THE MMA THREAD. UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2 July 29

1222324252628»

Comments

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,776
    tumblr_oxhkt2qBTh1qd4esao1_500.gif

That armbar...............

Kyle o'reilly got a new finish

That was siiiiiiick
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DJ's coach must have screamed "NEW DRAGONBALL SUPER IS UP!!"..........

nah more like "steam is gonna sponsor you if you win"
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,613
    edited October 8
    DJ's coach must have screamed "NEW DRAGONBALL SUPER IS UP!!"..........

I'm waiting to see Jiren use the suplex into arm bar on Hit.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
    I think nakamura uses that on jinder tonight
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,231
    Yes can we get a name on that new ring girl? Not the black one, but the one with the fat ass. TIA.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,061
    edited October 11
    dab00g wrote: »

Kyle o'reilly got a new finish

That was siiiiiiick

Looks like one of those WWE finishers. German suplex into an arm bar for the win...

World title match:

Also:

Also:

17GrappleAtGarden350x220.jpg?h=233&w=350&la=en&hash=B45FF73284DA705C179F0F458A65A0D6FAB29724

New York, NY (October 6, 2017) — Madison Square Garden officially announced today that it is set to welcome the sixth annual “Grapple at The Garden” wrestling dual meet on Sunday, December 10. A total of nine colleges and universities, including top ranked Division I, II, and III Programs – Virginia Tech (Atlantic Coast Conference Champion, Division I), Stevens Institute of Technology (Centennial Conference Champion, Division III), New York University (University Athletic Association Champion, Division III) – will take to the mat inside The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
    what are you guys's thoughts on the past two ufc ppv "Failures" money wise. if ufc went under...do you think that mma in general would go? or do you think it will continue on with bellator taking the top spot and just keep continuing?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,764
    UFC is only "failing" due to a lack of "personalities" to push and terrible marketing.

As soon as they remember people are here for the fighters, they'll get their act together.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    UFC used to have stars because spike would push them

The ufc tries to make the brand bigger than the fighters and have failed their talent
    po pimpus wrote: »
    UFC is only "failing" due to a lack of "personalities" to push and terrible marketing.

As soon as they remember people are here for the fighters, they'll get their act together.

better marketing may never happen, its clear wme is the one causing all this. the min it sold everything went to shit..they fired everyone who was good at their jobs and now we get marketing posts like "whos gonna win the title fight..use your favorite emoji to describe it!"

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,061
    Haha, the new company is burying UFC...
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,455
    UFC has lucky charms and the long term fans (casuals) are leaving in droves because he's like a mirror that reflecks all the bullshit and he's the poster boy of a new company 4b in the red that will put money in front of actual good promoting.

Then you have mighty midget who is worth the full sum total of fuck all. I feel sorry for this guy, he is amazing, superhumanly good for his class but no body gives a fuck. UFC can't poster boy a dude that collects stats in a dead end division where he's collect title defences like state security. Move up or accept not being accepted? Either way UFC half promoting this dude because they don't tell him to move up nor do they make him viable except have Rogan go on about his pfp value. Which realistically equates nothing.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    The ufc refused to push mighty mouse because dude treats fighting as serious and doesn't do shit talking

Well up until recently

Dude would own dillashaw and garbrandt
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 16
    Post edited by Gimpy on
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    not even the weirdest thing that happened at that tournament this weekend lol. i was there.
    https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/karate-black-belt-enters-black-belt-bracket-naga-tournament/

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah the idea that DJ is the P4P GOAT gets funnier every time Rogan says it.

As far as the UFC goes in general, I know that I have stopped giving a fuck as much since Jones went down and I imagine many other people have, too. Also, all of these interim belts haven't been helping things either.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    I think dj has to go up to bantum just to get respect. The only reason he left was they created flyweight

I think he has leveled up so much since the fight with cruz
    dab00g wrote: »
    I think dj has to go up to bantum just to get respect. The only reason he left was they created flyweight

I think he has leveled up so much since the fight with cruz

DJ is small for flyweight. His opponents are already bigger than him. It's not like he's one of these dudes that's cutting a ton of weight. It's crazy that he has to go to bantamweight to get the respect he's already due.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If he stays at flyweight he'll keep fighting nobodies and bantamweight cast offs.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    soooo, ive been given an opportunity to teach a few martial arts programs. One is an on site karate teaching program, where i run 6 weeks programs at different places such as private schools,ymca type places ect. But also i potentially have the chance to run a jiu jitsu program. Now for me id only do this as a no gi program most likely...i dont wanna step on my head instructors feet in bjj and figured no gi is the safest way to do this. but what do i call it that would allow me to keep it pretty separate from brazilian jiu jitsu type area?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    thurst wrote: »
    If he stays at flyweight he'll keep fighting nobodies and bantamweight cast offs.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to him fight a top flight bantamweight but he's going to be dealing with guys that outweigh him by 30lbs. I remember Faber being early 170 and fighting at 135.
    maxx wrote: »
    soooo, ive been given an opportunity to teach a few martial arts programs. One is an on site karate teaching program, where i run 6 weeks programs at different places such as private schools,ymca type places ect. But also i potentially have the chance to run a jiu jitsu program. Now for me id only do this as a no gi program most likely...i dont wanna step on my head instructors feet in bjj and figured no gi is the safest way to do this. but what do i call it that would allow me to keep it pretty separate from brazilian jiu jitsu type area?
    Just call it submission grappling/wrestling

That is pretty much what nogi is
    My old Karate teacher just called it "ground fighting" lolol. Shout outs to Kenpo and the Black Karate Federation!

But for real, nogi or submission wrestling is fine. Fuck the bjj purists lol.

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,455

Chuck doing some striking training with Benny, hella gay but strangely still heroic as fuck.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    Just in case you don't know who she is

BlzOb3MCcAAPvSy.jpg
    She is the one always dressing up as wonder woman right? Being a female fighter and getting implants is bold as fuck.

125 is the hotness division for women
    I'd get her pregnant!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    She makes 125??! Hooowww

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    She makes 125??! Hooowww

She's only 5'3"
    She makes 125??! Hooowww

She's only 5'3"

36-24-36?
    C.O.P.A

edited October 19
    Gimpy wrote: »
    She makes 125??! Hooowww

She's only 5'3"

36-24-36?

o-SIR-MIX-A-LOT-900.jpg?6