Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

Comments

• Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    Thank you. I can cover your costs immediately, of course!
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,160

This all was sooooo goooood. Every one of them.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,355
    No.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    No.

I'm guessing that, once again, you saw the thumbnail having Cloud and didn't even watch the video?
    I watched it... and was disgusted by Team Cancer himself as the opener, and the closer, and practically every other clip.

Fuck that bullshit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    edited April 21
    CG, I still have him on ignore but if it would help, I can dig up the source code for my po post translator so you can see what he's really saying. Let me know if you need it?

EDIT: Holy crap, that Mega Man/Marth mutual save was impressive!
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,538
    CG, I still have him on ignore but if it would help, I can dig up the source code for my po post translator so you can see what he's really saying. Let me know if you need it?

I liked the old gentleman's translator you used to have. :rofl:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Guile(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)

EDIT: Holy crap, that Mega Man/Marth mutual save was impressive!

Nah, if he wants to hate on Cloud I have no qualms.

I only take issue if he judges based on the thumbnail and don't watch, which for the last two vids I can see happening
    pardon my typing like a damn 1990s aol user, my hand is injured and it makes using the shift key suck ass.

in any case i got another absurdly long shift at work yesterday, used the money to get gg revelator 2. if anyone here wants to play it or blazblue or pocket rumble with me please get in touch. may have time once this semester ends since it was intentionally designed to be my worst-possible semester and nothing else can possibly be as hard as it from here on.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,538
    in any case i got another absurdly long shift at work yesterday, used the money to get gg revelator 2.

...wait, Rev 2 doesn't release until May 26th. Did you come from the future?!
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

i preordered it, it will get here when it gets here. you know what i meant.

also am open to character suggestions for guilty gear. in blazblue i like mai natsume a ton and will be sticking with her. gg... you recommended ky, any others of note? presume i'm open to some mental complexity as i use robin in smash, etc.
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,406

also am open to character suggestions for guilty gear. in blazblue i like mai natsume a ton and will be sticking with her. gg... you recommended ky, any others of note? presume i'm open to some mental complexity as i use robin in smash, etc.

What playstyle you like the most?
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
    I don't know. I'm used to playing Ryu, but I want to evolve past that. I feel boring using Ryu-likes at this point in my life.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,224
    Zato.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,406
    Try Sin then. Dude's practically the Cloud of the GG.
    Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther

Try Jack-O. Good buttons and a lot of fun to figure out. Gives you mini-RTS play in your fighting game if that's your thing. =)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Sounds like a good mix. I'll take a look.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 GET KIDNAPPED AGAIN Joined: Posts: 4,081

Holy cow that double Falcon Punch was epic.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    So, I spent my clothing budget for the month on a pair of contradictory shirts.

The first one is a nod to Lythero's "Grandstanding For Glory" series, depicting an angry Captain Falcon and a shattered Monado. Bold print: "I refuse to lose to ANIME".

The second is a shirt depicting Cloud as a university logo. Complete with giant anime sword.

These will be joining my Cornette Face shirt as my attire for final exams over the next two weeks.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    Anti is dropping mario for sheik for many reasons I fully understand. And ally is picking up DK as a solid secondary. Mario is on the decline recently and will continue to fall probably.
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    I thought DK was terrible when the game came out...

Also, you can't spam up smash with DK... Ally can't use him.
    Great. My local's dropping Smash 4 after this weekend, so all that's left around here is Melee.

I don't wanna have to go online... :s
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Great. My local's dropping Smash 4 after this weekend, so all that's left around here is Melee.

I don't wanna have to go online... :s

There's always MvC: Infinite DLC...
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 252
    dre37k wrote: »
    Anti is dropping mario for sheik for many reasons I fully understand. And ally is picking up DK as a solid secondary. Mario is on the decline recently and will continue to fall probably.

Yup, when you play me again you'll get a chance to find out exactly why.
    Anyone in this group playing Pocket Rumble on PC, by chance?
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    dre37k wrote: »

Yup, when you play me again you'll get a chance to find out exactly why.

