The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City! - Mario Odyssey Out Now!!!

Comments

• MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 10
    Fortunately for me I decided against it then.. I was tempted to go over to the games/tech section since I did some Walmart grocery shopping early this morning. I put off Sonic Forces 'til much later if at all... and I may do the same for Doom, actually... heh, and just like that I saved myself about 100 bucks. Despite how terribly old Skyrim is (6 years old as of tomorrow!)... it is the bigger priority for me. That's day 1 no doubt. I'm already letting my twisted imagination marinate on deciding what my newest character and their adventures will be all about.

*It would be so nice though if I could at least have the "Better Vampires" mod on it... ohhhh that's such good stuff...for a hardcore vampire fan that's really all you need....it adds sooo much-- various levels of advancement for your vampirism that go beyond the default "stage 1 thru 4 + Lord form" levels, turning people (*which then makes them loyal since you are their "sire")....adjusting whether the sun constantly damages you or not, an option to make random hunters occasionall show upetc.... the list of cool lore-related details from that mod is insane.

(*note-- there is a quest in the normal game though which has you "turn" someone in one of the towns..you get to check back later if you want...and you see how she is adjusting to her new life as a vamp.)

edit-- since I brought it up... a quick look at that mod for the uninitiated
    Post edited by Million on
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,289
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/sony_is_publishing_an_indie_title_tiny_metal_on_the_switch

Game looks like advanced wars, I'm down. No mention on switch pricing yet.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,161
    Got 500 moons and
    FUCKING HELL.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    Any news on Black Friday deals? *crosses fingers*
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,003
    locoghoul wrote: »

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=video+games

If you are looking to new versions of Disgaea 5 ($20), Super Bomberman R ($25) or Dragonball Xenoverse 2 ($20) for Switch physically at a low low prices, the time is approaching.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,539
    Wellman wrote: »
    locoghoul wrote: »

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=video+games

If you are looking to new versions of Disgaea 5 ($20), Super Bomberman R ($25) or Dragonball Xenoverse 2 ($20) for Switch physically at a low low prices, the time is approaching.

Will definitely try to swoop Bomberman and Disgaea
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,086
    Disgaea 5 at $20? Hmmmmmmm....
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

One of my homies bought USF2 on Switch and apparently the game is still active? Almost tempted since I can get the game by only paying $5 out of pocket
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    Better than any other fighters Capcpom put out recently...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,823
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    One of my homies bought USF2 on Switch and apparently the game is still active? Almost tempted since I can get the game by only paying $5 out of pocket

Bro Fist
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,289
    Yea I'll be picking up Disgaea. Wanting to grab it earlier but wasn't willing to take a full price chance on it... for 20 it's as good as copped. Will have LA Noire, Skyrim, Disgaea and xenoverse 2 for that long work trip I got coming up... looks like I can leave the ps4 at home.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,873
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Got 500 moons and
    FUCKING HELL.
    I got 500 tonight and finally gave up off of frustration. It's not that it is even hard, it's that the control in this game can turn to complete shit when you randomly get a locked camera angle. I've died so many times due to this shit. It's really frustrating and takes me out of the game big time. I will probably beat it tomorrow I got pretty far (I think) and got annoyed so just stopped.
    purbeast wrote: »
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Got 500 moons and
    FUCKING HELL.
    I got 500 tonight and finally gave up off of frustration. It's not that it is even hard, it's that the control in this game can turn to complete shit when you randomly get a locked camera angle. I've died so many times due to this shit. It's really frustrating and takes me out of the game big time. I will probably beat it tomorrow I got pretty far (I think) and got annoyed so just stopped.
    The part that keeps getting me is when you have to flick Mario across the lava. I keep missing the second or third little switch and end up getting to the pipe with only one health bar. So the next section with the moving platform and ring lasers it's usually one hit and I'm dead. I'm going to try again tomorrow afternoon as well. Got too tired and was rushing shit tonight. Good luck, man!
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,176

Im starving for a good JRPG
    and this is exactly what I was lookin for
    reminds me of the good old grandia 2 / skies of arcadia dreamcast days :)
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

More like "The only semi-recent fighter Switch has right now", In other news, a leak (from the same source that leaked TMNT dlc in Injustice 2) claims a Switch version of FighterZ IS in the works with a fall/winter 2018 release estimate, as well as Soul Calibur 6 for PS4, Switch, and PC. Didn't like 5, so jaundiced eye at that one.

I'd drop 20 bucks on Umvc3 for Switch SO fast. Never thought I'd miss that game...until Infinite came out.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 666
    I was thinking about getting a switch and I was wondering if there was any essential accessories to get with it? I know that a screen protector is essential, but does it need an AC adaptor or joy con protectors?
    Screen protectors aren't essential IMO. You aren't touching the screen very often if ever. And it's not as if you're really going to be carrying the big ass switch around in your pocket and taking it in/out and potentially dropping it.

