[How]Jumps and Anti Airs.

2»

Comments

  • noorsfvnoorsfv Joined: Posts: 45
    F'cking lol. SF had those numbers for years and it has always been the most popular fighting game. It's not going anywhere.

    I hope so. Cause the moment things start going downwards they decide to make another Street Fighter and the cycle will repeat itself. How many times has this happened and how many times will it happen.
    Well we don't care about your shit either. In all the time you spent here complaining about how hard this game is for special children* you could've probably learned to block air normals and even anti-air them.

    In all this time I have also realized that there are a few people in the FGC who will defend something that isn't working just cause they have invested extreme amounts of time and work. Its as if some people are just way too offended by the idea that all there hardwork might become irrelevant.

    Here is a nice video of Ronin24 saying we should embrace For Honor as a fighting game. But yeah alot of elllleeettt fighting gamers might not like the idea. Where are my combos, moves. It might not sell but what I am saying is some people are open to this whole idea of new fighting games that are totally different other are .....



  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,261
    edited February 2
    noorsfv wrote: »
    In all this time I have also realized that there are a few people in the FGC who will defend something that isn't working just cause they have invested extreme amounts of time and work. Its as if some people are just way too offended by the idea that all there hardwork might become irrelevant.

    Probably as much as you're offended by the very idea of hardwork and non-instant gratification.
    It's almost as if you went mocking someone who's working out and telling him "lol why don't you just eat ice cream instead". Well guess what, there are people who like having some challenges instead of being handfeed all the time. Why can't you fucking accept this?
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Here is a nice video of Ronin24 saying we should embrace For Honor as a fighting game. But yeah alot of elllleeettt fighting gamers might not like the idea. Where are my combos, moves. It might not sell but what I am saying is some people are open to this whole idea of new fighting games that are totally different other are .....

    I played the beta, it is indeed potentially a good fighting game (at least if they allow you to remove maps on instakill ledges in 1v1s). But I'm pretty sure that if you played it you would start complaining about how hard it is to tech guard breaks or to react to light combos by blocking in the right direction and you would ask the developers to remove the bleeding damage of the Peacekeeper's grab. Why? Because you've proven to be a whiny kid raised in the MOBA generation that is used to complain rather than to learn and adapt. You will never survive in the brutal universe of fighting games if you can't even learn the basics in the easiest one of all.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • noorsfvnoorsfv Joined: Posts: 45

    Probably as much as you're offended by the very idea of hardwork and non-instant gratification.
    It's almost as if you went mocking someone who's working out and telling him "lol why don't you just eat ice cream instead". Well guess what, there are people who like having some challenges instead of being handfeed all the time. Why can't you fucking accept this?

    Not offended but yes I do get worried when I see players spending hours and hours only to be beaten by Iamstilldaddy or LTG. They could have done better. Play an easier game and prepare for a professional exam.

    And I really don't think this about challenging oneself (How many people still play SFIII or GG ?). Back when Diablo 3 had an Auction house and Legendaries were extremely hard to find only the the hardcore fans were defending diablo because they had put in a lot of work. It wasn't about the game but the fear that there work my go to waste.
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Here is a nice video of Ronin24 saying we should embrace For Honor as a fighting game. But yeah alot of elllleeettt fighting gamers might not like the idea. Where are my combos, moves. It might not sell but what I am saying is some people are open to this whole idea of new fighting games that are totally different other are .....
    Why? Because you've proven to be a whiny kid raised in the MOBA generation that is used to complain rather than to learn and adapt. You will never survive in the brutal universe of fighting games if you can't even learn the basics in the easiest one of all.

    Brutal Universe of Fighting games ... LOL.
    OK!!!

  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,087
    It's always funny when someone goes to a different community that they know nothing about and starts comparing it to something completely different and insisting on changing stuff. It's really pretty arrogant.

    Someone plays Street Fighter at a high level...WITH THEIR FACE. The problem is not the game or the genre, it's you. Quit making excuses and adapt.

    /thread
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,261
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Not offended but yes I do get worried when I see players spending hours and hours only to be beaten by Iamstilldaddy or LTG. They could have done better. Play an easier game and prepare for a professional exam.

    A recent informal poll on SRK showed that many people here are attending or already attended a high college degree, mostly in scientific matters. You know, it's actually easy to study hard things when you already have the mindset for it.
    Maybe you should actually really go to college and get some discipline about studying stuff.
    noorsfv wrote: »
    And I really don't think this about challenging oneself (How many people still play SFIII or GG ?)

    A lot more than you think. But of course most people want results without work, which is why cheating is a common thing in multiplayer games that don't prevent it.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • FishyashFishyash Joined: Posts: 29
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Not offended but yes I do get worried when I see players spending hours and hours only to be beaten by Iamstilldaddy or LTG. They could have done better. Play an easier game and prepare for a professional exam.

    Not everyone who plays online spends hours and hours on the game, and considering the fact that Iamstilldaddy and LTG stream the game and get money for it it's fair to say that they would probably spend more time on the game than the average online player does.

    Also, lol why are you saying time spent on street fighter is wasted since "you could have spent that time on developing a more useful skill."
    Street fighter is not a profession
    Street fighter is not a job
    Street fighter is...
    A VIDEO GAME!

    If you are part of the overwhelming majority of players that does not earn any money due to playing street fighter, it is nothing more than a video game.

    I'm just going to say I don't understand the idea that the game magically gets more fun when you reach a certain skill level. Street fighter, being a competitive game, doesn't have a quantifiable difficulty because the difficulty of the game is entirely dependent on your opponent.

