The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Take Me To Elysium! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Out Now! Bayonetta 3 2018!

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,305
    so what is the latest rumor about why we don't have the virtual console yet

We are getting a few Nintendo VS system arcade titles from the same folks who doing the Neo Geo ports, so it's a start in the right direction.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874

Supposedly Nintendo wants to make a Virtual Console a subscription service once they start charging for online.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited December 7

Supposedly Nintendo wants to make a Virtual Console a subscription service once they start charging for online.

Which is hearsay at the moment.

More likely it be a rewards program like PS+ is to PSN users or Games for Gold for XBLA users.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,888
    edited December 7
    Nintendo’s also been releasing some Wii games in HD for the Nividia Shield in China, which runs on the same tegra chipset as the Switch. This means it could be acting as a testbed of sorts for Wii games on Switch.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Nintendo’s also been releasing some Wii games in HD for the Nividia Shield in China, which runs on the same tegra chipset as the Switch. This means it could be acting as a testbed of sorts for Wii games on Switch.

Well the Shield and the Switch has similar hardware

Downside is I see all those Wii games getting bootleg quickly in China
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,044
    Darksakul wrote: »

Well the Shield and the Switch has similar hardware

Downside is I see all those Wii games getting bootleg quickly in China

The down side is I see those games not selling well because the Wii was already pretty bootleg friendly and I think Galaxy or Galaxy 2 was at one time the most pirated game in the world.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,082
    As long as I get Pokemon puzzle league with online matches they can charge whatever they want for online.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mor Ardian music = :tup:
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dunkey with some tips for Super Mario Odyssey

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,891
    i just need smash so i can sell my wii U
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,082
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,569
    All the Bayo games will be copped with no hesitation.

Also quick question...I need to upgrade my SD, but for digital games, how would i move my save data between cards? or are digital game data saved to the console and not the card?
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,800
    edited December 8
    As a Steelbook collector, Imma need that Bayonetta! I got a refurbished unit last go round, guess I'll be doing this again depending on how much it is.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,232
    made it to chapter 3 today
    dem XC2 has some of the best and most intense cutscenes Ive ever seen in a game
    these are always so well made and the bg music makes it even more epic

also yay for SC6 on switch
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,946
    so now that we're seeing third party support picking up on the switch (i haven't been able to say anything like this since before n64...) do we know these games are selling or are they just putting them out there and seeing how it goes right now?
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    DrellyFish wrote: »

Also quick question...I need to upgrade my SD, but for digital games, how would i move my save data between cards? or are digital game data saved to the console and not the card?

It is a feature you can toggle in the system settings for where game data is saved, I want to say they still have the save data locked to the Switch internal hard drive but if someone else knows for certain please correct me.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 8
    so now that we're seeing third party support picking up on the switch (i haven't been able to say anything like this since before n64...) do we know these games are selling or are they just putting them out there and seeing how it goes right now?

As far as indie games, many devs reported that their games have sold the most on Switch. Can't say anything about the bigger games. I'd like to know how Skyrim is doing since that game is hugely popular. The eShop can give you a snapshot of where games stand in terms of sales.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    aye, anyone got a switch they want to sell for the low?

bonus if it comes with Tokyo Mirage
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,569

2K themselves came out and said they are happy with 2K18 sales on Switch. I know I saw Skyrim high on eshop charts as well as Doom at some point. I'm assuming everything is selling decently considering the install base. The only thing I know forsure that sold bad was FIFA, and that's because it was a bad port I believe, and EA themself pulled the whole "idk if switch owners like our games" thing.

So safe to say everything is doing decent. If so, it could be that we are getting good ports and like interesting games atleast, and the fact that due to portability the Switch does have a higher factor of "i rather it buy it on Switch" as opposed to people not caring to buy 3rd party shit on wii u vs their other console

I agree, the Switch is the most popular Nintendo console since the Snes.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bayonetta 1-2 AND 3 on the Switch? Dang, son, Nintendo is hitting home run after home run. Is Bayo 3 on the Switch gonna be like Bay 2 for the Wii U was where fans get super salty that it isn't a multiplat? I mean, I never understood why fans had a beef with Nintendo over the Bayo 2 exclusivity when Sony and Microsoft turned Bayo 2 down.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,941
    Bayonetta 1-2 AND 3 on the Switch? Dang, son, Nintendo is hitting home run after home run. Is Bayo 3 on the Switch gonna be like Bay 2 for the Wii U was where fans get super salty that it isn't a multiplat? I mean, I never understood why fans had a beef with Nintendo over the Bayo 2 exclusivity when Sony and Microsoft turned Bayo 2 down.

Not AS much but that's to be expected since it didn't come out of nowhere like Bayo2. There's still people salty because Bayo released on PC, so there was the expectation that Bayo3 might be multiplatform (lol).
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,232
    just seen the XC2 gameplay trailer for WiiU
    dem I didn't know that the switch's graphic power is that much of a difference compared too WiiU
    now I know
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,286
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

?
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    dem I didn't know that the switch's graphic power is that much of a difference compared too WiiU
    now I know

Not sure what you talking about, I guess you might be referring to the XCX on Wii U.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Sweet freedom. Changed the thread title to reflect current releases and hype ness
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,537 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sweet Jebus, Capcom is learning: Sf 30th anniversary with ALL the Alpha and Sf3 titles is coming to Switch!!
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,537 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 11
    DrellyFish wrote: »

Saves locked to system for now. Could change with a future update.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited December 12
    I updated the first post with a bunch of new videos of upcoming games and release dates.
    and dont forget to post those friend codes!
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,888
    edited December 13
    Xenoblade 2 is recieving a patch on the 22nd. Notes are below though they’re in Japanese.
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/sp/production-notes/index.html

Edit: Friend Code is SW-3314-0015-9632
    I’m never online and way overseas though so there’s not much point adding me.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sheeeeit, Azure Striker Gunvolt is a lot of fun... I'd hope that little franchise continues with some update graphics later.

Now with my honey Bayo in place, we still need announcements on Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors. I figure Mario Maker at least is pretty much an inevitable thing. The longshot sadly is probably Wonderful 101.. I'm still hoping for that too, so I won't have any reason to go back to WiiU.

*And now--minor nitpicks... it would be nice if Nintendo would add some more profile icons. They've only added one very small pack of new ones so far, in all this time. With all the great characters they have that is truly their own thing/IP, I figure this should be a simple thing.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    Mario Maker and W101 are the only port announcements I need to write off buying a Wii-U ever.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,235
    Add DKC:TF for me.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    I always sold off my Wii U but it would be sweet if Tokyo Mirage Sessions got ported.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Xenoblade 2 is recieving a patch on the 22nd. Notes are below though they’re in Japanese.
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/sp/production-notes/index.html

Edit: Friend Code is SW-3314-0015-9632
    I’m never online and way overseas though so there’s not much point adding me.

Patch notes in English

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-2-director-takahashi-on-first-post-launch-update
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,941
    I just wanted W101 to have better load times. No touch screen would suck but at least give me that.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file