Funny character interactions/special intros...

PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,984
Just for the heck of it, let's think up some funny dialogue between characters. Anything goes, just picture any Marvel/Capcom character you want being in the game and describe something funny that could happen.

If Deadpool is on a team with a lawyer character (She-Hulk, Phoenix Wright or Daredevil) and he faces off against Gwenpool, he says to her something like "Me and my attorney are putting an end to your copyright infringement... with extreme prejudice!"

Comments

• Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,106
    wishful thinking but i hope they put more effort into special dialogue and add special animations too like characters interacting with one another
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,150 mod
    Didn't they already do this in 3? At least in terms of having unique lines.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Oh! Ecstasy! Joined: Posts: 5,759
    Yeah, MVC3 had great interactions between certain characters.

I'm sure it'll return in Infinite. Especially with the emphasis on story.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,984
    d3v wrote: »

I'm proposing they up the antenna by having actual special animations instead of just lines of dialogue.
    edited March 2
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

I'm proposing they up the antenna by having actual special animations instead of just lines of dialogue.

Probably not going to happen. Unlike with sprites, which simply use unique frames of animation, doing so in 3D would require changing the cinematic script; changing camera angles, etc. A bit too much work for something that most people will skip after the first time they see it.

I mean, look at games like UMvC3 and MKX which do unique intro animations, all of them simply change the dialogue without changing the animation.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 1,540
    UMVC3 had different intro and win pose voice lines, different quotes and some interaction when tagging out, more noticeable with Akuma and Hulk.
    I don't know if intro interactions would work, because you can move before the fight starts. Maybe team interactions, like SFxT? But those only happened with "official" teams, like Ryu/Ken.
    edited March 2
    willseless wrote: »
    UMVC3 had different intro and win pose voice lines, different quotes and some interaction when tagging out, more noticeable with Akuma and Hulk.
    I don't know if intro interactions would work, because you can move before the fight starts. Maybe team interactions, like SFxT? But those only happened with "official" teams, like Ryu/Ken.
    Might be more doable, since you don't have to break the sequence of "camera pans on player 1, then camera pans on player 2".
    Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited March 2

Probably not going to happen. Unlike with sprites, which simply use unique frames of animation, doing so in 3D would require changing the cinematic script; changing camera angles, etc. A bit too much work for something that most people will skip after the first time they see it.

So what? They did it in SFXT. This isn't really a barrier.

They don't have to break the sequence. They can create the animations with the panning camera in mind. This is easily doable.

They don't have to break the sequence. They can create the animations with the panning camera in mind. This is easily doable.

SFxT's doesn't break the "camera on player 1 then cut to player 2" sequence.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,204

Considering PSYCH0J0SH was suggesting special intros if you have two specific characters on your team I don't think his suggestion breaks that either.

As I said, camera placement isn't really an issue. Animations are typically designed around where the camera is placed. Also, you don't know that they're not going to be using jump cuts, but it's irrelevant either way.
    I think both ways are doable if they want to. In fact, I'll be disappointed if they don't make team intros, since they went back to 2v2 and tagging to highlight the team aspect of the game.
    And rival interactions could be some quick stuff, like X and Iron-man firing at each other like in the trailer, then they are blasted into initial position, the FIGHHHHT! screen happens and you are moving before the fight as usual. Hulk and Haggar do some power struggle like in UMVC3 promotional stuff, Deadpool and Dante shoots at each other and things like that. The only thing stopping them is creativity.
    And rival interactions could be some quick stuff, like X and Iron-man firing at each other like in the trailer, then they are blasted into initial position, the FIGHHHHT! screen happens and you are moving before the fight as usual. Hulk and Haggar do some power struggle like in UMVC3 promotional stuff, Deadpool and Dante shoots at each other and things like that. The only thing stopping them is creativity.

