- Cracker Jack
    - Doctrine Dark
    - Hayate
    - Nanase
    - Pullum Purna
    - Shadowgeist
    - Sharon
    - Vulcano Rosso

Given how Allen has been there since Fighting Layer and is now in FEXL - I'd say Blair Dame will make the cut as well. EX1 also had Pullum, C.Jack and D.Dark. That's 4 remaining reveals right there

The remaining 7 could then be released as DLC, unless they want to bring some more Fighting Layer classics instead of focusing on EX-only for DLC
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ZaratrasZaratras Joined: Posts: 20
    They apparently didn't want to crowdfund it because they thought the crowdfunding campaign would be a failure. If people hype about this game go out and purchase it and we surprise Arika with how much we love the EX series, that will pretty much guarantee more support and DLC characters, if the sales are poor it will be tough for them to do DLC and that might be a wrap on the game, but if the game turns out to be fun and has good netcode we should be supporting its purchase so Arika can be surprised and earn some income back that they can put towards DLC characters.
  • ZaratrasZaratras Joined: Posts: 20
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Confirmed
    - Hokuto (Shirase)
    - Kairi
    - Garuda
    - Skullomania
    - Darun Mister
    - Allen Snider
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

Remaining SF EX characters
    - Ace
    - Area
    - Blair Dame
    - Cracker Jack
    - Doctrine Dark
    - Hayate
    - Nanase
    - Pullum Purna
    - Shadowgeist
    - Sharon
    - Vulcano Rosso

Given how Allen has been there since Fighting Layer and is now in FEXL - I'd say Blair Dame will make the cut as well. EX1 also had Pullum, C.Jack and D.Dark. That's 4 remaining reveals right there

The remaining 7 could then be released as DLC, unless they want to bring some more Fighting Layer classics instead of focusing on EX-only for DLC

Personally id like to see Blair Dame, Doctrine Dark, Cracker Jack and Vulcano Rosso. I really like shadowgeist, hayate and nanase though so i hope those get in as DLC. Ideally we'd get a 12 or 13 character roster, but it makes sense considering Arikas isnt exactly the most financially well off company ever.
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 338
    edited August 9
    If they're going for a 10 character roster, that means there's only four characters left to reveal. I think we're going to get the remaining EX1 characters for the initial 10, seeing as everyone in the game that's currently announced originated from EX1 (with Garuda being from EX1 plus), and then get the rest of the EX characters if the game does well (based on the info bakfroman posted above). So I think D.Dark, Blair, Pullum and C.Jack are going to the be the other four characters.

I could be completely wrong of course, but it's fun to speculate.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."
  • bakfromonbakfromon True Void Joined: Posts: 2,089
    They should crowd fund stuff since its a playable game alreadyt

Regarding the crowd funding topic. They said during the Q&A that they considered the option of doing a Kickstarter but ultimately they felt that the game wouldn't raise the funds they needed that way... :sweat:
    The man I face...my closest friend, my brother in arms, and my greatest rival...how has it come to this?
    Japanese language is a 10-0 matchup unless you have that bakfromon Discord tech

New Street Fighter Plot Guide in the works!!! Currently featuring both Japanese and English transcripts for all the profiles of your favorite World Warriors.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,159
    That makes no sense lol, some money is better than no money, and a crowdfunding campaign is a great way to gauge interest.

Better than finding out there's not enough interest after putting money from their own pockets.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,902 mod
    edited August 9
    I respect the decision. Especially if they plan to release the game at a discounted price as DLC only. They're obviously not planning to do a big store release for this game with only a 10 character roster of niche fighting game characters and likely not enough time to add a lot of single player content. Putting the game out for sale on their own guarantees the game goes gold and if made on enough of a budget can get enough return to keep adding DLC over time. Max can always shill the shit out of the game (aka like the game a lot) on his channel any way and he's the big factor for stuff like this getting bigger among the common internet man.

I've grown to like the EX series over time and love Fighting Layer so I'm definitely buying this day one regardless. Good luck to the team and hopefully the game gets somewhere in the tourney scene and in the market.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Releasing an unfinished game and then adding content later didn't work for Street Fighter V. Why would it work for Arika?

Doing a Kickstarter would allow them to make a couple more characters and polish the game more to have a better product than doing it on their own budget. There's interest, game looks good, I doubt a Kickstarter would fail. If Arcana Heart pulled it off they can.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,686
    Right now, I dislike a few part on the gougi system and a bit of minor stuff on the visuals but everything I see is an okay to me. I still expect them to reach at least 12 for the character and just polish the gougi system just a bit!!

- Cracker Jack
    - Doctrine Dark
    - Pullum Purna
    - Nanase
    - Vulcano Rosso
    - Shadowgeist

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,997
    Blair Dame will get in before Shadowgeist. She's one of the OG Arika characters
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,261
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Releasing an unfinished game and then adding content later didn't work for Street Fighter V. Why would it work for Arika?

Doing a Kickstarter would allow them to make a couple more characters and polish the game more to have a better product than doing it on their own budget. There's interest, game looks good, I doubt a Kickstarter would fail. If Arcana Heart pulled it off they can.

It didn't work for a multitude of reasons, most of which because simply put, they're Capcom. They should be better than that.

Whereas for Arika, everyone understands their situation. People will accept almost anything if the contextual situation meets their standard.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,444
    edited August 9
    If they add my boy D. Dark, day 1.

If they don't, still day 1. That's how much of an avid fan I am.

I really like what I've seen from this game. Definitely going to help support Arika. Hopefully it has some success.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 597
    edited August 10
    "HAHAHAHAHAHA
    SKULLOMANIA IS VERY STRONG!!!"

It would be a cool option to choose PS1 sound effects if you wanted to.
  • digos25digos25 SENZU BEAN! Joined: Posts: 619
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 304
    edited August 10
    Cronopio wrote: »

Difference is, Capcom is more of a bigger name than Arika is around the world, especially as they've been handling the SF series for 3 decades now. That's why it was inexcusable for Capcom to release SF V in the state that it was in.

Arika is in even worse shape than Capcom is financially & because they're a very niche company like Arc System Works & SNK are. That's why they can get away with it.
    Ianskie wrote: »
    It would be a cool option to choose PS1 sound effects if you wanted to.

No need for an option, theyr'e already in the game

kappa
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

A game is a game though, and a 10 character fighter with little content from a lesser known company will struggle. I don't think they will "get away with it".
    edited August 10
    If they would bringing in more variant multiplayer mode and single player content it would worked even without any story mode.

Thinking lately of the armor and infinity super...

The armor should have been for attack moves like normal or specials instead of just being neutral stance and the infinite super should be like max level 3 when successfully meet the conditioned but after using 3 level of super it regenerates each level in a not instantaneous way to avoid locking your opponent into blocking until mistake.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,434
    10 characters? That's kinda meh but I understand

Plus they could still add dlc later on
    I don't think they need to alter the buffs themselves, I would just make them be manually activated by the player and make them last a small fixed amount of time, then you need to meet the requirements again.

That way you would avoid silly things like infinite super chip setups without actually weakening the buffs, that are pretty fun, and force you to decide when to use them properly at the risk of losing them for a while, making them more strategic than just a checklist of things to do.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No Blair No Buy
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

No need for an option, theyr'e already in the game

kappa

They said the PS1 effects were being used as a placeholder and will be replaced with new stuff.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 864
    I'm fine with a ten character roster to start. It's better to have less characters and a more polished product IMO. Then if the initial sales are successful they can go the DLC route.
    edited August 10
    I used to think it should be timed too in my earlier comments after seeing EVO plays but I don't think they would ever made it into manual activation. Because by design everything is a passive triggers as a theme.

The only solution I think to be effective even being timed that will never require any kind of command activation, Is to simply lower the standard of the activation requirements to make it often recurring ability and increase accessibility but still beyond the total control.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,434
    edited August 11
    From the looks of it, they'll probably go with the EX1 characters first meaning the last 4 spots would be for

Pullum
    Blaire
    D.dark
    C.jack

350px-EXALLCLEAR.jpg

Than they'd probably keep going with the EX2 characters, than EX3 characters. Maybe there will even be Fighting Layer characters afterwards
  • BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 98
    I had an interesting theory about roster for fighting layer EX it was to do with the fact that a lot of the SF characters in EX are solid and stables in the EX games so I thought that they might introduce the way those characters functioned back in through their Fighting Layer characters. I did a vid on it where I went into more detail
    I wonder how its going with their gem like system?

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

21317644_324782971318594_8837342157627212907_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=cc09607076ab0a4f94e44180e5570870&oe=5A56B63

Allen? From Arika FB page

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• digos25digos25 SENZU BEAN! Joined: Posts: 619
    Can´t see the pic @The_Shakunetsu
    edited September 9
    The Facebook page has been a great source lately. They've been posting a couple times a day this week with updates and info about what is being worked on, hopefully it stays consistent. Only downside is I am relying on facebook translator.

EDIT: oh hey some of the previous posts were translated just a few hours ago.
    Post edited by Ianskie on
    Dammit that was too short
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,244
    Allen Snider looks so stupid.
    And they still didn't fix the sound effects.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 864
    You really have to focus on the last 7 seconds.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,221
    that was way too short
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm pretty sure that choice in input method was in the other betas and location tests as well.