Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

Comments

• Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,270
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    I like to think I grew up a little. You're exactly the same. Sorry you didn't progress as a person man.

Accidentally clicked on your post. Was surprised to see this line. Looked through a few more posts, surprised at their general content.

Am willing to see if this is actually the case, and have removed you from my Ignore list accordingly. (Not that this is any great cause for celebration on your part, but hey)

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,019
    I don't play smash anymore
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,332
    When Nintendo implements GGPO I'll return to Smash.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    I like to think I grew up a little. You're exactly the same. Sorry you didn't progress as a person man.

Accidentally clicked on your post. Was surprised to see this line. Looked through a few more posts, surprised at their general content.

Am willing to see if this is actually the case, and have removed you from my Ignore list accordingly. (Not that this is any great cause for celebration on your part, but hey)

I really cut down on my forum usage, very good for my mental health.
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,270
    Insightful.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,343
    edited April 6
    So I went to my local yesterday in Mamaroneck. I recently fell off completely in smash due to college and just overall playing less because of responsibilities but I occasionally make it out. I admit I definitely havent been keeping up with everyone. Been really rusty. I was recently kicked off the PR because of not performing too good but I still numerically deserved at least #10.

I went yesterday mollies and was seeded very badly, and I had to fight basically the entire PR and I beat everyone. And I pulled CAPTAIN FALCON (talking to you @po pimpus ) out in losers finals against a lucas player (Grain) and ended up 3-1ing him. He actually sent my mario to losers but I came back and counterpicked him with falcon. It was really hype.

Ended up getting second place to a greninja in my crew. I got 2nd place after being completely slept on. So it was an amazing day.
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 155
    dre37k wrote: »
    So I went to my local yesterday in Mamaroneck. I recently fell off completely in smash due to college and just overall playing less because of responsibilities but I occasionally make it out. I admit I definitely havent been keeping up with everyone. Been really rusty. I was recently kicked off the PR because of not performing too good but I still numerically deserved at least #10.

I went yesterday mollies and was seeded very badly, and I had to fight basically the entire PR and I beat everyone. And I pulled CAPTAIN FALCON (talking to you @po pimpus ) out in losers finals against a lucas player (Grain) and ended up 3-1ing him. He actually sent my mario to losers but I came back and counterpicked him with falcon. It was really hype.

Ended up getting second place to a greninja in my crew. I got 2nd place after being completely slept on. So it was an amazing day.

The reason why you got second place now is because most undergraduate programs are a complete joke. They require almost zero effort to succeed, so saying that you've been occupied with your "studies" just doesn't carry a lot of weight now lol. Dre how many people are in your crew? And who are they?

I went to deep in the Bronx yesterday (at night), and man, that borough is a freaking wasteland and they have mad zombies walking around. Every corner was sketchy as hell too.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,960
    He's a nursing major, bruh lol. That shit is demanding.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,385
    edited April 7
    I went to a local today too. Got there too late for Singles, but played Teams with a random Fox player and we got 3rd. Fox dude carried us hard in our first match, and I stock tanked the rest of the way.

Going to another tomorrow to see how I do in 1v1.

There should be a Twitch archive somewhere... Look for Eruption #26.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited April 7
    He's a nursing major, bruh lol. That shit is demanding.

Sorry to disappoint you Tyrone but its not as demanding as you think. You study; you manage your time, you take a test, you pass. If you half ass study and don't do the readings, yeah you not going to get a B or higher. Its that simple. Most nursing programs revolve around test taking. I don't know Dre's reading comprehension level, so maybe he has to read stuff multiple times, maybe he is like Mood he can remember shit just by looking at it once. I have no idea, just put in the work to overcome that.

@po pimpus If you got 3rd place in teams, how many people showed up at that tourney, 6 lol?
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 20,326
    I got a near perfect GPA and I barely studied at all.

