Pinout/PCB Guide for padhacking an Atari Jaguar controller

FrakkinToasterFrakkinToaster Hurm...Joined: Posts: 374
I've decided to take on the project of creating a project box to connect my arcade stick to my Jaguar, but I can't find a guide for where to solder on the Jaguar PCB anywhere on the interwebs. Has anyone done this or found one?

Comments

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,870
    I tried looking at diagrams on slagcoin and he doesn't have one either. Honestly you may be one of the first to try this so you may need a multimeter to figure out where ground and the signal lines are.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 202
    edited March 20
    I've decided to take on the project of creating a project box to connect my arcade stick to my Jaguar, but I can't find a guide for where to solder on the Jaguar PCB anywhere on the interwebs. Has anyone done this or found one?
    The Jag controller is pretty simple, it just looks complicated because the keypad.

Here's a diagram:

post-8976-0-42172300-1351814739.jpg

Rather than makeking a padhack, I think it should be easier to redo the PCB on a protoboard without the keypad.
  • FrakkinToasterFrakkinToaster Hurm... Joined: Posts: 374
    The Jag controller is pretty simple, it just looks complicated because the keypad.

Here's a diagram:

post-8976-0-42172300-1351814739.jpg

Rather than makeking a padhack, I think it should be easier to redo the PCB on a protoboard without the keypad.

I'd prefer to padhack because I'd like to keep the keypad intact so I can place the controller next to my joystick and use the keypad.