The Street Fighter V Lounge: We all gotta chill 'til the end of April

Comments

• Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 282
    Yes keep downplaying Juri. Let Capcom make her so strong. That SFV becomes Juri Fighters V
    Mary for Street Fighter V

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "It's the ULTIMATE REAL FICTION!" Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Trife88 wrote: »
    Me and Marn think alike.

Not sure if that's a good thing

Your metamorphosis is beginning

soon you will take on his other abilities...

I feel awful for laughing.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    After two ranked matches I'm already getting repeats...
    I'm not encountering that issue at all. I think that may be because my PSN+ expired a couple of days ago so take my experience with SFV online with a grain of salt.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • Za FuuruZa Fuuru Joined: Posts: 202
    These are fighting gamers. Not truck drivers.

Now what? That's their job. If they refuse to play, Capcom is forced to change something.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,764
    Dime_x wrote: »
    Our best player out here in Perth is a super diamond dhalsim. Check out his first match in the set with him versus a 14k ibuki "iamsyo" laugh at the second round LOL combo he does.

The sims name is "th3fackingking" he's ranked like in the 300's and wins almost all of the tournies out here in Perth. He went to Asia and did so well that he got a sponsorship from viewsonic and now has free monitors and stuff from them.

Doesn't mean sim is great but he seems to have merit.

The tournies in Perth that have 12 people in them....
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 4,069
    Our best player out here in Perth is a super diamond dhalsim. Check out his first match in the set with him versus a 14k ibuki "iamsyo" laugh at the second round LOL combo he does.

The sims name is "th3fackingking" he's ranked like in the 300's and wins almost all of the tournies out here in Perth. He went to Asia and did so well that he got a sponsorship from viewsonic and now has free monitors and stuff from them.

still, it's pretty impressive that he got a sponsorship so quickly
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,764
    edited April 5
    Quark wrote: »

still, it's pretty impressive that he got a sponsorship so quickly

I seriously doubt it's a sponsorship, more like he got a free T-shirt at an event. Human Bomb wasn't even sponsored when he lived in Australia and top players like Somniac used to go to Asian events and are at least - 18.5 times better than him. Think bout that for a second. There is the fact I don't particularly get on with him (because I called him out on some bullshit), so my view point will be sceptical. Is there some way you can verify that Dime?

Last time I talked to him a few months ago he didn't know what frame data was. View-sonic sales down.....

Personally on the Dhalsim thing, you can't be top tier if you get your shit pushed in sideway's from a handful of characters. At best you're mid-tier with "potential".
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Don't doubt Marn.

He foresees
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,735
    edited April 5

I haven't seen the monitors so can't verify. The latest tournies are getting up in the 30 people range though.

But I mean small tournie or not.. 22k lp. I'm not saying plus or minus about his skill... 22k lp says it all if you think points matter.

Also @everyone else... highland and this sim have beef as bad as kbrad and wolfkrone :) not that that matters, but yeah, Perth shit like any local has beefs and rivalries.

Also highland, he won the sf4 tournie as well against Damo...

-edit and yeah he still has no idea what a frame data is :rofl:
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,200
    Lol, I can't imagine highland beefing with anyone.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 823
    edited April 5
    Dhalsim will be the secret top tier of season 2.5 with his new low forward. He will effectively become the best shoto character in SFV.

You heard it here folks! :*
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Trying really hard Joined: Posts: 7,773
    I come back to five new pages and thought something mightvs happened. Silly me.
    CFN: SpitefulBanette
    the low forward is quite a hefty buff given that it has decent range, is cancellable, and is -1 o/b (according to tool assisted). might even link in to some useful stuff on CH.

the top tier talk is obvious trolling, but yeah I'm really happy with this buff
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 823
    I come back to five new pages and thought something mightvs happened. Silly me.

Dhalsim is top tier; That is news.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,029
    edited April 5
    Well, now we know who Marn struggles against. ;)

Social Media era of FGC is the disinformation era of FGC.

So much straight bullshit, downplaying and up-playing, good luck disentangling all this shit.

Gootecks and Mike Ross too busy spending almost 10 minutes doing an infomercial for mattresses in the middle of Excellent Adventures, sneaking it in Ninja style.

And fools spending all their time transcribing frame data like Chartreusian monks but without mah fireballz I can't win.

Meanwhile everyone online thinks they're a god just by picking Rog at the character select screen and breaking joysticks against their dome and QQing in casuals against my "scrub" "base gold" Bison.

Whatever, FGC.

P.S. - "I plaklis much fo tadei, tadei I badi all!"
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,735
    I feel like giving a "rise up" to that meme is most appropriate.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    sim could actually become top tier in S3 if capcom over-nerfs S2's top tiers... that's the upside of having disproportionately bad matchups against strong characters. you stand the most to gain from a tier shuffle.

necalli, cammy, and rashid are likely to stay strong based on capcom's record of favoring these characters, though
    Oh yeah just realized we're on the last 100 pages of this thread. Man feels like we just started a new one.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    Got freed up by an ibuki; looks like an OG player. jinomen.

Neato.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,713
    edited April 5
    Eh, this one hasn't been as bad as the previous thread...

And yeah, this thread is only 2 months old. Damn.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "It's the ULTIMATE REAL FICTION!" Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Eh, this one hasn't been as bad as the previous thread...

And yeah, this thread is only 2 months old. Damn.

Time flies by when you're having fun in the sun.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,008 mod
    And I lost my first cammy mirror of the day. need that runback though; dude got lucky with some wack ass play.

My fault for letting it happen though.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    This thread is not fun. This thread is full of rage and sadness.

Rage is our bread. My rage in this game still hasnt approached the sodium levels I had in SF4. I'm still on my first controller for this game as opposed to my fourth during SF4's lifespan.
    You know practising in training room trying to recognise the muscle memory for Laura's dash and elbow 50/50 from a grab, it came to me that there's not much point in stopping things with a single jab. You are going to hit them regardless, with Ryu I might as well go st.mp - Target combo at a very minimum if I'm going to gamble on a button because lets face it you're going to either hit her or not her, so if you're just guessing instead of reacting (what I'm trying to do here) you might as well pick a combo. Like any character might as well go - button xx special buffer.

Are other people doing this and I'm being a spastic?
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,694
    edited April 5
    YYEAAAHHH BUDDY

dancing-monkeys-o.gif

latest?cb=20100413111702latest?cb=20100413111702latest?cb=20100413111702

Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • Bravo!Bravo! Joined: Posts: 169
    Matches(ft5) anyone?
This discussion has been closed.