The Nintendo Switch Thread! - Welcome to New Donk City!

Comments

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 29
    So i wandered into Walmart like a stray dog and got a switch, cuz, you know...MH XX next month. Anywho, I love me some fighters (not badly enough to pay more than 10 bucks for janky-ass HD Remix with 2 mugen characters) and was looking for something to tide me over until then....and is anyone else irked by SNK putting out VANILLA Kof98 instead of UM?, or Samurai Shodown 1 and 4 instead of 2 and 4? Should I bite the bullet on 98 and hope UM doesn't get released for the same price a week or 2 later?
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,472
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    So i wandered into Walmart like a stray dog and got a switch, cuz, you know...MH XX next month. Anywho, I love me some fighters (not badly enough to pay more than 10 bucks for janky-ass HD Remix with 2 mugen characters) and was looking for something to tide me over until then....and is anyone else irked by SNK putting out VANILLA Kof98 instead of UM?, or Samurai Shodown 1 and 4 instead of 2 and 4? Should I bite the bullet on 98 and hope UM doesn't get released for the same price a week or 2 later?

Garou Mark of the Wolves is on the Switch eShop.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Darksakul wrote: »

I know...but it's not one of my favorite games. I like Samsho 4, Kof 98 UM, Kof 2k1 and 2k2UM. Not too sure about World Heroes Perfect. Didn't seem to have much in the way of a combo system, but I was playing on Mame a couple months after the rom was first dumped.
    Yeah they need more samsho
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,958

I know...but it's not one of my favorite games. I like Samsho 4, Kof 98 UM, Kof 2k1 and 2k2UM. Not too sure about World Heroes Perfect. Didn't seem to have much in the way of a combo system, but I was playing on Mame a couple months after the rom was first dumped.

I too with they had the UM version of 98 and 2k2. :(
    Do the Neogeo games (especially the fighters) even have net play? If not they aren't even worth it.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

edited July 30

Do the Neogeo games (especially the fighters) even have net play? If not they aren't even worth it.

There's not even console mode so you can get used to the controls or map your buttons from what I see. Hey, is the electronics industry still having problems with low-quality usb type-c cables damaging devices? I picked up the only one I could find (ALL the other more expensive ones were gone in Walmart and Best Buy), and at a good price (9.99)

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-LN920BBEGUS

The charger comes packaged with a 4-foot usb to usb c cable. Anybody know if it's safe to use on a currently-rare device, or if I should just return it and order some 30-dollar cable online?

There's not even console mode so you can get used to the controls or map your buttons from what I see.

So garbage ports. Gotcha
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

There's not even console mode so you can get used to the controls or map your buttons from what I see. Hey, is the electronics industry still having problems with low-quality usb type-c cables damaging devices? I picked up the only one I could find (ALL the other more expensive ones were gone in Walmart and Best Buy), and at a good price (9.99)

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-LN920BBEGUS

The charger comes packaged with a 4-foot usb to usb c cable. Anybody know if it's safe to use on a currently-rare device, or if I should just return it and order some 30-dollar cable online?

I found its best to spring for the good stuff. A Samsung Smart Phone charger should work for the Switch just fine.

Only limitation is in Docked mode, in Docked Mode the Switch requires more voltage than the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger can put out (+15 Volts).
    If you are using the Switch in tabled more, you are fine.
    edited July 30
    So Capcom says the sales of USF2 have made them want to look into more releases for Switch...so were they initially planning on bailing after MHXX drops (in Japan only) until the next N system rolls around??
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,882
    So Capcom says the sales of USF2 have made them want to look into more releases for Switch...so were they initially planning on bailing after MHXX drops (in Japan only) until the next N system rolls around??

Did you really expect more from Capcpom?

InB4 a bunch of NES Mega Man and RE ports, followed by "We are pulling support due to lack of sales of games we've already sold you 5000 times before on every other platform under the sun".
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited July 31
    I'd actually be happy for Third Strike, RE4/5, Okami, and Darkstalkers, even without netplay. I've got many other games I'd rather play at home, but on the go? Shit, hook me up. I'll double-dip. Portability creates novelty. My friends love DBZ Xenoverse 2. I never played it, but you'd best believe I'm getting that shit on Switch.
    Post edited by Rhio2k on
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,555
    edited July 31
    Expected, this is a standard business practice with game companies when it comes to deciding if they'll support a new new console. To put it as an analogy Capcom were playing footsies with the Switch and USF2 was their cr.mk, a safe low-risk (cost) poke, if it got blocked (sold poorly) they'd back off (stop supporting the system), worst case scenario they'd maybe eat a light amount of damage (make less than the game's budget). Since it hit though now, they're going to confirm into a nice bit of damage before they return to the neutral again with their next test game.

