Fighting EX Layer

2»

Comments

• Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,955
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Is it really to be called Fighting Layer EX. I hope so because that would give me faith for our Lord and savior, Exodus

It officially does not have a name at the moment.

Spam them with twitter messages. It should.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 166
    Just listing a few characters I want to see make a return

1. Janis Luciani
    2. Lan Yinghua
    3. Joe Fendi (Make his design unique)
    4. Sharon
    5. Hong Gillson
    6. Area
    7. Volcano Russo
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 611
    Need me some Darun Mister, crotch thrusting for dayzzz
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • JusticeInfernoJusticeInferno Joined: Posts: 7
    Need Darun and Clementine for some crotch-thrusting carnivals
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A human control vold might be cool.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,947
    edited April 15
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,114 mod
    Cronopio wrote: »

Maximum Impact 3
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,084
    If they want to make sidestepping more difficult they could give characters shotgun-type projectiles that are difficult to sidestep... Or rapid-fire projectiles...
    I'm making a fighting game! http://www.disturbingtheverse.com/
    The SRK thread, the Discord server.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,296
    If they want to make sidestepping more difficult they could give characters shotgun-type projectiles that are difficult to sidestep... Or rapid-fire projectiles...

I feel like as long as fireballs are decently fast they can work more as strong pokes rather than actual zoning fireballs, which is fine. The game would be able to carve its own path through focusing on the close range interaction rather than being a facsimile of Street Fighter in 3D.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,785
    Just to reiterate on the whole character rights thing, does arika exclusively own c. Jack, d. Dark, Hokuto etc etc? Or are they weird shared rights like Geno from smrpg? Because I'll jizz uranium if I can get c. Jack with his white blazer and pink fedora.

I feel like as long as fireballs are decently fast they can work more as strong pokes rather than actual zoning fireballs, which is fine. The game would be able to carve its own path through focusing on the close range interaction rather than being a facsimile of Street Fighter in 3D.

That would be much less of its own thing than making projectile zoning work in 3D gameplay, which as far as I know was never properly done.

That would be much less of its own thing than making projectile zoning work in 3D gameplay, which as far as I know was never properly done.

There have been games that focused on projectile zoning in 3D. Virtual On and Gundam VS games are kinda like that in a way as well as games like Destrega which is a huge pile of shit. The thing is, by nature of being in 3D, the only way to make fireballs a zoning tool would be to make them really stupid. You'd have to do something like make them massive or make them homing projectiles and I don't like those solutions. That's some Touhou shit and I'm not a fan of that in a game that isn't trying to be hyper like that. The only way you're going to make zoning tools in a 3D game that work is to make everything just as crazy as the fireballs. Outside of that I don't see it happening.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 852
    I wish Kairi had his instant fireball... It was one of his signature moves. Oh well... gimme his super beam that covers the whole screen and I'll be happy.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "robots".
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,012

Wait huh that doesnt make sense. I thought I fireball was a long range poke...
    edited April 17

There have been games that focused on projectile zoning in 3D. Virtual On and Gundam VS games are kinda like that in a way as well as games like Destrega which is a huge pile of shit. The thing is, by nature of being in 3D, the only way to make fireballs a zoning tool would be to make them really stupid. You'd have to do something like make them massive or make them homing projectiles and I don't like those solutions. That's some Touhou shit and I'm not a fan of that in a game that isn't trying to be hyper like that. The only way you're going to make zoning tools in a 3D game that work is to make everything just as crazy as the fireballs. Outside of that I don't see it happening.

You could just make them have an AoE, or be able to set stationary "projectiles" to control areas of the screen, or be able to alter their trajectories or whatever. Close range for 3D is pretty much the norm so proper zoning (and not just shooting stuff, which is not the same thing) would be refreshing.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 1,777
    edited April 17
    They should just make the sidestep slower and have responsive delays that puts you in a vulnerable state so it needs proper timing and distance to execute. So it won't be used as an instant evasion mechanic rather than just moving into another possible convenient space/plane. To make something feel new and different than the many attempts of others using 2D designed/inspired fighter in a 3d field game.
    Arcade Mode Concepts and Designs - Better than traditional Arcade Mode
    Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type
    Character Wishlist SFV and MVCi
    My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older Doronjo version)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited April 17
    That was before the meeting with Oda though.
    So because devs play each other games that canceled out the facebook post?

Ichiro Mihara plays a bunch of blizzard games, will there be a diablo 3 or overwatch ex layer game coming soon? He also recently played FF15, will there be a FF15 EX Layer too?
    Having someone big from SNK play the game when they are aparently looking for investors does seem to suggest more than Mihara playing FFXV but that's just me.
    edited April 19
    Or just getting ideas and/or giving KOF some ideas for future releases of their games.

Has SNK ever been big enough to really invest in an outside fighter? Haven't they been floating around bankruptcy repetitively over the years?

In 2015 SNKs net income was only 115,000,000 yen. That is their gross profit after everything. That is just a little over $1 million in a year.

If they were looking for investors wouldn't capcom be a better choice with their net income being 7.75 billion yen. About 70 times more than what SNK made?

Square enix had a net income of 19.858 billion yen

Blizzard had a net income of 223 million USD, or 24 billion yen.

What of Namco? In 2016 Namco had a net profit of 34 billion yen. About 6 times more than Capcom. Or what? 420 times more than SNK.

Though I can't really think of anything ARIKA has released recently to provide them with some income much less net income. So any money is better than no money I guess, but why would they try to get investors from poor companies?
    SNK nowadays is in a good position with their new Chinese owners. Capcom, even though in general numbers makes more money by virtue of being a bigger company, isn't precisely in a good financial position right now and their current flagship fighting game has underperformed in terms of sales, so I don't know how excited they would be to support a minor company to make new game in a niche subseries of games. It actually does make more sense for a smaller company to take interest on it, and I could see SNK benefiting from Arika's 3D knowledge.

Showing the director of KOF XIV playing your demo on Arika's official account when they are obviously seeking funding for their project looks more than just friends or acquaintances having a fun time. If they managed to make what they shown so far with the tiny budget a tiny company like them has, I don't think they need Blizzard or Square-Enix to invest on them to make a finished product.

Jiyuna is looking to be their English relations guy and help them out with getting the game a publisher.
    Then we disagree.

Oda was also a director for SF4, SFvsTK, and SSF4. A single tweet is just not something that I'd get excited about.
    Nishitani Akira recently liked this on facebook, could there be DBZ characters in this fighting layer ex game?

https://dragonballcp.kirin.co.jp/s/NLQhk35JLBNRBIlAGvDTD6
2»