The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City! - Mario Odyssey Out Now!!!

Comments

• JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,678
    Go to order on gamestop. I pick up the bundle. Whatever, fine. Then, I realize the shipping option was set by default on 1 week. Since I can't change it on the order history page, I go to cancel the order. It's cancelled fine, but now I find out I can't re-order it because I ordered it once already even though it's a cancelled order. Fuck, do I hate gamestop.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All of the the Arcade Archives titles that were available on the Japanese stores have made their way to the US stores so I'm sure Waku Waku 7 will show up.

On a related note, the Arcade Archives series is freaking great. Got Contra, Gradius, Gradius II and Life Force on the PS4. Best part is, you usually get the Japanese ROMs along with the US version. For example: Life Force contains three different versions of the game, Salamander, Life Force and the version of Life Force with different stages.

I found out Hamster Corporation was bringing the Arcade Archives line to the Xbone and Switch a few days ago so they should more than likely bring the lineup for 40+ games to those platforms.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeeeit, this magical little system is MINE now. I fortunately live just a few minutes away from a Gamestop so of course I went to the midnight release event. Unfortunately I don't have Zelda yet... I made the foolish decision to pre-order that at a different location; so I'll pick that up tomorrow.
    Profile Icon of choice-- Ganondorf, of course... the Wind Waker version for now.

I might get that Specter Knight game; it looks interesting enough to me and it is only 10 bucks.

*sidenote---there's an absolutely adorable, fine ass little redhead that works in that store... I'd eat. Redheads are serious business, folks.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 3
    The system update is a very small download. Version 2.0.0 is what it showed. So is the update before you can play Zelda BOTW Switch. Just got mine and now finished playing for a bit. The switch comes with around a 50% charge out of the box. There's only 9 games on the usa eshop if you count the two versions of Shovel Knight. I Am Setsuna is there but it's $40. Got it on the ps4 sale for I think it was around $24? The switch pro controller comes with a usb c to normal usb cord. That cord can be used for power banks and portable switch too. No need to buy another cord if you get the pro controller for that. Screenshots only take up around 100-200kb each it seems.

The Zelda botw update is a bit over 200MB it said but downloaded really quick. Something weird going on there.

Also it was a bitch to get my 64GB sandisk microsdxc card just to work in the damn thing. IT NEEDED A UPDATE JUST TO HAVE SDXC CARDS TO WORK WITH IT. I'm not shitting you here. I had to format and restart like 5 times just for it to work. One time I tried to format it the format didn't even work. I had to try again and it did. I got this error a lot before it worked too:

C5_GaO_WgAEDAC1.jpg

And yes I want this system to do well for nintendo. Just really getting tired of stupid bullshit like all this. They pick and choose where you can take screenshots while using the system. On the Zelda botw dlc purchase screen you can't take a screen shot. But you can take screenshots of other menu stuff.

C5_LTATWYAEAOnJ.jpg

This is about how I feel now about how well the switch itself is working. NSFW

Post edited by Tien Gouki on
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,805
    edited March 3
    That Wrestle Kingdom tag match always makes me crack up..

In other news Fast RMX is only a ~900MB download.
    I am convinced shin'en are fucking technical wizards at this point.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,367
    Stuck waiting in for mine, at this rate if Amazon take much longer I could have not booked the day off work to receive it.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there a way to set up blue tooth headphones?

Gotta find a damn pair of 3.5 so I can play this shit in bed without waking the wife.

You don't have a regular pair of headphones somewhere?
    Hell yeah, mine arrived and it turns out Fast RMX is on the estore now, got that gdlk singleplayer in Zelda and gdlk multiplayer in that day 1 now.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 212
    Is anybody else having issues with the kick stand. Mine wont stay closed. If I gently shake the Switch the stand just flops down. Does every bodies do this or should I get a replacement. Also does anybody know the size of the update.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,272
    So I'm pretty sure Target fucked up and I just got my Switch for free. My Switch is waiting for me at my house and they've yet to charge me for it.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

TKR wrote: »
    Is anybody else having issues with the kick stand. Mine wont stay closed. If I gently shake the Switch the stand just flops down. Does every bodies do this or should I get a replacement. Also does anybody know the size of the update.

