Fighting EX Layer

Comments

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,068
    About 3d plane/platform if it is change to be similar in dimension? is it rectangle or square?

How's side stepping and projectile zoning?

Running directions?

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,068
    hope to see something exciting

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,367
    Those gems have got to go, fuck that system
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,034
    Plenty of games have similar mechanics that work well, like Dark Awake for example.
    Where the gems equivalent give access to new moves/ attributes and supers.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 549
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    its not what you think it is though. And i will say it would have worked for SFxT had Capcom not gone full greed with that game.

*silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 763
    If the gem system is done right, it could be a really fresh experience. Looking forward to this game.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,700

stop fishing for upvotes.

Play more.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,245
    Sorry if it's been discussed but does this game have a publisher now? Or maybe have they said it's gonna be crowdfunded or anything? Because it looks like a lot of fun. Seeing they've got a whole set of mechanics ready makes me think they're developing it with a release date in mind so I'm kinda hopeful.
    I ask because it's now my life's goal to be the best Garuda NA.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 761
    They seem to have a better than gem system than Capcom had in mind. Its preset decksof gem instead of mix and match so you can actually prepare to face them in a fair competition. Its kind of like the groove system, I think.

I do really wish there wasn't comeback deck though. I am sick of that idea. Hopefully they will come to their senses and at least make that weak compared to the others.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • ShinjojinShinjojin The quiet one Joined: Posts: 303
    More videos!!

Currently playing: Nothing at the moment

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    And the gallery here: http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/gallery/28979731
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,367
    Tebbo wrote: »

stop fishing for upvotes.

we're not on reddit bro
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,516
    so they removed sidestepping in this game?
    @Missing Person when you do your front page article...try to explain the gem system to us, how it works etc. also, if you are there at evo, try to ask someone from arika why they removed sidestepping. just curious why.

since im not really a sf ex fan, i have ex3 in my ps2 collection but wasnt really into it, i personally like that they removed sidestepping...but im just curious why they removed it.
    edited July 16
    I'm okay with sidestepping but at least in a rectangular plane not the usual square so there is still the cornering strategy is still present and made projectile took two sidestep to be dodge successfully and made sidestep not as responsive like other movements so it requires timing and proper anticipation to successfully dodge projectiles not just another of those press and go.

Gems are fine they work decently in Pocket Fighters and MSH.. Capcom were just meh with SFXT for having hundreds of variations with Heroes and Herald like effects that is meh. That hundred thing should haven been reduced and optimized to no more and less than 10 but Capcom want to sell off advantages that why it went hundred variation.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Reading the the Deck System it feels like KOF 13's Target Actions and CVS2 grooves combined seems decent flavor to me. Interesting.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,962
    Still doesn't have a name. It should at least have a project name.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,977
    I don't recall there ever being side-stepping in the EX series.

I only recall Akuma's Ashura Senku making it look as if he's side-stepping when it's just the camera angle changes. The system was always straight 2D.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,161 mod
    edited July 16
    I don't recall there ever being side-stepping in the EX series.

I only recall Akuma's Ashura Senku making it look as if he's side-stepping when it's just the camera angle changes. The system was always straight 2D.

The problem is you're assuming this is a SF EX game. This is NOT a SF EX game in the normal sense. It's actually a different game that was published by Namco with EX characters included. It only hit Japanese arcades AFAIK so that's probably why you have no idea what it is. None of the characters in the game so far are SF/Capcom characters. They're all Arika characters which they own. The final version of this game may likely never have any SF characters if it's as true of a sequel to Fighting Layer as it looks.

Technically what you're looking at is a sequel to this game which had a couple Arika EX characters thrown in as cameos and was like a spin off of SF EX with a more combo heavy system, sidesteps and combo breakers.

It'll be interesting to see if they truly took sidesteps out or maybe just the guys playing didn't know the sidestep button/command. How fireball zoning works in the game will definitely be dictated by what happens with the sidesteps.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited July 16
    I was responding (forgot to quote) to @StockyJam about side-stepping. As far as I know, it wasn't removed because it was never a thing to begin with. At least I don't think it was. Based on his post, I assumed he was talking about the Street Fighter EX series and I don't remember any side-stepping there. Either way, I appreciate the detailed post. This is a game I need to pay more attention to.
    The super armor thing seems a game breaker for agile characters IMHO, the rest seems okay to me

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Was not expecting that deck system.
    Looks already better than the thrown-together cash grab that was in SFxT.

But that shit WILL need to be tweaked, cause I can imagine as people dissect each system, some broken shit's gonna come out of that.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    edited July 16
    wrong post

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited July 16
    I was responding (forgot to quote) to StockyJam about side-stepping. As far as I know, it wasn't removed because it was never a thing to begin with. At least I don't think it was. Based on his post, I assumed he was talking about the Street Fighter EX series and I don't remember any side-stepping there. Either way, I appreciate the detailed post. This is a game I need to pay more attention to.

shit there wasnt side stepping in SF ex? my memory fails me. im old. coulda sworn there was.
    edit:
    i was prob remembering wrong cuz the camera pans around a bit in ex...thats prob why
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,328
    I was responding (forgot to quote) to @StockyJam about side-stepping. As far as I know, it wasn't removed because it was never a thing to begin with. At least I don't think it was. Based on his post, I assumed he was talking about the Street Fighter EX series and I don't remember any side-stepping there. Either way, I appreciate the detailed post. This is a game I need to pay more attention to.

