The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 369
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    I can't remember...has it been mentioned before that Splatoon 2 will let you Switch weapons between matches?
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=229297849

This is from a impressions thread of someone who played the system at PAX

oh god are they finally going to let us change our loadouts? Hell I'll even just take switching the weapon loadout and having the equipment still be locked outside it, just dont make me have to leave my lobby every time i want to change my gun that was literally the only truly bad thing about that games multiplayer. It was like a single tiny stain on a perfectly white dress shirt, it was horrible.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,439
    Wonder what the chances are of Rommance of the Three kingdoms on the switch actually running better than the PS4 counterpart. I would import if I knew for sure it had english text and subtitle mode and it ran better than the PS4 version. I wonder what the hell was up with that.

Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,439
    I know this doesn't mean much to those who are against.. but it looks like the online fee will be around 20 bucks a year.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,866
    Being cheaper than the competition won't mean much if the online service is still shit.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,371
    $20... $50... or $5... If that shit is as bad as the current online, Nintendo can go fuck themselves.

Can't go two matches in Smash without the game turning to shit, and I'm on a wired connection... I can only imagine the horror that awaits the apparently wi-fi only Switch online experience.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Newest switch trailer

Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• blackninja2004blackninja2004 Ibuki is Bae Joined: Posts: 5
    Won't be able to get it at launch.............but will get one this year.
    Maybe I'll wait until Black Friday.

Im will you there, dude. There might even be a bundle deal by that time.

"Red Cyclone"
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited February 2

^^ Ok so call me crazy but am i the only one that, when i leave my apartment, actually intend to be productive and or get things done OTHER than gaming?

Even when i'm not doing anything worthwhile, i can live without my videogames till i get back to the apartment. Definitely not going to drag my game console to a social gathering. I'm there to be sociable and do other things. If i just wanted to play games and not interact with others, i'd have stayed home.

Then the part where the guy's girlfriend is down to screw but, the dude is just blissfully playing. Nintendo Switch= It's so good, you won't even want pussy anymore. lol.

Also i like how Nintendo is playing up this mobile aspect as if we've never had a good portable system until now. Which is obviously not true. Even when it comes to sheer power, nintendo still is NOT breaking new ground here. The Vita was basically a portable Playstation 3, delivering console-quality titles (And PSP was essentially a portable PS2).
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,628
    Alpha Charlie talking nonsense again...someone needs to get him his meds...or off his meds I don't know.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,460
    psp unmodded was about a 6.5 7 out of 10 in terms of consoles go I spent more time playing snes and GBA games on it than anything else not to say I don't have a solid 10-20 PSP games that I loved

Vita was just pure trash never was there a greater case of wasted potential since Good Will Hunting it should have just played console games instead of console-ish games with an Android mobile style mixed in

So the Switch already does everything the Vita wished it could do but couldn't because Sony Is incompetent AF and just has gotten lucky with publishing deals on hot games in the past.

Please stop being that fanboy that tells other fanboys to stop being fanboys, especially when its not even a case of fanboy shit. Sony's handhelds were okay to trash with more half assed ideas than the wii u and virtual boy combined. There's areason that while the PSP was out The DS rose up and became the highest selling console of all time.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSP was only good for the emulating.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Nintendo Switch Superbowl Trailer - Extended Cut
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,292
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Alpha Charlie talking nonsense again...someone needs to get him his meds...or off his meds I don't know.
    Or share that shit with the rest of us.
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    PSP was only good for the emulating.
    1a9.gif
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Have we confirmed that a power bank/portable charger can be used to keep it running?

It has a standard USB C port, and the Switch reveal trailer showed the guy using it at an airport terminal plugged into a wall outlet.

SuccessKid.jpg
    YES
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 795
    PSP could not do a lot of the particle effects the PS2 could and was more limited in the amount of polygons. Also, I highly doubt Vita could handle something like GTA V. Don't know what Switch will be able to do, but I doubt it will catch on until heavily discounted like the 3DS was if it has even half as much 3rd party support as its predecessor.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,260
    At least that ad showed USF2

Official nintendo switch hardware overview (granted it's the basics for those uniformed)

I am happy to know it supports portable chargers so therefore my multiple chargers will rally get use!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I honestly have no interest in any of the launch titles for this system. I'll get one later if Capcom, Arc, Namco, and SNK actually start bringing the goods.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • IanoIano Joined: Posts: 51
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    I honestly have no interest in any of the launch titles for this system. I'll get one later if Capcom, Arc, Namco, and SNK actually start bringing the goods.

