The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Juri Duty All Day Joined: Posts: 1,576
    Finished Mario Odyssey. I really enjoyed it. I at first didn't like how easy it was to find moons, like sometimes they're just out in the open for free, but then I realized just how many moons there was, so hunting them became fun. I was expecting the moon count to be like stars and shines from 64 and Sunshine, so that threw me off at first.

I did sometimes have an issue with depth perception. There are times when the camera pulls back too far. I had this problem the most at the Luncheon Kingdom boss and the final level. Never had this problem in Mario 64 or Sunshine.

I did like the final level though. I wish there were more stages with that level of challenge.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,568
    I think I'm gonna def get Xenoblade 2 on launch. I haven't finished XCX though. I got where you gotta do shit to get your mech, and took a break. i was thinking of trying to power marathon before 2 comes out..but man...idk if I can. the game drops in like 2 weeks
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,913
    I did like the final level though. I wish there were more stages with that level of challenge.
    There are if you keep playing...[/quote]
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,933
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna def get Xenoblade 2 on launch. I haven't finished XCX though. I got where you gotta do shit to get your mech, and took a break. i was thinking of trying to power marathon before 2 comes out..but man...idk if I can. the game drops in like 2 weeks

Oh damn this is me, except I'm not copping XB2. Gonna start XCX again next week though!
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,616
    edited November 19
    Mario Odyssey post-ending challenges are at times sweetly, infuriatingly tough. It gets Mario Sunshine hard.

(And Mario Sunshine wonky in some of the challenges, but that's another story.)
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,040
    Femto wrote: »

Oh damn this is me, except I'm not copping XB2. Gonna start XCX again next week though!

I beat X although I never got the most ready made broken Mecha Ares 90 but I beat the main story and most of the major side quests. I have yet to beat the original Xenoblade though, I was thinking I would do that before picking up Xenoblade 2 but the most recent trailers and previews have gotten me stupid hyped. Even know the stylized 'Rare Blades' shown off are going to be a lot more difficult to get I still want to pick it up immediately in December this week while I can still get that Prime discount on pre orders.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,878
    Mario Odyssey post-ending challenges are at times sweetly, infuriatingly tough. It gets Mario Sunshine hard.

(And Mario Sunshine wonky in some of the challenges, but that's another story.)

Mario Odyssey’s post game has been fantastic for me so far, currently at about 600+ moons and there’s still a bunch of stuff to do.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,416

I can't remember if it took me 260 or 360 hours to 100% the map.

Better get moving lol.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,274
    edited November 21
    Splatoon might have some sort of update trailer coming out tomorrow
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458265

Beat Super Mario Odyssey a few days ago and I'm the post game now collecting more moons. Currently sitting at 395. Not planning on collecting every moon in this game but I"m going to collect what I can. Game has been amazing and the ending sequence kinda makes me want a game starring Bowser. The only nitpick I could have about this game is the OST on the whole is lacking in comparison to previous titles. There's definitely some good tracks here but I feel there aren't going to be many tracks that stick with people in the long run. Jump up Super Star owns this game for free lol. Bonneton, New Donk City Daytime, Fossil Falls, Steam Gardens, and RoboBrood Battle were some other standouts. Of course some of the returning themes were pretty good with the one that stood out the most being P*redacted* C*redacted*.

So far Koizumi is doing a great job with this IP...just need the sounds guys for this game to step it up if they're gonna be filling in the role for Koji Kondo.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Odyssey#Development

Apparently this was Naoto's first time being the lead for a game along with some help from Kondo and Shiho Fuuji. Sooo Mahito Yakota was nowhere to be found on this game at all. That guy has been doing a great job music wise over there so it's kinda disappointing he didn't do anything on this but I'm guessing he's got his hands full with other stuff.

Also Spoilers in response to ReggieHadoken's post
    Definitely gonna have to agree with that lol. And it's real awkward walking around the Kingdom's now while she's on her vacation after being kidnapped after she just left without telling anyone. You're of royalty...PREEEEEETTY sure you can't do that especially after just being kidnapped and nearly forced into a wedding.

