The Street Fighter V Lounge: We all gotta chill 'til the end of April

1495496497498499501»

Comments

  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,461
    Is April 17th the day that Dictator was originally born? Or the day his SFII body was cloned? Does he clone all of his bodies on April 17th? Or is April 17th the day he first used Psycho Power?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Just ask @Daemos I'm sure he has the answer.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 3,868
    Well, shit.
    Within the dream, he stayed.

    "Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • NiiobuNiiobu Joined: Posts: 1,014
    We going for 1k!!!
    Freeobu
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,391
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So if you lower the basket on the court to be my height I guess I'm about to style on Kobe right? I mean the hoop is lower so clearly I'll make better shots and win right?


    But lets say you're partially right. Lets say lowering the hoop makes it easier for me to get cheap shots. How is that stopping Kobe from straight dunking on me? He has legacy skill that's been honed since he was a kid and you're telling me because I know how to shoot some hoops I'm gonna body him now?


    Like I said if some nobody from nowhere's land was running through pools and straight murdering niggas left and right I could see your point. Hell I'd even agree with it. but I have yet to see that. Sure some dude may get top 50 in pools that weren't relevant in 4 but that doesn't mean he's a scrub. Maybe he play Marvel or maybe he played SF2.


    I get what you're saying but I just can't agree with this mentality

    Considering lowering the hoop doesn't do anything to make it easier to make a basket since you still need the same accuracy that you did before, that's some really dumb reasoning.

    Make the hoop the size of the basket ball court. Tell me you couldn't make some shots with Kobe defending you.

    So SFV is hoop so large that now it's easy for Joe down the street to win? I just don't see it man.

    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,432
    edited April 17
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    Process of elimination. If a game is easier it's likely either because it's executionally less demanding or it's less punishing for making poor decisions. SFV sure as shit isn't the latter.

    And you would be 100% wrong. What's with the mind readers on SRK all of a sudden? My Ex-Girlfriend wasn't even this intent on trying to read into my words.

    FYI yes it is the later. Because you can play extremely reckless and still get rewarded for it. If anything you have to play perfect to reign in the chaos.

    I don't really see all this "playing reckless" in SF5 (which is kinda a shame, I'd really like to see more craziness). Indeed, people tend to play very safe because they know the opponent can get massive conversions off a single mistake. You didn't block low once against Balrog? Too bad, you're eating 25% damage into a reset into more damage.
    Wasn't a main complaint of this thread that VT activations were too safe on blocked normals?

    edit- oh god, Pertho's gonna get fired
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,391
    edited April 17
    Okay time to post some Juri pics!!!!!
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,296
    Froztey wrote: »
    quick post before this thread gets shut down.

    Hi guys, I'm on Civ V.

    What mods you use?
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,179
    Anyone else in the Lounge play FF14?
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    T7:Katarina,Bob. Xrd:Jack-o.I2:Superman,Black Adam.
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,985
    ribu wrote: »
    Anyone else in the Lounge play FF14?

    I do but I'm a slowpoke and am mainly just enjoying the story. too much MMO fatigue from WoW to bother with the end game raiding portion at the moment.

    I really want to finish heavensward before stormblood comes out, I'm only 53 at the moment so I better hurry up...
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,770
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So if you lower the basket on the court to be my height I guess I'm about to style on Kobe right? I mean the hoop is lower so clearly I'll make better shots and win right?


    But lets say you're partially right. Lets say lowering the hoop makes it easier for me to get cheap shots. How is that stopping Kobe from straight dunking on me? He has legacy skill that's been honed since he was a kid and you're telling me because I know how to shoot some hoops I'm gonna body him now?


    Like I said if some nobody from nowhere's land was running through pools and straight murdering niggas left and right I could see your point. Hell I'd even agree with it. but I have yet to see that. Sure some dude may get top 50 in pools that weren't relevant in 4 but that doesn't mean he's a scrub. Maybe he play Marvel or maybe he played SF2.


    I get what you're saying but I just can't agree with this mentality

    Considering lowering the hoop doesn't do anything to make it easier to make a basket since you still need the same accuracy that you did before, that's some really dumb reasoning.

    Make the hoop the size of the basket ball court. Tell me you couldn't make some shots with Kobe defending you.

    So SFV is hoop so large that now it's easy for Joe down the street to win? I just don't see it man.

    SFV hoop so large, 80% of its playerbase can't shoot a lay-up consistently though. Kek
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,903
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So SFV is hoop so large that now it's easy for Joe down the street to win? I just don't see it man.

    No I didn't say SF5 was a court sized hoop. You can't seem to follow anything I'm saying without making connections I never said.

    I'm pointing out that as you make a game easier and easier skill differentials are less pronounced. It's not impossible for someone to win at an easier game, but the difference between two players of different skill levels is much smaller. That's the point I'm getting at.

