Fighting EX Layer

Comments

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,230
    Have to say this game has nice original ideas but still feels underwhelming for some reason
  • RibbonRibbon Joined: Posts: 2
    I can find matches but 5-8 seconds into the match a connection error pops up and kicks me into the menu. I only had 3 full matches on 20 something.

Anyone has this?
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,986
    Finding matches is a long process for me, haven't been disconnected though.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,293 mod
    edited December 2017
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,277
    is it just me or does anyone else having trouble to do circle & SRK motions online?
    in training mode there is no issue
    I always set the controls to forward motions because of this
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,986
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    is it just me or does anyone else having trouble to do circle & SRK motions online?

Check your controls when online. They don't save when you go from Training to Online. Progressive is the default option. Been hitting everything I need to in this game, online and off, now it's just a matter of Git Gud.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 611
    I have left matchmaking turned on for about three hours now. I have had five games. One of them resulted in a disconnect about 5 seconds into the match.
    edited December 2017
    Femto wrote: »

Check your controls when online. They don't save when you go from Training to Online. Progressive is the default option. Been hitting everything I need to in this game, online and off, now it's just a matter of Git Gud.

I just did, I set online ( searching for matches ) in main menu, then went into training mode and selected classic control, got another automatch yet the controls are still progressive
    how do I not save when going to training mode? there is no safe option anyway

Edit: It worked once and then the controls went back to progressive when I searched for another automatch.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 907

I just did, I set online ( searching for matches ) in main menu, then went into training mode and selected classic control, got another automatch yet the controls are still progressive

Edit: It worked once and then the controls went back to progressive when I searched for another automatch.

You have to go to ranked match from the main menu and set your character and classic control method from there. Doing it in training mode doesn't seem to do anything.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man this netcode is sporadic. The first day for the first few hours, it seemed like bliss. Now its quite the opposite.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,123
    edited December 2017
    Few pointers (I suppose advice with EX2+ insight...):
    • Some info on dealing with the Armor effect (once the Gougi skill is activated). If you know that the opponent is going to take the hit, and if your character has a cmd grab, you can cancel any attack you do into a cmd grab (preferably a punch starter), resulting a cmd grab combo. Certain type of normals should viably work, but the few things to avoid includes certain kick attacks as a starter (such as Low Short), since it likely pushes the axis box back, therefore causing a reelback effect with the hurtbox (affecting throws) as a result. This has potential for whiff punishing purposes via run cancel.
      *EDIT*: It is risky in general... but can be rewarding (especially with some characters like Shirase). The safe auto-pilot way to handle this is just doing any throw while having momentum, or any attack - Sweep ender (Low Short - Low Forward - Sweep OR Low Short - Sweep as two examples).
    • In clarifying the unblockable guard attack (once the Gougi is activated), even though the demo lacks record options for proper testing, it might still be similar to the SFEX2+ frame data in theory. Afaik, in most cases, the UB only has 1 active frame. However, SFEX2+ has a system that overrides the potential of meaty UB being such a hassle to deal with, and may likely be treated the same way in FLEX. To understand by how much, assuming it's universal (through testing against Hokuto), the invincibility for the UB Guard Break in SFEX2+ lasts for 7 frames on wake-up... so no matter what action the person does on wake-up (such as an attack, jump, block, throw and more), it should counter the UB Guard Break in most cases if it fits within that threshold accordingly. If this invincibility rule applies to FLEX as well, then the same course of action on defense should apply.
    • It also brings up another point, wake-up invincibility. Again, it is hard to factually test without the recording function/proper video analysis. In SFEX2+ for example, there is a total of 1 invincibility frame on wake-up. What that means is that it is "possible" for a 1-frame grab to counter even a meaty attack (grabs have 1 frame start-up in SFEX2+, unsure if it's like that in SFEX3/FLEX, maybe @ShinjiGohan knows)... however it's not a thing in most cases. Most normals in that game and even FLEX (like the first bullet states) has a reel effect that will push the axis box back, including the hurtbox that corresponds to throws. Here's an example: Hokuto's (and likely Shirase's) St.Strong in the first few active frames has little/no reel back effect, and can be thrown on wake-up... but, Low Short and Low Strong does. Keep in mind though that it might not work in most cases when considering the new running cancel mechanic, which might push the hurtbox towards the opponent due to the forward momentum.
    Post edited by AceKombat on
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,293 mod
    Hecatom wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Any listing of "fix before release" needs to include input delay.

Oh and this too, yeah. Question is does Arika have enough staff to move to a newer UE version with reduced input lag? Namco basically figured it out in less than a month. I don't expect Arika to be as fast with the input delay reduction

Migrating to a newer version of UE4 is as easy as opening the project into the newer build and compile it again.
    It will only be difficult if you have a lot of stuff that is coded by you and by some reason is not compatible with the newer version, which is usually very unlikely to happen.

