Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!!Joined: Posts: 18,915
Welcome to 2.0 folks! We needed to restart the Smash General since we had gone WAAAAAAY over 500 pages.

Here's most of the stuff carried over from the OP in the previous thread.

SRK's Smash League thread by our very own Colonel Gilgamesh
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/193105/srk-smash-league-thread-starting-october-10th/p1

If you haven't signed up for SRK league yet get in contact with CG and tell him what you would like to participate in. Rules, times, and what to expect are in the OP of the thread.

IRC thread for match making
http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=orion.psigenix.net&channel=#srk-smash

Alternate Link
https://chat.mibbit.com/?server=orion.psigenix.net&channel=#srk-smash

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=chronos.psigenix.net&channel=#srk-smash

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=aurora.psigenix.net&channel=#srk-smash

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=deep13.psigenix.net&channel=#srk-smash

Discord....the new hotness for matchmaking
https://discord.gg/Eyscr

Unlockable Character Requirements
Here's the list according to Smashpedia, so make of that what you will
Character Special Unlock Matches number
Bowser Jr. Beat Classic Mode with Bowser on 7.0 difficulty or higher. 100
Dark Pit Beat Classic Mode 4 times. 50
Duck Hunt Beat Classic Mode 8 times. 110
Dr. Mario Beat Classic Mode as Mario. 60
Falco Beat Classic Mode for the first time. 20
Ganondorf Beat Classic Mode with Link or Zelda. 80
Jigglypuff Beat Classic Mode with a character using customizations. 120
Lucina Beat Classic Mode with Marth, Ike and Robin. 40
Mr. Game & Watch Beat Classic Mode 10 times. 90
Ness Beat Classic Mode 2 times. 10
R.O.B. Beat Classic Mode after obtaining 200 figures. 70
Wario Beat 100 Man Smash.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Trailers
E3 2013 Trailer w/ Villager announcement

Megaman Announcement Trailer

Wii Fit Trainer Trailer

Sonic Trailer

Comet Observatory/Rosalina Trailer

Champion of the Ring Trailer/Lil Mac

Challenger From the Shadows/Charizard and Greninja Trailer

Goddess of Light/Palutena Trailer

Red, Blue, Yellow/ Pac-man Trailer

By Book, By Flame, by Crest of Flame/Lucina and Robin Reveal Trailer

Looks like we don't have a choice!/ Shulk Reveal Trailer

Amiibo First Set Trailer

Smash Bros. for Wii U - Launch Date Trailer

Smash Bros. Amiibo Trailer

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Direct

The Future King/ Bowser Jr's Trailer

One Dog, One Bird, One Zapper/ Duck Hunt's Trailer

Mewtwo Strikes Back! Trailer

Lucas Comes Out of Nowhere! Trailer

Roy Seals the Deal! Trailer

Here Comes A New Challenger! Ryu Trailer

Super Mario Maker Stage Trailer

Cloud Storms into Battle!/ Cloud Trailer

Bayonetta Gets Wicked!/ Bayonetta Trailer

Other
Sakurai Smash Bros. Direct
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vQD1yJinzeQ#!

April 2014 Smash Bros. Direct

Mii Fighters Suit Up for Wave 2

Mii Fighters Suit Up for Wave 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=z8T5_HH7ypo

Not everything is as relevant anymore so I didn't bring over everything but hey you can ride the smash 4 nostalgia hype train with the above vids! Maybe there may be some new developments on the horizon with the Switch out but we gotta wait till E3 more than likely. In any case, discuss and do what you normally do!

Comments

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,284
    edited March 30
    First!

...........that's what cool people do, right?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,958
    shut up CG

new thread, interesting.
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,152
    edited March 30
    Welp. May as well get this started right.
    *ahem*

Fuck Cloud/Bayonetta/Mario/Luma.
    Samus/Zelda/Duck Hunt is under-rated.
    RIP Hoo-hah
    Sheik is a bitch.
    Lucas is ass.
    FALCON PUNCH
    Puff is the worst.

Welcome to the new thread everyone.
    latest?cb=20160208173354
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    Reminder that po is still ducking/ducked me and refused a free all expense paid trip to NY for the ass whooping he deserves.

#neverforget
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,739
    I approve of new thread title.

Reminder that Dre is a bitch that can't deal with Ryu because he loves blocking with his face.

I'll stop Cloud... or die tryin'.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,060
    Lol there ain't no more league or irc
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,287
    Reminder that Smash is not a fighting game and no one here plays it.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    I still play.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I play offline
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,424
    I miss the old thread '-'
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,769
    All my past history wiped. Time for a clean slate!

#AddKlonoa
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 283
    edited March 30
    We have a smash league here? Why didn't anyone tell me?
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,287
    edited March 31
    We have a smash league here? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Because no one ever plays their matches and it ends up being a huge waste of time.
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    For the sake of history:

Smash Leagues were run by me for a while, with many of the peeps here (and several that are gone) participating. You had 1 week to complete your match. Many did not, averaging 2 matches being dropped a week. People were enthused for a while, despite no one ever making the time for a less than 15 minute Bo3.

When I had crap to do IRL I left it to Mood. Mood tried, but no one was willing to even respond when he made inquiries about what next to try with the League. No one responded and everyone just moved on.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,662
    new thread for more bitching

i like it
    I'm interested in restarting the league, lets do this shit @Mood4food77 & @Colonel-Gilgamesh.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    dre37k wrote: »
    Reminder that po is still ducking/ducked me and refused a free all expense paid trip to NY for the ass whooping he deserves.

#neverforget

This seriously needs more attention. How did you let a guy duck an all expenses paid trip?
    I'm interested in restarting the league, lets do this shit @Mood4food77 & @Colonel-Gilgamesh.

I'd be down, but as per usual, I require 10 people to start up
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,958
    sign me up. Most my afternoons are free now. Been aching to play again...
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Zelda is under-rated.

If you've got some encouraging news on this front I'd be glad to hear it.

UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Zelda is under-rated.

If you've got some encouraging news on this front I'd be glad to hear it.

You know, with Link off the list, Zelda's one of the only guys yet to have a moment in Competitive Smash 4 history.

At least of the real characters. Puff and Ganon don't exist
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    Didn't Ganon at least have one guy who was briefly making waves with him before dropping off significantly?
    Didn't Ganon at least have one guy who was briefly making waves with him before dropping off significantly?

Ganon showed up at Civil War. Zelda... well, only Purple Guy uses her seriously and he rarely leaves Florida.

Nairo could probably do some damage with her, but he has too much at stake to bet it all on Zelda.

I'd be down, but as per usual, I require 10 people to start up

Put me down.
    edited March 31
    marc learn your other characters moves.
    villager has other things that aren't slingshot and bowling ball.

@Sonichuman
    thought of a new thread title.
    no patches, cloud only, omega final destination or some junk like that idk
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 HA-LU-KEN Joined: Posts: 4,152
    As usual, I'd love to join the league.
    But my game time was already pretty limited BEFORE Breath of the Wild came out, so... yeah. That's a no for me.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    @Davidstar This is coming from a guy that stands on one side of the stage and throws pk freeze and pk fire, then tries to reverse grab into spike when you get close-c'mon man lol. I just beat up a Lucas players online, he quit after one match.

@dre37k beat me like 6 months ago, everyone thinks I'm cannon fodder lol.
    @Davidstar This is coming from a guy that stands on one side of the stage and throws pk freeze and pk fire, then tries to reverse grab into spike when you get close-c'mon man lol. I just beat up a Lucas players online, he quit after one match.

Dre beat you 10-0 after so much talk from po

David is a pretty aggressive Lucas....
    idk what i am, haven't played smash since like october or november.
    edited April 1

Oh my god! I guarantee to you that shit won't happen again. You can even ask @dre37k.