    Hell if we want to take it to the extreme. Let's say I change the game of basketball where the entire floor is the hoop. You have to stop me from dropping the basketball. If the basket ball hits the floor it counts as a 3 pointer. And we are playing on a regulation size basketball court and all the standard basketball fouls apply.

    Do you honestly expect even someone as good as Kobe to be able to be as dominant at that as a game of 1 on 1 with a normal basketball rule set and normal basket?

    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,657
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Okay time to post some Juri pics!!!!!

    ...you could at least lead with one of your own...
    juri_sfv_by_darkereve-da9igt2.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,770
    In before people post selfies with their Juri body pillows.
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,179
    Quark wrote: »
    ribu wrote: »
    Anyone else in the Lounge play FF14?

    I do but I'm a slowpoke and am mainly just enjoying the story. too much MMO fatigue from WoW to bother with the end game raiding portion at the moment.

    I really want to finish heavensward before stormblood comes out, I'm only 53 at the moment so I better hurry up...

    Same lol. I always play around the story until an expansion is on the way. I'll probably have to rush through with the pace im going.
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    T7:Katarina,Bob. Xrd:Jack-o.I2:Superman,Black Adam.
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,682
    LoyalSol wrote: »

    Um no sorry, your logic doesn't check out from even a basic mathematical standpoint.

    Arguing that easier games reduces skill differentials DOES NOT imply that random scrubs can beat top tier players (although Punk did lose to an unknown Urien). It implies that it is HARDER or in other words requires MORE EFFORT to achieve the same result. The reduction in simplicity would have to be huge for scrubs to start beating pros. However, it does decrease the skill gap and allows players who are a notch below the top players to stand a better chance. . it is harder to distinguish the better player in a simpler game.

    Your logic isn't logic.

    You're just saying SFV is easier without providing ANY real explanation for that stance.

    I haven't seen any below top tier players beating top guys. Until you have some real evidence of this besides Punk sandbagging then going on to WIN the tournament you are talking out of your ass.

    The same guys in SF4 who are on top are on top in SFV now but with new players joining them at the top. It's always been that way with every new game that followed SF2.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,770
    amrraed wrote: »
    We made it!

    A promise is a promise.
    big_ass_phat_ass_latino_by_andyhsu666666-dai2a04.jpg
    Trife88 wrote: »
    I'M GOING SUPER DIAMOND RANK
    LTQXodu.jpg
    WITH LAURA

    17555583_10155338880849448_1948717180_n.jpg?oh=f74a68f159d85d220693deed8404b2b8&oe=58F6AD44

    Eagle confirmed????
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,296
    Vega escapes the corner for free please nerf
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 8,432
    Quark wrote: »
    ribu wrote: »
    Anyone else in the Lounge play FF14?

    I do but I'm a slowpoke and am mainly just enjoying the story. too much MMO fatigue from WoW to bother with the end game raiding portion at the moment.

    I really want to finish heavensward before stormblood comes out, I'm only 53 at the moment so I better hurry up...

    I read "KOF14" instead of "FF14" and for a moment this post confused me a lot.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie [Xrd] Leo
    [BBCF] Bullet [T7] Claudio
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 18
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So SFV is hoop so large that now it's easy for Joe down the street to win? I just don't see it man.

    No I didn't say SF5 was a court sized hoop. You can't seem to follow anything I'm saying without making connections I never said.

    I'm pointing out that as you make a game easier and easier skill differentials are less pronounced. It's not impossible for someone to win at an easier game, but the difference between two players of different skill levels is much smaller. That's the point I'm getting at.

    Hell if we want to take it to the extreme. Let's say I change the game of basketball where the entire floor is the hoop. You have to stop me from dropping the basketball. If the basket ball hits the floor it counts as a 3 pointer. And we are playing on a regulation size basketball court and all the standard basketball fouls apply.

    Do you honestly expect even someone as good as Kobe to be able to be as dominant at that as a game of 1 on 1 with a normal basketball rule set and normal basket?

    All of these analogies don't really relate that well to SF or fighting games in general because they are quite different strategically and what is important to do or know.


    The majority of currently played fighting games are very chaotic and the "non chaotic/slower" games are slowly going away. Even in other "solid" fighting games like CVS2 and Alpha 2, the meter creates the ability to do very chaotic things that can also steal rounds and matches.

    SFIV was very spacing oriented when it could be, but there was enough outliers and things like vortexes and setplay among other characters where you really only got it sometimes instead of all of the time. I personally like that the pace and momentum of SFV is more along that of other games while still not having any characters that are uncontrollable as Seth or El Fuerte. The game in general is a bit more chaotic, but you don't have crazy outliers like in IV.

    Even not talking about IV or V the majority of currently played Evo games are rather chaotic or based heavily on momentum.

    Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

    BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI


    SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

    KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

    SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

    3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

    If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

    PSN: PervyJin01

    CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

  • amrraedamrraed Can't contain the Thickness Joined: Posts: 3,941
    edited April 17
    amrraed wrote: »
    We made it!