As stated, this is likely not going to happen, as it goes against the traditional "camera on player 1, then camera on player 2" template. Remember, the reason it was easier to do these in the older games was because there wasn't any camera work to consider.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited March 7

As stated, this is likely not going to happen, as it goes against the traditional "camera on player 1, then camera on player 2" template. Remember, the reason it was easier to do these in the older games was because there wasn't any camera work to consider.

You don't know that it's going to be like that for this game. And even if it is, that's not really a barrier. They could just replace the normal intros with a special one for certain matchups.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,564

You don't know that it's going to be like that for this game. And even if it is, that's not really a barrier. They could just replace the normal intros with a special one for certain matchups.

That's how it's been for every Capcom fighter after they switched to 3D. Why would this game be any different?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr

That's how it's been for every Capcom fighter after they switched to 3D. Why would this game be any different?
    Not just Capcom, NRS does the same thing for their pre-match character interactions/dialogue as well.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,017
    Seems like special intro animations is just way too much work for something people will skip 99% of the time.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,226
    Seems like special intro animations is just way too much work for something people will skip 99% of the time.

ArcSys says otherwise
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited March 9

Why wouldn't it?

This is a new game. There's nothing in their design document that says "we absolutely MUST do it this way".
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,017
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

ArcSys says otherwise

I wouldn't know because I always skip the intro.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 386
    edited March 13
    If Deadpool gets into the game, I hope his special intro w/ Captain America subtly references the state of said character in the comics right now.

DP: "Punching Hydra soldiers in the face is fun, this ought to be fun too!"

Cap: "...What on earth are you talking about Wade?"

Rip sig.
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 683
    How would this work in a 2v2 fighter?
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 1,792
    It's okay for me in a crossover that they do the usual like in MVC3 just conversation.
    Arcade Mode Concepts and Designs - Better than traditional Arcade Mode
    Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type
    Character Wishlist SFV and MVCi
    My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    I don't know, one of the things i did like about Street Fighter x Tekken was the team specific intros.
  • Viewtiful_JewViewtiful_Jew Profound badness Joined: Posts: 54
    I was just thinking along those lines. One of my favorite interactions was the intro between Joe and Dante in MvC3. Like, yeah. They are cool. They do actually know eachother. If the two of them had a custom intro of Dante just chillin' while Joe poses all over and makes an ass of himself, I'd be beside myself.
    edited April 2
    I think Dante would join him in the cool posing. They'd try to be synchronized but Joe would fuck it up somehow, like stubbing his toe or choking on a bug by accident.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,282

ArcSys says otherwise
    What game of theirs has special intros?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,431
    edited April 19
    Although I'd love to see special intros, I doubt the developers love their game that much to care. Dialogue change is enough for them. It's not even like we need anything fancy. The simple fist bump and headlock of Ryu and Ken was Enough in Alpha and would be here.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • GitsumGitsum Joined: Posts: 73
    Jill: Are you a member of...

Leon: S.T.A.R.SSSSSSS?
    Gitsum!
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 854
    funny dialogue between characters

The thing about funny dialogue is that it should only be used by characters with a sense of humor. Ryu or Dr. Strange saying something funny doesn't work, because that would be out of character. I'm not seeing too many characters with that kind of personality. Other unique interactions could be had though.
    Greenwood wrote: »

The thing about funny dialogue is that it should only be used by characters with a sense of humor. Ryu or Dr. Strange saying something funny doesn't work, because that would be out of character. I'm not seeing too many characters with that kind of personality. Other unique interactions could be had though.

It doesn't have to be directly funny, like Ryu wouldn't be saying "So a guy and an alligator walk into a bar..."

It would just be funny because of their interactions.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,564
    edited April 26
    Greenwood wrote: »

Humor wouldn't be out of character for Strange. He Indulges in dry humor.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    9. Characters have contextual lines in the character select screen depending on who they’re partnered with, as well as before and after matches.

There ya go.
    I really love that. Should make for some interesting dialogue.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,415
    I want the DLC characters to say "Thank you for your purchase, don't forget to get the premium costumes!"
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,226

ArcSys says otherwise
    What game of theirs has special intros?

BlazBlue has actual special intros, Xrd has just the special quotes
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    9. Characters have contextual lines in the character select screen depending on who they’re partnered with, as well as before and after matches.

There ya go.

I love it. Looking forward to seeing that in action. Especially with parings of Marvel and Capcom characters.
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 257

They could make character introductions, etc. unskippable like SNK had done with KOF XIV.
    Loghorn wrote: »

They could make character introductions, etc. unskippable like SNK had done with KOF XIV.

KOFXIV's pre-match interactions/dialogue also never plays in versus mode.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• 16!16! Joined: Posts: 41
    Carnage win quote if he's on point at the end of the match and Wolverine was killed last "I'm the best there is at what you do, that's why they call me Carnage!"

Ironman after beating X "Nice armor, who makes your upgrades" [or something to that extent]

Sigma to Zero before the match "But, you're the last of the Dr.'s creations, Join me Zero, it's your destiny."
    Zero: Destiny or not, I still don't like you and I'll take you down maverick

Ryu to X after a match: I sense the hado in you, but you're just a machine? [in reference to the secret Hadouken and Shoryuken capsules from Megaman X 1 and 2... I really hope A. X can straight up throw hadoukens and do shoryukens or B. Ryu makes a reference to it in a quote or C. it's in his ending]

• ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 45
    edited May 2
    ^Dude. Do I have a surprise for you. You missed it. Try slowing down the first gameplay trailer and look at X's Laucher. It's a full on Shouryuken. You can even see one of his feet upward and one straight down like a Shouryuken. Don't know about the Hadouken though.

X-Men probably aren't in initial game. However, if they come as DLC, Psylocke is present among them and let's assume we get a 2nd story mode. Would love an interaction between Psylocke and Dante.

Psylocke on the driving seat of a bike speeding to insane levels with Dante on back seat.

Dante be like: WHOOOAAH Slow down babe! (Like in DMC1 first cutscene)
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 299
    Venom/Eddie:*Distorted voice*Betcha ya didn't SEE this coming did you?

DareDevil: Hmph presence feels like Spidey, but the bad breath I smell says different.
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,021
    Tvc had some interesting little bits.
    Like how if you stole rolls healing orb only mechanical characters would heal, others would be damaged.
    Also depending on your partner batsu's super would change , and Frank West super would change if he hit a giant character.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Venom/Eddie:*Distorted voice*Betcha ya didn't SEE this coming did you?

DareDevil: Hmph presence feels like Spidey, but the bad breath I smell says different.

Daredevil has always been able to tell Spider-Man and Venom apart though.
    edited May 3
    Fou-lu and Thor interations would be cool.
    Fou-lu: Thy folly is immeasurable...
    Thor: Thou art mighty, beast...mighty enough to slay a god! But I am the Odinson...defender of Asgard...and master of Mjolnir! I am Thor...god of thunder...and of lightning!
    I know Alberto said that X and Ultron talked during the character select screen. X basically said, "I'll protect all life", and Ultron likely said something indicating the opposite. He also noted that Chun-Li said, "It's been awhile since we both went all-out" when she was paired with Ryu.

Just imagine the amount of different interactions we could have. I'm excited.
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 150
    Adding interactions to the character select screen is actually pretty interesting.
  • NickRocksNickRocks We are coming Joined: Posts: 22,333
    Cable to Chris: YOU'RE sposeta be my replacement?
    Chris to Cable: Where do you get all those grenades?

Venom to Everyone: We want to eat your brain!
    Chun-Li to Venom: eww you're gross

King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • ultrapowerlevelultrapowerlevel (SuperShadonic) Joined: Posts: 45
    Can anyone confirm if those character select qoutes have voice acting?