The Street Fighter V Lounge: We all gotta chill 'til the end of April

1495496497498500

Comments

  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    edited April 17
    From the makers of nano-thermite and pilot-less remote-controlled aircraft:

    *** Street Fighter V: Secret Meta Tips ***

    Tip #4: Mash Buttons

    It's important to remember Street Fighter V is an American friendly game and we all know Americans love to mash buttons!

    So pick one or two, preferably big crush counter buttons, and go to town! Mash those attacks and fish for easy damage into big brilliant flashes of light!*

    Crashing sounds will fill the headphones of your opponent along with colours they ain't seen before.

    When the violent whining sound of your enemy can finally be heard between rounds, change your game up a little and select some fast start up or recovery light attacks to spam.

    Works like a charm!

    Thanks for you support and tune in next time!

    *Editor's Note: This secret technique of Western masters may not work for our superior friends from the East.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,190
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So to summarize......

    If a fighting game is designed to be "good" have "tough execution (IE 1F Links)" and comes out in Japan 2 years before it even makes it to america it's gonna have Asians win it.


    This is racist as shit!!!!!!!

    ....................you sure you aren't doing drugs?

    But that's what you're implying right? If it's not please elaborate.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    CFN: TWINBLADES
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,380
    Quark wrote: »
    Reason4U wrote: »
    LoyalSol wrote: »

    The issue I have with the unreactable things in SF5 is that the interrupt window is pitifully small. KOF was a game where there were a lot of things you couldn't react to, but on the flip side you also had a fairly large gap to press a button to stop an opponent if you know their next move.

    The thing that's frustrating sometimes in SF5 is that even if you know they are going to do it, you have to hit a tiny window to successfully catch them.

    This is what I mean when I say some of you dont know what you want.

    Earlier you said this game isnt good because it's easier and anyone has a decent chance at beating a pro.

    Now the game is too punishing and hard to react to things.

    You cant have it both ways. At least not without me calling the hypocrisy out.

    actually the idea that SFV is more reaction-heavy is totally compatible with the idea that more players are able to beat pros now, since reactions are largely genetic and can only barely be improved with practice, whereas skills like spacing can be improved significantly improved with practice.

    This would be true if reactions in fighting games weren't partially based off expectations and knowledge. If you wait for the opponent to whiff a button at some range and have the punish ready for that your reaction will be much easier. Same goes for MU knowledge, if you know that a character has a negative move that he does all the time you will be able to punish it in time instead of freezing in place and eating a counter-hit.
    Also as it has been stressed many times there aren't more players able to beat pros now than before. The players who are doing good now are overwhelmingly players that were already doing good in SF4.
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    edited April 17
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So to summarize......

    If a fighting game is designed to be "good" have "tough execution (IE 1F Links)" and comes out in Japan 2 years before it even makes it to america it's gonna have Asians win it.


    This is racist as shit!!!!!!!

    ....................you sure you aren't doing drugs?

    But that's what you're implying right? If it's not please elaborate.

    How the hell did you get that? I was talking about easier games making it harder for good players to stand out. Don't really see how we ended up with Asians. I don't think I said Japan, Asia, Asians, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Mongolian, Vietnamese, or anything to do with Asia in any of my posts.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 2,981
    Hm, the thread began on 2/17, while it's 4/17 at page 500.

    Odd.
    Within the dream, he stayed.

    "Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
    NupoChromine Vs. SRK
    Current Score: 23-72 SRK
    0-10 Windalfr
    1-10 DevilJin01
    0-10 Ribu
    4-10 A10metal
    10-2 Darc Requiem
    4-10 Doctrine Dark
    4-10 Killer Jigglypuff
    0-10 Zeniside
    6-10 TWINBLADES
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,032
    lets get to 501 before pertho gets back
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 978
    If we're going to go with this SFV is about reactions thing... wasn't 3S about them as well, if not more so? That game is fast as shit and seems to be heavily about confirms.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    M.Bison is so cool!
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 2,981
    I'd rather not exceed 500 pages...nothing good happens after page 500.
    Within the dream, he stayed.