You'll make me feel like mario is top 2
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    He is top 2. There are two Marios; Mario and Dr. Mario.
    Heads-up, it turns out the Amiibo scam thing I got hit by is widespread. Lots of sellers are listing Amiibo at just above MSRP, but "not insane for a scalper" prices; things like $17 or so on for a Zelda BotW Amiibo, then they provide fake shipping info and 'deliver' it to a false address.

I'm not sure what they get out of this since amazon gives refunds really fast once this deception is proven to them. So direct monetary gain probably isn't it; what are they really after, I wonder? Personal data perhaps, but they don't get enough from it to do much from just an amazon marketplace listing. Very odd situation.

I'm disgusted these fucking things have hit $60. I just wanted my damn Princess Zelda BotW plastic toy. Guess I'll have to wait for restocks or hope someone lucks into one.
  • drwill439drwill439 I'll never understand. Joined: Posts: 2,953
    Due to life and other issues, I've been out of the loop on Smash stuff for about a year or so. What's the meta?
    Steam: [PCFL]Dr. Will Xbox 360/One: DrW1ll439
    PSN: drwill439 CFN:WKA439 (PS4) or drwill439(Steam)
    edited April 30
    drwill439 wrote: »
    Due to life and other issues, I've been out of the loop on Smash stuff for about a year or so. What's the meta?

Cloud jobs in pools, still a pocket pick the world over.

Meta defined more by the top tier players being top tier players than their characters

Meta defined more by the top tier players being top tier players than their characters

From what it sounds like, any character can win as long as the player is able? Sounds decent enough.

From what it sounds like, any character can win as long as the player is able? Sounds decent enough.

There are still a few characters whose flaws completely outshine their potential.

Mac, Charizard, D3, Ganon and Jigs are the most prominent.

But for someone like, say, Shulk, who is widely still considered bad, it's feasible.

Most everyone has a champion or at least a moment in the competitive scene,
    Good to know. I still lack a Wii U (and I actually just sold my 3DS), but I think I'm gonna jump back in sometime this summer. Gotta get the rust off, though, and the only locals I've got are the ones that Fatality and Scatt go to...
    Good to know. I still lack a Wii U (and I actually just sold my 3DS), but I think I'm gonna jump back in sometime this summer. Gotta get the rust off, though, and the only locals I've got are the ones that Fatality and Scatt go to...

Brutal. Though you may wish to wait. The chances of a Smash Switch Bundle are pretty high
    edited May 1

Brutal. Though you may wish to wait. The chances of a Smash Switch Bundle are pretty high

Good call. I'll give it a few months.

Likelihood of an announcement at E3 seems high? Along with a Gamecube adapter?
    edited May 1

Good call. I'll give it a few months.

Likelihood of an announcement at E3 seems high?

Couldn't tell you to be honest, but I wouldn't be surprised. This is the E3 where the Switch is going to sell its games afterall
    Speaking of which, is there a Switch thread? The only game I've heard people talk about for the thing is Zelda, so I'm not exactly eager to make a purchase yet.
    More helpfully, the meta has a lot of Cloud play but it's failing to dominate; it's a lot like Ryu and Ken where there's a ton of them but only good players are a serious threat with the character.

Mario has gained tremendous popularity now that his strengths are better understood.

Rosalina remains rare, but potent when actually used.

Beyond that... fox, sonic, sheik, diddy kong, the occasional Ryu, and a few others are the major threats lately. You'll see the occasional Captain Falcon too. Marth has proven to be a real threat, and Lucina is emerging as a viable choice too for subtly different reasons than Marth.
    edited May 1
    The Lucina Marth difference is really gaining traction. While Marth's tippers are undeniably a powerhouse and put him in a better spot, Lucy's lack of sourspots make her better against the likes of Rosalina (for killing Luma), edgeguard vulnerable characters like Cloud, and particularly lightweight characters like Bayonetta

Basically, Marth's better in the neutral game (where a lot of the top tier characters need to be challenged to win) while Lucina is better at getting people to and keeping them in a disadvantage state (better against characters that have unorthodox neutrals)