The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    I’ll change the thread title as soon as I’m release from being jailed. :(
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,280

When you gettin out?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

I pulled the trigger and got a Switch. I have the console and a micro SD. I have a screen protector and pro controller coming in tomorrow. I still haven't decided which game to get first. Probably best I get something that my nephew can play.

Either of the Mario games(Kart, Odyssey) are good. I'd give Sonic Mania a look too. It's only $20, its file size is under 400MB, and it's not a battery hog. Sonic Mania in portable mode is godlike. The Switch version is the best version imo.

The only real flaw the switch version of mania has is the slight inconsistent performance with the special stages in comparison to the PS4/Xbone/PC versions of the game.

Dunno if patches have smoothed it over since then but there was the home button delay issue that has since been fixed.

Mania on the go is amazing regardless.
    High Enough

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,234
    So if I bought a retro game (i.e. Super Metroid) for Wii U, can I play it on Switch if it ever becomes available for Switch?
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,288
    chadouken! wrote: »
    So if I bought a retro game (i.e. Super Metroid) for Wii U, can I play it on Switch if it ever becomes available for Switch?

highly unlikely, Nintendo don't do cross buy
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »

highly unlikely, Nintendo don't do cross buy

What he said. What they MIGHT do is an upgrade fee like with the Wii U. I'd be fine with an upgrade fee personally.
    High Enough

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Sonichuman wrote: »

When you gettin out?

I’ll be free on the 10th.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Sonichuman wrote: »

When you gettin out?

I’ll be free on the 10th.

We could hold a party for you. We can get epi to provide strippers.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 3
    Ok yeah... this game RIVE... it looks like you have to just be Jesus Christ to make it through some of this stuff. I'm at what appears to be the last boss and dying probably 50 times here. The slightest misstep means it is immediately all downhill for you....the slightest missed jump, or wrong choice of where to jump, etc. etc....on top of that there's shit on the screen that instantly kills you.... on top of that the boss has regenerating health....so missed opportunities to damage the bitch just drags the fight out potentially forever.

*sidenote-- this is just the "normal" difficulty setting, btw :lol:

edit--and the ultimate bullshit fuck you move--I just beat the muthafucka... but the goddamn lava that comes down on the right side instantly kills me so now I have to do it over again.

*hell yeah he's down for the count! ....sheeeeit...... global rank #91 on the leaderboards....

and of course that's not it...now there's "The Great Escape"....and so far this looks like it's yet another thing that is borderline impossible---edit---but hell yeah I made it! What a thrill-ride of a game, man... goddamn...

Sidenote--SLAIN: BACK FROM HELL is apparently coming to the system as well. :tup:
    Post edited by Million on
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,569
    Been having a blast with Xenoblade 2 about 12 hours in. Some quick pro's I like is how the commands/arts are mapped to buttons so it's more instant to pull them off, and the combat is really engaging, once you get into fighting enemies that take a few min. I also like how sidequests give you bonus exp that you spend when you sleep at inns. So you can legit hoard a bunch of a bonus exp, and use it when you want. I bumped my team up 4 levels doing that. Also if you are up to it, there's a salvage system where you get random treasure and can sell in bulk for big cash. You aren't always guaranteed to get good stuff, and you may end up barely profitting because you have to buy these cylinders to salvage, but its a cool additional money making option aside from battles and quests.

Some quick cons are the navigation. XCX had an arrow you followed, and I think XC did too? But in this game you have like a marker on a compass and it tells you how far you are as well as if you are above or below that target, is fine for the most part, but sometimes following it will run you into a dead end but its whatever.

And I dont like how they broke down maps so much in fast travel, its cool but also like eh, wouldn't mind it being more streamlined
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,626
    I'm in the process of setting up my Switch. Merging funds from my Nintendo Network ID is a fucking godsend. I was able to transfer over the $8 I had on it.

Better last than never. Had a balance left over from my 3DS copy of Shantae which I transferred over to buy the latest one on Switch. I'll forgive Nintendo if I can just get all my virtual console games back from my Wii U at least.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,041
    So far loving Xenoblade 2, only downside is I wish there was a way to improve the common Blades. I am at the beginning of chapter 3 so maybe there is something down the line but some of the low level Blades I release I wish I could have kept and improved them to be viable.

