THE MMA THREAD. UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2 July 29

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thoughts

-t-city got super lucky with that guilloutine

-cyborg actually ended up in probably her best actual fight in ufc. props to her opponent.

-sterling out here outgrappling renan....wut world am i in?

-maia is still the man, but damn...woodley aignt winning no new fans on that one. Lmfao calling out gsp...gtfo here

-dc def made jones work for that win. Jones hit that nigga with the holly holm super wakeup.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,192
    edited July 30
    Goddamn Woodley's last 3 fights have been boring as fuck! He's more concerned with keeping his belt than putting on exciting fights...
    EDIT: Woodley's is using GSP's "take no chances" strat so that fight could end up winning an award for "Most Boring Fight of All Time"
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,214
    DC shoul retire that ko was scary

Jones called out Lesnar

Suplex city?
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,331
    edited July 30
    Niggas was doing dances when they found out Cormier lost by knockout in my last hour at work before I got off.

I was fucking rolling :rofl:
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,471
    edited July 30
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,108
    I mean, DC should've never been interviewed after that. Jones killed him and Big John probably let him take a shot or two too many at that before calling the fight.

But UFC has to get their stupidity in somehow. Even Rogan looked like he didn't want to do it.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    i honestly dont think dc was any sort of right of mind after that fight. he looked soooo fuckin out of it even right up ti jon gettin his hand raised.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,033
    edited July 30
    They need to stop interviewing fighters after they've been KO'd. Shit is unsettling.
    Joe looked extremely uncomfortable with that interview

DC was so out of it.

The camera should have stayed off dc and dana should have let the dude walk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,864
    DGod205 wrote: »
    DC about to hang himself after crying into a bucket of Popeye's while listening to this:

RIP DGod205...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,638
    edited July 30
    That only applies to the actual news thread of the Linkin Park dude. Throw a sly diss to him there and you're out. Everywhere else is OK.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746
    dab00g wrote: »

Jones called out Lesnar

Suplex city?

He's trying to be like McGregor and one up him because of the Mayweather Jr. fight and stuff...
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,833
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »

Jones called out Lesnar

Suplex city?

He's trying to be like McGregor and one up him because of the Mayweather Jr. fight and stuff...

No he's being smarter because Jones will tool Brock. Brock is a big name. It will generate a lot of PPV buys. Jones will make a lot of money and he'd walk away with the win. Even if by some miracle Brock wins, he can fall back on Brock outweighing him by 60lbs.
    personally i think this smells of more of ufc shenanigans than jon. a moneyweight fight outta nowhere? plus if he does well it builds potential for alot of wild heavyweight matchups. i think danan and ufc pushed him for it

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,041
    As someone who hates Cormier, they should not have exposed him in his most vulnerable state like that. One, he was just violently knocked out. Two, he's fucking crying. Three, he's delirious as fuck. And you want to ask him questions? Joe Rogan just apologized for doing that and he's even said before he doesn't agree with interviewing fighters who were just knocked out. It doesn't make sense.

I also saw the video of DC moments after getting knocked out and I some what felt bad for him when you look at the ENTIRE picture. But oh well. Suck me deek, beech.
    As someone who hates Cormier, they should not have exposed him in his most vulnerable state like that. One, he was just violently knocked out. Two, he's fucking crying. Three, he's delirious as fuck. And you want to ask him questions? Joe Rogan just apologized for doing that and he's even said before he doesn't agree with interviewing fighters who were just knocked out. It doesn't make sense.

I also saw the video of DC moments after getting knocked out and I some what felt bad for him when you look at the ENTIRE picture. But oh well. Suck me deek, beech.

like the min they stood him up from the ko you knew he was crazyyyy out of it. i dont hold anything that happened after against him. he was out of his gawd damn mind and his world just shattered as he knew it.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Yeah I'm not the biggest DC fan and I felt bad for him as well. Dude was clearly out of his mind. They should be ashamed.
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They let two men fight in a cage until someone falls unconscious or breaks something.
    UFC is just a less fancy, more controlled Lionheart. They ain't ashamed of shit lol

xhuoufbi1qnjqzgdxnbb1j725gj_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,181
    DC is still the BLACK FEDOR = GOAT to me.

If JJ moves up to heavyweight, he is the new MMA GOAT.