    My experience started with SSF4. The game was a blast from the very start and I was enjoying learning new things and getting better at the game. Playing online I lost a lot, but that just served as motivation to improve more. I'm not gonna say I'm amazing at the game (rank didn't mean much but I was at 3kPP on USFIV on PC before I stopped) but there was a point where the rate I was learning things was getting slower and I was slowly losing interest in the game. SFV unfortunately did not rekindle it.

    So for me, I experience the inverse of what people are complaining about. As I got better at the game, the game got less fun, not the other way round. I am assuming this is because the desire to just play the game was better than the desire to win. As I improved, the wins followed but they were not the primary drive for why I played the game.
    I guess the point of what I'm saying is this, if you do not enjoy the game right now, at the low skill level where you're likely losing a lot of your games, do you expect to like the game more as you get better at it?
  • noorsfvnoorsfv Joined: Posts: 45
    Fishyash wrote: »

    Not everyone who plays online spends hours and hours on the game, and considering the fact that Iamstilldaddy and LTG stream the game and get money for it it's fair to say that they would probably spend more time on the game than the average online player does.

    Also, lol why are you saying time spent on street fighter is wasted since "you could have spent that time on developing a more useful skill."
    Street fighter is not a profession
    Street fighter is not a job
    Street fighter is...
    A VIDEO GAME!

    Because for some reason people are treating it as if it something more than just a video game. If today every single MOBA were to disappear It wouldn't bother me. Its a video game I will find another one. But if G-d forbid you say something like "Capcom should make a simpler fighting VIDEO GAME".

    And I think you missed the "Brutal Universe of fighting games" part.
    That is what I am saying ,it is a video game don't take it so seriously. I am not the hardcore player here.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,087
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Because for some reason people are treating it as if it something more than just a video game.
    No, you're misunderstanding. They are saying fighters are HARDER than most video games.
    noorsfv wrote: »
    That is what I am saying ,it is a video game don't take it so seriously. I am not the hardcore player here.
    Fuck off and let us take is seriously if we want to. You can play whatever games you want to play, but don't pick up your first fighting game, get bodied, and then come here telling us that we should care about you when you clearly don't give a shit about the genre or the players who love it.

    And you missed his point. He was saying people play fighters for entertainment, not a job. Your reading comprehension sucks too much for you to get anything out of this thread.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,261
    >complains through an entire thread about how hard it is to compete with players that know how to do air normals (LUL)
    >brings up continuous examples about games that are strong in esports
    >says you shouldn't take video games seriously

    This guy is a fucking joke. He will be embarrassed in 5 years when he will read this thread again after he has grown a beard (if he has more than 20 years I'm even more embarrassed for him).
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,742
    Look, here's the thing. I've said it before, but I will try again.

    Fighting games are hard. And that's not some elitist "if you can't DP reliably you're a fucking scrub" thing. The fundamental design of a fighting game means it would be really goddamn hard to play competently even if there was no execution involved whatsoever. Hell, look at competitive Smash. Footsies are hard. Spacing is hard. Zoning is hard. Not getting predictable is hard. Getting rid of bad habits is hard. Don't get me wrong, high level FPS play or MOBAs are probably equally difficult, but those games have a lower barrier of entry due to being more intuitive and having less of a gap between a new and an average player. Part of it is because they have larger player bases, which means the talent pool is less top heavy, but in the end it's mainly because fighting games have a higher barrier of entry. And again, this is mainly not an execution thing, because if even I could learn how to do supers when I was a shit kid, anyone can.

    Fighting games are about repetition, and therefore takes a certain kind of player. Spacing is basically just grinding all your normals until you know their exact range and priority. Making your reactions faster more or less boils down to repeating a situation over and over until you can react to it. Learning what you can and can't do during a blockstring is just trying every conceivable option and seeing what works. In most other genres, this is true as well, but the testing process is generally a less time consuming experience. If I want to know if I can shoot through a wall in an FPS, I point and click, and I have my answer in less than a second. If I want to know if something's a true blockstring in a fighting game, I have to go to training mode and try it over and over until I can confirm there is no way out of it.

    Because fighting games are hard, fighting games will never truly be mainstream. But I don't think they will ever go away either. Sure, we will have games like Smash or For Honor that blur the lines between fighters and other genres, but they don't quite fill the niche that your traditional 2d fighter occupies. By all means, try to get new players into the genre, but I think it's a mistake to assume that fighting games will ever be an FPS or a MOBA in terms of mass market appeal, because the fundamental design is inherently difficult to grasp. And if you get rid of the basics of what makes a fighting game work, we're back to the pre-SFII days.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • noorsfvnoorsfv Joined: Posts: 45
    edited February 6
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Street fighter is not a job
    Street fighter is...
    A VIDEO GAME!

    This is what I am talking about
    Fuck off and let us take is seriously if we want to.
    This guy is a fucking joke.

    Do people talk like this about a Video game ? I don't think people are this defensive/aggressive about their jobs/professions.

    Post edited by noorsfv on
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,261
    Everyone is more passionate about his hobbies rather than about the things he has to do in order to be able to eat?
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,087
    edited February 6
    noorsfv wrote: »
    Do people talk like this about a Video game ? I don't think people are this defensive/aggressive about their jobs/professions.
    Oh please. How I talk about something is irrelevant. I guess you're out of stuff to say.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,742
    Also, all internet arguments tend to have a certain amount of hyperbole. Assume that nobody is quite as literal about the depth of their feelings and you're probably right more often than you're wrong.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 977
    For jump- ins: JUST DO IT. Even when anti- aired just do it again. the pay off is way to great not to do it.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.