Also at least so far overdrive is finite item so don't use it recklessly transferring a blade you are likely going to not use to another character.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    While I won't play it right away I should get Xenoblade 2 as soon as I can. Xenoblade games tend to go out of print quickly for Nintendo games.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,224
    made it to chapter 2 and Im 12 hours in now in XC2
    the music in this game wow, its like every single area has an absolutely amazing soundtrack
    so many tracks remind me of FF7 or FF8 ost

whoever made the OST for this game deserves an award or sth like that lol
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    Im 20 hours in at the start of chapter 4, game has been consistent fun. One thing I'll see is, fighting enemies is not the way to level up. Even fighting enemies my level or a bit higher, i get shit exp. I really think fighting is for getting sp, wp, money etc. Because after doing a few sidequests, and story quests(idk if story quests give exp, i assume they do) I go sleep at an inn, and I'm able to boost usually 2-4 levels.

But that's just what i've noticed, i could be wrong though lol
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    I started Odyssey yesterday and made it to the wood kingdom. Just how many moons are in just kingdom? When I was in the Sand Kingdom I was finding lots of moons. I'm on my third column and I have no idea how many are left to collect.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,041
    I started Odyssey yesterday and made it to the wood kingdom. Just how many moons are in just kingdom? When I was in the Sand Kingdom I was finding lots of moons. I'm on my third column and I have no idea how many are left to collect.

Each Kingdom has there own number, you only need a few to advance out of the Wood Kingdom but go back around and you can find a few, also there is also a hidden section of that kingdom with a couple moons available if you want and don't mind dark places.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    MY XENOBLADE CHRONICLES STILL ISNT HERE. :(
    AMAZON SAYS IT WONT BE HERE UNTIL WEDNESDAY. :(

I GUESS I'LL JUST VEG OUT ON MARIO ODYSSEY THEN
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    The combat in Xenoblade 2 appears to have a high ceiling, which is interesting for a JRPG. I'm over 20 hours in and still trying to figure things out.

I got a second rare blade and I'm trying to unlock Superstrength level 2. You do it by killing a specific unique enemy; I know which one it is and I've killed him twice but the skill won't unlock. So my questions are:

1. Does the blade have to be in the active party (she is)?
    2. Does the blade have to land the killing blow?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. There's a node I have to unlock to open up the second branch.
    EDIT 2: Branch is still locked. In any case, I have to get it opened before I can get Superstrength 2.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,915
    edited December 5

Press the - button and press Y to bring up the lists of each kingdom. It shows you how many moons you have and which ones you have, and how many you don't have. It also will list which ones you have hints from Toad or the Parrot.

Mario Odyssey is probably the best single player game I've played in like 10+ years. The game is just incredible and the level design is impeccable. You don't realize just how perfectly designed the levels are until after you beat the game and go back and keep playing for the after-story fun. I played my Switch on 2 flights until it died and I finished all the moons on New Donk City and probably played another level for like 45 minutes. It's just crazy how much shit is in just one Kingdom. And I also have a new appreciation for New Donk City after hating it the first time I went through the level. But again, a lot due to just how smartly designed the damn level is.
    King9999 wrote: »
    The combat in Xenoblade 2 appears to have a high ceiling, which is interesting for a JRPG. I'm over 20 hours in and still trying to figure things out.

I got a second rare blade and I'm trying to unlock Superstrength level 2. You do it by killing a specific unique enemy; I know which one it is and I've killed him twice but the skill won't unlock. So my questions are:

1. Does the blade have to be in the active party (she is)?
    2. Does the blade have to land the killing blow?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. There's a node I have to unlock to open up the second branch.
    EDIT 2: Branch is still locked. In any case, I have to get it opened before I can get Superstrength 2.

