The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City!

Comments

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,418
    edited July 12
    Gaf has the full changelog for Arms 2.0
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404651

can't find where the official change log is published though
    Changelog:

•ARMS League Commissioner Max Brass added as a playable character.

•New ARM “Nade” added.

•New ARM “Roaster” added.

•New ARM “Kablammer” added.

•New stage “Sky Arena” added.

•New versus mode “Hedlok Scramble” added. ◦Punch or touch the capsule containing the
    Hedlok mask to become Hedlok for a period of time. This can be selected in Versus, Friend, or Local and it will also appear in Party Match.

•”Stats” added to the Top Menu. ◦Check stats such as your most used fighter, best stage, and ARM accuracy.

•”Events” added to the Top Menu. ◦Here you can set whether or not you want to join official online events.

•Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.

•Raised highest rank in Ranked Match to 20.

•Increased the penalty for disconnecting during Ranked Match play.

•Shortened the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being extended, making them easier to use: Megaton, Megawatt, Revolver, Retorcher, Boomerang

•Increased movement speed of the Guardian.

•Improved visibility during charge attacks for the Popper and Cracker.

•Increased the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being knocked down, increasing risk: Popper, Cracker, Hydra

•Increased the amount of time it takes to recover when a grab is deflected with a single punch.

•Decreased the amount of damage when the Hydra’s rush connects with multiple consecutive hits.

•Decreased the distance Kid Cobra travels when jumping.

•Fixed issue where in some instances Ribbon Girl could remain airborne for an overlong period of time while continually attacking.

•Fixed issue where Ninjara would not destroy the light boxes on the Ribbon Ring stage when getting up.

•Fixed issue where the time necessary for the Triblast to return when deflected was shortened.

•Fixed issue where ARMS such as Blorb and Megaton would catch on the ground and fail to fire.

•Fixed issue where explosive ARMS would sometimes fail to explode when receiving an attack.

•Fixed issue where the Slapamander would sometimes fail to hit Helix when he is extended.

•In online play, fixed issue where the appearance or non-appearance of items could differ between devices.

•In online play, fixed various issues with V-Ball including an issue where the ball would remain grounded and play would not proceed.

•In online play, fixed an issue where sometimes Barq would continually defend against an opponents’ rush attack for a set period of time.

•In online play, fixed issue where sometimes pillars in the Scrapyard would not be destructible.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    Oh shit... Nintendo releasing actual patch notes?!?

This must truly be the end times...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,013
    edited July 12
    So whiney kids got the most fun map fucked out of ranked and Mechanica still eats full stuns off electric element fists in the air whilst everyone else just gets knocked down.

Fuck.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Glad they got rid of Snake Park in online matches.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    How do you do fellow kids. Gonna take a while to get used to this thing.
    1fTcstyh.jpg

If I take a week or two break from the switch and comes back there is still a readjustment period and I had one since launch. Thinking it'll last for about a year. Guessing if you played a ton of 3ds it's not to bad.

Welcome to the club
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,480
    What I have learnt so far playing Puyo Puyo Tetris.
    I am suprisingly good at Tetris.
    I am FUCKING AWFUL at Puyo Puyo Pop.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,805
    the only thing that makes no sense to me about the switch is the button layout. my brain kinda defaults to the way nintendo used to have the layout. Everything is all fucking weird now, the worst offender is the button that counts as "back." coming from a gamecube controller to that is just wtf
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,480
    edited July 14
    the only thing that makes no sense to me about the switch is the button layout. my brain kinda defaults to the way nintendo used to have the layout. Everything is all fucking weird now, the worst offender is the button that counts as "back." coming from a gamecube controller to that is just wtf
    So far from my experience with the joy cons the button layout has been fine enough for the most part, back and start buttons are out of the way like you say but you generally don't have to use those in hectic situations in most games so it's not so bad. The buttons are kind of small/cramped and clicky but that's to be expected from a handheld and it has the positive of letting you easily hit multiple face buttons simultaneously.

Probably my biggest issue with the Joy cons is the analogue sticks feel really weird especially the right one, their range of movement feels a little restrictive and they're an awkward distance from the face buttons (presumably done to let them more practically be played sideways).

