new to the SFV scene... a little help with the sticks

full_blooded_italianfull_blooded_italian Joined: Posts: 2
hello everybody!
I'll cut right to the chase: I'm going to buy my first stick and I need a little help.
I read the guides and stuff but I want to be sure about what I'm doing. There are so many possibilities and it's all so confusing, so... sorry for the inflated topic.

I'll be playing SFV on PC and I'm trying to get the best value for money.
Living in Italy I'm limited to the main models on sale on our Amazon, which are the most common (Qanba Q4, Madcatz TE2+, Hori RAP4).
I don't want to consider modding, so no Venom and between those, I'd go with the Qanba because the Madcatz it's too expensive and the stock hori si meh (right?).
There are 2 versions of the Qanba.
The "2 in 1" version says it comes with Qingshui JLF and Sanwa Buttons... is it possibile? I couldn't get any information about Qingshui sticks searching with google and I knew all the Q4 came with full Sanwa parts.
The "3 in 1", apart from being universally compatible, says it's full Sanwa (stick and buttons).
The first it's 130 and the latter 169... so if the difference is just the Xbox compatibility, I'd take the 2 in 1, but if it's about the stick, I'd consider spending more.

Other than the Qanba, the second hand market doesn't offer much.
I found a Madcatz SSFIV arcade stick modded full sanwa and a Madcatz TE for 60 and 90. The price would be the perfect steal, but I read that Playstation sticks are often not recognized by PC, due to the motherboard chip.
Xbox sticks are hard to find cause in Italy nobody has Xbox...

I'm asking for your help, especially about the Qanba models!

Thank you guys

Comments

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,376
    edited February 17
    Welcome to SRK. Ask questions like these in this thread next time instead of making an entirely new thread.

Get the 3 in 1. A Hori stick is fine too as long as you get the right version.
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Don't leave out native PS3 sticks since D-Input is used on SFV PC now.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -Razer Panthera BNIB
    -TE-S
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W, BenQ RL2455HM & Monoprice 8204
  • full_blooded_italianfull_blooded_italian Joined: Posts: 2
    thank you both, sorry for the inconvenience of the topic. :)