I dont think the Blade has to end the killing blow, i think the most you have to do is maybe just have them equipped
    What does Dagas' Cavalier attitude do? I tried to look it up but I'm afraid of spoilers.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Strike_PrimeStrike_Prime 440,000,000 bounty Joined: Posts: 2,570
    Hey guys so I picked up a Switch with Odyssey and Zelda and I just beat Odyssey. How many hours have you guys put into Zelda?
    I play Yu-Gi-Oh
    AV by savaii64
    Hey guys so I picked up a Switch with Odyssey and Zelda and I just beat Odyssey. How many hours have you guys put into Zelda?

Close to 300
    Toys R Us is having a buy one get one 40% off sale on ALL video games right now. In-Store only I believe. Pretty solid deal. I picked up Arms and Pokken Tournament DX

Two games i was looking to get but dont got the funds to go ball out on games right now smh.

Btw there is a guide out for farming core and rare summon cores in Xenoblade 2, i tried it and it does work, just time consuming. But if anyone is interested it's here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7hic84/formal_guide_on_how_to_farm_a_lot_of_core/?st=jat4xden&sh=f079b450
    Dude....chapter 3's final cutscene is nuts.
    I just really started into XC2 and got past the prologue. Even if the game runs in 720p docked its still a really pretty game.

Definitely wasnt expecting THAT to happen so early in the game...was kinda like 'Already? Im only like an hour and a half in!'
    High Enough

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,883
    Currently still really early (just started chapter 3) but have the funniest Rex/Pyra Build.
    Rex is focused on Attack/DPS, with immediate access to art at start of battle which does 100% damage on back hit. Pyra has high attack stat plus...
    + A core that gives 100% additional damage on first attack.
    + A core that does 70% additional damage on suprise attack.

Basically this leads to me running around stabbing unsuspecting people/monsters in the back for a retarded amount of damage. It’s not always going to be practical (not very useful for facing groups and pretty pointless against most bosses) but I’ll be damned if it’s not satisfying.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    There is also a speed-run mode on RIVE... for some reason it seems like few people bought this game; I am not sure why... perhaps there's just too many other great things out there to pick from at the moment, I'm assuming. Anyway, there's leaderboards for all that shit of course... I did stage 2 and was #10 rank apparently....but only out of 45 people :lol:

...now the addiction to high scores and faster times begins...
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 350
    Million wrote: »
    There is also a speed-run mode on RIVE... for some reason it seems like few people bought this game; I am not sure why... perhaps there's just too many other great things out there to pick from at the moment, I'm assuming. Anyway, there's leaderboards for all that shit of course... I did stage 2 and was #10 rank apparently....but only out of 45 people :lol:

...now the addiction to high scores and faster times begins...

Played a preview build on WiiU. Was pretty solid as far as I remember but as you say there's just too much to focus on at the moment. I have it on my wishlist though.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,945

way too many
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,999
    FYI:
    Get $5 off your eligible purchase of $20 or more in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com when you pay with PayPal.

Expires on December 19, 2017

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/365778-paypal-5-off-20-nintendo-purchase/
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MY XENOBLADE CHRONICLES STILL ISNT HERE. :(
    AMAZON SAYS IT WONT BE HERE UNTIL WEDNESDAY. :(

I GUESS I'LL JUST VEG OUT ON MARIO ODYSSEY THEN

It's because you became this:

BurgerBeagle.jpg
    edited December 7
    sheeeeit, I was just intending to get another e-shop card today...then I saw that Azure Striker Gunvolt pack right there in the store... the physical version of that is something I've been waiting on for quite some time so hell yeah that sumbitch is mine now...apparently that was their last copy too.

The card was for Slain: Back from Hell which is due to be out tomorrow.... but Phantom Breakers is also due out tomorrow; I'm not even sure which one I want first but I'm definitely getting both.

*ha, I'm at that point now (13 things/icons-- 12 are games; 1 is the demo for 9 Parchments) where it continues on to another page of games to show everything....so yeah...12 games now. The Goddamn Nintendo Switch, folks. :clap:
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,945
    so what is the latest rumor about why we don't have the virtual console yet
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    edited December 7
    so what is the latest rumor about why we don't have the virtual console yet

No rumor involving why we don't have virtual console yet. Anything out there is speculation at best at the moment.
    High Enough

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file