Mine's staying in fine, might be an issue with your unit.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,552
    edited March 3
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Remember memory cards? Where you could take your save data on the go and use it on other machines, like when visiting friends or helping to make tournaments run fast as fuck because you could upload a fully unlocked FG roster and features onto multiple machines+cards?

What happened to that shit? Or am I just being a grumpy, out-of-touch old gamer again for questioning "modern" design choices?

There's no need for memory cards since every modern console have a harddrive or some other kind of internal storage. USB drives would be a modern memory card but most saves for games these days are encrypted because M$ and Sony want to protect trophies and achievements.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Remember memory cards? Where you could take your save data on the go and use it on other machines, like when visiting friends or helping to make tournaments run fast as fuck because you could upload a fully unlocked FG roster and features onto multiple machines+cards?

What happened to that shit? Or am I just being a grumpy, out-of-touch old gamer again for questioning "modern" design choices?

There's no need for memory cards since every modern console has a harddrive or some other kind of internal storage. USB drives would be a modern memory card but most saves for games these days are encrypted because M$ and Sony want to protect trophies and achievements.

Yup. Gotta protect useless shit over the convenience of bringing over a memory card to a friends house.
    Gotta lug around the fucken console now.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,298
    So I'm pretty sure Target fucked up and I just got my Switch for free. My Switch is waiting for me at my house and they've yet to charge me for it.

Pay that shit forward. Do something nice for a random stranger and keep the universe in balance
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,883
    Man the joycons are TINY. I'm really glad I got the pro controller, even in the grip it feels hacky and make shift.

Zelda graphics are pretty shitty when docked. Can't comment on the portable mode since I haven't done that yet but damn, it definitely looks like a Wii U game, and the framerate drops easily when just walking around in the brush with a few trees or an enemy on screen.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,298
    purbeast wrote: »
    Man the joycons are TINY. I'm really glad I got the pro controller, even in the grip it feels hacky and make shift.

Zelda graphics are pretty shitty when docked. Can't comment on the portable mode since I haven't done that yet but damn, it definitely looks like a Wii U game, and the framerate drops easily when just walking around in the brush with a few trees or an enemy on screen.

Im curious to see how other 1st party titles perform that aren't "hampered" with a Wii U version (shouldn't be long now since this is the last Wii U game made by Nintendo).
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,221
    edited March 3
    purbeast wrote: »

The wii u version performs exactly the same. Walk around any area with trees and tall grass and the game starts to have a heart attack.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,092
    edited March 4
    Add me when you get the chance SW-6110-4628-4232

Everything is clean and simple right now. Having a section just straight up for news is a pretty good idea. The fact that they have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 up there and they're already advertising it makes me happy.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Sonichuman wrote: »

Everything is clean and simple right now. Having a section just straight up for news is a pretty good idea. The fact that they have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 up there and they're already advertising it makes me happy.
    where you do you find your friend code? i looked everywhere and couldnt find it.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Played that clipper game with my son, had a blast. The joy cons are so small though, even he complained. I tried to show him how to hold it, like a snes/nes controller and he had the hardest time. I guess young kids have no frame of reference.

Speaking of. The switch treats secondary accounts far better than PS4. Not having to constantly make sure Mics/vr or whatever is linked to the proper account just a simple " who wants to play this game" as soon as it loads is perfect.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,092

where you do you find your friend code? i looked everywhere and couldnt find it.

upper left and select your user page. you'll find your profile and friend list there along with your friend code and where you can add people.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Bomberman Online is good. Just thought you guys should know. Up to 8 players at once even. Got up to 4 players tonight playing.