    A promise is a promise.
    big_ass_phat_ass_latino_by_andyhsu666666-dai2a04.jpg
    Trife88 wrote: »
    I'M GOING SUPER DIAMOND RANK
    LTQXodu.jpg
    WITH LAURA

    17555583_10155338880849448_1948717180_n.jpg?oh=f74a68f159d85d220693deed8404b2b8&oe=58F6AD44

    Eagle confirmed????

    Nope This is a representation of me being impressed by men of great culture such as Lord William and Lord Trife. Fellow gentlemen have showed true understanding of humanity and that is worthy of acclaim.

    The last pic by Lord Williams is truly the last thing i needed to see before going to bed. Now I have something good to dream about before waking up to yet another Monday morning....ugh.

    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    CFN: Thxymora
    Street Fighter 5 is everything and its opposite depending on who you are asking.

  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,985
    edited April 18
    The majority of currently played fighting games are very chaotic and the "non chaotic/slower" games are slowly going away.

    49373.png
    amrraed wrote: »

    Nope This is a representation of me being impressed by men of great culture such as Lord William and Lord Trife. Fellow gentlemen have showed true understanding of humanity and that is worthy of acclaim.

    yall act like you couldn't just google "booty pic" and get 10000 results like that
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,657
    edited April 18
    ...alright, I think I've fulfilled my booty quota. Time for fighting game jokes.


    Quark wrote: »
    yall act like you couldn't just google "booty pic" and get 10000 results like that

    For the record I did not use google images for any of those pics. :razz:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Left behind Joined: Posts: 2,652
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 53,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 18
    Reason4U wrote: »
    I haven't seen any below top tier players beating top guys. Until you have some real evidence of this besides Punk sandbagging then going on to WIN the tournament you are talking out of your ass.


    I thought everyone could tell that was a sandbag with one of the worse characters vs one of the best. I guess not. Not considering the guy he lost to was a Diamond rank online. Not a Super Silver pool monster or anything. Was beating Poongko and other players in the team tournament as well.

    Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

    BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI


    SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

    KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

    SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

    3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

    If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

    PSN: PervyJin01

    CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,903
    edited April 18
    Reason4U wrote: »
    Your logic isn't logic.

    Considering your arguments have been pretty bad I'm not sure I want to be going by your logic.
    Reason4U wrote: »
    You're just saying SFV is easier without providing ANY real explanation for that stance.

    Because no one has asked? I've been talking about how easier games makes skill differentials smaller as a generality, though yes I do believe SF5 in Season 2 requires significantly less skill if you play the right characters.

    Those are two different statements you know.

    But it's funny you act like this is such a controversial opinion considering a huge number of top players have said it. Daigo's said it, PR Rog's said it, Snake Eyez has said it, Gamer Bee's said it, Infiltrations said it, Phenom said it. I'm far from the only one with that opinion.
    Reason4U wrote: »
    I haven't seen any below top tier players beating top guys. Until you have some real evidence of this besides Punk sandbagging then going on to WIN the tournament you are talking out of your ass.

    The same guys in SF4 who are on top are on top in SFV now but with new players joining them at the top. It's always been that way with every new game that followed SF2.

    It's the same group, but in terms of who is consistently landing at the top spots it isn't the same guys. There's been a large amount of shifting in the top spots. In fact even from Season 1 to Season 2 it's become a radically different group.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,657
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Stahp LordWilliam1234

    Wimp. :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,391
    LoyalSol wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    So SFV is hoop so large that now it's easy for Joe down the street to win? I just don't see it man.

    No I didn't say SF5 was a court sized hoop. You can't seem to follow anything I'm saying without making connections I never said.

    I'm pointing out that as you make a game easier and easier skill differentials are less pronounced. It's not impossible for someone to win at an easier game, but the difference between two players of different skill levels is much smaller. That's the point I'm getting at.

    Hell if we want to take it to the extreme. Let's say I change the game of basketball where the entire floor is the hoop. You have to stop me from dropping the basketball. If the basket ball hits the floor it counts as a 3 pointer. And we are playing on a regulation size basketball court and all the standard basketball fouls apply.

    Do you honestly expect even someone as good as Kobe to be able to be as dominant at that as a game of 1 on 1 with a normal basketball rule set and normal basket?

    You: Game is easy so pros lose

    Me: Naw, I haven't see Joe win. Still same guys different game

    You: Naw I'm not saying that about SFV I'm just saying it's easier now.

    Me: Okay but that doesn't change anything, pros still win

    You: Dude you aren't getting what I'm saying, I'm saying the game is eazieeeer

    Me: ...... I know..... I'm just saying the pros are still winning because it's easier for everyone....

    You: I can't react to EX SB this game a shit!!!!


    Me: The fuck
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,606 mod
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
This discussion has been closed.