    "Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
    NupoChromine Vs. SRK
    Current Score: 23-72 SRK
    0-10 Windalfr
    1-10 DevilJin01
    0-10 Ribu
    4-10 A10metal
    10-2 Darc Requiem
    4-10 Doctrine Dark
    4-10 Killer Jigglypuff
    0-10 Zeniside
    6-10 TWINBLADES
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,693
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So to summarize......

    If a fighting game is designed to be "good" have "tough execution (IE 1F Links)" and comes out in Japan 2 years before it even makes it to america it's gonna have Asians win it.


    This is racist as shit!!!!!!!

    ....................you sure you aren't doing drugs?

    But that's what you're implying right? If it's not please elaborate.

    How the hell did you get that? I was talking about easier games making it harder for good players to stand out. Don't really see how we ended up with Asians. I don't think I said Japan, Asia, Asians, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Mongolian, Vietnamese, or anything to do with Asia in any of my posts.
    Except that's wrong too. If a game is executionally easier then it should allow more time for players to focus on strategy. The number of truly elite players who're elite due to their execution rather than their decision making is slim to none. Even someone like Sako who's an execution monster is, at the end of the day, going to be better at fighting games than you because he's going to make the correct decision more often than you are execution be damned. Superior tactics win out.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
    Current highlights include: Current and past gen controllers and misc. parts
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,700
    edited April 17
    This would be true if reactions in fighting games weren't partially based off expectations and knowledge. If you wait for the opponent to whiff a button at some range and have the punish ready for that your reaction will be much easier. Same goes for MU knowledge, if you know that a character has a negative move that he does all the time you will be able to punish it in time instead of freezing in place and eating a counter-hit.

    of course reactions are partially based off expectations and knowledge. that doesn't change the fact that some games require better raw reactions than others.

    in any case, the only claim I made was that
    "SFV is more reaction-heavy"
    and
    "more players are able to beat pros now"

    are compatible claims.

    I didn't actually say that SFV is more reaction-heavy, or that more players are able to beat pros now. I'm neutral on those issues.
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    Except that's wrong too. If a game is executionally easier then it should allow more time for players to focus on strategy. The number of truly elite players who're elite due to their execution rather than their decision making is slim to none. Even someone like Sako who's an execution monster is, at the end of the day, going to be better at fighting games than you because he's going to make the correct decision more often than you are execution be damned. Superior tactics win out.

    Ok, where did I say execution was the only factor?
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans So many games so lil time... Joined: Posts: 539

    My mom and dad just HAD to make me share a birthday with that dictator jerk. Smh
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    SRK Tier-List:

    1. Character I have the hardest time fighting.
    2. Second worst match up for me.
    3. God, this character is annoying as fuck.
    4. What is this shit, _________ doesn't even play Street Fighter.
    5. I didn't study this match up, FML.
    6. Secret Top Tier only I know about.
    7. Tie between a bunch of characters I don't play.
    8. My character, to try to look reasonable in my downplaying. #moarbuffsplz
    9. F.A.N.G.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,768
    Well looks like we made it.

    img.jpg
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Wizard Joined: Posts: 19,972
    I'll post more booty if we make it to page 501 =)
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Juri, Chun-li (buff plz)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,380
    Quark wrote: »
    This would be true if reactions in fighting games weren't partially based off expectations and knowledge. If you wait for the opponent to whiff a button at some range and have the punish ready for that your reaction will be much easier. Same goes for MU knowledge, if you know that a character has a negative move that he does all the time you will be able to punish it in time instead of freezing in place and eating a counter-hit.

    of course reactions are partially based off expectations and knowledge. that doesn't change the fact that some games require better raw reactions than others.

    in any case, the only claim I made was that
    "SFV is more reaction-heavy"
    and
    "more players are able to beat pros now"

    are compatible claims.

    I didn't actually say that SFV is more reaction-heavy, or that more players are able to beat pros now. I'm neutral on those issues.

    You're meta-posting, I like it. Next step: analysing the validity of TWINBLADES's posts through first-order predicate calculus
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    I'll post more booty if we make it to page 501 =)

    Horse booty don't count.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 2,981
    Within the dream, he stayed.