My friend code is: SW 2112-5397-4040 if you want to add me for bomberman.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    no news unless USF2
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 873 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bomberman r seems like it has input delay
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 212
    How big is the initial update. I need to make sure I have enough data before starting it. Also are there any free games up online. Our local importer only allowed one store and one online store to get stock. Then the store that I pre-ordered from got 8 consoles and 3 games. Of course my dumb ass went to work before going to pick it up, so I have nothing to play. And they have no date of when there will be stock.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,911 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TKR wrote: »
    How big is the initial update. I need to make sure I have enough data before starting it. Also are there any free games up online. Our local importer only allowed one store and one online store to get stock. Then the store that I pre-ordered from got 8 consoles and 3 games. Of course my dumb ass went to work before going to pick it up, so I have nothing to play. And they have no date of when there will be stock.

The update is really small, you should be fine.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 4
    People at Gamefaqs say this system, outside of preorders, isn't really flying off shelves, and you should be able to walk into Walmart or most other stores and find at least one in most areas. Either Nintendo actually proved competent and provided adequate supplies, or everyone who was interested preordered. I want to wait until it maybe gets some design issues resolved (I hear the cradle scratches the screen), possibly a $50 price drop, and a decent fighting game. The HD SF2t re-tread ain't gonna cut it. And I hear next-gen systems have trouble running Xenoverse 2 without framerate issues and other problems...anyone see how this system won't have even worse issues?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    edited March 4

upper left and select your user page. you'll find your profile and friend list there along with your friend code and where you can add people.

thank ya kindly.

mine is SW-0094-9702-6716

i also added a friend code section to the first post. so post up them friend codes!
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

SW-2722-8799-3295

Also in my sig.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    edited March 4
    I want to create a Japanese account for eShop, but I'm not being sent the verification code. Anyone else have problems?

EDIT: This is pretty cool

I checked my own pad, and it's there!
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,144
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068
    edited March 4
    Heres how get access to the Japanese E-Shop

Heres a list of games from the Japanese E-Shop's launch lineup that have English and other language support

Physical/download...
    1-2-Switch: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL, RU.
    Disgaea 5: JA, EN.
    Dragon Quest Heroes I-II: Japanese language only.
    I Am Setsuna: JA, EN, FR.
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL, RU.
    Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence: Japanese language only.
    Puyo-Puyo Tetris: Japanese language only.
    Super Bomberman R: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL, PT, RU, ZH.

Download-only...
    Blaster Master Zero: JA, EN.
    The King of Fighters '98: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    Metal Slug 3: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers: JA, EN, KO, ZH.
    Othello: JA, EN.
    Shock Troopers: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    Snipperclips: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT, NL.
    Soldam: Word of Bloom: Japanese language only.
    Voez: JA, EN, KO, ZH.
    Vroom in the Night Sky: JA, EN.
    Waku-Waku 7: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    World Heroes Perfect: JA, EN, ES, FR, DE, IT.
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    People at Gamefaqs say this system, outside of preorders, isn't really flying off shelves, and you should be able to walk into Walmart or most other stores and find at least one in most areas. Either Nintendo actually proved competent and provided adequate supplies, or everyone who was interested preordered. I want to wait until it maybe gets some design issues resolved (I hear the cradle scratches the screen), possibly a $50 price drop, and a decent fighting game. The HD SF2t re-tread ain't gonna cut it. And I hear next-gen systems have trouble running Xenoverse 2 without framerate issues and other problems...anyone see how this system won't have even worse issues?

You know, I remember hearing about retailers that were going to be stocking more Switches beyond the Pre order amount to be able to sell to walk-ins post midnight launch. If thats the case, it sounds like to me that the retailers didnt really say much it about it. So now they probably have few Switches sitting around waiting to be picked up by people who thought the Switch was sold out everywhere since they werent able to pre-order it and might take a few days for those people to catch on.
    Post edited by kenuran on
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
    I managed to get the verification code. I used a non-gmail email address.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,357
    are the fighting games online play
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • IanoIano Joined: Posts: 51
    What are folks doing for payment on the Japanese eshop? I heard you can't use a US card, but you could buy Japanese eshop cards, ebay I assume?
    Is there a way to use my online profile on a friends switch system? Like say I want to play Super Bomberman R on a friends switch and just use my pro controller. Just need to confirm this. I know it just might be as simple as logging in.