Dre has no excuses. :coffee:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,403
    Never underestimate the power of a good stock tank
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    Marc if you dont shut the hell up with your ignorance. Nursing school is one of the most demanding programs. Im sure its harder than learning to be a salesman

I had a 3.96 gpa before joining the nursing program so basically a 4.0. School has always been easy until I joined the program
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,844
    Generally speaking, Marc is right that most undergrad programs are not exactly... demanding. And most undergrad students are not particularly dedicated. This is just a fact of most education.

However, basically any medical program requires a huge amount of time and dedication if you want to stay in, even at an undergrad level.
    With that said, I'm surprised Dre actually has time to play any video games at all, much less go to tournaments. And if he's working toward a Nursing degree, it seems even more silly how he's constantly trying to wave his power rating at us.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    When did I wave my power rating at you guys?

Honestly the only person I flex on is po. But thats cuz hes an asshole that talks alot if trash

Honestly the only person I flex on is po. But thats cuz hes an asshole that talks alot if trash

And I'll flex right back because you ain't no better than me, son.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

And I'll flex right back because you ain't no better than me, son.

Dre is better than you at Smash.

Need I remind you, you have yet to defeat me in a FTanything. Even when you were using Sheik and I was using Mega Man which you claimed to be an impossible match-up at the time. Dre has beaten me in a FT3, and not because of online.

I mean I have a better Mario than Dre but that's besides the point. :wink:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Marc if you dont shut the hell up with your ignorance. Nursing school is one of the most demanding programs. Im sure its harder than learning to be a salesman

I had a 3.96 gpa before joining the nursing program so basically a 4.0. School has always been easy until I joined the program

Maybe it is harder than learning how to be a salesman. I wouldn't know, I never went to school to learn how to be a salesman. My cousin just finished her nursing program. She was lucky, she practically had a job waiting for her. Its a little bit of a travel but she gets paid decently I just can't help but notice the rise of nursing schools around the country and how students are flocking to nursing programs because they think its a sure bet of making a really high salary. I can only imagine how much they charging in tuition.

Anyways, are you guys going to watch for Po and Rayne tonight on Twitch and check OKC competiton. I know its in OKC because Po doesn't travel far for a tourney.
    Rayne probably won't go. I'll ask him, but he seems done with Smash at the moment.

And no, Dre is not now, nor has he ever, or ever will be better than me. I don't care how many cheerleaders he has in here supporting him.

I don't need a forum full of non-factors hyping me up... I'll go out here and prove my skills, one fight at a time.

Twitch.tv/SonicStorm, or something like that, I think.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,019
    i hate all of you
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    @MarcOfTheBeast @po pimpus

Whats the stream scrubs
    @MarcOfTheBeast @po pimpus

Whats the stream scrubs

I can't find it lol. I think Po is hallucinating.
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,932
    Yall nijjas gay, all of you.
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    KaboXx wrote: »
    Yall nijjas gay, all of you.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Kabo

C'Mere

Got something for you
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    Rayne probably won't go. I'll ask him, but he seems done with Smash at the moment.

And no, Dre is not now, nor has he ever, or ever will be better than me. I don't care how many cheerleaders he has in here supporting him.

I don't need a forum full of non-factors hyping me up... I'll go out here and prove my skills, one fight at a time.

Twitch.tv/SonicStorm, or something like that, I think.

Forget the cheerleaders, just look at the scoreboard.
    @Raging_Zoroark

World's best ROB combo at 6:51
    Why they removed the "like" button? I don't understand SKR.
    edited April 10
    Hey guys listen up, I think we should start a weekly smash meet up online for an hour or 2 (there will be no obligation to attend). 1 or 2 people can create a room then people can drop in freely; this will be an opportunity for all of us to get better and "experiment". I'm still new here and maybe you guys have already tried this and it just didn't work. What are you guys thoughts about this? We would just need to coordinate the best times for everyone. If you are interested, what time works for you. I'll start putting everyone into a sheet or something.

