The Street Fighter V Lounge: We all gotta chill 'til the end of April

Comments

• riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,703
    ribu wrote: »
    Anyone wanna try a few games? Got about 30 minutes to kill.

I'm down...lol

Send an invite to LordWilliam1234 then.

My bad...always leave character select off...
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,984 mod
    Froztey wrote: »
    Alex and Juri hidden gems S2 -

DevilJin01

2.1 it's on.

Dhalsim and Birdie are ok.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,052 mod

DevilJin01

2.1 it's on.

Put your OG stars on the line.

I'm sure Preppy will gladly turn you into a peasant again if neither Alex and Juri win a CPT event. I'll put whatever on the line.

It's time to stop your madness Jin.

DevilJin01

2.1 it's on.

I'm sure Preppy will gladly turn you into a peasant again if neither Alex and Juri win a CPT event. I'll put whatever on the line.

Most times when powerful things occur, they start out as madness, as impossibilities. Marvel wasn't going to happen, couldn't happen, shouldn't happen, but I heard, I saw the evidence and it came.

Juri should win a CPT event this season. Junkyard Man already winning non CPT stuff and he isn't much better or worse than she is. Hsien Chang went out to one event and blew up quite a few CPT winning people with a Juri so weak that it really shouldn't have been possible. Now she's at 2 rounds of buffs going into 2.1.

Alex I just think will be more competitive this season. He's got enough meat on the bones to do some work now.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Za FuuruZa Fuuru Joined: Posts: 210
    I told them to all start playing Weeb Masher 5000 but they wouldn't listen.

I dont know if you understand what labor strike is. If they don't like the game they should do something.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,626

DevilJin01

2.1 it's on.

Most times when powerful things occur, they start out as madness, as impossibilities. Marvel wasn't going to happen, couldn't happen, shouldn't happen, but I heard, I saw the evidence and it came.

Juri should win a CPT event this season. Junkyard Man already winning non CPT stuff and he isn't much better or worse than she is. Hsien Chang went out to one event and blew up quite a few CPT winning people with a Juri so weak that it really shouldn't have been possible. Now she's at 2 rounds of buffs going into 2.1.

Alex I just think will be more competitive this season. He's got enough meat on the bones to do some work now.

Za Fuuru wrote: »
    I told them to all start playing Weeb Masher 5000 but they wouldn't listen.

I dont know if you understand what labor strike is. If they don't like the game they should do something.

These are fighting gamers. Not truck drivers.

I believe some crazy things (like Marvel coming back), but I'ma have to get the Costco bulk pack of Kool Aid to drink enough for this Dhalsim shit. Good shit Marn.

• HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,691
    edited April 5
    Quark wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    They should just make your rank decay over time if you arent playing. Now you arent sitting on 7500 or whatever. You'd lose it by not playing, so you may as well play and see what happens.

Tho saying this id be bronze for sure. I only play ranked once in a while when im too lazy to go outside and get kicked in the nuts.

that's much too punishing for players who can't or don't want to play ranked all the time. sure it might lead to higher ranked participation in the short term but in the long term it will discourage people from returning to the game. discouraging returning players make no sense to me.

The model exists already. In the game they took all the other league divisions and lp ideas from. Why should sfv be different here?
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 4,125
    edited April 5
    I whole heartedly support back teledash, if only for the visual consistency
    They should just make your rank decay over time if you arent playing. Now you arent sitting on 7500 or whatever. You'd lose it by not playing, so you may as well play and see what happens.

Tho saying this id be bronze for sure. I only play ranked once in a while when im too lazy to go outside and get kicked in the nuts.

that's much too punishing for players who can't or don't want to play ranked all the time. sure it might lead to higher ranked participation in the short term but in the long term it will discourage people from returning to the game. discouraging returning players make no sense to me.

The model exists already. In the game they took all the other league divisions and lp ideas from. Why should sfv be different here?

the fact that it was copied from another game (I assume you're referring to LoL?) doesn't change the fact that I think it's a bad idea. I already explained why.
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,722
    edited April 5
    I'd say Juri is roughly Vega tier. Solid but lacking in adequate grime/big momentum swing potential.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,691
    edited April 5
    I whole heartedly support back teledash, if only for the visual consistency

the fact that it was copied from another game (I assume you're referring to LoL?) doesn't change the fact that I think it's a bad idea. I already explained why.

Yeah LoL and Overwatch i think both have it.

I just dont think it discourages people any more than artificial milestones where people quit anyway. The decay even bottoms out at a point. Say theoretically it wont decay past plat.

At least with decay you have a living leaderboard and an idea of where you actually stack up against active players.
    edited April 5
    The face of a man we can trust.