Overall it works fine when you're playing it as a handheld but if you're going to be playing on tv a lot you'd likely benefit from getting a pro controller.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,792
    Pro controller is where it's at. I have a hard time playing hand held or the joycons docked in their controller grip thing
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Splatoon 2 (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone play that Levels+ game? How is it?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What I have learnt so far playing Puyo Puyo Tetris.
    I am suprisingly good at Tetris.
    I am FUCKING AWFUL at Puyo Puyo Pop.

280k+ score in single player Tetris, come at me bro. Also I got an all clear on Tetris vs someone and holy shit it's like insta death.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,461
    is it true that Fire Emblem Fates, the greatest Fire Emblem game (which is made up for 3 campaigns/versions) is coming to Switch? that would be awesome. would add incentive to sell 3DS, cause those small screens dont do it justice. add Pokemon Sun and Moon to Switch, and if SMT HD turns out great, they can start to have a system seller.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,418
    affinity wrote: »
    is it true that Fire Emblem Fates, the greatest Fire Emblem game (which is made up for 3 campaigns/versions) is coming to Switch? that would be awesome. would add incentive to sell 3DS, cause those small screens dont do it justice. add Pokemon Sun and Moon to Switch, and if SMT HD turns out great, they can start to have a system seller.

no
    edited July 17
    well it was a clever trick
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/amazon_spain_lists_fire_emblem_fates_complete_edition_for_switch_with_fan-made_cover_art

impressive Switch is still selling, though its purchase incentives are still distant
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/815173/Nintendo-Switch-sales-news-stock-shortages

Awesome news a lot of Japanese gamers are obsessed with getting a Switch

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1407229

http://kotaku.com/japans-nintendo-switch-lines-are-hell-1796975143

so that proves even Japanese gamers know that console gaming is higher standard and superior to portable gaming.

now nintendo just has to cut 3DS loose, then Switch can get greater 3rd party support, more games, more exclusives and more sales
    Post edited by affinity on
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,850
    I'm glad most of my friends have a PS4 so we can chat while we play Switch online.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Splatoon 2 and a new NIN album on the same day. What God did I please to deserve this?
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,468
    I like the aspects of being able to spy on your kids playtime and who they play with, on the Switch app.

The other features are Xbone 2013-bad, even worse, lol! Especially for someone without kids. Like make it an option. The system draining your cellphone battery is just baffling.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    Yea we knew this was going to be a mess before launch. It's an extremely cumbersome and dated way to chat online.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Early reviews for the switch online companion app are pouring in and it's not good.

I'm on mobile right now but most people say it's a convoluted mess. One of the major complaints is that if your phone goes into sleep mode you will be disconnected from voice chatting (you won't be disconnected from your party or whatever you just won't be able to talk to them)

Extremely stupid

and it's an embarrassing circus whenever the nintendo apologists try to spin the problems and circumstances like everything is all peachy and acceptable. :p this is why nintendo still gets away with overpriced platform, accessories, and BS decisions.
    I don't of any way done before that it required a separate machine.

Alien Front Online on the Dreamcast had it where you had to hold a button down while recording a 3-5 second to communicate, but even that was easy to do. Nintendo took it to a level I didn't think was possible.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    Gamestop, Target and Best Buy will be restocking the console this week
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/19/gamestop-target-best-buy-will-restocking-switches-week/
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    edited July 19
    God damn, Nintendo... GET WITH THE TIMES.

Except for the bad DLC policies and nickel-and-diming... Don't adopt that shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    For every step forward Nintendo makes they like to jump back 5. It's ridiculous
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

edited July 19
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Guys please voice your greivances with the the app by leaving feedback on it. Nintendo needs to hear that their idea is dumb...DIRECTLY. *does 'direct' hand motion*

I wonder how thought out Nintendo has this... like what voice chat options are even available on the systems hardware as it stands now? It's crazy because this was instantly lauded as a dumb idea when it was announced but Nintendo will keep Nintendo-ing.
    Post edited by Plaid_Unicorn on
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We're beating a dead horse here but I couldn't resist chiming in... this is...one of the absolute dumbest ideas I've seen since probably the Virtual Boy system. Others in the industry have known what the general expectation is of online chatting and service, and there's been great examples for several years now....but somehow they ignored all that and went off in this moronic direction. I'm curious now of the mystery person that came up with it. They've achieved a new level here... it's one of those things that is so awful... you're just standing in shocked silence about this flaming Hindenberg disaster of an idea you're currently seeing.