Actually never mind that analogy was shite I apologize.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    The analogy was fine, except since it's Capcpom, they'll keep throwing out jabs, complain when they all get blocked or whiff punished, then give up and go home to mash out some cheap wins on their little brother who doesn't really play.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited August 5
    Re Revelations Collection coming for Switch. 2 was great on ps3/4...let's hope Capcom handles the port themselves instead of relying on scrubs this time. We all remember how that shit turned out on Vita.
    Post edited by Rhio2k on
    edited August 1
    Can Switch handle DB Fighterz? Ps3 could handle Ggxrd, and aside from engine and gameplay differences, not much has changed. Im pretty sure ps3 and 360 could run it, but arc just considers those systems dead. Logic says if Switch is more powerful than ps3, we should be able to get some current gen gg and dbz arcsys ports.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,612
    Can Switch handle DB Fighterz? Ps3 could handle Ggxrd, and aside from engine and gameplay differences, not much has changed. Im pretty sure ps3 and 360 could run it, but arc just considers those systems dead. Logic says if Switch is more powerful than ps3, we should be able to get some current gen gg and dbz arcsys ports.

Arc sys already said that power wasnt an issue fo putting fighterz on the switch but they are pulling the whole 'if you guys buy this old game/port then maybe we will consider it' thing with xenoverse 2.
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 179
    I second Darkstalkers. If Nintendo could lock that down as their exclusive fighter it will kill. MS has KI, Sony has that other game, Nintendo could shine. And hopefully it will make its way to Evo and boom, cult following wanting in and Nintendo sells a bunch of Switches.
  • TKRTKR Inventor of Toe Socks Joined: Posts: 179
    Out of curiosity. Who considers their internet connection to be average. And how is playing Mario Kart or Street Fighter online. Few people in my country have a Switch so chances are slim I find local players online.

I will be moving soon and the new place I am going to has 10meg up and 10meg down fibre. Will that be enough to play a decent game against people in America, Europe and Asia.
    TKR wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. Who considers their internet connection to be average. And how is playing Mario Kart or Street Fighter online. Few people in my country have a Switch so chances are slim I find local players online.

I will be moving soon and the new place I am going to has 10meg up and 10meg down fibre. Will that be enough to play a decent game against people in America, Europe and Asia.

Playing Mario Kart online has been fine when I played. There were a few times you got kicked but there's been some patches since then that may have fixed it. Ultra was ok the couple of matches I played.
    Re Revelations Collection coming for Switch. 2 was great on ps3...let's hope Capcom handles the port themselves instead of relying on scrubs this time. We all remember how that shit turned out on Vita.
    po pimpus wrote: »

InB4 a bunch of NES Mega Man and RE ports, followed by "We are pulling support due to lack of sales of games we've already sold you 5000 times before on every other platform under the sun".

:coffee:
    Re Revelations Collection coming for Switch. 2 was great on ps3...let's hope Capcom handles the port themselves instead of relying on scrubs this time. We all remember how that shit turned out on Vita.

:coffee:

Po is right, my expectation of Capcom right now is I hoping they are smart enough not to shoot themselves in the foot again.
    But Po would point out I am giving Crapcom too much credit there.
    TKR wrote: »
    MS has KI,
    And that's all the Xbone Has.
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Arc sys already said that power wasnt an issue fo putting fighterz on the switch but they are pulling the whole 'if you guys buy this old game/port then maybe we will consider it' thing with xenoverse 2.
    Sad thing is I don't respond too well with game devs holding shit hostage. They want me to buy some shit game, so they would consider putting out the fan favorites out?

Fuck em, and not just Arc Sys, anyone who holds shit hostage like that.

If that the case, gaming as a whole can collapse if you ask me.

Wait, what antique is arcsys dangling in front of us before we get newer games? Cuz Xenoverse is Bamco. I'm sure as fuck never buying any gg older than xrd again. A Blazblue collection would be...ok.
    edited August 2
    Got my 8bitdo NES30 pro pad...NOW I can have fun with these mvs ports instead of fighting the analog stick. Control is perfect now. I highly recommend 8bitdo pads if you plan on playing fighters on your Switch.

Oh, and 9 days till MHXX demo drops in the jp store.
    edited August 2
    Got my 8bitdo NES30 pro pad...NOW I can have fun with these mvs ports instead of fighting the analog stick. Control is perfect now. I highly recommend 8bitdo pads if you plan on playing fighters on your Switch.

Oh, and 9 days till MHXX demo drops in the jp store.

8 bitdo pads are awesome, I got there optional receivers to use them with my NES and SNES.
    Now only if they made a Genesis and Turbo Graphics controllers and receivers.

Other than the 8 Bitdo pads, the Pokken controller is pretty decent on the Switch as well.

Also I am ready for the MHXX demos. This is the kind of thing I got a Japanese Eshop account ready for.

Wait, what antique is arcsys dangling in front of us before we get newer games? Cuz Xenoverse is Bamco. I'm sure as fuck never buying any gg older than xrd again. A Blazblue collection would be...ok.

Bamco is also publishing and own the db game license so its their call.

This is what they said at first
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/19/dragon-ball-fighterz-could-come-to-switch-if-enough-fans-request-it

'if there's demand then it's possible to make it'

and then this
    http://www.theouterhaven.net/2017/07/switch-owners-want-dragon-ball-fighterz-need-buy-xenoverse-2/
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, this Phantom Trigger game will be on Switch, apparently

August 10.

I bought Fate/Extella earlier today (physical version, of course...and here's a shocker-- unlike most games in the past few years, this has a manual/booklet in there!! :wow: )...haven't dug that deep into it just yet... Namco Museum will be mine later (mainly for Galaga '88 and Rolling Thunder)

*sidenote--another bonus of always buying physical version when possible-- (sadly there is no cart for Namco Museum from what I hear)--- that new game smell, man....yeah, I've been occasionally sniffing the case ever since this afternoon when I bought it.

Not that I would ever buy DBFZ, but forcing us to by Xenoverse 2? Fuck that,
    I know this is more of a Namco thing and not a Arc Sys thing, but its making me not want to buy Arc Sys games.

I know the logic is broken, but I see it as the principal of the thing.
    edited August 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/19/dragon-ball-fighterz-could-come-to-switch-if-enough-fans-request-it

and then this
    http://www.theouterhaven.net/2017/07/switch-owners-want-dragon-ball-fighterz-need-buy-xenoverse-2/

...da fuq. Good thing fighters with impressive graphics are so rare on Switch right now that massive sales on Xenoverse are pretty much guaranteed. Helps that X2 also doesn't suck. Still, that's some hilljack logic they whipped out.
    edited August 2
    Finally the Switch has reached it's true potential.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/01/new-senran-kagura-games-announced-along-with-2nd-anime-season

and then this

...da fuq. Good thing fighters with impressive graphics are so rare on Switch right now that massive sales on Xenoverse are pretty much guaranteed. Helps that X2 also doesn't suck. Still, that's some hilljack logic they whipped out.
    Welcome to Japanese game publisher decision making where basic logic need not apply.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    That Phantom Trigger game looks very interesting.

As for Senran Kagura...I'm sure that HD rumble is working perfectly. What even is he doing!? lol Looks like he's either lightly beating on her leg or it's a massage, can't tell if she's enjoying it or hurt lol.
    That Phantom Trigger game looks very interesting.

As for Senran Kagura...I'm sure that HD rumble is working perfectly. What even is he doing!? lol Looks like he's either lightly beating on her leg or it's a massage, can't tell if she's enjoying it or hurt lol.
    Whatever the answers to these questions are, it's probably someone's fetish.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,038
    Splatoon 2 is fun and everything but these supers feel wack.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    edited August 2
    Ok yeah... Fate/Extella is definitely a good time. I might be one of the few that never gets tired of these Dynasty Warriors-style games... but yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. Sometimes the story and talking gets to be a bit much, imo...I usually just want to cut straight to the action in these games, y'know? Let me get back to dishing out these ridiculous combos with tons of enemies to fight. Ha, I had the combo counter up to 5,447 hits earlier today on lunch break. :lol: I was tempted to get this on Vita since it was on there several months ago, but I'm glad I waited, simply because Switch has the larger screen, and it's a new system that actually has a future. One little detail I love here-- the characters have apparently infinite dashes, which helps the general pace of combat always feel fast...you can always zip around the battlefield super-fast, chaining a giant combo from one group of enemies to the next, or just moving to the next "room" as quickly as possible.

With this and my other stuff (currently addicted to Fortnite over on X1), I think Namco Museum can wait, actually.

*oh and sheeeeit, if Senran Kagura is headed to Switch I am DEFINITELY down for that action. :tup:
    If we weren't so starved for software...would Arms still be worth it?
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,128
    If we weren't so starved for software...would Arms still be worth it?

Yes, it's a solid arena brawler and the motion controls work really well
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 1,067
    Still isn't really anything on Switch I really want.

