The Wrestling Thread: Jinder the Unhindered - Extreme Rules 6/4

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Isn't Punk still under contract with the UFC?

yeah but so was brock when he did ufc and wwe.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 6,998
    dab00g wrote: »
    They would have to give dbry the hbk 7 mil for msg, tv and ppv only contract that let's him be at home to raise his daughter

The kid changes everything

Literally DBry is on pace to do that hbk rebirh run

TBH, he should only be a special attraction kind of wrestler. I'm talking Summerslam and Mania and that's it.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • odinodin the final solution Joined: Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster HUMANZ Joined: Posts: 8,342
    I want a bullet club reunion so bad
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

double post because fuck you

Wwe U.K. Event tomorrow on the network
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,653
    WWE would ruin that reunion by teasing a Finn-AJ feud for leadership, then have the GB side with Roman and turn "face" while pandering to the crowd. Karl will talk about how much his #hotasianwife loves whatever food your city's good at cooking up.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,525
    The Kamen Rider movie with Tanahashi has been subbed. I'm ready for Tanahashi to be the Super Sentai we deserve.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,653
    Ricochet vs. Ospreay 2 is my favorite anime of the season so far.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode

Well that's not good for Takeover............

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,500
    edited May 19
    I really want real rock n rolla with light up jacket prince devitt back

The Club boosted AJ's confidence and he became the best promo because of them.

Seeing Bálor use the club to win the fatal fiveway, then get fed to brock would be fine with me

I have never been one of those dudes. But i must wife this girl.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,115 mod
    I really want real rock n rolla with light up jacket prince devitt back
    I want this because it can lead to a natural feud with Jericho, and 9/10 things Jericho touches is gold.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,338
    edited May 19
    d3v wrote: »
    Finished Halloween Havoc '95. Holy shit how can a finish be that bad?
    It's even worse because the next night on Nitro they retconned it so that Giant's belt win was considered legitimate.

Damnit that really sucks. There's enough time left that the match could still happen with a replacement but it won't be the same.
    Johnny Gargano: "Let me team with Tomasso damnit!"
    Regal: Mr Gargano "I'm afraid we can't he's injured."
    Johnny Gargano: "Fine. Then get me his non-union American equivalent!"
    *After Takeover Chicago.*
    nxtawards_diy_hd--fe5c364af9360b2d9a262a18f566f8dc.jpg
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.

Damnit that really sucks. There's enough time left that the match could still happen with a replacement but it won't be the same.
    Johnny Gargano: "Let me team with Tomasso damnit!"
    Regal: Mr Gargano "I'm afraid we can't he's injured."
    Johnny Gargano: "Fine. Then get me his non-union American equivalent!"
    *After Takeover Chicago.*
    candice-lerae-3.jpg
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

I hope it is not a big deal, but this sets up the split. I would throw a surprise team at aop. Somebody who could carry them. Somebody aop attacked. Somebody who can eat a loss.

I would say american alpha jumping in

But i kind of want it to be the colons
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 6,998
    AoP doesn't really need to be carried that much. They did more than their part at Takeover Orlando.
    Oh yeah, but i really want an american alpha showcase match in chicago
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Some names expected to be at the NJPW show in Long Beach. Night 1 is gonna be live on AXS.

•Bad Luck Fale
    •Billy Gunn
    •Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
    •BUSHI
    •Cody Rhodes
    •David Finlay
    •Dragon Lee
    •EVIL
    •Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)
    •Hangman Page
    •Hiromu Takahashi
    •Hiroshi Tanahashi
    •Jay Lethal
    •Jay White
    •Juice Robinson
    •Jushin Liger
    •Kazuchika Okada
    •Kenny Omega
    •KUSHIDA
    •Marty Scurll
    •Michael Elgin
    •Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero)
    •SANADA
    •Tempura Boyz (Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu)
    •Tetsuya Naito
    •Titán
    •Tomohiro Ishii
    •Volador, Jr.
    •War Machine (Hanson & Ray Rowe)
    •Will Ospreay
    •YOSHITATSU
    •Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
    •Yujiro Takahashi
    •Zack Sabre, Jr.
    Green Karin.
    edited May 19
    The press conference was pretty good. Kenny was heeling it up. Said he's not yet in his final form. Also said he carried Okada. Said he didn't hit his one winged angel on okada at their last meeting.
    Green Karin.
    edited May 19

I think Okada breaks Inoki's record before losing the title

I love the njpw one on one on the road series

On njpw they have these subbed with tanahashi, kushida, and kojima
    Great news, according to Triple H, Ciampa just turned his ankle, wasn't a break or a sprain. They can still make change plans for the Takeover match if it's worse than it currently seems but as it stands now they're confident he will be able to wrestle.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,012
    Don't forget guys that the UK Special is in 2 hours.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    I bet they redo rockers vs powers of pain where hbk took a beatdown pre-match and marty had to take on hercules and roma solo.

• jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lets be honest here, how long until Dalton Castle is in WWE. Vince loves shit like this.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    I would say he should have worn shoes instead of flip flops to a tryout

Guys want to be recruited not go there to tryout

AJ, Nakamura, and the Club changed how it works because they all got BIG money to go to wwe.

I really think nakamura spent that year in nxt to settle his family along with learning where to work with the new camera men

Camera men in wwe are underrated as far as making these guys stand out and look like stars.

