Super Smash Bros. General 2.0 - Git Gud or Whine Trying

Comments

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,210
    How many times do I have to say it, I'm not driving 2 hours to play casual Smash. :arazz:

It's only 2 hours if you go the speed limit :wink:

I'm taking the 90-100 mph I usually do into account there.

Still too long for no payoff.

You're just thinking about the game.... It'll be an experience. Have some fun meeting and hanging out with us. Not trying to pressure you, btw. If it's too out of the way for your tastes, I understand.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,050

Best character
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,473
    @po pimpus @Colonel-Gilgamesh

I take back everything negative I've said about the show.

PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Guile(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
    Overrated show.
    Season 5 was the best season.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    So I've been watching some Dath replays lately, and watching his Robin just... absolutely struggle against Diddy is discouraging as hell. Well, somewhat discouraging; I have Ryu and Link to try once I get back into this game, after all.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 GET KIDNAPPED AGAIN Joined: Posts: 4,065
    Waiting for a Switch version before I bother.

So, not saying this is confirmed or anything, but...
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/rumor-alleged-screenshots-of-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch-surface-3454147
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias The republica-- I mean, Titans, must be stopped! Joined: Posts: 3,336
    Well, those look plausible at least. Any evidence to them being faked?
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,096
    Seems like it'll be a mix of 3DS and Wii U content

Lumiose City on regular roster? I approve.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    *shrug*
    I don't tend to put stock in leaks of any kind, but this is the first I've heard of it in any way so I thought I'd point it out.

Most of the screenshots look like hi-res shots from the 3DS version, so I suppose they could be upscaled from the handheld resolution (I know this is possible in Pokemon Sun/Moon).

The Yoshi pic is clearly Break the Targets, though.

UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    *shrug*
    I don't tend to put stock in leaks of any kind, but this is the first I've heard of it in any way so I thought I'd point it out.

Most of the screenshots look like hi-res shots from the 3DS version, so I suppose they could be upscaled from the handheld resolution (I know this is possible in Pokemon Sun/Moon).

The Yoshi pic is clearly Break the Targets, though.

Me either. It is, afterall, E3 time. Perfect time for a fake rumor on Smash to drop
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,246

Lumiose City on regular roster? It will get banned.

Fixed.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Various outlets are saying they've been sent proof it's fake but they're... not showing the proof. Odd.

I mean, I'm willing to accept that it's fake. We saw people make a custom 3D model for Palutena to do a fake leak (then she turned out to be in the game anyway).

I just don't get the people who waste their time, and ours, with this shit.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    edited June 1
    I won a local yesterday. The same place I keep inviting mood, phantom and marc to go to. It was a crazy last 3 sets. Manie got to losers finals after eliminating 2 guy top guys on the power rank.

Heres a link to the last 3 sets. Put the link in your tab. Skip to 7:30 for the first set

Watch the very last vod

1st. My winners finals against a DK.
    2nd. Manie vs that DK in losers finals
    3rd. Grand finals.

Manies set was really hype along with winners finals.
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    So I guess Hungrybox called out Nintendo for their lack of support or something
    So I guess Hungrybox called out Nintendo for their lack of support or something

FUCK MELEE

Nintendo doesn't owe these motherfuckers shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited June 8
    (Post retracted)
    Post edited by Red Rick Dias on
    edited June 7
    Hungrybox plays both games, but since he's Jigglypuff 4 Lyfe he's had significant;y less success in Smash 4 where Jiggs is a non-character. From what I read I don't think he was specifically saying 'Support Melee'. Just 'Support Smash'
    Sounds like he's jealous that Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Pokken Tournament DX are getting tournament events at E3 this year.

Because it's not like those games need the spotlight or anything... No, Nintendo should feature Smash, a franchise that has two games all over the e-sports scene and dedicated playerbases, over these fledgling titles that really need exposure.

Fuck the Smash Community. Bunch of entitled babies.
    After seeing how dlcapcom went about sfv esports I think it's best if it's left up to the community.
    In that case, I retract my remarks. Thank you for the clarification.
    Not enough waveshines or shffl lasers.
    This Nairo Saga cosplay contest is the most cringe shit...