Harada seems to state otherwise.

But then again, they could have a lot of stuff coded specifically for Tekken.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,123
    https://www.facebook.com/ARIKAOfficial/posts/360375167759374

Raw:
    <<お知らせ>>

現在、不具合を2点確認中です。
    本日中に情報の詳細を公開します。
    今しばらくお待ち下さい。

・トレーニングモードからのオンライン対戦待受で回線切断する場合の不具合に関しての条件特定
    ・PS4Proで4KTVを使用した際の画質に関して

Rough translation (English):
    << Notifications >>

We're currently checking out 2 bugs.
    We will publish details of information in the day.
    Please wait for a while.

Condition specific to a bug in the online game waiting for an online opponent from training mode
    About the quality of 4 KTV in ps4pro
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    edited December 2017

You have to go to ranked match from the main menu and set your character and classic control method from there. Doing it in training mode doesn't seem to do anything.

sorry for the late reply, I just had some time today once again to play this game.
    went into ranked mode and I don't see any option there to set to controls to classic.
    I even tried to press through all buttons in the hope I can do so, but no success

Edit: Ok, I just seen ISD doing that @ 8:40

but how the did he pop up the second menu like this? I can go on settings and it does show up the first menu where I can choose my character, gougi etc, but the second menu?

Edit 2: I finally found it out, I go to ranked, go to settings and click on character select with pressing x to show up the second menu to change my controls.
    dem that was complicated or at least for me
    edited December 2017
    Has anyone been able to convert a hit from Kairi’s Dive kick into anything? Maybe I’m not doing something right here...

Edit: whoop nevermind I’m dumb.
    got some questions about this game's gameplay

1. how many hits does the armor gem absorb? So far Ive only noticed that SRK or a super can cause a knockdown
    2. what's the purpose of Allen's justice fist? even if it hits you will get punished because the recovery is so slow or did I miss sth?
    3. Is it possible to cross up opponents in the corner? I always seem to land in front of them
    got some questions about this game's gameplay

1. how many hits does the armor gem absorb? So far Ive only noticed that SRK or a super can cause a knockdown
    2. what's the purpose of Allen's justice fist? even if it hits you will get punished because the recovery is so slow or did I miss sth?
    3. Is it possible to cross up opponents in the corner? I always seem to land in front of them

1: Infinite, but primarily any "knockdown" attack will mark as an exception. This includes sweeps, DPs (I think there is an exception with jumping in some cases? I noticed this with Garuda's DP at some point), supers, knockdown attacks, etc.

2: Damage via juggles. It's not good as an ender. May be decent for chip when canceled into fireball super.

3: In most cases, no.
    thanks ^
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 633
    was able to kara darun's special moves, now his command grab range is acceptable haha.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 711
    edited December 2017
    Hecatom wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Any listing of "fix before release" needs to include input delay.

Oh and this too, yeah. Question is does Arika have enough staff to move to a newer UE version with reduced input lag? Namco basically figured it out in less than a month. I don't expect Arika to be as fast with the input delay reduction

Migrating to a newer version of UE4 is as easy as opening the project into the newer build and compile it again.
    It will only be difficult if you have a lot of stuff that is coded by you and by some reason is not compatible with the newer version, which is usually very unlikely to happen.

Harada seems to state otherwise.

But then again, they could have a lot of stuff coded specifically for Tekken.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that for fighting games this doesn't hold true (that patching it is easy). Fighting games have to be really picky about how they take in inputs and anything that changes the input delay or messes with buffers could be a potential nightmare for developers. In other words they probably have their own code for reading inputs and this update would likely break the expected functionality.

Even if it is easy enough to implement the amount of testing needed to be done should be significant.
    Felt like adding in landing recovery frame information from EX2+ (trip guard, if it's even properly defined in current day fighting games):

If assuming the game is similar to the older EX titles, then there is NO additional landing recovery frames after an air attack. While that implies that trip guard exists (which the definition has holes due to the abstract rules of landing recovery frames and the like)... keep in mind certain air attacks may "extend" the hurtbox downwards vertically and still leaves the chance of getting hit out of the air "near" landing.

Skullomania's Skullo Slider (qcf+K) is a perfect test to determine how to prepare specific landing attacks that may integrate the use against Low Profile attacks while looking at other situations such as jump-back air to air or jump back air to ground (against a grounded AA)... while having Skullo Slider in check. Example: Hokuto's Jump Strong and Jump Fierce will outright stuff out Skullo Slider, however, Jump Roundhouse will LOSE against Skullo Slider, and the other attacks will just let the Hokuto player block in time upon landing.
    Anybody still playing? I managed to add a Draw to my score card yesterday
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 346
    Ppl sure love to protect their record in a beta lol. It's a close match and ppl just leave after 1 game.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I had that happen a few times. Just as I begin to figure out how to fight against their gougi/character combo and they run like hell.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 444
    The Lobby is empty....or it could just be the Netcode
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • UsagiJojoUsagiJojo Joined: Posts: 15
    I was finding players okay yesterday, though it seems that nearly all of the good players moved on to playing the Monster Hunter World Beta.