    "Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
    NupoChromine Vs. SRK
    Current Score: 23-72 SRK
    0-10 Windalfr
    1-10 DevilJin01
    0-10 Ribu
    4-10 A10metal
    10-2 Darc Requiem
    4-10 Doctrine Dark
    4-10 Killer Jigglypuff
    0-10 Zeniside
    6-10 TWINBLADES
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Wizard Joined: Posts: 19,972
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    I'll post more booty if we make it to page 501 =)

    Horse booty don't count.

    I don't count it either.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Juri, Chun-li (buff plz)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    edited April 17
    You're meta-posting, I like it. Next step: analysing the validity of TWINBLADES's posts through first-order predicate calculus

    You know as someone with a degree in math....we should totally get him to do that. Could be hilarious!
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,387
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    nonsense

    .

    Your argument falls apart because as many others have stated WHERE ARE ALL THESE BAD PLAYERS BEATING LEGENDS?

    It doesnt happen in this game. Fuudo, Haitani, Gamerbee are all grown ass men and are some of the MOST consist players in SFV.

    Guys like Daigo and Infiltration have been getting bodied by character nerfs not scrubs.

    Reactions get you no where offline without frame data and match up knowledge. Then you need understanding of the game's systems and mechanic to put it into action.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,700
    You're meta-posting, I like it. Next step: analysing the validity of TWINBLADES's posts through first-order predicate calculus

    I don't even know what you mean by "meta-posting"

    I'm defending my post from somebody who misinterpreted it, that's all
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,380
    Quark wrote: »
    You're meta-posting, I like it. Next step: analysing the validity of TWINBLADES's posts through first-order predicate calculus

    I don't even know what you mean by "meta-posting"

    I'm defending my post from somebody who misinterpreted it, that's all

    It's like shitposting, but smarter.
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • ZenisideZeniside Joined: Posts: 2,790
    I will say that I do not remember dashes being annoying to deal with in SF4, but I sure do find a bunch irritating in SF5.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,190
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    Reason4U wrote: »
    This is what I mean when I say some of you dont know what you want.

    Earlier you said this game isnt good because it's easier and anyone has a decent chance at beating a pro.

    Now the game is too punishing and hard to react to things.

    You cant have it both ways. At least not withput me calling the hypocrisy out.

    I think that takes the cake for the silliest thing I've read today. The two statements are not even remotely contrary.

    Did you ever think that the reason things are easier overall is because you can get away with bad movement due to the fact it's harder to react to movement in general?

    Where as when it's easier to react to things you have to be a lot more cleaver and deceptive with your movement to fool people?

    1. When you effectively make it humanly impossible to react to things 2. you remove an element of skill from the equation which makes it 3. significantly easier for players with lower skill to beat higher skill players.

    1. This is straight up lies. Time and time again people have posted ways around shit.

    Everyone was bitching about EX Tackle and yet Jin reacts to that shit knowing at some point it's gonna drop. Gauging variables that lead into other situations sounds like an apt strategy to me. Yeah EX low is fast as fuck but yet you see people preemptively jumping over that shit. Punk was jumping over Du's point blank EX SB's right into huge damage.


    2. I mean sure we can say that but then my first point is that niggas can react to shit based off hard reads, educated guessing and because you know.... they can react to it.


    3. Fucking kek what?

    So if you lower the basket on the court to be my height I guess I'm about to style on Kobe right? I mean the hoop is lower so clearly I'll make better shots and win right?


    But lets say you're partially right. Lets say lowering the hoop makes it easier for me to get cheap shots. How is that stopping Kobe from straight dunking on me? He has legacy skill that's been honed since he was a kid and you're telling me because I know how to shoot some hoops I'm gonna body him now?


    Like I said if some nobody from nowhere's land was running through pools and straight murdering niggas left and right I could see your point. Hell I'd even agree with it. but I have yet to see that. Sure some dude may get top 50 in pools that weren't relevant in 4 but that doesn't mean he's a scrub. Maybe he play Marvel or maybe he played SF2.


