Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,538
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too...

I offered to send you (and Rayne) to EVO so we can settle this but you turned that down too.

So you're also ducking me. :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Guile(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,355
    I. Don't. Take. Charity.

If I can't do it under my own power, then I don't need to be doing it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,160
    Also, NYC is only the best tourist spot if you have money. NYC is a giant mixing pot of everything, good and bad. If you can afford the good, HURRAY! If not, getouttahere!

I'd take a trip to San Francisco or Las Angeles over NYC
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 GET KIDNAPPED AGAIN Joined: Posts: 4,081
    edited April 4
    San Fran is basically just NYC with better weather. All the really good stuff is REALLY good, but also pretty expensive. And the shitty parts of SF are REALLY shitty.

EDIT:
    Even LA is honestly not THAT much better, but it's cheaper than the other two and is fucking huge. I've lived here for over 15 years and haven't seen a fraction of what it offers.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,224
    If anything, come to NY just to hang out with us. Treat Smash as a plus.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 252
    edited April 5
    Very close, Marc. Service industry, yes. Retail. Retail where we have a very curious interpretation of the law and priorities. I got reprimanded for reporting (internally, not going to law enforcement like I probably should have) that we have an alarming tendency to leave the gun cabinet unlocked and open and UNATTENDED. Apparently preventing gun accidents is bad because...???

Also being on that concrete for so long with no seat kind of wrecks my legs and feet no matter how much effort I put into supporting them. I also get reprimanded for taking breaks. Like, at all. They also keep trying to load me up with more and more working hours regardless of my college studies, on the spoken understanding that "You're really smart, you don't need that much time to study..." - Yes I fucking do, when I'm taking higher math, software coding, and two science labs all in one semester. Management, of note, has never gone to college so they wouldn't fucking know in the first place.

Yo RedRick, I use to work as a vendor for this bullshit company. That was the day my ass fell hard when I let everyone know I was going to school (this is when I was completing my undergrad degree, I was too friendly then). In fact, a branch manager forced me off my route so that his son could do it and go to college. But that's not all, they made my job as miserable as hell as much as they could. My new assigned route took almost 12-14 hours to do on average; they added new accounts to my route with no increase in salary. They even kept asking how I was going to school and If I could continue to work there. The funny thing is that I broke all kinds of sale records while going to school, I can't remember but I think someone asked me if I was hiring someone to do my school work lol. In addition, my branch manager even told me that I didn't deserve salesman of the year because of attitude. I probably did have a shitty attitude that year but I can truthfully say that your work environment has impact on how you feel about the company itself and managers.

This may sound strange but the less people know about you the more advantage you have in a corporate environment. I had to learn this the hard way. Thankfully now in my career I don't have to deal with that type of bullshit or not to that degree at least. My best advice when starting a job is to observe, observe, and observe. Watch how people interact with each other, what do they share, are they close, who's the leader, etc?

I don't think it was a race thing. I believe it had more to do with jealously and people being insecure with their own careers. It has been deep learning experience because I know exactly what bad management looks like and how it alienates your staff. It's helped me shape the type of manager I am today; the only drawback is sometimes I can be too nice. A few of my student workers that take advantage of this A good friend of my mine that helped me get that vending job told before I started to not drive a nice car to work or have someone pick you up in a nice car. He said "the day you do that that's the day yo ass will fall". He was right but not in that context.
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,198
    dre37k wrote: »
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    See me in a fighting game, bruh lol. Fuck Smash.
    Daily reminder that Smashbros is a bitch, always was a bitch, and will continue to always be a bitch.

Bitch.

I can count the number of people using Cloud because they love him on one hand... Scratch that, two fingers.

I already told you idiots I don't like owing people. A "free" trip to go whoop someone's ass that loses to Ryu all the time because he blocks with his face is definitely not the kind of shit I wanna be indebted to anyone over.

Only thing I'm bad at in Smash is dick riding top tiers just because they're​ top tier.

FUCK CLOUD.

Daily reminder this bitch wouldn't duck a local challenge someone else paid for. You wanna pay for me to come out to you and play a video game? I'm in.

Daily reminder that "free" means you don't owe anyone anything. They gave you a win-win situation free trip where you win money vs Dre or free trip where you just get a free trip.

So yes, daily reminder that Po is all talk, he's the LTG of SRK Smash. Now I might be that pissy 3S fan of SRK Smash but at least I'm not LTG.

Your move bitchboy.

Edit: You know, you couldn't be the LTG, at least LTG went to a local and accepted the challenge. You're the po pimpus which is infinitely worse.

LMAO

Go learn how to fight Ryu.

Dre taking a loss: Posts a video of it and tries to go over why.

Po losing another rematch: Try that again bitch! It'll never happen again!

