The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City! - Splatoon 2 out 7/21!

Comments

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I downloaded Blaster Master Zero. It doesn't support the Pro controller yet, but the Joycon stick is actually not bad.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 11
    I might get Shock Troopers soon... it's cheap, sure... but one issue I see with it from the vids I'm watching... the character seems to move just a bit slower than I expected. Eh, whatever it's a small enough nitpick that I can overlook that.... yeah I'll get that next. This kind of game really takes me back to those glorious days of the typical '90s arcade experiences on a Saturday.

*another minor nitpick about Switch in general-- I know it's cool to hate the idea of achievements and trophies but gaming without such a thing at this point feels like "something is missing here...". I have no shame in "admitting" I love that shit. At least give me some online and friend-list-relevant leaderboards.

and a thing about Metal Slug that irks me---if I recall... you cannot shoot diagonally in that series...at least I think that's still the case... I hope I'm wrong on that because that shit is LAME. In a run-n-gun shootemup game... you only let me shoot up, down, left or right? Mannnnn GET the fuck out of here with that :tdown:

edit---oh could you imagine though... if Capcom somehow got whatever legal/trademark nonsense worked out so they could port the arcade side-scrolling ALIENS vs. PREDATOR on this?! Holy shit I would pass out at just the announcement of such a thing :wow: I love that game so damn much...
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Anyone buy the Switch just for USF2?

Ask that again when the game actually comes out.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,758
    I'm honestly fine with the lack of achievements. that shit is such a gimmick and notifications during games really really bothers me.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,116
    Trophies/achievements are gimmicks, but so is everything nintendo does, so whats the difference?
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,769
    A gimmick doesn't mean a negative anyway.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,006
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Trophies/achievements are gimmicks, but so is everything nintendo does, so whats the difference?

None. If anything, nintendo should be on-top of that with it's own brand of achievements.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,125
    I bought a Wii U originally for Mario Kart 8. I will be buying it again for Switch. Game raelly has a lot of new features. Battle mode really sells it for me now.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    So I've had a game lock up on me when I was resuming from sleep mode. Not sure what caused it, but maybe going in constant sleep mode while you have a game running isn't a good idea?
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    edited March 13
    I'm honestly fine with the lack of achievements. that shit is such a gimmick and notifications during games really really bothers me.
    So turn the notifications off.

smh.

but sometimes you need to have them on incase a message comes. usually in fighting/mp games its helpful. i just wish you'd get alerts after a match

but during single player games, i really don't want to be bothered by trivial crap.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    edited March 13

smh.

but sometimes you need to have them on incase a message comes. usually in fighting/mp games its helpful. i just wish you'd get alerts after a match

but during single player games, i really don't want to be bothered by trivial crap.
    So turn them off when you play a single player game, and turn them back when you are done. it takes 5 seconds. Don't be one of those lazy fucks who complains about shit that is 100% in within their control. it's petty and stupid.
    edited March 13

smh.

So turn them off when you play a single player game, and turn them back when you are done. it takes 5 seconds. Don't be one of those lazy fucks who complains about shit that is 100% in within their control. it's petty and stupid.

thats really annoying. I can't control how annoying that is.

Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,286
    Don't complain about it. It's perfectly within your power to control it and don't want to do it.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited March 13
    Don't complain about it. It's perfectly within your power to control it and don't want to do it.

But the fact that I have to do stuff like that is what annoys me.

I don't have this problem with the switch because it did it right.

its not my fault some people take what i said and have a total meltdown.

trophies are dumb and gimmicky and turning off notifications constantly is annoying.

cant handle that? get off the internet. shaddup.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro

trophies are dumb and gimmicky and turning off notifications constantly is annoying.

Oh we point out this problem is in your control and that means we a are having a melt down?

Fucking drama queen.
    edited March 14

Oh we point out this problem is in your control and that means we a are having a melt down?

Fucking drama queen.

u
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    y
    cuz
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    *shrug*
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ok, Neo Geo's Shock Troopers is alright... I'll admit the purchase was partly because I was desperate to play something besides Zelda on this thing (+ it's only 8 bucks and change; with all the overtime I've had lately that's definitely nothing), but it's at least alright.