@Phantom Angel @dre37k @Mood4food77 I'm visiting OKC in August 17th-28th. You guys should come visit for a couple of days, especially since OKC is having more weekly smash events and you'll get to play Po on his home turf. The food prices are dirt cheap and they have some really good spots. It will be a good change of scenery. Tyrone before you go on some I don't play smash rant and I only play Street fighter. They have some people there that will give you some work in Street fighter.

Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
    I'd like to play more but a) my connection is shit and b) I simply do not have time.
    Hey guys listen up, I think we should start a weekly smash meet up online for an hour or 2 (there will be no obligation to attend). 1 or 2 people can create a room then people can drop in freely; this will be an opportunity for all of us to get better and "experiment". I'm still new here and maybe you guys have already tried this and it just didn't work. What are you guys thoughts about this? We would just need to coordinate the best times for everyone. If you are interested, what time works for you. I'll start putting everyone into a sheet or something.

@Phantom Angel @dre37k @Mood4food77 I'm visiting OKC in August 17th-28th. You guys should come visit for a couple of days, especially since OKC is having more weekly smash events and you'll get to play Po on his home turf. The food prices are dirt cheap and they have some really good spots. It will be a good change of scenery. Tyrone before you go on some I don't play smash rant and I only play Street fighter. They have some people there that will give you some work in Street fighter.

Im down for the online thing. Someone has to just make a time and stick with it.

Also about going to OKC. How much is that ticket? I'm sure me and @Phantom Angel would be down if we got the "pop pimpus donation" *eye emojis* lol.

In other news, I went to a foredam university tournament cuz Im on spring break. Prizes were a 100$ amazon gift card for 1st, 75$ card for 2nd and 50 for 3rd. Me and my brother went.

The players were ok, until late rounds. Manie almost beat me but I clutched it out and then he lost to a little mac in losers semis. He wasn't happy about that. I had to face him in losers finals where he 2-0ed my mario. I honestly couldn't believe I was losing to a little mac. But I counterpicked to sonic and reversed 3-0ed him. I ended up getting 2nd place because I was double eliminated by a player named jack777. I was happy

Goes to show that having secondaries can really help you pull thru in the end.
    I'd be down for that.

Im down for the online thing. Someone has to just make a time and stick with it.

Also about going to OKC. How much is that ticket? I'm sure me and @Phantom Angel would be down if we got the "pop pimpus donation" *eye emojis* lol.

In other news, I went to a foredam university tournament cuz Im on spring break. Prizes were a 100$ amazon gift card for 1st, 75$ card for 2nd and 50 for 3rd. Me and my brother went.

The players were ok, until late rounds. Manie almost beat me but I clutched it out and then he lost to a little mac in losers semis. He wasn't happy about that. I had to face him in losers finals where he 2-0ed my mario. I honestly couldn't believe I was losing to a little mac. But I counterpicked to sonic and reversed 3-0ed him. I ended up getting 2nd place because I was double eliminated by a player named jack777. I was happy

Goes to show that having secondaries can really help you pull thru in the end.

Oh shit @po pimpus ! I think you guys can get some type of donation from everyone. Also, it would be pointless to look now because the prices will not be same in a few months from now. The best days to book a flight to OKC is to arrive on a Tuesday and try to return on a Thursday or Saturday for a lower price. But off the top of my head, I'm guessing that the prices for a round trip will be anywhere from 299-350.

If you are interested in the online thing, just put the days and times that you are free.
    I'll donate some skrilla for these scrubs. Dre will probably do well until he loses to like Johan or Deezus. Tyrone will continually get rocked in everything he plays, especially if we can lure @Rayne_ out of his cave to play some anime games.
    @UnSaxon51