There are no "essential" accessories other than a carrying case if you are going to take it places with you.
  • RanmaRanma Boy-Type™ Joined: Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Graphic wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting a switch and I was wondering if there was any essential accessories to get with it? I know that a screen protector is essential, but does it need an AC adaptor or joy con protectors?

If you do get a screen protector, get the tempered glass screen armor by Nyko. It's really easy to put on without getting any air bubbles and it's a perfect fit. I got one because i have two friends who's screens got scratched simply by taking it in and out of the dock. It doesn't happen to everyone but I didn't want to chance it.

Sharp like an edge of a samurai sword,
    the mental blade cut through flesh and bone,
    though my mind's at peace, the world out of order,
    missin' the inner heat, life gets colder.
    Some video of tiny metal. Release date says aiming for November 21st. Hoping it has a unit rank system similar to end war:

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,086

AC adapter comes with the system..you don't need joy con protectors as the joy cons are pretty sturdy. If you plan on traveling a lot with your switch you probably want a case to carry it in for protection. I do recommend getting a screen protector as I've heard people say they've damaged the screen from taking system out of the dock and putting it in. I'd imagine if you're super careful you can avoid this but I think taking the precaution of just putting a protector on it is better than risking it each and every time you move it to and from the dock.

That's really about it to be honest...you may want to consider getting a special dock later to prop the system up and have access to port at the bottom maybe but that can definitely come later.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Ranma wrote: »

If you do get a screen protector, get the tempered glass screen armor by Nyko. It's really easy to put on without getting any air bubbles and it's a perfect fit. I got one because i have two friends who's screens got scratched simply by taking it in and out of the dock. It doesn't happen to everyone but I didn't want to chance it.

I suggest amFilm's tempered glass screen protectors over anything Nyko ever makes.
    https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo/dp/B01N3ASPNV/
    purbeast wrote: »
    Screen protectors aren't essential IMO. You aren't touching the screen very often if ever. And it's not as if you're really going to be carrying the big ass switch around in your pocket and taking it in/out and potentially dropping it.

There are no "essential" accessories other than a carrying case if you are going to take it places with you.
    It is if you don't want your dock to scuff your screen, unless you get one of those Dock anti scuff accessories.
    Sonichuman wrote: »

AC adapter comes with the system..you don't need joy con protectors as the joy cons are pretty sturdy. If you plan on traveling a lot with your switch you probably want a case to carry it in for protection. I do recommend getting a screen protector as I've heard people say they've damaged the screen from taking system out of the dock and putting it in. I'd imagine if you're super careful you can avoid this but I think taking the precaution of just putting a protector on it is better than risking it each and every time you move it to and from the dock.

That's really about it to be honest...you may want to consider getting a special dock later to prop the system up and have access to port at the bottom maybe but that can definitely come later.
    Agreed

Recommended:
    Screen Protector, preferably Tempered Glass from a reputable manufacturer (Look for companies that also make screen protectors for smartphones and tablets, not Nyko)

Optional accessories:
    Pro Controller, 3rd party Pad or Arcade stick for Fighters and Arcade titles

Travel Dock/ TV interface (and AC adapter) so you don't have to bring your own dock around when you take it to your friends Big screen.
    (there some nice minimal sized travel docks that works well for the Switch, some also support some Samsung Phones).

Stand/ Non-power Dock or Charge only Dock for Travel if that suits you. A Cheap $12 Tablet Stand covers this. I used the 3DS stand that came with Kid Icarus

Carrying/travel case if you take the Switch with you.

Travel charger (make sure it's USB 3.0 Compliant, you need 15 volts options if you want to power a the Dock with it)

Not needed/ Waste of money
    Joycon protectors
    Switch Tablet Protectors (both are quiet sturdy and can survive a drop or two)
    Any weird controller accessories that we seen for the Wii/Wii U
    Thumb Stick caps
    Tiny metal looks fun as hell.
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    Tiny metal looks fun as hell.

I may skip on Disgaea if it makes the release date and price is right.
    heh... also, if you were one of the 12 or so people that bought the damn WiiU, there is a tablet-stand thing that came with that system which happens to fit the Switch just fine. I didn't even remember I had that until a month or so ago when cleaning up and moving some things around. Of course it is much better than the dinky little stand that's already on the back of the system. (*which is quite strange, btw---why only on 1 side? I suppose that was to save a little on production cost...only making 1 stand/piece back there instead of 2..but even then... from a design standpoint---why not a wider piece that is more centered in the back?) It holds the system up perfectly for "table-top mode", which I've been using on a regular basis ever since.