One thing though--- the music is terribly forgettable. I was reminded of Contra and Super C, and how the music in that franchise was more fondly remembered. The music here is just kinda "blah"....even the boss battle theme is barely there. (heh, I should probably just listen to Contra music while playing this) The good thing is there's different characters, though the real differences appears to be only slight different walking speeds and different "bomb" attacks...and a few of them have a double bullet stream kind of default weapon.
    Generally, the movement speed is a bit slow... that's another thing I don't like about the game. Other than that, it has been fun so far.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,984
    edited March 14
    Million wrote: »
    Ok, Neo Geo's Shock Troopers is alright... I'll admit the purchase was partly because I was desperate to play something besides Zelda on this thing (+ it's only 8 bucks and change; with all the overtime I've had lately that's definitely nothing), but it's at least alright.

One thing though--- the music is terribly forgettable. I was reminded of Contra and Super C, and how the music in that franchise was more fondly remembered. The music here is just kinda "blah"....even the boss battle theme is barely there. (heh, I should probably just listen to Contra music while playing this) The good thing is there's different characters, though the real differences appears to be only slight different walking speeds and different "bomb" attacks...and a few of them have a double bullet stream kind of default weapon.
    Generally, the movement speed is a bit slow... that's another thing I don't like about the game. Other than that, it has been fun so far.

If you haven't already, grab Fast RMX, it slightly falls short of F-Zero GX levels of greatness due to having less character and the instakills instead of a shared health/boost bar being less interesting but it absolutely nails the sense of speed and the racing is still rock solid.

Controls like a dream on the joy con's too, to the point where I just use a single joy con even in single player mode.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,714
    Iduno wrote: »
    Million wrote: »

If you haven't already, grab Fast RMX, it slightly falls short of F-Zero GX levels of greatness due to having less character and the instakills instead of a shared health/boost bar being less interesting but it absolutely nails the sense of speed and the racing is still rock solid.

Controls like a dream on the joy con's too, to the point where I just use a single joy con even in single player mode.

How's the online?
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,984
    Dunno, haven't actually tried the online yet, mainly been playing it on the go either on lunch breaks or splitscreen with mates.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 15
    Rant warning.

Alright really sick of nintendo's shit with microsd cards now. This is the second dumbassed fucking problem I've had with nintendo systems and microsd cards.

One NO microsd cards above 32GB work with the new nintendo 3ds xl. Downloads will work for a bit then FAIL every damn time. You are forced to use 32GB or less. What if you buy all your games digital instead of carts?

I just tried downloading Fast RMX on switch. BECAUSE the fucking 64GB microsd card is in my switch the GAME WILL NOT WORK. Keeps saying corrupted save data. I have reset and redownloaded this shit multiple times now too. Blaster Master Zero WORKS FINE DOWNLOADED TO THE SD CARD. Super Bomberman R update data is FINE downloaded to the card. Can I transfer and view screenshots on the microsd card? Yes! I just spent $20 on this Fast RMX shit too. Nintendo will NEVER EVER stop this gimmick bullshit till the day we die and beyond. These problems shouldn't exist at all. Problems like this with old as 64GB microsd cards that have been out for longer than Rita being trapped on the moon or hell Mega Man Volnutt too. You have to remove the sd card to force stuff to download to the system storage too. You can't transfer that shit. Only thing I think you can do is screenshots and save data. Not the actual games. I have used the same sd card in my Galaxy S5 for years when I had it. And for a long while in my S7 before I upgraded with no problems.

I'm about ready to throw this damn switch through my tv and window and just not care. Really tired of nintendo's petty apple like shit with stuff now. It's not just the switch, it's not just the 3ds too. No wonder it runs like shit for zelda too. Apple's ios is shit too. That's the switch os too.

And note I'm not hating on nintendo just as blind hate either. I'd hate microsoft, sony, po's ass or whatever if they did something stupid as shit.

Fuck capcom while we're at it here too.
    Post edited by Tien Gouki on
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,351
    This is the first I've heard of SD cards not working, but I don't have a Switch, and don't own a lot of digital shit on 3DS...

Anyone else having these problems?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    The Nintendo site says the 3DS supports up to 32GB, but I've seen some people here say they have bigger cards. I have a 128GB micro SD that works fine on the Switch, which supports up to 2TB. Based on what Tien is saying, maybe his card is a fake? There are cards that say they're one size, but then when you try to read data past a certain point it just fails.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,276
    edited March 16
    32GB maximum support makes some sense on 3DS given its age. Even smartphones up till a year or 2 ago had mixed messages for awhile since the memory amount is supposedly a hardware issue and not just a software issue on some of them. I have a friend that said he had a 128GB work on switch though I think he only has 1 downloadable game he hasn't played much (has Zelda physical).

Biggest flaws the switch has currently is no media support. This thing needs to be marketed as a middle road tablet for people that want to also play good games. Get a Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube app out ASAP with basic browser support. Then allow media playback from this microSD.