When the Fake News puts Laura and Cammy in top 2, you know who to look for. Who to turn to for credible placings of under the radar top characters. Yes, Sim requires work and is not easy to play. With effort though the possibilities are limitless.

rHpFiDbD.jpg

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,447
    GGs @ribu. Sorry to bail after one FT5 but as I said, I only had 30 minutes to kill as of typing that. :sweat:

...I have no idea how to approach a lot of situations without a fireball. Normally if Sim's limbs are being a nuisance I toss a fireball so I can start baiting his other shenanigans (or just get him to start looking for a fireball so he'll stop throwing limbs out so often). Just gotta get used to that I guess.

Walking out of range and jabbing every limb was cool but that damage ain't worth it. :arazz:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
    edited April 5
    Nah decay makes it too much like a job where you have to play to maintain your status. I mean yeah I get the point but that shit is annoying as hell. Having some type of punishment for not playing a game is dumb to me.

Just have Season resets. Best of both worlds.
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,703
    GGs @ribu. Sorry to bail after one FT5 but as I said, I only had 30 minutes to kill as of typing that. :sweat:

...I have no idea how to approach a lot of situations without a fireball. Normally if Sim's limbs are being a nuisance I toss a fireball so I can start baiting his other shenanigans (or just get him to start looking for a fireball so he'll stop throwing limbs out so often). Just gotta get used to that I guess.

Walking out of range and jabbing every limb was cool but that damage ain't worth it. :arazz:

Its all good. Was sort of rollbacking off and on for me...just just be one of those days lol.
    I noticed that seemed to be getting you a lot, but you seemed to have some okay ideas for me just mashing sMP lol...
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,861
    Decay is pointless because if you stay put your rank goes down anyway since everyone else is gonna get ahead of you.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
    Vhozite wrote: »
    I'd say Juri is roughly Vega tier. Solid but lacking in adequate grime/big momentum swing potential.

At least Juri players can possibly admit she is solid. Don't think Vega players will ever admit Vega is solid. Mainly because they know if they do it'll work against them and they won't get anymore buffs.

I told you. Vega players are the ultimate in downplay. They will shroud themselves in hopelessness to receive the largest amount of buffs possible. Even Nash players must be sickened by this.

• crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY MADE FOUR MOTHERFUCKERS RAGEQUIT IN CASUALS TONIGHT!!!! YES, YES!!!!!

THIS
    IS
    DELICIOUS
    E
    L
    I
    C
    I
    O
    U
    S
    !!!!!!!!!
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,447
    ribu wrote: »
    I noticed that seemed to be getting you a lot, but you seemed to have some okay ideas for me just mashing sMP lol...

Dhalsim always throws me off 'cause he doesn't play the game like other SF characters, which leads to me playing dumb (or dumber you could argue :sweat: ) trying to figure out the best plan of approach. Despite being defensive by nature patience isn't my strong suit :rofl:

What I should do though is walk forward and just cannon spike every float, I'm pretty sure the angle is perfect for hitting you out of those...just wasn't doing it.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,626
    Ok in persona 5, one of the high school students is going out with one of the teachers

this is gotta be weird even by japanese standards right?
    I told you. Vega players are the ultimate in downplay. They will shroud themselves in hopelessness to receive the largest amount of buffs possible. Even Nash players must be sickened by this.

Yeah Vega mains downplay hard no lie. But at the same time when a lot of people who don't use him talk about him they often have no idea what they are actually talking about.

He's in this weird spot where it's hard to gauge his potiential honestly because you can't trust what 99% of people say about him lol.
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument Yo, this old man's a lancer. My real name is Hector. Have you heard of it? No? Well, nice to meet ya Joined: Posts: 1,926
    persona 5

YOU BASH GUILTY GEAR BUT YOU PLAY THE EVEN MORE WEEB PERSONA 5?!?!

YOU HYPOCRITE!

But Persona is actually fun?
    Stay golden, my friend!
    Dime_x wrote: »
    Our best player out here in Perth is a super diamond dhalsim. Check out his first match in the set with him versus a 14k ibuki "iamsyo" laugh at the second round LOL combo he does.

The sims name is "th3fackingking" he's ranked like in the 300's and wins almost all of the tournies out here in Perth. He went to Asia and did so well that he got a sponsorship from viewsonic and now has free monitors and stuff from them.

Doesn't mean sim is great but he seems to have merit.

He is walking evidence of what Marn has projected.

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,197
    Ok in persona 5, one of the high school students is going out with one of the teachers

this is gotta be weird even by japanese standards right?

I think it is illegal in Japan.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    Street fighter V Sakura/Kolin/Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ 16/17/Hit

• Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 7,839
    Me and Marn think alike.

Not sure if that's a good thing
    Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is the best game of our next generation.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,475
    It's a terrible thing....
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 7,839
    Marn smart. Kolin is on the list..she's right above Guile and Sim but he ran out of room
    Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is the best game of our next generation.
This discussion has been closed.