THE MMA THREAD. UFC 217: THE GREATEST GAWD DAMN CARD OF 2017

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,033
    thurst wrote: »
    Throwing a kick in a boxing match is a good way to get your half of the purse snatched.

Eh the reported purse

The millions he would make for choking out floyd or hitting a flying knee ko? That would be cool.

He still might get ppv options. And well just imagine floyd ko'd his posse jumps in the ring and connor laughing his ass off
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    edited June 17
    dab00g wrote: »
    Throwing a kick in a boxing match is a good way to get your half of the purse snatched.

Eh the reported purse

The millions he would make for choking out floyd or hitting a flying knee ko? That would be cool.

He still might get ppv options. And well just imagine floyd ko'd his posse jumps in the ring and connor laughing his ass off

Have you seen the size of Floyd's body guards? They could probably eat Conor whole.

Edit:

Here are a couple of them:

flo50.jpg
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,577
    Those fat bois would gas by the time they run to the other side of the ring tho.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,980
    Well the UFC is finally make the best fight available at Women's Featherweight. It only took a coward for a current champ and Cat Zingano being unavailable for them to do it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/16/15768974/cris-cyborg-vs-megan-anderson-for-featherweight-title-slated-for-ufc-214
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    gawd damn
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    crucades wrote: »
    Those fat bois would gas by the time they run to the other side of the ring tho.

That's true. They'd be gassed and probably pretty hungry.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    dab00g wrote: »

Eh the reported purse

Have you seen the size of Floyd's body guards? They could probably eat Conor whole.

Edit:

Here are a couple of them:

flo50.jpg

Isn't that 50 Cent on the right
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,795
    Jesus Christ that feint kick was beautiful. Do you guys think Holm added that extra punch as a "fuck you" or was it the typical "hit 'em until they don't get up" thing?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    You're supposed to keep fighting until the ref stops.

Also, Holm goes 100% until the ref is really clear about it. She was ready to murder Ronda.
    maxx wrote: »
    "mma is for white people who cant box".....i dont even fuckin care if its a fake quote. this about to be the greatest press tour ever.

That's racist af. It's also for black people that can't box like Tyron Woodley :coffee:

you must be new to mayweather.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    "mma is for white people who cant box".....i dont even fuckin care if its a fake quote. this about to be the greatest press tour ever.

That's racist af. It's also for black people that can't box like Tyron Woodley :coffee:

you must be new to mayweather.

Nah, I'm more than familiar with Mayweather. I just like to take swipes at the striking skills of MMA fighters at every opportunity.

Glad the UFC is doing a PPV there in a couple months.

Glad the UFC is doing a PPV there in a couple months.

....canada is real dumb when it comes to combat sports. some doctors gonna try and claim he only died cause of his mma years.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited June 20
    Shitebag.

edit: Just saw my sig and reminded me that Bisping is still the MW champ rofl, fuck the UFC.
    Post edited by crucades on

Man...I really wonder what was happening with GDR. Really, really curious.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

It's real simple. She wasn't trying to be Mokujin to Cyborg.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3

She has a short sighted and stupid management team. One that cost her the most financially lucrative fight of her career. The standard Reebok sponsorship money for champion, 50K IIRC, is probably more than her usual fight purse. What does Germaine make per fight? 40, 50k? She could of made ten times that even in defeat against Cyborg.
    edited June 20

She has a short sighted and stupid management team. One that cost her the most financially lucrative fight of her career. The standard Reebok sponsorship money for champion, 50K IIRC, is probably more than her usual fight purse. What does Germaine make per fight? 40, 50k? She could of made ten times that even in defeat against Cyborg.

What leads you to believe that?

Edit: The money part, not the stupid management part. They're DEFINITELY stupid.
    Post edited by spudlyff8fan on
  • JavidJavid When will all this end? Joined: Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dana isn't playing around these days, stripping GDR with no seconds thoughts.

In other news, Palhares is fighting in ten days again:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/6/15206854/rousimar-palhares-alexei-ivanov-fight-nights-global-debut-mma

Hope he starts getting some wins again...

• KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,078
    Fuck Paul Harris.
    Javid wrote: »
    Dana isn't playing around these days, stripping GDR with no seconds thoughts.

In other news, Palhares is fighting in ten days again:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/6/15206854/rousimar-palhares-alexei-ivanov-fight-nights-global-debut-mma

Hope he starts getting some wins again...

Why would you hope he gets wins? Fuck that guy.
    Kimura about to lose a leg...

• DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,487
    Despite his hurting dudes, I do like watching him fight. Him ripping dudes' legs off is not a big deal to me.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
    I agree, just something about a juiced up half insane maniac going in no fucks given. Its not very sportsmanlike but I pay to see him fight over Lucky Charms any day of the week.

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,033
    I like seeing is repug ass get slept
    brazilian bridge troll is back to fighting?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/20/15842824/john-makdessi-steps-in-to-face-sage-northcutt-at-ufc-214

This should be an interesting fight and I think Sage takes it. I hope we see spin kicks galore. :lol:
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3

What leads you to believe that?

Edit: The money part, not the stupid management part. They're DEFINITELY stupid.

She works as a police officer. Most fighters, there are exceptions, don't work full-time jobs if they make a good living from fighting. This is especially prevalent in WMMA. For example, Marion Reneau is a school teacher.
    Gimpy wrote: »
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/20/15842824/john-makdessi-steps-in-to-face-sage-northcutt-at-ufc-214

This should be an interesting fight and I think Sage takes it. I hope we see spin kicks galore. :lol:

Gunna put money on Makdessi and really hope he wins. Something about Sage pisses me off, am gunna avoid the whole mess of UFC stanning white people and that kinda bullshit for a sec, but on paper this is an easy win for Sage, and I really cant tell you one guy where Sage has fought and am like "hmmm this shit can go either way" outside of Gall, whom I also consider untested garbage tier.

UFC puts out a poster that doesn't suck for once.

5MWNBFP.jpg