I don't know who was talking about what, just jumping in to say that no there was not sidestepping in SFEX, but there was in Fighting Layer and there was in the April 1st build of this new game done by pressing HP+HK.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    StockyJam wrote: »
    I was responding (forgot to quote) to StockyJam about side-stepping. As far as I know, it wasn't removed because it was never a thing to begin with. At least I don't think it was. Based on his post, I assumed he was talking about the Street Fighter EX series and I don't remember any side-stepping there. Either way, I appreciate the detailed post. This is a game I need to pay more attention to.

shit there wasnt side stepping in SF ex? my memory fails me. im old. coulda sworn there was.
    edit:
    i was prob remembering wrong cuz the camera pans around a bit in ex...thats prob why

That's exactly what I thought. The camera angle stuff threw me off back in the day as well. I remember when people would always compare it to Tekken way back in the day. I think that was mostly because of the graphics, though.

Thanks for clarifying, @JohnGrimm
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,306
    the gougi system sounds rad, no lie. especially the "miracle" set haha

I really do hope the game tends closer to FL than SFEX and we see a good amount of that cast returning. I do want V Rosso & Skullomania in badly tho
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 763
    There was side stepping in the April fools build because that build was 3D. The EVO build is standard 2.5D and I assume that's what they're going with now and into the future.
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 261
    Was not expecting that deck system.
    Looks already better than the thrown-together cash grab that was in SFxT.

But that shit WILL need to be tweaked, cause I can imagine as people dissect each system, some broken shit's gonna come out of that.

Too late. Those of us who played a few times realized Infinity is currently busted (one of the deck builds, this isn't a jab at the new marvel, I like it) and it has been mentioned to the developers by at the least two people (my self and another player discussed our findings and had spoken to the developers on separate occasions and they've acknowledged the issue).

I'll start with a general explanation of the deck system, there are five decks each with a different list of Gougi or as I'll call them for the remainder of this impression/write up bonuses, most have a few orange bonuses and a few blue bonuses, one has only orange bonuses (surprisingly not the broken deck). The blue bonuses are simple to activate for the most part with activation triggers are something like gain 1 super meter or let 10 seconds pass etc, if your deck contains the same bonus more than once they will all activate at the same time. These are generalized boosts like power up, speed up, meter gain, etc. The orange bonuses generally take more effort to activate but have more significant boosts like super armor (once active, you don't get put into hit stun by normals or Kairi's fireballs (including super air fireball) no matter how many consecutive hits you've taken), unlimited super meter, the ability to perform an attack out of block stun, etc. All successfully activated bonuses stay active though the remaining rounds. If you want a look at the available decks there is a story about NerdJosh's twitter post currently on the front page with images including the bonuses each deck gains.

Now for why the infinity deck is busted. They had put no limit to how much super to super canceling you are allowed to do, and the only restriction is that your super must have made contact (hit or block). So once you've triggered the infinite super meter you can block stun lock the opponent by using super to super cancels (Hokuto and Garuda both have supers that move and fireball supers that work to do just that) meaning once activated if either Aggro or Juggernaut block they lose to chip, or they get lamed out by unlimited fireball supers that also work as AAs by charging them (also both Hokuto and Garuda). As for the other three decks, they stand a chance due to guard cancel. Guard cancel allows you to cancel to an attack while in block stun, which means once active those three decks no longer need to worry about infinite block stun lock but still need to fight unlimited supers used for zoning and whiff punishes. Aside from guard cancel Shinobi gets guard crush and the ability to go invisible, neither of which are particularly great against Infinity, and Miracle (if not for Infinity this would be the go to deck, it's fairly easy to get everything activated by the second round thanks to overload) gets super armor, guard crush, and the ability to get out of a combo once per round (I never figured out how to actually get out of a combo once the illusion bonus was activated).

Also note that one of the three decks that stand a chance against Infinity is Infinity. And it isn't difficult to use 7 supers needed to activate infinite meter since the three blue bonus in this deck boost your meter gain by 30% per, and they activate at the same time, so you get 90% more meter early on.

I like the idea behind the deck system, but it needs serious tweaking. I had a lot of fun playing til we realized how much stronger than everything else Infinity was.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,127
    It's a very very early build, of course there will be brokenness and wacky shit to balance everywhere. But it's great they are attempting something fresh no matter how tough it may be to get right.
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 549
    No mention of a PC port is pretty heartbreaking. especially since it would be far easier and less time consuming to patch and get prepared before a PS4 release. Id love to give them my money (as i did for namco for the superior version of Tekken 7), but i cant with no system to play it on.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
    I wonder is the jumping leap that was on april build to be still there?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    Looks great, hopefully they release on PC too if PS4 goes well.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 623
    Darun and skullo revealed, dreams can come true!
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
    edited July 17
    I wonder how many characters they will go for. I'd guess 12 at that level of detail from a company like Arika. Hope to see Pullum, D.Dark and Vulcano.
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 261
    I'm hoping for Blair, Janis, and Tetsou myself. But those three need to wait for Cracker Jack to get in first. I want to hit some homeruns.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,771
    Call me old fashioned but give me Allen. Dude had a kara command throw in EX.

Deck system looks sick as fuck. Just re-balance it. Still the concept itself is fucking awesome and it shows that Arika has guts to try something different. This is how you get innovation. When devs have the balls to try shit and fail. It takes real courage and in an age where people cry for balance all day it makes companies fearful to think outside of the box. We gotta give credit where its due and encourage devs to try new shit even if it may be broken. Imagine if Arc Sys was afraid to experiment with jump install glitch or if Capcom had removed combos in SF2 development beta? Let companies try shit and we give them feedback so they can MAKE FIGHTING GAMES GREAT AGAIN!!!
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    This guys were the creative minds behind SF2 so I would trust team, Their groove system is really worth its not the usual bland execute activation then worked and it's not complicated even it had it's technicality.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)