http://shoryuken.com/2017/04/10/2ggc-gekkouga-saga-comes-to-the-esports-arena-on-may-20th/
    As with all 2GGC Sagas, there will be both singles and doubles events for players to try and earn those precious 2GGC Ranking Points, along with a special combo contest dedicated to the ninja frog. Greninja players are infamous for posting incredibly stylish and intricate combos on Twitter, so this event will finally pit them against each other for the title of greatest amphibian. Based on a tweet from 2GGaming, it looks like they will be flying in international Greninja mains like Elexiao, Waveguider, DarkAura, Eddy, Serge, Oisiitofu, Some, and more to compete at the event.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,844
    I would be totally down for this. However, chances of me finding a reliable time each week is very difficult with my work schedule, my wife's work schedule, and kid responsibilities.
    If you are able to put something together, I'd join in whenever I could but make no promises.
    @UnSaxon51
    http://shoryuken.com/2017/04/10/2ggc-gekkouga-saga-comes-to-the-esports-arena-on-may-20th/
    As with all 2GGC Sagas, there will be both singles and doubles events for players to try and earn those precious 2GGC Ranking Points, along with a special combo contest dedicated to the ninja frog. Greninja players are infamous for posting incredibly stylish and intricate combos on Twitter, so this event will finally pit them against each other for the title of greatest amphibian. Based on a tweet from 2GGaming, it looks like they will be flying in international Greninja mains like Elexiao, Waveguider, DarkAura, Eddy, Serge, Oisiitofu, Some, and more to compete at the event.
    Yeah, I saw it. I want to go so bad, but that weekend is my anniversary, so probably not gonna happen.

Stupid real life, always getting in the way of awesome video game stuff. </sarcasm>

UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw it. I want to go so bad, but that weekend is my anniversary, so probably not gonna happen.

Stupid real life, always getting in the way of awesome video game stuff. </sarcasm>

See, this is why you should've stayed single like me. Who needs a relationship with someone you truly cherish when you can stay at home and be with PLASTIC and PIXELS!!!

Truly this is what life is all about.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Marc, I'd love to participate but there are a few things I'm waiting for:

1 - A Switch version of the game. My Wii U is in storage and I do not feel like digging it up.

2 - My life schedule needs to improve. Turns out stacking multiple math, hard-science, and computer programming courses on top of one another in one semester was basically 'RIP my free time'. We'll see how future semesters look, since I kind of designed this last one to front-load most of my sucky courses. Some future ones will be ALMOST as bad, but never this shitty as far as I can tell.

Other than that, I am interested. T's run as Link did a lot to improve my interest in the game.
    Asking money for making a mod is something that I never saw before. Why people can't just try to make a different game following Smash's model? Something like Rivals of Aether. What's the point of re-making an already existent game?
    .............................................................What.

No. I'm not against paying money for really good mods depending on the game, but this is not $11,000 worth of work. They're mostly ripping models from other games.
    Also they're going to get fucking annihilated the moment Nintendo, ubisoft, Konami, or microsoft hear about this.

How could they possibly think this is a good idea?

Also, I got one half of my wish. My Fall semester is going to be busy in terms of sheer class hours, but the homework on some of these is going to be nonexistent so I'd sometimes have free evenings. If we get a Smash for Switch, I'm in.
    I'm not a big fans of mods in general, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with them since they were mostly passion projects.

This is actually asking for money, which means Nintendo (and probably other companies) are going to shut this down right quick.

They put Sora in and I'll pay the 11k.

They put Sora in and I'll pay the 11k.

Sora vs Cease and Desist is 0-10 matchup
    edited April 12
    They're not tied to a Switch port after all. Alt versions of all of 'em too.

C9Pqgr6XgAAtvoK.jpg
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Cloud can't even change poses between versions, smh...
    Cloud can't even change poses between versions, smh...

Fuck him.

Still gonna buy OG Cloud amiibo...
    edited April 12

Because FFVII Cloud is dope as shit.

Coming into contact with Sora made him sooooooooo much worse
    I can't speak for the character but Advent Children Cloud has the better outfit...so that's the one I'm getting. :razz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Po are you finally going to shut up about your Bayonetta amiibo now. And how Nintendo screwed your overall smash experience.

Because FFVII Cloud is dope as shit.

Coming into contact with Sora made him sooooooooo much worse

How many people am I going to have to tell that that is not KH Cloud? That's AC Cloud. Which is better. Because fuck wannabe Zack.