*today starts the week, folks--- 11/17 is a big fuckin deal for me-- besides SKYRIM there's that little shooter called Rive, along with other things (Justice League starts that weekend, and Star Wars Battlefront II will also be out.).... sheeeeit, I will most likely try to get Friday off for all this greatness that is scheduled for this weekend.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,760
    I remember playing the Rive demo on the Wii I a couple years back, and enjoyed it a ton. Glad to see it's finally coming out....on a new system, lol!

Is Skyrim cool? It looks customization is the biggest part of it, but the gameplay is "shitty western rpg".
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Femto wrote: »
    I remember playing the Rive demo on the Wii I a couple years back, and enjoyed it a ton. Glad to see it's finally coming out....on a new system, lol!

Is Skyrim cool? It looks customization is the biggest part of it, but the gameplay is "shitty western rpg".

Last one I really played was oblivion. But I def wouldn't called the elder scrolls series a shitty western rpg. If you prefer Japanese style stuff though it may not be your cup of tea
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,270
    Finally got past new Donk city. Festival was cool.

In the snow kingdom now.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,072
    the pro controller is a must IMHO.
    anyway, i too was considering usf4. i have a few questions before i purchase...
    any discounts on this game on the eshop or in person? i'd prefer a physical copy just for the art/case.
    is the scene active/decent?
    is there an adapter for a ps3 fightstick to be used on a switch?
    can i play in retro mode ALL of the time? i don't like the hd graphics and prefer old school.
    debs wrote: »
    any discounts on this game on the eshop or in person? i'd prefer a physical copy just for the art/case.
    can i play in retro mode ALL of the time? i don't like the hd graphics and prefer old school.

Do you have bestbuy gamersclub? Makes it 30. Scene is pretty active. Don't know about fight sticks.

You can play in retro all day if you want to.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540

The online for the game is still active. Brooks has a converter that lets you use PS3 and PS4 controllers on the Switch
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/product/

Yes, you have the choice of using the retro graphics all the time.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Femto wrote: »

yeah that's the thing... the gameplay--specifically the combat...that is indeed a weakness of the game. For years I've always imagined how Skyrim with any other modern action-RPG's combat would automatically be my favorite RPG ever made... I got used to it again recently when the Special edition was released, but it still definitely is inferior to the more flashy stuff like Dragon's Dogma and Kingdoms of Amalur.

The interesting thing is though...it somehow manages to still be one of my favorite games of all time. The main draw with Skyrim is the freedom, the world, and the lore... for fans of supernatural stuff like me--- it is literally the only RPG I've heard of in the modern era that includes the possibility for your character to get turned into a vampire or werewolf. No other modern game is giving us that...the only other choice is Vampire the Masquerade, a pc-only game which is now 13 years old and aged horribly. (*2004 console-wise---we were still on the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube era back then!) After you make it past the story-related sequence/intro, it really is up to the player for what kind of adventures the "Dragonborn" character gets into next...and the entire world is open for you to explore.

Oh and speaking of Kingdoms of Amalur--ohhh that would be a dream right there... if that suddenly got announced for Switch I'd pass out. That would get SO bought immediately. Amalur was everything the Fable franchise should have eventually become... the action-oriented combat was excellent... like the people behind it were thinking "hey...why does combat in an RPG have to be lame? Why not make that shit awesome?!" and they proceeded to do exactly that. I loved it so much I bought every version---yeah I have it for everything-- PS3, 360 and PC.
    (*it's also more stable, btw; Amalur has precisely 1 game-breaking bug that never got fixed...and fortunately it's easy to avoid; if anyone here ever gets into that game--- don't break the crystal shard things on the eastern side of the map before the main story tells you to do that.)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    Ewwww no.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    Ewwww no.

Name a better one.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    edited November 12
    Ewwww no.

Name a better one.
    I would rather play SFV then a fucked up version of ST/HDR.

But I think 4 is better then this is, I'd rather play Tatsunoku or Marvel 3 then this.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Brooks make a ps3/ps4 to Switch USB adapter
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,072
    Darksakul wrote: »
    It is if you don't want your dock to scuff your screen, unless you get one of those Dock anti scuff accessories.

I do have a dock sock but got that well after launch. I'm just not a moron about putting my console in/out of the dock though so I probably didn't need it. It looks cool though with the NES image.
    Finally!
    I finally beat Long Journey's End. It honestly wasn't nearly as difficult as Champion Road or the Daredevil Run in Galaxy, but it did take quite a few tries before I beat it. The final reward is pretty cool and can add a new optional challenge of its own when going back to explore and collect the rest of the moons, which I fully intend to do.I do kinda wish there was a little more challenge overall. Maybe beating some of the bosses again with the new prize, just to say I did,
    lol.