Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

2456

Comments

  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,280
    There are, however, things called schedules, days off, and paid leave.

    Really? The job I'm in offers nowhere near enough of these to make up for the injuries and illnesses that are mounting within me. I'd love to have a job that provides sufficient amounts of these things to make up for the ongoing damage. You're lucky to have something like that...
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,979
    Why am I being dragged into all this mess? Lol... I don't play this game.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,280
    Okay. Here's how it went down

    I went to Xeno with dre one day cause whatever.

    I did 2 tournament matches and was 1-1 at that point so i had down time between that and my next set so i find dre playing marc (introduced afterwards and whatever). He's like, here mood play Marc. So i sit down and play. First match is clean 2 stock my favor. Next match is practically a 2 stock (i had ~50% 2 stocks and he had ~80% with 1 stock left), used roy both matches. my next match got called so i quit and went off. Lost that set so i kinda just chilled for about an hour while he played. I get back on and then we go about. i won a few in a row and then he won a few in a row and it went back and forth for a while as i switched between roy and Bowser (He's swapped between a few characters as well). I dont think there was any significant advantage between us, he might have won a few more but it's friendlies so whatever. I didnt think any of these matches were serious, i kinda did stupid stuff and whatnot and i was cooled off from my tournament matches.

    So there. No one cared but that's the story
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 155
    @Red Rick Dias let me guess the type of work that you do. Okay, your probably not supported by a union. Are you a vendor? Maybe you work in fast food?
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,280
    Very close, Marc. Service industry, yes. Retail. Retail where we have a very curious interpretation of the law and priorities. I got reprimanded for reporting (internally, not going to law enforcement like I probably should have) that we have an alarming tendency to leave the gun cabinet unlocked and open and UNATTENDED. Apparently preventing gun accidents is bad because...???

    Also being on that concrete for so long with no seat kind of wrecks my legs and feet no matter how much effort I put into supporting them. I also get reprimanded for taking breaks. Like, at all. They also keep trying to load me up with more and more working hours regardless of my college studies, on the spoken understanding that "You're really smart, you don't need that much time to study..." - Yes I fucking do, when I'm taking higher math, software coding, and two science labs all in one semester. Management, of note, has never gone to college so they wouldn't fucking know in the first place.

    I'm in the deep rural south. We piss on ideas like 'ethical work arrangements' and 'laws.' Then we're stupid enough to vote for a man who is going to put even more power in corporate leadership to fuck over the common worker. No union, just as you say.

    I already had my doubts about the most hardcore aspects of the republican, conservative, and libertarian philosophies prior to all this; the idea that everyone in society was 'lazy' and 'deserved poverty' never sat well with me as it was such a dim view of far too much of the population. Now I've had a massive shift in political and social alignment; I completely reject those factions and very much look forward to the day the people responsible for this die of old age or otherwise meet some kind of justice.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,021
    dre37k wrote: »
    Also I'm down for the league.

    I'm gonna get a wired connection soon

    Game has been out for how long now?
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.

    birdie_alternate.jpg?fit=750%2C400&resize=1084%2C9999
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    Something to think about

    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    To anyone that thinks Zelda is ass in this game, I suggest you check out Nairo's stream sometime. He uses her a lot and really shows off what she's capable of in the right hands.

    Also Mr. R spotted using Bayo at MSM earlier... But top tier ho riders don't exist açcording to some of y'all...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Rayne_Rayne_ Joined: Posts: 499
    po pimpus wrote: »
    To anyone that thinks Zelda is ass in this game, I suggest you check out Nairo's stream sometime. He uses her a lot and really shows off what she's capable of in the right hands.

    Also Mr. R spotted using Bayo at MSM earlier... But top tier ho riders don't exist açcording to some of y'all...

    I still think Zelda is ass.

    I want to rant so badly about your stupid ass hatred for people who "play to win" but I know you won't listen, so I won't bother.
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,280
    po pimpus wrote: »
    To anyone that thinks Zelda is ass in this game, I suggest you check out Nairo's stream sometime. He uses her a lot and really shows off what she's capable of in the right hands.

    Busting out a character for fun on a stream is not the same as getting results with them in a tournament.
    Also Mr. R spotted using Bayo at MSM earlier... But top tier ho riders don't exist açcording to some of y'all...

    Oh, they do exist; I mentioned as much when tons of people abandoned ship on diddy, sheik, and sonic when they took nerfs (Which is hilarious since they're all still very good characters). It's just that NOT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PLAYER ON THE FUCKING PLANET IS ONE, CONTRARY TO YOUR STUPID-ASS BELIEF. Stop seeing yourself as the 'lone sane man', you're fucking not. If you were, Smash would sell all of 10% of what it does. Its primary appeal to most game-buyers is a love of the characters and gaming history involved.

  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,381
    Rayne_ wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    To anyone that thinks Zelda is ass in this game, I suggest you check out Nairo's stream sometime. He uses her a lot and really shows off what she's capable of in the right hands.

    Also Mr. R spotted using Bayo at MSM earlier... But top tier ho riders don't exist açcording to some of y'all...

    I still think Zelda is ass.

    I want to rant so badly about your stupid ass hatred for people who "play to win" but I know you won't listen, so I won't bother.

    It took you how many years to realize how futile an attempt that is? :rofl:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Rayne_Rayne_ Joined: Posts: 499
    Nah I'm just tired of it. Don't have the patience anymore.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    edited April 4
    Look, I do not understand "play to win, no matter what" when it comes to video games... A professional sport, a business, education... yeah, do whatever it takes to get ahead and succeed.

    VGs? Lol no. No one except League and Starcraft players make anywhere near enough to justify all that heartless ruthlessness.

    Picking Cloud because your Yoshi got bopped doesn't make you Michael Jordan(know who he is yet, LW?)... It makes you the lame that had to shoot steroids into your butt to keep up.

    Maybe it's because I can't play that way... I tried going Sheik back in Melee, and yeah I did better, but I hated myself for it because I wasn't having fun.
    Same reason I get extremely pissed and disgusted whenever I pick Cloud and ROFL-stomp some laggy FG kid when my MM was struggling to put them down.

    Simply winning isn't enjoyable enough for me. I need to win with my characters. So fuck Sirlin, I'll put as much emotional value into my choice of colored pixels as I want, because that is where my fun is had- In beating all the dickriders that are just here because ZeRo said that Cloud is great.

    Fuck them, and the Buster Sword Ho-train they rode in on.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    edited April 4
    It's funny because Cloud STILL hasn't won a major event solo
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    It's funny because Cloud STILL hasn't won a major event solo

    Neither has Bayo... :coffee:
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,381
    po pimpus wrote: »
    snip

    Heartless ruthlessness? Lol no. It's a tournament, you go there to try and win it, so you pick whoever gives you the best chance of doing that. Sometimes it's because it's a top tier, other times it's because that character fits you perfectly. Other times it's both because they're top tier and they fit me well/I like their character, as is the case with Fox 'n Cloud.

    It's preference at that point and neither side is wrong in their decision of who they use.

    Quit being a scrub and accept that others pick characters for different reasons.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    edited April 4
    po pimpus wrote: »
    It's funny because Cloud STILL hasn't won a major event solo

    Neither has Bayo... :coffee:

    Do you count Collision XIV?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    po pimpus wrote: »
    It's funny because Cloud STILL hasn't won a major event solo

    Neither has Bayo... :coffee:

    Do you count Collision XIV?

    Nope.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    edited April 4
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

    Bitch.

    I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand... Scratch that, two fingers.

    I already told you idiots I don't like owing people. A "free" trip to go whoop someone's ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

    Only thing I'm bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they're​ top tier.

    FUCK CLOUD.

    Daily reminder this bitch wouldn't duck a local challenge someone else paid for. You wanna pay for me to come out to you and play a video game? I'm in.

    Daily reminder that "free" means you don't owe anyone anything. They gave you a win-win situation free trip where you win money vs Dre or free trip where you just get a free trip.

    So yes, daily reminder that Po is all talk, he's the LTG of SRK Smash. Now I might be that pissy 3S fan of SRK Smash but at least I'm not LTG.

    Your move bitchboy.

    Edit: You know, you couldn't be the LTG, at least LTG went to a local and accepted the challenge. You're the po pimpus which is infinitely worse.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    Been a while since Lythero put out one of these. Good times

    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,021
    Just call this thread "the po thread"
    @Sonichuman
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,848
    Grandstanding for Glory

    Aw. You got me all excited. That's the one from a month ago.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

    The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

    "Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

    "Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,343
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

    Bitch.

    I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand... Scratch that, two fingers.

    I already told you idiots I don't like owing people. A "free" trip to go whoop someone's ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

    Only thing I'm bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they're​ top tier.

    FUCK CLOUD.

    Daily reminder this bitch wouldn't duck a local challenge someone else paid for. You wanna pay for me to come out to you and play a video game? I'm in.

    Daily reminder that "free" means you don't owe anyone anything. They gave you a win-win situation free trip where you win money vs Dre or free trip where you just get a free trip.

    So yes, daily reminder that Po is all talk, he's the LTG of SRK Smash. Now I might be that pissy 3S fan of SRK Smash but at least I'm not LTG.

    Your move bitchboy.

    Edit: You know, you couldn't be the LTG, at least LTG went to a local and accepted the challenge. You're the po pimpus which is infinitely worse.

    LMAO
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    dre37k wrote: »
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

    Bitch.

    I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand... Scratch that, two fingers.

    I already told you idiots I don't like owing people. A "free" trip to go whoop someone's ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

    Only thing I'm bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they're​ top tier.

    FUCK CLOUD.

    Daily reminder this bitch wouldn't duck a local challenge someone else paid for. You wanna pay for me to come out to you and play a video game? I'm in.

    Daily reminder that "free" means you don't owe anyone anything. They gave you a win-win situation free trip where you win money vs Dre or free trip where you just get a free trip.

    So yes, daily reminder that Po is all talk, he's the LTG of SRK Smash. Now I might be that pissy 3S fan of SRK Smash but at least I'm not LTG.

    Your move bitchboy.

    Edit: You know, you couldn't be the LTG, at least LTG went to a local and accepted the challenge. You're the po pimpus which is infinitely worse.

    LMAO

    Go learn how to fight Ryu.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,343
    po pimpus wrote: »
    dre37k wrote: »
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

    Bitch.

    I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand... Scratch that, two fingers.

    I already told you idiots I don't like owing people. A "free" trip to go whoop someone's ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

    Only thing I'm bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they're​ top tier.

    FUCK CLOUD.

    Daily reminder this bitch wouldn't duck a local challenge someone else paid for. You wanna pay for me to come out to you and play a video game? I'm in.

    Daily reminder that "free" means you don't owe anyone anything. They gave you a win-win situation free trip where you win money vs Dre or free trip where you just get a free trip.

    So yes, daily reminder that Po is all talk, he's the LTG of SRK Smash. Now I might be that pissy 3S fan of SRK Smash but at least I'm not LTG.

    Your move bitchboy.

    Edit: You know, you couldn't be the LTG, at least LTG went to a local and accepted the challenge. You're the po pimpus which is infinitely worse.

    LMAO

    Go learn how to fight Ryu.

    The thing is I probably know how to fight ryu 10 times more than you do. I lose to the best player in my region currently. He jus happens to main ryu. Youd never beat him. Shoot youd probably get bodied by my ryu.

    But dont respond to me, respond to @Smashbro29 , you know ur ducking me bro. We offered you a free trip to NEW YORK. The best tour spot in the country for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and you still proving to be all talk. Your pathetic lol
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    Po doesn't need to learn the Ryu matchup; Ryus need to learn the Mega Man matchup
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,848
    dre37k wrote: »
    We offered you a free trip to NEW YORK. The best tour spot in the country for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Debatable.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

    The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

    "Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

    "Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,381
    dre37k wrote: »
    We offered you a free trip to NEW YORK. The best tour spot in the country

    da7.gif
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    edited April 4
    New York is a shit city inhabited by shit people, and I'm sad my best friend has to deal with your shit.

    I already explained my reasons for not taking anyone's charity, take it or leave it, but I don't like feeling I owe someone, especially for something as trivial as this.

    I don't care who you've beaten, they certainly aren't on ZeRo or Nairo's level, and even if they were, I still wouldn't care.

    I don't give a shit about names or past accomplishments- I'm Po motherfuckin' Pimpus- Should our paths ever cross again, I'll make sure, win or lose, that you put some respect on my name.

    And that goes for any of the rest of you mofos that don't play this game, that wanna pop off like you're some "top" player... I still do, and you'd do well to remember that.

    So put together your little psych profiles, tell me I'm being scrubby when I'm the only one still trying to put in work whenever I can, while you theory-craft like there's a Koffing logo at the top of this forum, but I know I can take every single one of you on a good day, and most of you on an off one.

    Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too...

    Fight me.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I'll make sure, win or lose, that you put some respect on my name.

    And then you'll open your mouth and any respect evaporates into space
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,381
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too...

    I offered to send you (and Rayne) to EVO so we can settle this but you turned that down too.

    So you're also ducking me. :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    I. Don't. Take. Charity.

    If I can't do it under my own power, then I don't need to be doing it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    Also, NYC is only the best tourist spot if you have money. NYC is a giant mixing pot of everything, good and bad. If you can afford the good, HURRAY! If not, getouttahere!

    I'd take a trip to San Francisco or Las Angeles over NYC
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,848
    edited April 4
    San Fran is basically just NYC with better weather. All the really good stuff is REALLY good, but also pretty expensive. And the shitty parts of SF are REALLY shitty.

    EDIT:
    Even LA is honestly not THAT much better, but it's cheaper than the other two and is fucking huge. I've lived here for over 15 years and haven't seen a fraction of what it offers.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

    The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

    "Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

    "Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,979
    If anything, come to NY just to hang out with us. Treat Smash as a plus.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 155
    edited April 5
    Very close, Marc. Service industry, yes. Retail. Retail where we have a very curious interpretation of the law and priorities. I got reprimanded for reporting (internally, not going to law enforcement like I probably should have) that we have an alarming tendency to leave the gun cabinet unlocked and open and UNATTENDED. Apparently preventing gun accidents is bad because...???

    Also being on that concrete for so long with no seat kind of wrecks my legs and feet no matter how much effort I put into supporting them. I also get reprimanded for taking breaks. Like, at all. They also keep trying to load me up with more and more working hours regardless of my college studies, on the spoken understanding that "You're really smart, you don't need that much time to study..." - Yes I fucking do, when I'm taking higher math, software coding, and two science labs all in one semester. Management, of note, has never gone to college so they wouldn't fucking know in the first place.

    Yo RedRick, I use to work as a vendor for this bullshit company. That was the day my ass fell hard when I let everyone know I was going to school (this is when I was completing my undergrad degree, I was too friendly then). In fact, a branch manager forced me off my route so that his son could do it and go to college. But that's not all, they made my job as miserable as hell as much as they could. My new assigned route took almost 12-14 hours to do on average; they added new accounts to my route with no increase in salary. They even kept asking how I was going to school and If I could continue to work there. The funny thing is that I broke all kinds of sale records while going to school, I can't remember but I think someone asked me if I was hiring someone to do my school work lol. In addition, my branch manager even told me that I didn't deserve salesman of the year because of attitude. I probably did have a shitty attitude that year but I can truthfully say that your work environment has impact on how you feel about the company itself and managers.

    This may sound strange but the less people know about you the more advantage you have in a corporate environment. I had to learn this the hard way. Thankfully now in my career I don't have to deal with that type of bullshit or not to that degree at least. My best advice when starting a job is to observe, observe, and observe. Watch how people interact with each other, what do they share, are they close, who's the leader, etc?

    I don't think it was a race thing. I believe it had more to do with jealously and people being insecure with their own careers. It has been deep learning experience because I know exactly what bad management looks like and how it alienates your staff. It's helped me shape the type of manager I am today; the only drawback is sometimes I can be too nice. A few of my student workers that take advantage of this A good friend of my mine that helped me get that vending job told before I started to not drive a nice car to work or have someone pick you up in a nice car. He said "the day you do that that's the day yo ass will fall". He was right but not in that context.
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    po pimpus wrote: »
    dre37k wrote: »
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

    Bitch.

    I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand... Scratch that, two fingers.

    I already told you idiots I don't like owing people. A "free" trip to go whoop someone's ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

    Only thing I'm bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they're​ top tier.

    FUCK CLOUD.

    Daily reminder this bitch wouldn't duck a local challenge someone else paid for. You wanna pay for me to come out to you and play a video game? I'm in.

    Daily reminder that "free" means you don't owe anyone anything. They gave you a win-win situation free trip where you win money vs Dre or free trip where you just get a free trip.

    So yes, daily reminder that Po is all talk, he's the LTG of SRK Smash. Now I might be that pissy 3S fan of SRK Smash but at least I'm not LTG.

    Your move bitchboy.

    Edit: You know, you couldn't be the LTG, at least LTG went to a local and accepted the challenge. You're the po pimpus which is infinitely worse.

    LMAO

    Go learn how to fight Ryu.

    Dre taking a loss: Posts a video of it and tries to go over why.

    Po losing another rematch: Try that again bitch! It'll never happen again!

    You have to be a troll, there's no other explanation. No one is that lacking in self-awareness.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,343
    po pimpus wrote: »
    New York is a shit city inhabited by shit people, and I'm sad my best friend has to deal with your shit.

    Didn't Olklahoma and texas vote for trump? Nuff said.
    I already explained my reasons for not taking anyone's charity, take it or leave it, but I don't like feeling I owe someone, especially for something as trivial as this.

    I don't care who you've beaten, they certainly aren't on ZeRo or Nairo's level, and even if they were, I still wouldn't care.

    I don't give a shit about names or past accomplishments- I'm Po motherfuckin' Pimpus- Should our paths ever cross again, I'll make sure, win or lose, that you put some respect on my name.

    Nobody mentioned anything about beating certain players. And you are Po pimpus, the guy with the lowest skill ceiling; the almighty duck; the Proprietor of Ls

    Ull get no respect from me unless you show respect to the guy that beat you time and time again especially after you talked trash.
    And that goes for any of the rest of you mofos that don't play this game, that wanna pop off like you're some "top" player... I still do, and you'd do well to remember that.

    So put together your little psych profiles, tell me I'm being scrubby when I'm the only one still trying to put in work whenever I can, while you theory-craft like there's a Koffing logo at the top of this forum, but I know I can take every single one of you on a good day, and most of you on an off one.

    Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too...

    Fight me.

    I play the game all the time. Offline and online. Even if I didn't I still cook you. You ain't beating nobody here on your best day. Theres no reason for any of us to believe that. You've proven time and time again that you are a scrub, with all this talk and no results to back it up.

    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,280
    edited April 5
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I don't give a shit about names or past accomplishments- I'm Po motherfuckin' Pimpus- Should our paths ever cross again, I'll make sure, win or lose, that you put some respect on my name.

    Tall talk for someone whose only real 'accomplishment' is getting their ass kicked an inordinate number of times, to the point where reinforcement and conditioning apparently do not apply to your behavior. In other words, you might have an actual learning disability and you might want to get checked for that.
    And that goes for any of the rest of you mofos that don't play this game, that wanna pop off like you're some "top" player... I still do, and you'd do well to remember that.

    So what? You're barely above average. Imagine if we were instead a community about making swords, but most of us stopped making swords for whatever reason. Then you popped off about how you're the only one among us still making swords, but your swords are basically the tiniest notch above some pawn-shop crap fake katana. Are we supposed to commend you for that? No, and we're not going to give a flying fuck about you still playing Smash slightly better than the average dumbshit who thinks "multi-jump as Kirby, down-B" is a great strategy.
    So put together your little psych profiles, tell me I'm being scrubby when I'm the only one still trying to put in work whenever I can,

    I barely have time to play because I'm working a job that pretty much pulverizes my body, on top of full time and sometimes 'overtime' college attendance. I'm pulling the kind of schedule that put Ono in the hospital, and basically gambling that I can hold myself together better than he did (not that I'm in any way suggesting Ono was weak for that; he was amazing to do as much as he did and capcom was wrong to push him that hard).

    Then fuckwits like you vote for a man who is only going to make our socio-economic situation worse and act like you have some moral high ground because you can keep wasting inordinate amounts of time getting your fucking ass whooped in Smash. Meanwhile, I'm concerned because that man is targeting the very grants I need to go to college in the first place because he wants more money to spend on killing people!

    Yet you sit here bragging about being vaguely okay at a video game. Fuck you! Stop voting to make my life worse at every fucking turn! Knowing what's going on in your head from a psych-profile perspective doesn't change the fact I fucking hate you and have very good reasons for it! Get off your fucking high-horse! You voted for an admitted sexual predator who is doing everything he can to turn this nation into an authoritarian shithole (more than it already was, at least) and is making policy decisions that threaten to outright ruin my life!
    while you theory-craft like there's a Koffing logo at the top of this forum, but I know I can take every single one of you on a good day, and most of you on an off one.

    Bullshit. Pretty much everyone here has whooped on you at length. I did it while I was dying from an undiagnosed-at-the-time skull infection, using goddamn 50-50 size Mii Swordfighter against your main at the time! And I'm nowhere near the best player here; Rayne, LW, and I imagine CG have all likewise whooped the shit out of you enough to prove the point. Don't act like you're the king of the hill.