    I get what you're saying but I just can't agree with this mentality
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    CFN: TWINBLADES
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,693
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    Except that's wrong too. If a game is executionally easier then it should allow more time for players to focus on strategy. The number of truly elite players who're elite due to their execution rather than their decision making is slim to none. Even someone like Sako who's an execution monster is, at the end of the day, going to be better at fighting games than you because he's going to make the correct decision more often than you are execution be damned. Superior tactics win out.

    Ok, where did I say execution was the only factor?
    Process of elimination. If a game is easier it's likely either because it's executionally less demanding or it's less punishing for making poor decisions. SFV sure as shit isn't the latter.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
    Current highlights include: Current and past gen controllers and misc. parts
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 1,999
    Zeniside wrote: »
    I will say that I do not remember dashes being annoying to deal with in SF4, but I sure do find a bunch irritating in SF5.

    Generally I don't think they traveled as far. Also normals have more than 2 active frames and longer reach.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    What's the high level drug of choice for the pros? Meth? Adderol? Pure cocaine? Catnip and curry?

    Do any top players trip-balls when they play? Like fourth dimensional seeing into the future type tech?

    Just curious?
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,700
    What's the high level drug of choice for the pros?

    jenkem
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 4,865
    edited April 17
    Quark wrote: »
    You're meta-posting, I like it. Next step: analysing the validity of TWINBLADES's posts through first-order predicate calculus

    I don't even know what you mean by "meta-posting"

    I'm defending my post from somebody who misinterpreted it, that's all

    It's like shitposting, but smarter.

    nothing is smarter tha n shitposting...
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    edited April 17
    Quark wrote: »
    What's the high level drug of choice for the pros?

    jenkem

    SFIII Announcer Voice: "That makes sense!"
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 4,865
    What's the high level drug of choice for the pros? Meth? Adderol? Pure cocaine? Catnip and curry?

    Krokodil
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 2,947
    Byron playstyle revealed

    image
    gymkata XD


  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,700
    edited April 17
    It's like shitposting, but smarter.

    in all seriousness, I don't see challenging the validity of somebody's argument is a form of shitposting. It seems like we'd have higher quality discussions if people were less prone to weak arguments like "don't see balrog in top 8 so how can he be top tier?" or "Guile can zone out Gief so zoning is strong in this game!"
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    edited April 17
    Reason4U wrote: »
    Your argument falls apart because as many others have stated WHERE ARE ALL THESE BAD PLAYERS BEATING LEGENDS?

    It doesnt happen in this game. Fuudo, Haitani, Gamerbee are all grown ass men and are some of the MOST consist players in SFV.

    Guys like Daigo and Infiltration have been getting bodied by character nerfs not scrubs.

    Reactions get you no where offline without frame data and match up knowledge. Then you need understanding of the game's systems and mechanic to put it into action.

    Um no sorry, your logic doesn't check out from even a basic mathematical standpoint.

    Arguing that easier games reduces skill differentials DOES NOT imply that random scrubs can beat top tier players (although Punk did lose to an unknown Urien). It implies that it is HARDER or in other words requires MORE EFFORT to achieve the same result. The reduction in simplicity would have to be huge for scrubs to start beating pros. However, it does decrease the skill gap and allows players who are a notch below the top players to stand a better chance.

    It's actually pretty basic logic. Try again. It's like me saying "riding a bike up hill is harder than riding a bike on flat ground" and you are basically saying "SO WHY AREN'T PEOPLE FALLING DOWN HILLS AND BREAKING THEIR LEGS!" You are taking what I said to a logical extreme instead of thinking things through.

    And actually Daigo said the exact same thing on the Topanga stream a couple weeks ago. He said he wishes they could do 3 out of 5 sets because it is harder to distinguish the better player in a simpler game.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    When the school-girl punk loli alt. drops for Juri, I think she'll finally be top tier.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,190
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    Reason4U wrote: »
    Your argument falls apart because as many others have stated WHERE ARE ALL THESE BAD PLAYERS BEATING LEGENDS?

    It doesnt happen in this game. Fuudo, Haitani, Gamerbee are all grown ass men and are some of the MOST consist players in SFV.

    Guys like Daigo and Infiltration have been getting bodied by character nerfs not scrubs.

    Reactions get you no where offline without frame data and match up knowledge. Then you need understanding of the game's systems and mechanic to put it into action.