Breath of the Wild is on Wii U (the console it was developed for),
    Ultra SF2 is just meh,
    Pokken Tournament DX has no right to even exist, as most of its content should've been DLC for Wii U,
    Arms is... kinda bland, IMO, from what I've seen, and
    while I like that Nintendo tried a family-friendly shooter in the form of Splatoon, and am glad it's successful, but it's just not my kind of game.

Only thing that really interests me is Mario Odyssey, and that's months away.

Any real reason to slog through and try to find one of these things then?
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
    Tiberious wrote: »

Ultra SF2 is just meh,
    Pokken Tournament DX has no right to even exist, as most of its content should've been DLC for Wii U,
    while I like that Nintendo tried a family-friendly shooter in the form of Splatoon, and am glad it's successful, but it's just not my kind of game.

For you, I'd say no, since there's only one game you really want.

My policy is to never buy a console unless there's at least five titles I consider must-haves on it.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,222
    Just bought Splatoon 2. Will sit down with the game after work
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris

Ultra SF2 is just meh,

Look through the downloadable-only titles. I recommend Implosion.

Ultra SF2 is just meh,

The Neo Geo Library has a good start and the Psikyo arcade titles Gunbarich and Strikers 1945 are getting Switch Ports.
    Breath of the Wild is superior on the Switch (unlike Twilight Princess on the Wii, it was better on the Game Cube).
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,860
    Going back and forth on rather to get 2k18 for PS4 or switch.

Would love a mobile version of the game but I know the PS4 will be superior. Will wait till closer to release to see how bad corners were cut to make the switch version possible before I decide.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Guys I was thinking about getting a nintendo 2ds xl for my son. Can it run 3ds games??
    I'm really loving the hell out of Implosion...would it be worth my while to go back and check out Helldivers for Vita/Ps4?
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Guys I was thinking about getting a nintendo 2ds xl for my son. Can it run 3ds games??
    Yes, the New 2DS XL will be able to play everything on the system.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    Going back and forth on rather to get 2k18 for PS4 or switch.

Would love a mobile version of the game but I know the PS4 will be superior. Will wait till closer to release to see how bad corners were cut to make the switch version possible before I decide.

In case you didn't know, right now 2k18 is going to get released digitally first on the Switch with the other platforms and then later physically at an unknown date. So if you don't want to have it digitally you can buy the PS4 version first and then while waiting for the physical you'll have plenty of time to hear anything about issues with the Switch version.
    ha, I forgot about having Helldivers until it was mentioned... I have it on Vita. The short bit of content I played was alright, but other games kept stealing my attention, basically...so I never got back to it to dig deep in there... it made a good first impression on me, for sure.

*y'know... it's probably unlikely to happen, but it would be awesome if Dragon's Crown showed up on Switch...YEP I would absolutely buy it again, and I played the shit out of it on Vita for years. It is my favorite side-scrolling game of all time, without question.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,334
    Helldivers is awesome.

So long as you have 3 other competent people with you.

The game is much more fun playing with 4 people than it is by yourself or with randoms. It's a twinstick shooter. The game also scales the number of enemies you have to face depending on the amount of people playing. You could go from "slightly hectic, really difficult (on the hardest difficulty)" playing by yourself to "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ENEMIES!? WATCH WHERE YOUR"E FUCKING SHOOTING! TELL ME SOMEONE EQUIPPED THE FLAMETHROWER FOR THIS MISSION!? REVIVE ME YOU ASSHOLES REVIVE! RUN YOU DUMBASS YOU CANT KILL IT WITH JUST ONE PERSON WHILE GETTING SWARMED! HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS SUCK" when there's 3 other people with you for your 4 man mission on hardest difficulty.

Great fun was had playing with my bros because it also supported couch co-op of up to 4 players (all the players share 1 screen regardless so if you want to go anywhere you all have to move as a group to get to the objective(s)).
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    dn3000 wrote: »

2DS XL is everything the New 3DS XL has minus that one 3D screen.
    Most of us turns the 3D off anyways, so there is no lost.
    Million wrote: »
    ha, I forgot about having Helldivers until it was mentioned... I have it on Vita. The short bit of content I played was alright, but other games kept stealing my attention, basically...so I never got back to it to dig deep in there... it made a good first impression on me, for sure.

*y'know... it's probably unlikely to happen, but it would be awesome if Dragon's Crown showed up on Switch...YEP I would absolutely buy it again, and I played the shit out of it on Vita for years. It is my favorite side-scrolling game of all time, without question.

Oh, god...if that were to happen...I can't even imagine how awesome it would be. Plus you know there would be new content.