You have to be a troll, there's no other explanation. No one is that lacking in self-awareness.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    New York is a shit city inhabited by shit people, and I'm sad my best friend has to deal with your shit.

Didn't Olklahoma and texas vote for trump? Nuff said.
    I already explained my reasons for not taking anyone's charity, take it or leave it, but I don't like feeling I owe someone, especially for something as trivial as this.

I don't care who you've beaten, they certainly aren't on ZeRo or Nairo's level, and even if they were, I still wouldn't care.

I don't give a shit about names or past accomplishments- I'm Po motherfuckin' Pimpus- Should our paths ever cross again, I'll make sure, win or lose, that you put some respect on my name.

Nobody mentioned anything about beating certain players. And you are Po pimpus, the guy with the lowest skill ceiling; the almighty duck; the Proprietor of Ls

Ull get no respect from me unless you show respect to the guy that beat you time and time again especially after you talked trash.
    And that goes for any of the rest of you mofos that don't play this game, that wanna pop off like you're some "top" player... I still do, and you'd do well to remember that.

So put together your little psych profiles, tell me I'm being scrubby when I'm the only one still trying to put in work whenever I can, while you theory-craft like there's a Koffing logo at the top of this forum, but I know I can take every single one of you on a good day, and most of you on an off one.

Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too...

Fight me.

I play the game all the time. Offline and online. Even if I didn't I still cook you. You ain't beating nobody here on your best day. Theres no reason for any of us to believe that. You've proven time and time again that you are a scrub, with all this talk and no results to back it up.

NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    edited April 5
    I don't give a shit about names or past accomplishments- I'm Po motherfuckin' Pimpus- Should our paths ever cross again, I'll make sure, win or lose, that you put some respect on my name.

Tall talk for someone whose only real 'accomplishment' is getting their ass kicked an inordinate number of times, to the point where reinforcement and conditioning apparently do not apply to your behavior. In other words, you might have an actual learning disability and you might want to get checked for that.
    And that goes for any of the rest of you mofos that don't play this game, that wanna pop off like you're some "top" player... I still do, and you'd do well to remember that.

So what? You're barely above average. Imagine if we were instead a community about making swords, but most of us stopped making swords for whatever reason. Then you popped off about how you're the only one among us still making swords, but your swords are basically the tiniest notch above some pawn-shop crap fake katana. Are we supposed to commend you for that? No, and we're not going to give a flying fuck about you still playing Smash slightly better than the average dumbshit who thinks "multi-jump as Kirby, down-B" is a great strategy.
    So put together your little psych profiles, tell me I'm being scrubby when I'm the only one still trying to put in work whenever I can,

I barely have time to play because I'm working a job that pretty much pulverizes my body, on top of full time and sometimes 'overtime' college attendance. I'm pulling the kind of schedule that put Ono in the hospital, and basically gambling that I can hold myself together better than he did (not that I'm in any way suggesting Ono was weak for that; he was amazing to do as much as he did and capcom was wrong to push him that hard).

Then fuckwits like you vote for a man who is only going to make our socio-economic situation worse and act like you have some moral high ground because you can keep wasting inordinate amounts of time getting your fucking ass whooped in Smash. Meanwhile, I'm concerned because that man is targeting the very grants I need to go to college in the first place because he wants more money to spend on killing people!

Yet you sit here bragging about being vaguely okay at a video game. Fuck you! Stop voting to make my life worse at every fucking turn! Knowing what's going on in your head from a psych-profile perspective doesn't change the fact I fucking hate you and have very good reasons for it! Get off your fucking high-horse! You voted for an admitted sexual predator who is doing everything he can to turn this nation into an authoritarian shithole (more than it already was, at least) and is making policy decisions that threaten to outright ruin my life!
    while you theory-craft like there's a Koffing logo at the top of this forum, but I know I can take every single one of you on a good day, and most of you on an off one.

Bullshit. Pretty much everyone here has whooped on you at length. I did it while I was dying from an undiagnosed-at-the-time skull infection, using goddamn 50-50 size Mii Swordfighter against your main at the time! And I'm nowhere near the best player here; Rayne, LW, and I imagine CG have all likewise whooped the shit out of you enough to prove the point. Don't act like you're the king of the hill.

You're fucking trash in any real competitive scope. When I call you 'above average', understand that I'm factoring in the general casual playing population too. I'm being generous. In any serious environment, you get destroyed.
    Sit down, LW, cuz I'll murk you too... Fight me.

Stop barking. Nobody's impressed with your bluster anymore, if they ever were. You have no room to talk shit to anyone. Least of all LW, who has handed you your ass so many times I've lost count.

