Cooperation Cup and Tokyo thoughts

2»

Comments

• IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 204
    In regards to "everyone gathers and pretends to like 3s", i think those people are referring mainly to the stream monsters and aren't really shitting on the scene. Those thousands of viewers that don't tune in any other time of the year have to have some among them. People that are experts all of a sudden and wave their knowledge dicks at each other in stupid chat arguments rather than watching.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,619
    top 25?
    are there even 25 people who care about something like that?

if you want to play 3S for super realsies you go to Japan. everything else is great and fun too but i don't think many people care about domestic ranking. it's 2017.

Play more.
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,023
    We talked about a top 25 players list in xbl chat a few weeks ago and there seemed to be a lot of interest. Maybe it would bring excitement as players don't like where they are ranked and set out on a journey of destruction to prove themselves. And could give people outside the community kind of a guide of players to pay attention to.

Personally I think it would be cool if someone thinks they deserve top 25, doesn't get it, and starts traveling to prove everyone wrong.
    I don't get it, but I am the outsider apparently.
    Play more.
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,417
    WWE Power Rankings hosted by MutantXP
    Top 25 ELO ratings by drpancakemd
  • miomio You have no dignity. Joined: Posts: 550
    Tebbo wrote: »
    top 25?

if you want to play 3S for super realsies you go to Japan. everything else is great and fun too but i don't think many people care about domestic ranking. it's 2017.
    Tebbo wrote: »
    top 25?

I disagree with you on this. I think you're mistaken that people don't (or at least wouldn't) care about that sort of project. It's a nice motivation that wouldn't require a crazy amount of effort. I'm sure there is a small but decent handful of older and newer players that would appreciate the competitive glory brought by a national ranking system. It's most likely that population that loves the game and wants to prove their skill, but isn't in the position to drop everything and move to Japan, which is a vast majority of players. It couldn't hurt. There are plenty of other communities that have done so concurrently with consistent local tourneys and it has only strengthened those communities.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,876 mod
    people love anything in list format

and people love arguing about old school vs new school players, or my scenes players vs your scenes players
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    that's kinda what it seems like and what i meant.
    having a good game > placement on a list imo. they're not mutually exclusive it's more what you think is important.
    but this could all be because I definitely won't be anywhere near placing on such a list :)
    Play more.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,211
    Royal Rumble
    100 man+ entry

Yeah "single elim" cuz when you get thrown out, you're out.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

2»