UMVC3 PC Modding Thread

PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,676
Since mods are certainly inbound for the PC version of this game, I was thinking there should be a dedicated thread to it. I hope this is okay with the moderators here.

There's a reddit for it already: https://www.reddit.com/r/mahvelmods/ . They clearly outline what is and isn't currently possible.
What we can do:
  • Basic BGM changes
  • Basic texture editing
  • Moveset swaps
  • Stage swaps
  • VERY basic moveset edits

What we can't do:
  • Voicepacks
  • Model editing
  • Model making
  • That 3-character glitch
  • Model importing
  • Adding costume slots
  • Adding character slots
  • Fixing the netcode
  • Making you not suck at the game

What we don't like:

• This place getting spammed with impossible requests. If you haven't seen a video/image of it in action, shit's currently impossible or being worked on.

I'm hoping someone can loop this song and put it in the SHIELD Helicarrier stage.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Swag is for girls. Class is for Maidens.

GigaMaidens on deviantART and on twitter @GigaMaidens

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comments

• GlitcherGlitcher Joined: Posts: 4
    What about a mod to mute the sound when the window isn't in focus?
  • ShishiohShishioh Starbreaker Joined: Posts: 2,921
    If we don't have a community mod list yet, we need one.
    "Hitboxes have nothing at all to do with the way a fighting game plays. they are just a means to an end."-Random Discus user
    Written exactly like that.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 84
    Even though we follow a similar manners like how to create OST Mod like changing ogg to xsew on Characters' Voices, is it still crash?
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • AngelodAngelod Joined: Posts: 1
    hey guys JUST became a member, I have 5 copies of the game (mvc3 ps3, umvc3 ps3, xbone ver, PC ver, ps4 ver lol) I'm having more fun on PC, I'm a noob but getting there. Would there be a way to have a combo gauge, like limit the amount of times a char. can hit an opponent, or maybe implement a combo breaker system, like that in killer instinct? Ive seen the infinities in umvc3 and their ridiculous, no one should have to sit and be helpless as that happens, let alone in a tournament. Anyway if anyone wants to face me here's my PC name: angelodmc88 and xbone: No Tier God bye :)
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,349
    I'm excited for the mods, but disappointed we can't mess with voicepacks or models.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel