Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,450
    KaboXx wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Fuck Cloud. Who has the Bayo 1 amiibo? Gamestop only has her standard Bayo 2 one apparently.

Im reading she'll be an exclusive T_T Just when I thought amiibo fever was over.

What about your black market connections?
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,470
    edited April 15
    Shoutouts to the number 1 difference between braindead Marios and Marios that deserve respect. Number 2 is my favorite

Can someone explain number 8 to me?
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,884
    It just looks like the water pushed zss into cloud for the hit
    It just looks like the water pushed zss into cloud for the hit

Ok, now I see it. It didn't push ZSS into Cloud for the hit. It pushed BOTH ZSS and Cloud to the border so it would kill.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,372
    edited April 15
    Shoutouts to the number 1 difference between braindead Marios and Marios that deserve respect. Number 2 is my favorite

No Marios deserve respect except for Zenyou. The rest of them wouldn't even be using him if he were still at Melee or Brawl levels of power.

Only thing worse than Mario players are Cloud players, since outside of Captain Up-Smash, they're all former Sheik and Hoo-hah players most likely.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

No Marios deserve respect except for Zenyou. The rest of them wouldn't even be using him if he were still at Melee or Brawl levels of power.

Only thing worse than Mario players are Cloud players, since outside of Captain Up-Smash, they're all former Sheik and Hoo-hah players most likely.

Nope. Anyone who uses FLUDD that well deserves props.

I'm guessing you saw Mario and immediately hit dislike? Maybe vomitted a little inside? You shouldn't, there's more than Mario in there.
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,337
    I'm sure he did just that. Here, let me talk with you about the video so you don't have to talk to that idiot for lack of any other options.

Basically, that stuff was really clever. I like how the Pac-Man players were using the hydrant to turn their fruit into, basically, 'Remote Weapons' guided into the target independently of Pac-Man. Also, turning Cross Slash into a mobile move was pretty smart. Generated a ton of hit-stun to build combos off of, that way.

That usually happens when a character was top tier

Look at the amount of sheik and fox players in brawl compared to melee

Look at ryu in both sfiv and v, there arent too many of them at tournament level since theyre pretty mid tier
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,337
    I don't think anyone's seriously arguing against that, Mood. Obviously there are a lot of people who will play a character only because that maximizes (or is perceived to maximize) their chance of winning. And won't play characters that are thought to hurt their chances.

In any case, I'm really hoping we get Smash for Switch soon. T's performance really helped, because Link and Zelda were the two characters I really wanted to make work. Zelda's probably still a lost cause, but Link clearly has some real potential. What I find interesting is that T wasn't using z-air as an attack all that much; a lot of the western crowd for Link kept insisting this was a major requirement for the character. Clearly he knows something they don't.
    I don't think anyone's seriously arguing against that, Mood. Obviously there are a lot of people who will play a character only because that maximizes (or is perceived to maximize) their chance of winning. And won't play characters that are thought to hurt their chances.

Especially if money is involved. That being said, due to the nature of Smash 4, there have been a lot more oddball picks from top players.
    By the way, CEO Dreamland taking place this weekend (The new CEO Smash event)

edited April 15
    Lol that jab reset Jade hit 6wx with.

EDIT: CAPTAIN ZAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,964
    KaboXx wrote: »
    Fuck Cloud. Who has the Bayo 1 amiibo? Gamestop only has her standard Bayo 2 one apparently.

Im reading she'll be an exclusive T_T Just when I thought amiibo fever was over.

What about your black market connections?

Cut all ties, when i thought Nintendo got their shit together when it came to amiibo.

But iam afraid i might need those connections back, because it seems they re going back to their old roots T_T
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 320
    Wtf, Rosalina is one of the worst possible match up for villager. I don't care that she can neutralize my projectiles, it's the fact that his moves come out to slow to punish her. I played a really good Rosa player today and I just couldn't punish the guy.
    What is Rosa worst match up? Cloud? Diddy?
    Anyone that makes Rosa approach is automatically out of her favor. Villager actually has a great time against Rosa since she doesn't really have an answer to Bair and fair pressure, as they're too numerous to absorb and get around Rosa's meat shield via hitting her in the head. Rosa's anti projectile skill is lengthy, so if you can remain mobile while firing she's stuck in a stalemate. Any type of safe zoning can be a big pain for her. I suspect ZSS would also do phenomenally, but have no basis for that.
    edited April 15
    Rosa loses to speed and or disjoints... ZSS, Fox, Diddy, Marth, Lucina... Or just go full "fuck it, sellout" mode and go Cloud.

On the flip side, anyone that can outlast her/piss her off should do ok as well. I find it funny that I can go MM against most Rosas and just wait for them to get tired of me chucking shit and overextend themselves.

Mega Man should not be winning that matchup on paper.

Oh, and Bayo and Corrin just point and laugh at her also.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,366
    Wtf, Rosalina is one of the worst possible match up for villager. I don't care that she can neutralize my projectiles, it's the fact that his moves come out to slow to punish her. I played a really good Rosa player today and I just couldn't punish the guy.

Who was it? Utopian Ray or Snakee
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    edited April 16
    I wouldn't recommend Cloud vs Rosa. That's one of those matchups where each character has critical advantages over the other and they all cancel out.