Make this a superior choice over an ipad for the 10-12 year olds. Parents save money buying this and give the kid everything they really want so everyone wins. Longer they stall on this front the less chance the system has to be a success. This is so blatantly obvious it pains me to see Nintendo fucking up so much and sends a lot of red flags of 'get this shit out to make money, NOW!'.

Also they need to get rid of this stupid friend code shit or hide it behind the scenes so people don't actually have to type that shit in. Also i noticed there was no way to message a friend who is online ... like WTF nintendo. Online game still ass tier. No one is paying for your online without a shit ton more support. Also if you expect me to pay to use Netflix or the browser go to hell.

Jesus, whoever is responsible for marketing and didn't physically shove naysayers into a dumpster that disagreed on that need to be shot. That is the only clear path to success or at least part of it. Not having that support while people are looking could very well kill the system if they don't strike while the iron is at least luke warm.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,034
    edited March 16
    You have to format sd card if you want something bigger. My 3ds has 128 micro in it

Just Google it
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I formatted it like 5 times and downloaded a update for it to read sd cards before I had all these problems. I'm pretty sure I posted about it in this thread. But I just said screw it and put everything on the system memory. Don't really need the extra storage for now. But if I did I'd get something like the 256GB sandisk that works great in my S7. Thanks for the help though.

And just to confirm that was you King that added me? Sorry I was a few days late on adding back.
    edited March 17
    Thats why I was so on Nintnedo for not having simple shit like Netflix and Hulu day 1. Switch is a Tablet and parents still buy "Nintendos" for their kids so not having those things limits the appeal on multiple fronts, but I was an idiot for expecting Nintendo to try and match their competitors in software offerings apparently.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,450

why would someone buy a console before the single game they are interested is even available?
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,384
    edited March 17
    affinity wrote: »

why would someone buy a console before the single game they are interested is even available?

If it's a game you know that's pretty guaranteed to be coming out for the system then it doesn't matter when you purchase it. The only advantage one could have at waiting to purchase the system is on the off chance that the game gets canceled or there's a chance the system itself may end up going cheaper. 1st reason can be understandable depending upon the game but the second in this instance is has an extreme low chance of happening in the same year the system is released.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,934
    Thats why I was so on Nintnedo for not having simple shit like Netflix and Hulu day 1. Switch is a Tablet and kids still buy "Nintendos" for their kids so not having those things limits the appeal on multiple fronts, but I was an idiot for expecting Nintendo to try and match their competitors in software offerings apparently.

Why does it have to have Netflix and Hulu?
    Who cares, go play video games and lets not give a shit you are missing out on the last season of Orange is the new Black.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Tien Gouki wrote: »

And just to confirm that was you King that added me? Sorry I was a few days late on adding back.

Yeah, that was me.

Blaster Master Zero patch added Pro controller support. Go grab it now if you were on the fence before.

Probably not coming to the West, but can always hope.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,351
    edited March 20
    King9999 wrote: »

Probably not coming to the West, but can always hope.

Even if it's not... No region lock, my dude.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Seiken Densetsu Collection!

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,006
    edited March 21
    So it's pretty much confirmed that the Nintendo Switch is just a rebranded Nvidia Shield Tv. Using the same stock CPU/GPU. Maybe revamped software but, otherwise, the same. Also makes the Switch codename make more sense:

NX= Nvida X1. As in the Tegra X1 that's in the Nvidia Shield Tv. And not a "custom" chip either, it's a stock Tegra X1 copy & pasted into the Switch.

What a pathetic, half-assed move. Nintendo, rather than developing their own system, just bought the rights to rebrand/re-release existing hardware. The Joycons are about the only thing on it that's unique to nintendo. Cheap asses.

So those of you that bought a Switch, just bought a Nvidia Shield Tv w/nintendo branding on it. Sad.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/202349/20170320/the-nintendo-switch-uses-a-tegra-x1-chip-the-same-one-inside-nvidia-s-shield-android-tv.htm

https://gbatemp.net/threads/confirmed-nintendo-switch-is-using-stock-nvidia-tegra-x1-no-modifications.464725/

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,125
    Nigga here defending hardware with his ass backwards logic.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    edited March 21
    who cares if its new tech? do you get mad at dell for making laptops that are similar? its a new Nintendo platform.

play games, stfu.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,750
    Best way to engage a troll is not to engage one. Just ignore alpha Charlie and his dumb fucking posts.

Anyways, probably picking up Shovel Knight Treasure Trove tomorrow or the next day.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy (PS4), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW