d3v IS GETTING SHANKED IN THE BOOBS, NEEDS FURTHER FINANCIAL HELP, PLEASE DONATE

d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPITJoined: Posts: 35,127 mod
edited February 21 in General Discussion
We did it!.... Except we didn't. What was supposed to be a short hospital stay for pneumonia caused by MRSA has become a rather extended one as I battle an unending fever. As such, my bills are now more than double the initial amount raised. As such, I've opened up a new fundraiser to help me with them.

More details can be found in my posts below.

https://www.generosity.com/medical-fundraising/extended-hospital-stay-due-to-mrsa/x/72445

P.S. If you're wondering why I'm using Generosity over GoFundMe, it's because the latter doesn't accept campaigns from Filipino's (or at least those without US bank accounts)
Post edited by d3v on
You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
-Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
-Daigo Umehara

Comments

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,226
    edited February 13
    someone should knock @MrWizard ´s door.
    he managed to organize a shit tone of money for the charity stuff, he for sure
    can make some noise to get this funded as well.

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,192
    I got you later today. This is some scary shit man I hope everything works out.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,756
    This fucking sucks man it really does. I put some fundies in there for you. I hope it helps.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in my name is actually an uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    edited February 14
    Feel better soon Dev.
    Sent some dollars your way.
    Post edited by M1X on
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 7,959
    edited February 13
    I did my part. Is the Filipino FGC aware of the fundraising? I guess that some people who attend Manila Cup might want to contribute too.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,693
    Get well soon, man!
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,047
    Saw this on Twitter today. Crazy. Get well man.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,130
    Hang in there. Get well!
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,327 mod
    How the fuck did you catch mrsa and why the hell werent able to identify it sooner?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • redrapperredrapper I don't even use this name no more... Joined: Posts: 622
    Jesus bro I hope you're gonna be okay... I'll give what I can soon as my check comes in...
    I don't know what to put here.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,192
    Jesus when I was in AIT someone in the barracks had MRSA...

Good thing they I.D'ed it so they can treat
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,932
    Get well soon d3v
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,127 mod
    Pertho wrote: »
    How the fuck did you catch mrsa and why the hell werent able to identify it sooner?

Blood culture took 3 days
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 901
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 7,959
    d3v wrote: »
    Also it looks like they're gonna have to poke and drain my lungs.

Ouch, good luck bro, I heard it hurts. I was lucky I escaped that when I had my embolism a few months ago.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,483
    Get well soon man, rough break with it all
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,127 mod
    2D Echo tomorrow, just to make sure the staph has attached to my heart's valves.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,491
    Damn.......My next pay check is next friday. I'll send something your way. Coughing up blood.....jesus. I'd be fucking scared
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »
    Donated.

Also updated the thread title to best reflect the the sense of urgency we have in this situation.

It got my attention.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,327 mod
    1 8 0 0 b o y s
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,545
    What the fuck, this is a real thread? I thought it was some really weird trolling attempt.

Goddamn, dude! Glad to hear your butthole is fine for now, though.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,371
    Donating when paycheck comes thru. Get better dude and don't let Gawker find out about your asshole bleeding.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 1,786
    Get well soon dude, Hoping for your fast recovery to your former better healthy self again!
    Arcade Mode Concepts and Designs - Better than traditional Arcade Mode
    Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type
    Character Wishlist SFV and MVCi
    My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,766 admin
    Donated. Thanks for all you do for the community. :tup:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• ManxManx Do yo feet stink? Joined: Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    By the power of the SRK community, I hope you're able to quickly shake this shit, man.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,277
    Get well soon D3v.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.