I really can't stand this community most of the time.
  • dre37kdre37k Don't get Cooked Joined: Posts: 1,362
    Nairo saga tho. Salem almost took it.

This guy elegant is too crisp also. Luigi in top 8
    NNID: dre37k
    Smash bros code: 2294 5326 8552 (using my bros DS for the time being)
    PSN: dre37k
    Xbox: DREman37
    Also, no Smash for Switch
    Yet.

• EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,771
    So what I miss guys.

BTW when DBZ drops all other fighters will be dead to me. So if there is anything you wanna ask or you live near me and you wanna hang, now is the time.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    Well, at this point our little play group is basically inert. Most of us are waiting for the Switch port or moving on.

I'm torn on what to do. Mahvel is... leaving me cautiously optimistic, at best. I don't much care for DBZ.

I guess I'll be playing Gundam Versus and Dissidia NT unless Smash on Switch comes out soonish.
    edited June 14
    EmblemLord wrote: »
    So what I miss guys.

BTW when DBZ drops all other fighters will be dead to me. So if there is anything you wanna ask or you live near me and you wanna hang, now is the time.

You missed nothing. This thread has been dead for months, and no one plays anymore.

I will see you in DB Fighters. Capcpom can eat a bag of dicks for that insulting shit they dared to call Marvel.

#GOKUBALLIN'
    Post edited by po pimpus on
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,473
    edited June 14
    Every time I see that DBZ fighter, I just wanna play Guilty Gear instead.

...but I might buy it anyway just to support Arcsys. Even if I'll never play it. :rofl:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,583
    Well, at this point our little play group is basically inert. Most of us are waiting for the Switch port or moving on.

I'm torn on what to do. Mahvel is... leaving me cautiously optimistic, at best. I don't much care for DBZ.

I guess I'll be playing Gundam Versus and Dissidia NT unless Smash on Switch comes out soonish.

Dbz fighters is the fighter we need. Im done with smash, mahvel looks like shit, the other 2 you listed are casual

Dbz fighters is the marvel game i want. Im quitting my job for it (not really)
    I still love Smash, just don't have time to play it.
    I am buying Marvel for sure.
    If DBZF comes on PC, I'll probably get that too.

Why oh why would you buy Marvel?
    It doesnt actually play that bad and love for marvel
    Love isn't enough to overcome bad aesthetics, terrible voice acting, DLC out the ass, and THIS fucking shit:

VZikXwS.jpg

Even Link is unamused.

Ut1xEfK.png
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

po pimpus wrote: »
    Love isn't enough to overcome bad aesthetics, terrible voice acting, DLC out the ass, and THIS fucking shit:

VZikXwS.jpg

Tbh. The more i see this the more i think that evil mouse is putting it's hand into the design choices. No one at capcom would make their own characters this bad looking. Like even if you hate DmC, he didnt look as god awful as these do.

Chun li looks awful but like, every capcom character outside of megaman and zero look really bad. Even im the story demo they put captain marvel next to chun and captain marvel actually looks pretty good.

As much as capcom fucks up, i dont entirely think this is on capcom. Maybe even black panther as dlc is a disney decision
    po pimpus wrote: »

VZikXwS.jpg

Tbh. The more i see this the more i think that evil mouse is putting it's hand into the design choices. No one at capcom would make their own characters this bad looking. Like even if you hate DmC, he didnt look as god awful as these do.

Chun li looks awful but like, every capcom character outside of megaman and zero look really bad. Even im the story demo they put captain marvel next to chun and captain marvel actually looks pretty good.

As much as capcom fucks up, i dont entirely think this is on capcom. Maybe even black panther as dlc is a disney decision

Disagree. Hawkeye and Cap were both also looking terrible. You'll notice it's the human characters that look abysmal. Thanos, Iron Man, Panther and whatnot look fine. Sadly for Capcom, there's more regular humans on their side than on Marvels
    Hawkeye and cap still look better than almost every capcom character
    Hawkeye and cap still look better than almost every capcom character

Cuz they got shit covering their face.