*Anyway, I'm still enjoying that shootemup/hack slash game "Implosion". I keep running into things that seem like a final boss...but the game somehow keeps going! This has definitely been a good one. so far. It would be nice if there were some more melee moves though... there's only a couple of combos I've seen so far but it's still quite fun to play. I haven't even gone back to Mario Kart or Zelda since getting this.

and its the forgiving zealots that throw money at them and shill for them, that created the pantsforahatwearing creature that is modern nintendo.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    affinity wrote: »

and its the forgiving zealots that throw money at them and shill for them, that created the pantsforahatwearing creature that is modern nintendo.

Everyone knew it was going to be shit, no one here is defending the shit show that is the Switch's Chat App.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,142
    Nintendo is colluding with Apple about wack hardware/peripheral decisions it seems. The chat set up makes it impossible to play games in handheld mode.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    edited July 20
    The app has 4.4/5 stars on the Google Play Store, lol. Not sure how it's rated at the other app stores. Probably near perfect scores too. I feel like most of them are trolling.

Edit: it's down to 3.5. The Parental App is the higher rated one. Chat is finally getting rekt.

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    Alternative to the Pro Controller?

It's coming out the end of this Month. Dude here got the Japanese packaging.

I also use the Pokken controller with the Switch, great for Neo Geo titles, Puyo Tetris, Mario Kart 8 DX.
    The Pokken controller is not great with BOTW as it lacks Analog.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,850
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Alternative to the Pro Controller?
    It's coming out the end of this Month. Dude here got the Japanese packaging.
    Just preordered!
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Neesa wrote: »
    I was able to pick up my own Switch at GameStop yesterday morning. Got lucky and one of the employees told me they were getting a shipment of 5-6 in the AM. Waited outside and luckily it was only one other dude that was there with me. Kinda lame that it wasn't the Neon Joy Con one but, better than nothing. Pre-ordered my Splatoon 2 through Best Buy cause their gamer rewards program is legit for $47.

Probably gonna be streaming some S2 cause why the fuck not. Super exciteddddd.

You need to hit me up with your friend code so we can splat n00bs and be Squid kids together.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

edited July 21
    Going to grab splatoon today. Didn't play the first one so I don't know what to really expect... also is there a couch co-op mode?
  • NeesaNeesa Well, shit. Joined: Posts: 7,093
    edited July 21
    Out here getting that Splatoon grind on. Leggo!

#StayOffTheHook
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,550
    Managed to grab a neon Switch today along with MK8 and Zelda. Most expensive addition to my gaming backlog in recent memory. Least I'm ready for that Metroid Prime 4 coming in Q4 2019.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,013
    Back on Splatoon 2, liking it so far but goddamn I need either a Jet Squelcher, Squiffer or that long range charger in my hands already.

Splat charger feels ok and will do for now but it still feels a bit too middle of the roadish for my liking and the new super is ass.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Man. I forgot how much fun Splatoon was. The PVE horde mode is a lot of fun than I'd thought it would be. I grew fond of the default weapon, funnily enough and switched over to the N-ZAP '85 since it's essentially the same thing as the Splattershot Jr.

I do wish there was a way to change loadout more easily before the match starts.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    There is. Neesa in my sons lobby right now.. what are chancesz
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,883
    I am liking Splatoon 2 but the new stages are kind of cramp, a lot of dead ends along the side and obstacles. Hopefully we will get some more vertical ones like Moray Towers and Flounder Heights in the future, despite not using splat chargers, I always have the most fun with those ones.

Salmon Run is pretty boss, shit get nuts at times and if one of the weapons is one you suck at... have fun with that.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    There is. Neesa in my sons lobby right now.. what are chancesz

Hahaha. I know you can but it's still kinda eh having to go to another load screen, if that makes sense.
    Wellman wrote: »
    I am liking Splatoon 2 but the new stages are kind of cramp, a lot of dead ends along the side and obstacles. Hopefully we will get some more vertical ones like Moray Towers and Flounder Heights in the future, despite not using splat chargers, I always have the most fun with those ones.

Salmon Run is pretty boss, shit get nuts at times and if one of the weapons is one you suck at... have fun with that.

Is the only way to raise the difficulty in salmon run in private matches.

I love this damn game btw
  • JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,654
    Finally going to give Splatoon a shot. At least I'm betting Nintendo is showing it off at comic con. Hope I like it since it looks great!
    edited July 22
    Boy when that tide rises on marooner's bay....

Sheesh