I'm hyped about Super Bomberman R, mostly nostalgic.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,469
    So how does it handle Wii U games? Is it backward compatible/can I upload my Virtual Console purchases from Wii U to Switch?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Ash to Ash Joined: Posts: 3,251
    So how does it handle Wii U games? Is it backward compatible/can I upload my Virtual Console purchases from Wii U to Switch?

It's not backwards compatible, and there's no word on VC transfer yet but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Prove your justice to society.

No
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Time Magazine interviewed Kimishima: http://time.com/4662446/nintendo-president-switch-interview/

Here are the notables:
    • You can still create Miis, but the Mii Maker has been pushed to System Settings. So Miis are still around, but there's clearly less focus on them. Devs can still insert Miis into their games.
    • No web browser at launch. They're pushing the Switch as a dedicated video game console. All the non-essentials are likely coming later.
    • eShop will be available at launch, but no further details given. Will it even be called eShop?
    • Kimishima reiterated that the price of the online service will be $18-$27 USD per year. Online play is "key to the business"
    • Interviewer asked if Switch can "emulate" Wii U games. Kimishima responded by saying they can be remade for the Switch, as is the case with MK8. Support for controllers for older consoles may be considered in the future.
    • The Switch is powerful enough to support VR, but don't expect it anytime soon until Nintendo figures out the best way to introduce it.
    • They're not creating a successor to the 3DS "right now." The implication here is that the Switch is not the successor to the 3DS.
    • The "quality of life" project is still going. No further details are given.
    • They plan to ship 2 million Switch units by the end of March
    • They are considering what "Nintendo-like" eSports will look like in terms of business model/rewards. He quotes the two obvious eSports candidates ARMS and Splatoon 2.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,234
    I hope the Wii U Gamepad is compatible with it when they release Super Mario Maker for the Switch. I'd like to be able to build levels while displaying it on my TV.
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    Capcom... bringing the goods.

latest?cb=20120819172250

Po, I know this might be hard, but we all just want to help you. Come on...show us on the doll where Capcom touched you.
    edited February 9

latest?cb=20120819172250

Po, I know this might be hard, but we all just want to help you. Come on...show us on the doll where Capcom touched you.

Here it is:
    Mega00.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Fuck that company and everything they touch.

Sooooooooo Fuck Megaman?

latest?cb=20120819172250

And also fuck you Po?

latest?cb=20120819172250

Here it is:

Sooooooooo Fuck Megaman?

latest?cb=20120819172250

And also fuck you Po?

Fuck THAT... THAT THING they're calling Mega Man.

Now, enough of your trolling, this is a Switch thread.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited February 9

latest?cb=20120819172250

Here it is:

Sooooooooo Fuck Megaman?

latest?cb=20120819172250

And also fuck you Po?

Fuck THAT... THAT THING they're calling Mega Man.

Now, enough of your trolling, this is a Switch thread.

"You want to keep a thread on topic? Talk shit about something completely different, then call people out as being off topic when they call you out"

dd63d86372c280dc30715b3a8254c15b.jpg

So I guess there's more support for Switch having GC controllers now, eh?
    Game Informer has a new vid where they ask 51 questions to Miyamoto and Aonuma: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/08/51-questions-and-answers-about-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx

The "2D Metroid Please" note is hilarious.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    "Online is key to the business."

Delivering a low-lag Smash Bros better be in that motherfucking key, or I'm Macho Man Elbowing Kimishima right in the top of his bald head.

These laggy ass Links and Clouds deserve to fucking die horrible, painful deaths goddammit.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,260
    USF2 will be best selling game on Switch
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    USF2 will be best selling game on Switch

Not if its laggy as fuck...
    Drop an online Pokémon MMO and Smash with low to no lag and let iy print money
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,404
    chadouken! wrote: »
    I hope the Wii U Gamepad is compatible with it when they release Super Mario Maker for the Switch. I'd like to be able to build levels while displaying it on my TV.

I wanted the same but by the looks of if they do have dual screen play they will probably add some type of console wifi fusion encouraging people to get multiple Switches for dual screen play
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Drop an online Pokémon MMO and Smash with low to no lag and let iy print money

I've been wanting to see this since...Gamecube era? I don't think it will happen.

latest?cb=20120819172250

Here it is:

You have truly been burned, but have faith dude. Everything old is coming back eventually.
    edited February 12
    Pffft, good luck finding even 2 other people you know IRL with a damn Switch, let alone with a copy of Splatoon 2.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file