Rock and Roll Legend Chuck Berry has passed away

Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it..........Joined: Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited March 18 in General Discussion

Often imitated...............NEVER duplicated.

Rest in Power Legend.
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,073 mod
    (CNN)Chuck Berry, a music pioneer often called "the Father of Rock 'n' Roll," was found dead Saturday at a residence outside St. Louis, police in St. Charles County said. He was 90.

A post on the St. Charles County police Facebook page said officers responded to a medical emergency at a residence around 12:40 p.m. (1:40 p.m. ET) Saturday and found an unresponsive man inside.

"Unfortunately, the 90-year-old man could not be revived and was pronounced deceased at 1:26 p.m.," the post said. "The St. Charles County Police Department sadly confirms the death of Charles Edward Anderson Berry Sr., better known as legendary musician Chuck Berry."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/18/entertainment/chuck-berry-dies/index.html

He was 90, so his time was coming close. But it's still a sad day when a legend passes away.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • WOKMANWOKMAN 御託はいい、はじめよう。 Joined: Posts: 1,155
    I honestly assumed the dude was already dead years ago. RIP.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,073 mod
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,395
    rip.

funny story tho.

god fucking yoko ono thank god they cut her later that night.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,201
    Thought this dude died years ago as well, whelp.

RIP the most influential musician of all time I guess.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 886
    edited March 20
    crucades wrote: »
    RIP the most influential musician of all time I guess.

No, no. Not "I guess".

It's a damn shame that a lot of people don't realize this. In the scheme of SRK RIP threads for celebrities, Chuck Berry is by far the most important and it's sad that he will only get 2 pages max.

Chuck Berry obliterates the likes of; Scott Weiland, Glenn Frey, David Bowie, Whitney Houston, George Michael, Prince, Ray Manzarek, Etta James, Davy Jones, etc.

Chuck Berry might not be as popular as Elvis or Michael Jackson, but he is more important. And for the youngsters, believe it or not, he is even more important than Wiz Khalifa and Drake!
    Inj2: Wonder Woman
    SFV: Cammy
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Yoko Ono clip is probably one of the most famous videos of her. She still does that stupid shit, too, and she has fans.

New York is weird.

I didn't know Chuck Berry was weird like this...

Gotta love this song.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The real king of rock.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • ChunLiXiaoyuFanChunLiXiaoyuFan Four-Thousand Years of Chinese History Joined: Posts: 95
    Yeah, I just found that out after watching the news one day. Seems like we're losing more talented people in favor of talentless hacks nowadays. :|
    "Prepare yourself!" - Ling Xiaoyu, Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
    Favorite video game characters: Tekken: Ling Xiaoyu and Alisa Boscanovich
    Street Fighter: Chun-Li and Cammy

Steam Username: ChunLiXiaoyuFan
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The duckwalk maneuver was invented by him which I didn't know until recently.

Many guitarists like Angus Young of ACDC uses a variant on it during some performances.

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 886
    Everyone knows Surfing USA by The Beach Boys, right?

Now, I love The Beach Boys, but listen to Sweet Little Sixteen by Chuck Berry (a song that most people don't know). It is literally the same exact song, but with different lyrics.
    Inj2: Wonder Woman
    SFV: Cammy