I'm pretty much ready to put you on ignore forever, as at this point I genuinely hate you and I find people like CG or UnSaxon or Rayne more fun to talk to!
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    edited April 5
    This may sound strange but the less people know about you the more advantage you have in a corporate environment.

Marc, I really appreciate the advice and insight, but in a fairly rural region... 'the walls have ears', I'm afraid. It would have been impossible for me to conceal my college attendance. Management has on occasion made note of my vehicle being on-campus (not hard to do; my vehicle is VERY visually distinct) and making dean's list is publicly published in the newspapers. (And I always make dean's list; I get very few grants as it is, and am terrified of what will happen if I ever have a GPA decrease; I'm sure what little funding I do get would vanish on the spot.)
    And this is only page 2.

Ignore would work better if I didn't see quotes in other peoples' posts.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,538
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    And this is only page 2.

Now all we need is an emo pity party from me and the cycle will be complete!

...on second thought, let's not. :sweat:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

edited April 5
    No, I'm rather glad you've been improving on that front, LW.

Tell you what UnSaxon, I'll go ahead and put po on ignore as well. I know full well what I said to him isn't going to get through. (Edit: Mistakenly called UnSaxon "CG". Oops. Anyway, done; I've put the little shit on ignore and this time it will not be coming off. Go have fun being the leader of an abandoned colony, po.)

So while I've got a few minutes this morning... do we have any news on a Switch Smash? It makes plenty of sense (see the MK8 port), but do we have any new info on it? I admit that what little free time I do have could go into a Smash game on the Switch; I'm interested to try Link again now that I've been proven wrong about him by T.
    Lol @ putting me on ignore but taking Dre and Smashos29 seriously.

One's arrogance and pettiness knows no bounds, and the other is a coward, bitch, and a fraud.

Funniest part? All of you are the real ducks. Only Davidstar actually plays... Hell, anytime the Blood Moon rises and one of you jerks is online, you duck and dodge like you're playing Vanquish.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Funniest part? All of you are the real ducks. Only Davidstar actually plays... Hell, anytime the Blood Moon rises and one of you jerks is online, you duck and dodge like you're playing Vanquish.

I. Don't. Take. Charity. Wins.

One's arrogance and pettiness knows no bounds, and the other is a coward, bitch, and a fraud.

They're not the ones spewing absolute nonsense 24/7 and being generally unbearable while deluding themselves into thinking that they're above everyone else.

And I offered you the chance to play people offline. TWICE. Ya know, your preferable environment since you complain about online so much. You just make the excuse that you don't take charity. So who's the real duck again?
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

You don't seem to understand. I'm not letting you waste your money to send me to NY to whoop on Dre because I don't want to feel like I owe you, which I will feel like because I don't like accepting charity.

If I can't do it, earn it, or win it myself, then that makes me feel weak and helpless. I was kicking myself all last year at EVO because of it, and I ain't doing it ever again.

I see I'm wasting my time with this thread and this forum, since no one here is actually interested in Smash, just petty bickering and shit talk, which would be fine if people actually played...

So fuck it, this shit can die... I'm going to go find some people that actually do play.
    Don't go @po pimpus . I'll play you. At least stick around for me and Dre's rematch.

I like to think I grew up a little. You're exactly the same. Sorry you didn't progress as a person man.
    I like to think I grew up a little. You're exactly the same. Sorry you didn't progress as a person man.

Accidentally clicked on your post. Was surprised to see this line. Looked through a few more posts, surprised at their general content.

Am willing to see if this is actually the case, and have removed you from my Ignore list accordingly. (Not that this is any great cause for celebration on your part, but hey)

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,053
    I don't play smash anymore
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,406
    When Nintendo implements GGPO I'll return to Smash.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther

Accidentally clicked on your post. Was surprised to see this line. Looked through a few more posts, surprised at their general content.

Am willing to see if this is actually the case, and have removed you from my Ignore list accordingly. (Not that this is any great cause for celebration on your part, but hey)

I really cut down on my forum usage, very good for my mental health.
    Insightful.
    edited April 6
    So I went to my local yesterday in Mamaroneck. I recently fell off completely in smash due to college and just overall playing less because of responsibilities but I occasionally make it out. I admit I definitely havent been keeping up with everyone. Been really rusty. I was recently kicked off the PR because of not performing too good but I still numerically deserved at least #10.

I went yesterday mollies and was seeded very badly, and I had to fight basically the entire PR and I beat everyone. And I pulled CAPTAIN FALCON (talking to you @po pimpus ) out in losers finals against a lucas player (Grain) and ended up 3-1ing him. He actually sent my mario to losers but I came back and counterpicked him with falcon. It was really hype.

Ended up getting second place to a greninja in my crew. I got 2nd place after being completely slept on. So it was an amazing day.
    So I went to my local yesterday in Mamaroneck. I recently fell off completely in smash due to college and just overall playing less because of responsibilities but I occasionally make it out. I admit I definitely havent been keeping up with everyone. Been really rusty. I was recently kicked off the PR because of not performing too good but I still numerically deserved at least #10.

I went yesterday mollies and was seeded very badly, and I had to fight basically the entire PR and I beat everyone. And I pulled CAPTAIN FALCON (talking to you @po pimpus ) out in losers finals against a lucas player (Grain) and ended up 3-1ing him. He actually sent my mario to losers but I came back and counterpicked him with falcon. It was really hype.

Ended up getting second place to a greninja in my crew. I got 2nd place after being completely slept on. So it was an amazing day.

The reason why you got second place now is because most undergraduate programs are a complete joke. They require almost zero effort to succeed, so saying that you've been occupied with your "studies" just doesn't carry a lot of weight now lol. Dre how many people are in your crew? And who are they?

I went to deep in the Bronx yesterday (at night), and man, that borough is a freaking wasteland and they have mad zombies walking around. Every corner was sketchy as hell too.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,224
    He's a nursing major, bruh lol. That shit is demanding.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited April 7
    I went to a local today too. Got there too late for Singles, but played Teams with a random Fox player and we got 3rd. Fox dude carried us hard in our first match, and I stock tanked the rest of the way.

Going to another tomorrow to see how I do in 1v1.

There should be a Twitch archive somewhere... Look for Eruption #26.
    edited April 7
    He's a nursing major, bruh lol. That shit is demanding.

Sorry to disappoint you Tyrone but its not as demanding as you think. You study; you manage your time, you take a test, you pass. If you half ass study and don't do the readings, yeah you not going to get a B or higher. Its that simple. Most nursing programs revolve around test taking. I don't know Dre's reading comprehension level, so maybe he has to read stuff multiple times, maybe he is like Mood he can remember shit just by looking at it once. I have no idea, just put in the work to overcome that.

@po pimpus If you got 3rd place in teams, how many people showed up at that tourney, 6 lol?
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
    I got a near perfect GPA and I barely studied at all.

Dre has no excuses. :coffee:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Never underestimate the power of a good stock tank
    Marc if you dont shut the hell up with your ignorance. Nursing school is one of the most demanding programs. Im sure its harder than learning to be a salesman

I had a 3.96 gpa before joining the nursing program so basically a 4.0. School has always been easy until I joined the program
    Generally speaking, Marc is right that most undergrad programs are not exactly... demanding. And most undergrad students are not particularly dedicated. This is just a fact of most education.

However, basically any medical program requires a huge amount of time and dedication if you want to stay in, even at an undergrad level.
    With that said, I'm surprised Dre actually has time to play any video games at all, much less go to tournaments. And if he's working toward a Nursing degree, it seems even more silly how he's constantly trying to wave his power rating at us.

When did I wave my power rating at you guys?

Honestly the only person I flex on is po. But thats cuz hes an asshole that talks alot if trash

Honestly the only person I flex on is po. But thats cuz hes an asshole that talks alot if trash

And I'll flex right back because you ain't no better than me, son.

And I'll flex right back because you ain't no better than me, son.

Dre is better than you at Smash.

Need I remind you, you have yet to defeat me in a FTanything. Even when you were using Sheik and I was using Mega Man which you claimed to be an impossible match-up at the time. Dre has beaten me in a FT3, and not because of online.

I mean I have a better Mario than Dre but that's besides the point. :wink:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Marc if you dont shut the hell up with your ignorance. Nursing school is one of the most demanding programs. Im sure its harder than learning to be a salesman

I had a 3.96 gpa before joining the nursing program so basically a 4.0. School has always been easy until I joined the program

Maybe it is harder than learning how to be a salesman. I wouldn't know, I never went to school to learn how to be a salesman. My cousin just finished her nursing program. She was lucky, she practically had a job waiting for her. Its a little bit of a travel but she gets paid decently I just can't help but notice the rise of nursing schools around the country and how students are flocking to nursing programs because they think its a sure bet of making a really high salary. I can only imagine how much they charging in tuition.

Anyways, are you guys going to watch for Po and Rayne tonight on Twitch and check OKC competiton. I know its in OKC because Po doesn't travel far for a tourney.
    Rayne probably won't go. I'll ask him, but he seems done with Smash at the moment.

And no, Dre is not now, nor has he ever, or ever will be better than me. I don't care how many cheerleaders he has in here supporting him.

I don't need a forum full of non-factors hyping me up... I'll go out here and prove my skills, one fight at a time.

Twitch.tv/SonicStorm, or something like that, I think.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,053
    i hate all of you
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails