Feedback on Hori Hayabusa dead zone?

2»

Comments

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    What in the fuck?! I can't even...
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,361
    Too much granola and tofu, I suppose.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    No, you're just fucking retarded. You keep spouting off retarded shit here as truth when you're wrong. You've been proven wrong and then you go and spout off more retarded shit like an expert on another topic that you're wrong again on. I'm not even going to bother on your recent bullshit, it's a waste of my time to have to go through and show why you're wrong, so you can keep perpetuating your "truths" here in tech talk until people believe because I'm done with your crap. I'm just going to post that your shit is retarded and hopefully people can use critical thinking and figure it out on their own. If not, it's no sweat off my sack because I don't give a fuck.

BTW, I like how you disagreed with my posts about how you can fit a JLF PCB in a Hayabusa body because they're the same fucking measurements and then I posted a picture of it actually being a thing, because y'know they're the same fucking measurements. Where's the disagree there? Oh because you're fucking wrong?? No comments about that? Nah, let's change the subject to argue about something else President Camacho is an "expert" on and drop some dank "knowledge" on some noobs so you can earn a little respect round these here parts o' town.

Have fun doubling down on your garbage.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,361
    I assumed you were being a troll, perhaps you're just a dipshit. All you proved was that your Hayabusa switches are closer together than mine. Everything I'm saying about octagons and throw/engage is based on the fact that a straight line from the center of a square to a cardinal direction is a shorter distance than one going from the center to a corner- it's a very simple concept. Perhaps you're still thinking in terms of those slagcoin pictures that presume an engage zone shrinks, grows, or changes its profile according to the gate you install, which is foolish. Engage zones are only changed by altering the spacing between the actuator and the switches, gates do not affect them.
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Macho Madness Joined: Posts: 896
    So President Camacho what you're saying is that if you choose a JLF it's better to stick with the square gate to minimize throw distance?
    ABACABB.
    So President Camacho what you're saying is that if you choose a JLF it's better to stick with the square gate to minimize throw distance?

What you like in terms of throw and engage is a matter of preference. That said, a stock jlf with the standard gt-y gate is a poor choice if you don't like a long throw.
    edited March 14
    Would you say the kowal oversized actuator negates the additional distance on diagonals created by the octagonal gate?

ABACABB.
    Would you say the kowal oversized actuator negates the additional distance on diagonals created by the octagonal gate?

The additional throw distance the JLF octagon gate introduces is in the cardinal (L,R, D,U) directions, not the diagonals. The cardinals end up longer because an octagon gate’s defining characteristic is that the throw (meaning the travel of the lever, not the engage zone) into all 8 directions is an equal distance from neutral. The engage zone in a standard 4 switch based joystick is a square configuration, so diagonal engage ends up being farther from neutral than cardinals. As a result, an octagon gate must travel between left and right as far as it needs to travel to reliably hit the engages of down left and up right, which in the case of the JLF and Hayabusa means that the throw into L and R gets extended (due to their loose engage zones).

The kowal actuator both tightens up the engage zone (by enlarging the portion of the actuator that hits the switches) and shortens throw (by enlarging the area that contacts the gate). So yes, it will reduce the extreme throw that you get with a stock JLF actuator and a GT-Y gate, though it still feels a bit far to me. Also, since any oversized actuator tightens up the engage zone, you can get away with a smaller octagon gate (where diagonals were previously hampered or outright blocked). The tighter your engage zone, the smaller your octagon can be without blocking diagonals.

Really, if you want to use an octagon gate while keeping a short throw, the LS-56 is the way to go in my opinion.
    I actually do have two Octo gate ls-56's. I'm just looking into transitioning to the silent JLF for noise reduction. I like Seimitsu levers but they're quite loud.
    ABACABB.
    Best you can do is give it a shot and see how you like it then. There aren't a ton of silent options on the market, unfortunately.
2»