Bowser also had all this time go steal shit for his wedding but didn't bother to steal a priest or a man of the cloth to wed them. Guessing he didn't care he we gonna consumate the marriage his own way I suppose.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,224
    just beat Mario O. today
    such a great game, now Im trying to collect all the moons
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    edited November 21
    Okay the treasure made of coins power moon in the Wooded Kingdom can eat the biggest of dicks, the solution to that is so obscure, costly and absolutely not worth the effort.

Currently around the mid-700’s, taking longer than it used to for me to collect stars since there’s a lot less of them and the ones I missed are generally better hidden, I’ve fully completing some of the worlds though.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    edited November 21
    Okay the treasure made of coins power moon in the Wooded Kingdom can eat the biggest of dicks, the solution to that is so obscure, costly and absolutely not worth the effort.

Currently around the mid-700’s, taking longer than it used to for me to collect stars since there’s a lot less of them and the ones I missed are generally better hidden, I’ve fully completing some of the worlds though.

LOL that one was fun to do. They definitely gave you hints about it though, but yes, was definitely a "different" type of moon to get.

What I love about getting the moons is that you can do it all without having to resort to looking shit up online. I find it a lot more fun to get hints from Toad than looking shit up online because you still are figuring out the stuff on your own. I'm around 550 moons I think and I have yet to refer to anything online. It's just not necessary. If anything I will need to look up where the purple coins are on some levels more than the moons. I have 4 on Cap Kingdom that I have no clue where they are and I'm betting they may randomly be floating around somewhere. I've got like 4 completed Kingdoms I think with all coins + all moons, excluding the "short" Kingdoms.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,945
    edited November 21
    mario odyssey is a great mobile game imo. theres so many moons to collect, most dont take too long. its a great way to kill an hour when you're traveling or waiting around, especially post game when you have seen most of the worlds already
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    mario odyssey is a great mobile game imo. theres so many moons to collect, most dont take too long. its a great way to kill an hour when you're traveling or waiting around, especially post game when you have seen most of the worlds already

I plan to play it until it dies on Saturday on my flight to Aruba, and also on the way back.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,277
    purbeast wrote: »

I plan to play it until it dies on Saturday on my flight to Aruba, and also on the way back.

Get a decent battery bank , something like the Anker PowerCore 26800 or Vinsic 28000mAh Power Bank
    The only thing these batteries will not do for you is power your Switch while it's in the TV Dock

A Charge Dock or a Stand would work
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Splatoon 2 getting a holiday update
    High Enough

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,421
    Tried the Disgaea 5 demo. I'm sold I'll be coping this on black Friday if BB has it in stock.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Darksakul wrote: »

Get a decent battery bank , something like the Anker PowerCore 26800 or Vinsic 28000mAh Power Bank
    The only thing these batteries will not do for you is power your Switch while it's in the TV Dock

It's only a little over 4 hours so if I get 3 hours out of it that'll be enough. Gonna just chill a bit too.
    Darksakul wrote: »

It's only a little over 4 hours so if I get 3 hours out of it that'll be enough. Gonna just chill a bit too.

I am not sure where you are flying from, so I didn't know how long your flight would be.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,982
    If you dont have a Switch yet and you live in Texas, HEB will have them on black friday with a free switch game
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,421
    Is any other location doing a bf sale on Disgaea besides bestbuy? Just looking for a backup since bestbuy stock seems dried up atm.

I got a feeling many physical release games will be a tough buy with this system.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,082
    i dusted off the snes classic and 100%ed smrpg between yesterday and today. working on yoshis island now.
    for whatevever reason, smrpg wasn't fun to me this time around. probably because i powered through it and know it like the back of my hand. smw felt like that too. dunno maybe its because i'm older, have a lot going on in life, etc. but it felt like i was just going through the motions.

i might put yoshis island down and run through ffVI. anybody else not a gamer like they used to be?
    Nintendo doesn't need to do that they are already making a killing and will continue to without marking prices down.
    Nintendo doesn't need to do that they are already making a killing and will continue to without marking prices down.

Yeah I know that, but even since 3ds, eshop has always had garbage deals. The only time a good sale would come up is if it was Atlus games or Ace Attorney series, and i remember these two specifically because they were often and the only good sales lol.