-Cloud can't Dair Rosa's Uairs
    -Cloud gets wrecked by Rosa's dair

vs

-Cloud swipes Luma away easily
    -Cloud Dtilt vs Rosa Up B is frustrating for Rosa

Stuff like that. It all evens out in the end. If you're picking a disjoint character to counterpick, I'd recommend Lucy over Cloud. Normally Marth but I believe Lucy's much better at Luma swatting
    I wouldn't recommend Cloud vs Rosa. That's one of those matchups where each character has critical advantages over the other and they all cancel out.

vs

Stuff like that. It all evens out in the end. If you're picking a disjoint character to counterpick, I'd recommend Lucy over Cloud. Normally Marth but I believe Lucy's much better at Luma swatting

Cloud vs rosa is really bad for rosa if you play the neutral right. Cloud should never approach and can simply nair luma. Cloud is widely considered the 2nd worst match up for Rosalina (as metaknight vs rosa is stupid) and cloud is an easy character to use.

So what if cloud's uair cant beat rosa's dair. It often trades and cloud keeps pressuring.

vs

Cloud vs rosa is really bad for rosa if you play the neutral right. Cloud should never approach and can simply nair luma. Cloud is widely considered the 2nd worst match up for Rosalina (as metaknight vs rosa is stupid) and cloud is an easy character to use.

So what if cloud's uair cant beat rosa's dair. It often trades and cloud keeps pressuring.

You read that wrong. Cloud's DAIR can't beat Rosa's UAIR. Means she can juggle him for days.
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 320
    edited April 16
    dre37k wrote: »

It was not one of them but that guy was pretty damn good. It was online. Either way, if I struggled against that guy I know Snakee or Ray would destroy me. Hell, I think Ray won Xeno a couple of times.

So what I'm getting here is Metaknight and Corrin are my best options.
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
    dre37k wrote: »

It was one them but that guy was pretty damn good. It was online. Either way, if I struggled against that guy I know Snakee or Ray would destroy me. Hell, I think Ray won Xeno a couple of times.

So what I'm getting here is Metaknight and Corrin are my best options.

Probably. The shift from Villager to Corrin would probably be easier than MK, but up to you
    I have discovered I suck too much shit to be much good at KOF 14. I just cannot play it well because I cannot execute the combos worth a damn and this is a game where 'get touched' means 'eat 70% combo, always.'

I am open to suggestions on other fighting games. Smash 4 is out because my Wii U is in storage and I do not feel like digging it back out; I'm waiting for a Switch release.
    I am open to suggestions on other fighting games.

Guilty Gear.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    I tried it. Playing Potemkin vs. ramlethal or whatever the fuck her name is convinced me I do not like it.
    I tried it. Playing Potemkin vs. ramlethal or whatever the fuck her name is convinced me I do not like it.

Try it with a better character. :razz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    Such as?
    Such as?

Try Ky Kiske. Simplistic overall so it'll be easier to get a hold on how the game feels with him, and if you've played Marf/Lucina in Smash the spacing game will feel more at home to you (his j.hs is basically a FE swordsman's f-air and is just as good at spacing). And he has a fireball and a DP which is always nice.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    So while this GG talk is happening, Samsora put in some of the most magnificent Peach movement I've ever seen, taking out Void in top 8
    Peach sucks, y'all... :coffee:

Palutena does though. :razz:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Oh please. Not a single Smasher doubts Peach's prowess. She's just got SSS difficulty barrier of entry.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,461
    I have discovered I suck too much shit to be much good at KOF 14. I just cannot play it well because I cannot execute the combos worth a damn and this is a game where 'get touched' means 'eat 70% combo, always.'

I am open to suggestions on other fighting games. Smash 4 is out because my Wii U is in storage and I do not feel like digging it back out; I'm waiting for a Switch release.

Guilty Gear is the best fighting game right now, but it's somewhat difficult to get into IMO. It doesn't help that Potemkin isn't just the bottom tier of that game, but it also requires execution to do well. If you think Ram is bad, just wait until you face Axl or Sin. Ky is probably the best char to start.

I would recommend Skull Girls but since you said that you don't like losing 70% of your health after being touched once, it's better to stay away from it. At least in this game performing the combos is rather easy.

I know some other good fighting games, but very few people plays them and their online mode are wastelands.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    I could be convinced to re-try GG. Which edition is currently played, and is it going to be replaced soon? If it is, what replacement is coming out.

As for Skullgirls, I admit I have personal issues with mike z that make me not want to play his game (I otherwise concede it is a fairly good game).
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,082
    Pokken tournament
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    I could be convinced to re-try GG. Which edition is currently played, and is it going to be replaced soon? If it is, what replacement is coming out.

Right now it's Revelator, with Revelator 2 coming out next month (which adds Baiken and Answer to the game).
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,564

As for Skullgirls, I admit I have personal issues with mike z that make me not want to play his game (I otherwise concede it is a fairly good game).

Revelator 2 is one the way.

Have you tried Blazblue?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    edited April 17
    I kind of like Blazblue. Mai is fun. It's just most of my closer friends prefer KOF but the game drives me nuts.

EDIT: Also, it seems Fox is getting some buffs to make him more appealing to certain players.
    cf332e1e-3c8c-4af8-9fc2-e4399d374061_1.9899db0ed00bd8c5bfceea20ca7478eb.jpeg
    Post edited by Red Rick Dias on
    edited April 20
    jesus christing fuck. I get a bit of spare cash, decide to pick up the Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild) Amiibo... and three sellers in a row on Amazon turn out to be scammers. What does it take to get this fucking Amiibo at this point, other than buying it at scalper prices (which I refuse to do)?

(And yes, I disputed them. Getting the money back isn't the issue. That this shit kept happening bothers me, though.)
    Post edited by Red Rick Dias on
    jesus christing fuck. I get a bit of spare cash, decide to pick up the Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild) Amiibo... and three sellers in a row on Amazon turn out to be scammers. What does it take to get this fucking Amiibo at this point, other than buying it at scalper prices (which I refuse to do)

If I manage to find one I can send it your way.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data