The Wrestling Thread: TLC 10/22 - Takeover Houston 11/18 - Survivor Series 11/19

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,243
    edited May 8
    CFO panders to it by giving very major signing a theme for fans to sing-a-long to. I'm suprised McIntyre didn't get one. He got lazy and put bagpipes over Rodrick Strong's first theme.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man, what was wrong with Drew's initial theme?

That was hype enough right?
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    I want Broken Dreams back to. His new theme is generic shit you put on a CAW.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,749
    Everybody is making enough stink i bet Drew gets that theme back in chicago

Synth bagpipes are a shit opening
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,700 mod
    edited May 8
    Lantis wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    He should feud with Jericho when he returns from the Fozzy tour. Jericho can put anything over.

fandango?

Fandango confirmed worse than an aluminum board with some paper?

Fandango was over in the beginning when the crowd sang along with his theme. Why didn't WWE capitalize...

Fandango was a heel at the time, so you're not supposed to pander to the crowd with your theme.
    Tell that to Bobby Roode. But then again, it works since he's a really good heel with a ton of great faces to work with in NXT.
    CFO panders to it by giving very major signing a theme for fans to sing-a-long to. I'm suprised McIntyre didn't get one. He got lazy and put bagpipes over Rodrick Strong's first theme.

"They", CFO$ is a 2 man operation.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    He should feud with Jericho when he returns from the Fozzy tour. Jericho can put anything over.

fandango?

Fandango was over in the beginning when the crowd sang along with his theme. Why didn't WWE capitalize...

Fandango was a heel at the time, so you're not supposed to pander to the crowd with your theme.
    Tell that to Bobby Roode. But then again, it works since he's a really good heel with a ton of great faces to work with in NXT.

Booby Rhode is a bad example. Full Sail is a shit crowd who only wants to get themselves over. They are not allowing Rhode to get over as a heel.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I know this won't happen but I hope WWE continues to build up Sheamaro as this bad ass heel tag team, then bring up Chris Hero as a bruiser and Drew McIntyre as the leader and just let them bulldoze people.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001

fandango?

Booby Rhode is a bad example. Full Sail is a shit crowd who only wants to get themselves over. They are not allowing Rhode to get over as a heel.

They won't react for Cien even though you pit cien in 2013 nxt he would be so over. I mean ohno and black get nothing. Neither does roddy. Sanity get heat.

But heavy machinery are getting over FAST

fandango?

It's not just Full Sail though, people are singing along even at Takeovers. Even at his debut in Brooklyn.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited May 8
    It is when full sail tries to copy british crowds that they deserve to die and i hope they burn in hell

That takeover crowd ruined takeover

I have hated full sail since brooklyn 1, loved owens shitting on them endlessly

San Antonio gave bobby heat

But really watch 2014 nxt, totally different crowd compared to current day

Smark crowds are shit. The crowd is trained only for sing-a-long so an actual fire match like oney/drew got golf claps due to no chants for either

Cannot wait for the roddy heel turn into douchebag who shits on the lame smark shitheads
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,127
    maxx wrote: »
    Having an over theme doesn't mean you are over. It just means you have an catchy theme. And that was a post wrestlemania raw crowd where the weirdest shit always happens.

Nakamura, Sami zayn and Becky are all example who are over who happen to have a Catchy theme.

double zayn with catchy move as well. lmfao i still think its funny now that joes here...no one even remembers the ole shit was joes first.
    You know we're the only ones who know about original ole kicks in here. Maxx plz
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

I think joe brings it back for a barrier breaker spot maybe against rollins

I want to see ellsworth get murdered weekly again and again

Aj needs his win back
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 8
    Emma took a bad bump at a house show in the UK and word is that she may be out again.

EDIT: Photos from Twitter.
    Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    AJ wants to make the US Championship as important as the WWE Championship.
    I'm excited about it. I think the United States Championship is as big of a deal to me as the WWE Championship, I'm just not in line for that right now and that's okay. I set goals and being U.S. Champion is one of those and I want to make that United States Championship as important as the WWE Championship.
    http://www.skysports.com/wwe/news/12040/10868490/wwe-aj-styles-exclusive
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

Kris wolf new contender in cute
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

It's a work though........gonna make her eventual win over Asuka at Takeover NY mean more.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,741
    Gives him time to clean up the beard, then return by slamming Roman through a couple of walls
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,621
    London ain't as lively as they usually are tonight, Braun still seems pretty over tho

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,537
    Homeboy can rhyme too. Man of many talents.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,014
    edited May 9
    Balor vs. Mix should be good!!!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That's a perfect pairing.

And fuck this UK crowd.
    Green Karin.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,700
    This crowd sounds like they take their cues from Full Sail.

Fucking hate it when the audience tries to put themselves over the in-ring action.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,014
    Omg....Roman sighting!!
    And the boos commence!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,621
    This only makes people hate Reigns more....beating on a guy with an injured arm, not what id call heroic

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,721
    R.I.P Slater's kids.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Cole got a death wish tonight.
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
    This crowd is pretty dumb.
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
    edited May 9
    Miz definitely top heel on Raw. Also, enjoying this weird Miz/Wyatt alliance more than I thought I would, even if it does seem to put Miz over more than Bray.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    This crowd sounds like they take their cues from Full Sail.

flip that comment...mentioned this before full sail stole alot of the shit from uk crowds. all the chants/singing/fuck up the ref shit is from the uk. specifically progress and whatculture.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Yeah but the wwe uk crowds are entirely about ruining a show so they can chant

Full sail thinks theh are helping by being obnoxious

Hope we get bra and panties, hla, and we want puppies chants during the tourney
    edited May 9
    dab00g wrote: »
    Yeah but the wwe uk crowds are entirely about ruining a show so they can chant

Full sail thinks theh are helping by being obnoxious

Hope we get bra and panties, hla, and we want puppies chants during the tourney

way more drinking involved in uk shows lmfao. fuck a two beer limit

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Go to a pwg show and most everybody got drunk because we pre-game

But we never try to overshadow a good match

A progress/revpro crowd is good at playing with the show

The full sail crowd is the impact zone crowd, so they already fail on many fronts
    whatculture only recently started gettin real talent so they're learning to adapt and tone it down. in general they are pretty good during superstar matches

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,721
    Cesaro and Sheamus need to win their title match against the Hardyz, otherwise WWE will have buried the entire tag division (sans Revival) by having Sheamus/Cesaro beat everyone clean just to put over the Hardyz again.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    edited May 9
    Cesaro and Sheamus need to win their title match against the Hardyz, otherwise WWE will have buried the entire tag division (sans Revival) by having Sheamus/Cesaro beat everyone clean just to put over the Hardyz again.

Them losing and getting on a broken path to reclaim the titles would be delightful!

On side note, the way Shesaro was booked for the tag team turmoil is how American Alpha should have been booked in that SD tag team turmoil/whatever with a babyface match flow. Them stating wanting to go first, then coming out fresh midway and winning was jarring at best.
    Post edited by Tyrant Sardines II on
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sheamaro aren't winning, I am pretty sure they are waiting for Revival to come back to take the belts of Hardys.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001