Just saying its weird they aren't putting their 1st party on some type of digital discount for holiday season. I know Nintendo shit typically sells throughout the console's life span
    Wow Nintendo still hasn't gotten the memo about digital sales. They could make a killing this holiday season buy putting all their 1st party shit on eshop sale.

But this is what's on sale on Switch until Dec. 11th lol. Sad but I may pick up Setsuna and/or Bomberman. Bomberman would be $25 for me since I have like $15 sitting in my account.

US eShop Switch:
    1-2 Switch $39.99
    Super Bomberman R $39.99
    I Am Setsuna $23.99
    Puyo Puyo Tetris $24.99
    Lego Ninjago $41.99
    Lego City Undercover $27.99
    Disgaea 5 $49.99

Most of those games are already on the eShop.
    Also Nintendo rarely put eShop games on Sale.

Yeah I know that, but even since 3ds, eshop has always had garbage deals. The only time a good sale would come up is if it was Atlus games or Ace Attorney series, and i remember these two specifically because they were often and the only good sales lol.

Just saying its weird they aren't putting their 1st party on some type of digital discount for holiday season. I know Nintendo shit typically sells throughout the console's life span

I guess I was just trying to say I don't know why you are expecting them to do it like that's the norm. The norm for them is to NOT have sales.
    Annnmd that's a wrap for Disgaea 5 stock... god damnit BB
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,617
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-128gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/4471009.p?skuId=4471009

for that link that was posted, Get you Micro cards now, Prices at 30 for 128 GBs is damn good now!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,837
    Is 128GB the highest MicroSD the Switch can support? I see some good deals on 256GB cards on Amazon.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Is 128GB the highest MicroSD the Switch can support? I see some good deals on 256GB cards on Amazon.

Switch can support up to 2tb iirc but the highest microsd is 256 right now as far as i know.
    High Enough

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,837
    Sonichuman wrote: »

Switch can support up to 2tb iirc but the highest microsd is 256 right now as far as i know.

Thanks. I brought a 256 SanDisk. When I eventually get my Switch storage won't be an issue.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    889 Power Moons in Odyssey. Only got one left on my checklist and it’s the very last challenge which I’ve intentionally saved to the end.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    edited November 24
    Sonichuman wrote: »

There are in development by San Disk and others a 2TB Micro SD cards, but they are far from going out to the market yet.

The SDXC specs allows for 2TB max, That is more of a theoretical max rather than a solid max as no one made a commercial 2TB SD card yet.

I did found this

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/pd/productID.5130332200/parentCategoryID.11442400/CategoryID.58895400
    Got some money coming in Monday, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and pre-load XC2 and get I AM Setsuna.

@Femto You beat XCX right? I'm on chapter 8 right now, and I'm level 28 or 29. How am I doing so far if I were to finish to try to aim to finish the story in about a week? I have my skell too
    edited November 24
    Got some money coming in Monday, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and pre-load XC2 and get I AM Setsuna.

@Femto You beat XCX right? I'm on chapter 8 right now, and I'm level 28 or 29. How am I doing so far if I were to finish to try to aim to finish the story in about a week? I have my skell too

I haven't. I was supposed to at least put a dent in it but it got stupid busy throughout the last week and a half, THEN I was in charge of cooking last night for turkey day.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

I haven't. I was supposed to at least put a dent in it but it got stupid busy throughout the last week and a half, THEN I was in charge of cooking last night for turkey day.

Damn rip. I think im on a good track? I was the same level as the last boss I fought. But I feel like I should be stronger. Leveling in this game takes so long imo. I know my friends recommended just renting level 60 characters and taking on strong enemies, which I did do once lol. and still took a while to level
    edited November 24

Damn rip. I think im on a good track? I was the same level as the last boss I fought. But I feel like I should be stronger. Leveling in this game takes so long imo. I know my friends recommended just renting level 60 characters and taking on strong enemies, which I did do once lol. and still took a while to level

Oh damn, that's a good idea. I had mining resources going, but I fucked up their work flow when I tried to get back in to it last month. Got the PS4 en route this weekend that's supposed to be delivered on my day off. Gonna try to get to this before Monster Hunter World drops.......

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file