    Um no sorry, your logic doesn't check out from even a basic mathematical standpoint.

    Arguing that easier games reduces skill differentials DOES NOT imply that random scrubs can beat top tier players (although Punk did lose to an unknown Urien). It implies that it is HARDER or in other words requires MORE EFFORT to achieve the same result. The reduction in simplicity would have to be huge for scrubs to start beating pros. However, it does decrease the skill gap and allows players who are a notch below the top players to stand a better chance.

    It's actually pretty basic logic. Try again. It's like me saying "riding a bike up hill is harder than riding a bike on flat ground" and you are basically saying "SO WHY AREN'T PEOPLE FALLING DOWN HILLS AND BREAKING THEIR LEGS!" You are taking what I said to a logical extreme instead of thinking things through.

    And actually Daigo said the exact same thing on the Topanga stream a couple weeks ago. He said he wishes they could do 3 out of 5 sets because it is harder to distinguish the better player in a simpler game.

    I was gonna let that part slide but......


    You know he went on to blitz through losers and then beat the guy with his own character right?
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    CFN: TWINBLADES
  • pootnanniespootnannies Homework Fighter V Joined: Posts: 3,033
    edited April 17
    Bill wrote: »
    Question: So why is the SRK undisputed best Urien, Balrog, and Laura? Yet tournament after tournament you consistently see a variety of players worldwide placing at the top with Necalli, Karin, Cammy, Mika, and to a lesser extent Guile? Is Punk confused about Karin being amazing?

    probably because the derp factor for those characters is even higher when online. even less reaction compared to irl.

    edit
    holy monkey balls this thread moves faster than SFV rollbacks
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

    “... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

    psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,380
    Quark wrote: »
    It's like shitposting, but smarter.

    in all seriousness, I don't know see challenging the validity of somebody's argument is a form of shitposting. It seems like we'd have higher quality discussions if people were less prone to weak arguments like "don't see balrog in top 8 so how can he be top tier?" or "Guile can zone out Gief so zoning is strong in this game!"

    I wasn't serious, chill
    On the other hand I think I inadvertently awakened the inner mathematician in LoyalSol :(
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    I was gonna let that part slide but......


    You know he went on to blitz through losers and then beat the guy with his own character right?

    And? What's your point exactly?
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    Process of elimination. If a game is easier it's likely either because it's executionally less demanding or it's less punishing for making poor decisions. SFV sure as shit isn't the latter.

    And you would be 100% wrong. What's with the mind readers on SRK all of a sudden? My Ex-Girlfriend wasn't even this intent on trying to read into my words.

    FYI yes it is the later. Because you can play extremely reckless and still get rewarded for it. If anything you have to play perfect to reign in the chaos.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,399
    Is April 17th the day that Dictator was originally born? Or the day his SFII body was cloned? Does he clone all of his bodies on April 17th? Or is April 17th the day he first used Psycho Power?

    Inquiring minds want to know.
  • FrozteyFroztey Cody Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 7,349
    quick post before this thread gets shut down.

    Hi guys, I'm on Civ V.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,865
    edited April 17
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So if you lower the basket on the court to be my height I guess I'm about to style on Kobe right? I mean the hoop is lower so clearly I'll make better shots and win right?


    But lets say you're partially right. Lets say lowering the hoop makes it easier for me to get cheap shots. How is that stopping Kobe from straight dunking on me? He has legacy skill that's been honed since he was a kid and you're telling me because I know how to shoot some hoops I'm gonna body him now?


    Like I said if some nobody from nowhere's land was running through pools and straight murdering niggas left and right I could see your point. Hell I'd even agree with it. but I have yet to see that. Sure some dude may get top 50 in pools that weren't relevant in 4 but that doesn't mean he's a scrub. Maybe he play Marvel or maybe he played SF2.


    I get what you're saying but I just can't agree with this mentality

    Considering lowering the hoop doesn't do anything to make it easier to make a basket since you still need the same accuracy that you did before, that's some really dumb reasoning.

    Make the hoop the size of the basket ball court. Tell me you couldn't make some shots with Kobe defending you.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
This discussion has been closed.