THE MMA THREAD. UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2 July 29

Comments

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,262
    Jaxxx wrote: »
    When does Jon Jones fight again?

UFC 214 on July 29th
    I like Hunt but I hope Derrick Lewis wins. Hunt's in his 40's and Lewis, if he can some how not get slept by Hunt, has more of future in the sport. Plus the I like the dudes personality. I can get behind fighter with personality, as long as they perform in the cage.
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    Here's a surprise, Hunt vs Lewis is going into the 4th round.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,212
    Damn the Black Beast just completely crumbled under the pressure... WTF Lewis retires before Hunt?
    tumblr_nqj8wxph2u1s2wio8o1_500.gif
    Damn the Black Beast just completely crumbled under the pressure... WTF Lewis retires before Hunt?

He didn't crumble under pressure. He was completely gassed. I've never seen a dude put his hands on his hips because he was so tired in a fight before.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,514
    Those 3 leg kicks mark landed in round 2 basically gave him the fight. Lewis lost his mobility and at so many shots. It was a good lesson for the dude though. Hunt looked so good last night.
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082

He didn't crumble under pressure. He was completely gassed. I've never seen a dude put his hands on his hips because he was so tired in a fight before.

1) You haven't? It's not super uncommon.
    2) He broke a rib against Travis Browne. It's highly possible he aggravated it.

1) You haven't? It's not super uncommon.
    2) He broke a rib against Travis Browne. It's highly possible he aggravated it.

That's a really good point. I'd forgotten about that.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,201
    I can't imagine fighting on a full stomach.

• KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,048
    He ain't retiring :rofl:

• spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    That was Derrick Lewis' 12th UFC fight. If he got three four-fight deals or a four then eight-fight deal, then he's a free agent. If that's the case, I'm sure Bellator would DIE to add him.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    Travis Browne should kill himself after writing some cringe worthy bullshit like that.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,369
    Next weeks news will have something about Cokers underlying drug problems. To be fair, as trash and well pointless a commentor Goldberg was, having a familiar face in the booth doesnt exactly mean a lot either way.

Am not a homosexual so I dont know how good/bad Ranallo will be.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,892
    Oh well, Reebok. You can also lose in gambling/investments...
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,752
    No shit the fighters are being negative, Gustaffson made like 10k in sponsers fighting in his home country. That shit is pathetic.

Louzon has a point about lower tier guys not making money anyway. But the part he's missing is the top 10 top 15 fighters are also making NO GOD DAMN MONEY from sponsers either despite being draws even in their hometowns.

Also the idea that sponsers are gonna miss a chance to advertise in front of millions because Reebok got shit on is misguided. The context tells a different story than the one Joe is trying to paint.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,201
    Ok who is getting the presidential suite? I got 5 on it.

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ITS BOUT TO GO DOWN. WELCOME TO THE CONOR RETIREMENT TOUR
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Connor versus Floyd is finalized.....

12185873.jpg
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • RedTideRedTide Get choked Joined: Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can't wait to see how many people pay for this abortion of a fight.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 550
    People will pay. People will always pay for the chance to see Mayweather ger knocked out.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yall super trash for hating on people enjoying things. who cares if they wanna enjoy it.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 550
    They are free to spend all they want, I just don't want them to complain about Mayweather being boring, not a real champ, yadda yadda yadda when he does the exact same thing he's done for years now.

The fight will probably be less exciting than the 24/7
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    While this "fight" is gonna be complete bullshit, I would LOL so damn hard if Floyd, by some act of every God in this plane of existence decided that he must lose on the 26th. Either niggas riding for Floyd are gonna drink themselves into a coma after he loses or the entire country of Ireland will spontaneously combust should McGregor take the L.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I honestly wanted to see Connor vs Floyd as a fight and not a boxing match but I knew that was never going to happen.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • RedTideRedTide Get choked Joined: Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »
    I honestly wanted to see Connor vs Floyd as a fight and not a boxing match but I knew that was never going to happen.

I seriously doubt he's ever had to defend against someone low kicking him even once in his life.
  • Strike_PrimeStrike_Prime 440,000,000 bounty Joined: Posts: 2,541
    I will laugh so hard if McGregor gets frustrated and says fuck it and throws a head kick and nails Floyd with it.
    I play Yu-Gi-Oh
    AV by savaii64