    You're fucking trash in any real competitive scope. When I call you 'above average', understand that I'm factoring in the general casual playing population too. I'm being generous. In any serious environment, you get destroyed.
    Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too... Fight me.

    Stop barking. Nobody's impressed with your bluster anymore, if they ever were. You have no room to talk shit to anyone. Least of all LW, who has handed you your ass so many times I've lost count.

    I'm pretty much ready to put you on ignore forever, as at this point I genuinely hate you and I find people like CG or UnSaxon or Rayne more fun to talk to!
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,280
    edited April 5
    This may sound strange but the less people know about you the more advantage you have in a corporate environment.

    Marc, I really appreciate the advice and insight, but in a fairly rural region... 'the walls have ears', I'm afraid. It would have been impossible for me to conceal my college attendance. Management has on occasion made note of my vehicle being on-campus (not hard to do; my vehicle is VERY visually distinct) and making dean's list is publicly published in the newspapers. (And I always make dean's list; I get very few grants as it is, and am terrified of what will happen if I ever have a GPA decrease; I'm sure what little funding I do get would vanish on the spot.)
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,848
    And this is only page 2.

    Ignore would work better if I didn't see quotes in other peoples' posts.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

    The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

    "Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

    "Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,381
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    And this is only page 2.

    Now all we need is an emo pity party from me and the cycle will be complete!

    ...on second thought, let's not. :sweat:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,280
    edited April 5
    No, I'm rather glad you've been improving on that front, LW.

    Tell you what UnSaxon, I'll go ahead and put po on ignore as well. I know full well what I said to him isn't going to get through. (Edit: Mistakenly called UnSaxon "CG". Oops. Anyway, done; I've put the little shit on ignore and this time it will not be coming off. Go have fun being the leader of an abandoned colony, po.)

    So while I've got a few minutes this morning... do we have any news on a Switch Smash? It makes plenty of sense (see the MK8 port), but do we have any new info on it? I admit that what little free time I do have could go into a Smash game on the Switch; I'm interested to try Link again now that I've been proven wrong about him by T.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    Lol @ putting me on ignore but taking Dre and Smashos29 seriously.

    One's arrogance and pettiness knows no bounds, and the other is a coward, bitch, and a fraud.

    Funniest part? All of you are the real ducks. Only Davidstar actually plays... Hell, anytime the Blood Moon rises and one of you jerks is online, you duck and dodge like you're playing Vanquish.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,423
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Funniest part? All of you are the real ducks. Only Davidstar actually plays... Hell, anytime the Blood Moon rises and one of you jerks is online, you duck and dodge like you're playing Vanquish.

    I. Don't. Take. Charity. Wins.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 I need a win button Joined: Posts: 20,381
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol @ putting me on ignore but taking Dre and Smashos29 seriously.

    One's arrogance and pettiness knows no bounds, and the other is a coward, bitch, and a fraud.

    Funniest part? All of you are the real ducks. Only Davidstar actually plays... Hell, anytime the Blood Moon rises and one of you jerks is online, you duck and dodge like you're playing Vanquish.

    They're not the ones spewing absolute nonsense 24/7 and being generally unbearable while deluding themselves into thinking that they're above everyone else.

    And I offered you the chance to play people offline. TWICE. Ya know, your preferable environment since you complain about online so much. You just make the excuse that you don't take charity. So who's the real duck again?
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

    VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,418
    You don't seem to understand. I'm not letting you waste your money to send me to NY to whoop on Dre because I don't want to feel like I owe you, which I will feel like because I don't like accepting charity.

    If I can't do it, earn it, or win it myself, then that makes me feel weak and helpless. I was kicking myself all last year at EVO because of it, and I ain't doing it ever again.

    I see I'm wasting my time with this thread and this forum, since no one here is actually interested in Smash, just petty bickering and shit talk, which would be fine if people actually played...

    So fuck it, this shit can die... I'm going to go find some people that actually do play.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 155
    Don't go @po pimpus . I'll play you. At least stick around for me and Dre's rematch.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol @ putting me on ignore but taking Dre and Smashos29 seriously.

    One's arrogance and pettiness knows no bounds, and the other is a coward, bitch, and a fraud.

    Funniest part? All of you are the real ducks. Only Davidstar actually plays... Hell, anytime the Blood Moon rises and one of you jerks is online, you duck and dodge like you're playing Vanquish.

    I like to think I grew up a little. You're exactly the same. Sorry you didn't progress as a person man.
Sign In or Register to comment.