This is exactly why we need to get a league going, because A LOT of you guys are just talking reckless. If you think @Davidstar Lucas is "aggressive", then you probably thought I was a freaking Monster when I was giving you that work.

Oh my god! I guarantee to you that shit won't happen again. You can even ask @dre37k.

This is exactly why we need to get a league going, because A LOT of you guys are just talking reckless. If you think @Davidstar Lucas is "aggressive", then you probably thought I was a freaking Monster when I was giving you that work.

Except the fact i four stocked you our first two matches and then sat there for an hour while you kept playing

Also outplaced you at that tourbament
    edited April 1

Except the fact i four stocked you our first two matches and then sat there for an hour while you kept playing

Also outplaced you at that tourbament

Oh yeah :) . You remember that you exactly two stocked me on the first two matches and slacked off or "experimented" the rest of the time? Okay Rainman lol. You have photographic memory? Before you answer yes, this has never been proven to exist, so that you know.

So we didn't go "even" @Mood4food77 lol? What are you talking about right now?
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
    I stopped after those 2 cause i had a tournament match, lost that and then chilled for an hour and then we played

I basically pressed up b into gyroid cause i wanted to see how it interacted

Forum: Hey dre, will you obliterate @MarcOfTheBeast again if you had a rematch?

Dre: No doubt in my mind.
    Also I'm down for the league.

I'm gonna get a wired connection soon
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    Daily reminder that Po denied an all expenses paid trip to NY because he didn't want to be embarrassed by dre.
    edited April 2

If I beat you are you going to write it off as you were "experimenting" lol?
    @po pimpus dre has people in his crew with photographic memory; they experiment whenever it suits them. Yeah, don't come up here Po, these guys are dangerous.
    edited April 2

@po pimpus dre has people in his crew with photographic memory; they experiment whenever it suits them. Yeah, don't come up here Po, these guys are dangerous.

I do acknowledge that people occasionally do "sandbag" or experiment once they deem the opponent inferior to them. But that is why we have money matches or grudge matches.

No games. No playing around. You play to win. I suggest you and @Mood4food77 have a FT10 like me and you. I even had to put @Phantom Angel in his place lol XD. After that there will be no excuses. I'd also rematch you if you'd like. The result won't change however. Maybe youd get a round or two at best.

Listen I know better than to "experiment" with you and @po pimpus . I know any minor victory will make ya feel like ya beat zero. But plz don't even give po the slightest reassurance or support that his actions are justifiable. He is the king of empty trash talk. Hes been barking for so long, most of us here really are considering if he has a mental issue. Please bring him down here. After offering him a free trip and a prize, I honestly don't know how else to get him down here for a lag free FT10. Hes ducking me and you know it. Thats why he sent you over to me, because he can't fight his own battles. And that is why after you lost, he went into his closet for damn near 24 hours to contemplate his rebuttal.

Po is a fraud.

Po is a Jim

Po is by the definition the worst kind of smash player.
    edited April 2

I do acknowledge that people occasionally do "sandbag" or experiment once they deem the opponent inferior to them. But that is why we have money matches or grudge matches.

No games. No playing around. You play to win. I suggest you and @Mood4food77 have a FT10 like me and you. I even had to put @Phantom Angel in his place lol XD. After that there will be no excuses. I'd also rematch you if you'd like. The result won't change however. Maybe youd get a round or two at best.

I lost all respect for Mood in the smash scene (I don't think I can take that guy serious anymore), first we went "even", then he was "experimenting", and now he's claiming he 4 stocked the first two matches then sandbagged. Like dude, go get your fucking story straight lol. I don't know what to believe when Mood is speaking about smash lol.

I know what you mean by "I do acknowledge that people occasionally do "sandbag" or experiment once they deem the opponent inferior to them". Yeah, I dozed off playing @Phantom Angel lol.