Only good player I met was a Kairi, but he would win one and run vs. me rather than playing long sessions like I'd hoped.
    UsagiJojo wrote: »
    I was finding players okay yesterday, though it seems that nearly all of the good players moved on to playing the Monster Hunter World Beta.

Only good player I met was a Kairi, but he would win one and run vs. me rather than playing long sessions like I'd hoped.

MH world beta was only open for 3 days or am I wrong?
    MH world beta was only open for 3 days or am I wrong?
    I think that is the time limit yes, but it's still going on right now AFAIK.
    It would be nice if this beta kept going. My goal was to play 300 matches, and I am just 15 shy at 285. Leaving town soon for X-Mas so won’t get to play before it’s over. Happy Holidays guys. Maybe as a X-Mas gift we will get a new announcement after beta closes.
    Happy Holidays! =) I finished at 200 wins and 48 losses. I don't think I'm an amazing player by any stretch so I feel fortunate to have even an ~80% win rate.

I played Darun for nearly the entire time, only exception being when I switched to Skullomania after DSP complained about my Darun. His toughest matchups are turtling Allen and Kairi (the typical grappler vs. shoto deal), but it seems that he can easily dominate and overwhelm everyone else. Giving a grappler the ability to run, to magic series, to do a command overhead along with giving him stuff like super armor and etc. is really just amazing lol.

Garuda was by far the rarest character to find, while Allens and Shirases were most common. Daruns were fairly common for me to meet in the first week, but disappeared towards the end for some reason. The best-ever players I met were a Skullomania with an insane WL record and a nigh-untouchable Kairi with some incredible psychic Umeshoryus. Wish I could've played and met more amazing players; guess the 1-2 hours I played each evening wasn't the right time.

Anyway it's been really fun, and I sure hope there's another beta in the near future with Blair and D. Dark added.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,456
    Coked-up and ready to go.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 311
    Played agasint nothing but skull o mania players really so i don't know i feel.hope cracker jack makes the game though
    SFV:AE-Laura,Ed,Sakura
    GGrev-Leo,Baiken,Raven
    BB-Jubei,Hibiki
    FEXl-Kari,Allen
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 633
    love em for putting on a beta, wish it was still up. despite any shortcomings it has i thought it's a pretty fun game.
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 346
    edited December 2017
    Ended the beta with 75 wins and 14 losses. Most of my losses came at the beginning of the beta. Used only Shirase with infinity to counter super armor jump ins. Really need to test out her back dash special invincibility. Was shocked how active it was.

Fought alot of skull and allen. Looking forward to Blair and picking Kairi when the game comes out.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 57
    UsagiJojo wrote: »

Garuda was by far the rarest character to find, while Allens and Shirases were most common. Daruns were fairly common for me to meet in the first week, but disappeared towards the end for some reason. The best-ever players I met were a Skullomania with an insane WL record and a nigh-untouchable Kairi with some incredible psychic Umeshoryus. Wish I could've played and met more amazing players; guess the 1-2 hours I played each evening wasn't the right time.

Anyway it's been really fun, and I sure hope there's another beta in the near future with Blair and D. Dark added.

Might I have been the Skullo?

I finished up the beta with like 180 and 14, didn't play for the last week or so. One of the L's was the game froze, and I had to reset console. One match I tried Shirase, and this Darun tore me up with the armor, and command grab. Used Skullo only after that. I also spent most of time under over 100 wins and under 10 losses or 10% or better. I was just able to make shit happen in this game. I did not protect my record, because its only a beta. If someone was able to win I was trying to play again, a lot of the better opponents I would beat, (mostly trying SFIV or V stuff - albeit shimmy is pretty good in this game) would get beat one and done, especially if their record was good. I did get some long sets, and last 4 losses were to the same guy, we'd done a long mirror set, and I won a few before he started picking up things up, and pick wins off here and there in the set. I haven't had this much fun in a fighter in a very long time.

This is the kind of shit I making happen. LOL

I really want a couple SF characters just to make sure this gets played. I'd hate to spend the money on this game to see it last only about twice the time as the beta...
    26165195_364990870631137_319528732626528557_n.jpg?oh=eb1e5eaeaa6774dfcce37a74ec87639b&oe=5AC68857

dem so sick,
    can't wait for the second beta wave