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want to say Cormier will be fine but Jones did snatch that man's soul.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    I don't see why people are giving DC a pity party. Dude lost fair and square to the better man. He's got a cushy analyst gig at FOX that pays pretty well waiting on him. He'll be fine, Jones-induced ethering aside.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,108
    No one's saying he didn't (or at least, shouldn't). He got beat and while he hung in there for the fight until the head kick, at no point did it ever look like he was better than Bones. Honestly even to my untrained eye it felt like the fight was just waiting for the other shoe to drop, which it did on his face. DC knows at this point he'll never beat Bones.

But still, it's bullshit that UFC forced Rogan to interview him after getting KO'd. It's a bad look for anyone.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Yeah, after the head kick landed and D.C. went down, Jones was on some Strowman shit with that ground n' pound.
    tumblr_oo8qewqiLx1s05wxzo3_400.gif
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,198
    I watched a stream of that fight just to watch DC cry. Was worth it. Hell the only reason I hate DC so much is because of the absolute fear he has in his heart for Bones, shit was ridiculous, was like on the same level of when Anderson owned Franklins soul kinda bullshit.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    DGod205 wrote: »
    I don't see why people are giving DC a pity party. Dude lost fair and square to the better man. He's got a cushy analyst gig at FOX that pays pretty well waiting on him. He'll be fine, Jones-induced ethering aside.

It's not about pity. I didn't appreciate them doing him dirty when he was clearly out of his damned mind after the KO. He talked shit. Got clipped and did the stanky leg before Bones put him away. Seeing that was worth the $50 alone. Still even as someone that doesn't care for DC. They did him wrong. It's not as dirty as what they did to Aldo though. Those savages turned the camera on in his locker so people could see him crying into his towel after McGregor KO'd him. That isn't even low key savagery that just straight savage.
    crucades wrote: »
    I watched a stream of that fight just to watch DC cry. Was worth it. Hell the only reason I hate DC so much is because of the absolute fear he has in his heart for Bones, shit was ridiculous, was like on the same level of when Anderson owned Franklins soul kinda bullshit.

?? he def didnt fear him in those first two rounds. we watch the same fight? ya know where he tossed jones with a damn armdrag lol.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    DC won the first two rounds, Jones fouf an opening with his kicks something more tall dudes should be doing.

He pounced in a controled manner like a panther
    This video is comedy gold. :lol:

C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,646
    Lol at that filipino dude spraying urine on his opponent during weigh in
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,079
    edited August 2
    Yeah I'm not the biggest DC fan and I felt bad for him as well. Dude was clearly out of his mind. They should be ashamed.

Cormier suffered a concussion and wasn't in the right state of mind to do that interview. Joe Rogan is an asshole. Rogan's response? "It was my fuck up." Corny way to get out of the mess he created.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,864
    I'm not blaming Rogan. You know UFC execs told him to do that shit or he was fired.

He looked like he didn't want to be out there.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Lmfao at anyone who thought Joe wanted to interview comier. Bet you believe in flat earth too

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kimterran wrote: »
    Lol at that filipino dude spraying urine on his opponent during weigh in

Standard flip greeting.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I'm not blaming Rogan. You know UFC execs told him to do that shit or he was fired.

He looked like he didn't want to be out there.

so joe talked about it on his podcast with eddie bravo and said it was purely out of habit. he talked to jon, and had the mic in his hand turned around and comier was just there and he went into muscle memory. he apologized for it on twitter and on the podcast. The ufc is apparently ok with not interviewing people knocked the fuck out

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited August 3
    Honestly, I rather see Jones fight Overeem than Lesnar.

Edit : I'm also reminded of that time Overeem got a karate lesson. :cool:
    C.O.P.A

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,181
    Even though Brown Pride Cain already did it, JJ crushing Lesnar would produce some very delicious white tears.

edited August 3
    The amount of MAGA and white pride lesnar would bring to ufc would be a delight for dana white

Especially if Lesnar destroys that "criminal"

I dunno I don't Lesnar has that many in the racist fanbase group.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,792
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol Vince Neil.

That feel when the Green Ranger has a better MMA record than CM Punk.

JDF is old as fuck though. He was well in his late 30s when he had his fight, too.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    sooooo i kinda wanna talk about the fuckery of the p4p list update by ufc..but its so bad.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746
    Even though Brown Pride Cain already did it, JJ crushing Lesnar would produce some very delicious white tears.

Jon Jones will lose like Mark Hunt
    maxx wrote: »
    I dunno I don't Lesnar has that many in the racist fanbase group.

Eh, most of Lesnar's fanbase are guys who love his wwe stuff

But with the current climate of idgaf white power....