You make good relationships with production, camera guys, and the announcers they will make you look excellent

The roll out and presentation for Nakamura has been excellent. Same with Tye and especially Finn.
    Time for some good old fashioned Daytime Wrestling
    This UK special been great so far. I want Pete Dunne to win and go to Takeover and win the belt.
    Dunne brought the Progress Belt!
    I'll watch the U.K. Special tomorrow before work. It'll be nice to see some graps
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Absolute cracker of a match between Bate and Mandrews. I swear, Mandrews has been putting on CLINICS since coming to WWE. Sorry Aries, I want Mandrews to be the one to beat Neville for the CW belt.
    Going to WWE has been the best thing to happen to Andrews. The match was fantastic.

I really think nakamura spent that year in nxt to settle his family along with learning where to work with the new camera men

Camera men in wwe are underrated as far as making these guys stand out and look like stars.

You make good relationships with production, camera guys, and the announcers they will make you look excellent

The roll out and presentation for Nakamura has been excellent. Same with Tye and especially Finn.

It's not just that. The WWE ring is larger than what they use everywhere else by a couple of feet, so certain bits of timing and positioning needs to change as well.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

watching the UK special.

its nice to hear jr again on the mic again.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The style of njpw and wwe has never been so similar

Honestly, and i like it. Okada is the most Orton like wrestler.

But to me besides work, the biggest thing is presence. Presence is created live, but if you have presence it will shine through on tv

TNA has this way of destroying presence. Where really nobody looks or feels important.

Compare 2013 AJ to 2014 AJ, he went to njpw and they made him into a star. Like all of his potential was finally reallized and showcased on a product that was great.

Then compare 2014 Aj to 2017 AJ, wwe has this way of presenting their main guys/pushed guys as this awesome super hero.

Look at the difference between The girls on smackdown and the girls on raw.

Naomi feels like the biggest deal.
    edited May 20
    Pete Dunne vs. Trent Seven was really good.

I haven't watched the rest of the special because the app keeps crashing. :(

Edit; finally watched the rest. Mark Andrews vs. Tyler Bates was OK. I liked Dunne vs Seven more
    Post edited by Kinniku Buster on
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Bailey has a terrible elbow

Kairi is known entirely for the elbow

Waiting for Bailey to get shit on twitter for claiming the elbow

If it comes to pass, this would definitely hurt the already sagging popularity (due to booking) of Bayley.
    edited May 20
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Lets be honest here, how long until Dalton Castle is in WWE. Vince loves shit like this.
    Dalton is totally up in the air once his contract with ROH is finished, you can bet that every company is going to (and should) want him.

It's not just that. The WWE ring is larger than what they use everywhere else by a couple of feet, so certain bits of timing and positioning needs to change as well.
    Depends, New Japan's ring is pretty close in size (Iirc it's about 18x18 vs WWE's 20x20) but with a wider apron, there's a couple of Mexican promotions that use absolutely gigantic rings (22x22 and 24x24) a lot of which would have been converted from boxing rings so they're really stiff.
    There's definitely a conversion period in getting used to the different rings though even small changes can really throw you off.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    Dalton is totally up in the air once his contract with ROH is finished, you can bet that every company is going to (and should) want him.

Depends, New Japan's ring is pretty close in size (Iirc it's about 18x18 vs WWE's 20x20) but with a wider apron, there's a couple of Mexican promotions that use absolutely gigantic rings (22x22 and 24x24) a lot of which would have been converted from boxing rings so they're really stiff.
    There's definitely a conversion period in getting used to the different rings though even small changes can really throw you off.

i trained in a wwe sized ring. and built smaller rings/wwe sized rings when i was training...its not that fuckin big of a deal of an adjustment. lmfao.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Foley hitting EC3 with Socko at the House of Hardcore.

Basically a former WWE Raw GM attacking an Impact main eventer, to assist an old pal in ROH (Bubba Ray), in a show run by the heart and soul of ECW.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

edited May 20
    Saitsu wrote: »

If it comes to pass, this would definitely hurt the already sagging popularity (due to booking) of Bayley.

It is like it came out entirely as a hit piece on Bayley.

Bayley sucks on the mic, as a character, and she is okay in ring

Just like sasha they need that nxt coaching and practice to "get it right"

Alexa surpassed Sasha and bayley. She is on that same level as Naomi, Becky, and Charlotte as far as getting who her character is.

Sasha and Bayley have regressed because they mostly just work each other.

Even though some reviewers hate nia, she has a presence and demeanor that both bayley and sasha lack.

Heel turn for sasha maybe, but bayley needs something better than unsure fan girl. Just her vibe is she does not believe in what she is doing. It is killing her. She was doing better in nxt because she had this "i got it" confidence about her

Maybe she needs more encouragement? But both her and sasha look like girls playing wrestler. As opposed to becky or naomi who come off as wrestlers wanting to be the best.
    maxx wrote: »

i trained in a wwe sized ring. and built smaller rings/wwe sized rings when i was training...its not that fuckin big of a deal of an adjustment. lmfao.

The adjustment is working on tv as opposed to working in front of nobody

The agents in LU are WWe/wcw guys with a knack for presenting the matches way better than any company

Too bad matt striker and vampiro are doing commentary. I hate striker breaking kayfabe "i'm marking out bro!" Stfu

Like watch ricochet pre and post dragon gate, and see how fast tozawa assimilated to wwe

Dragon Gate films a lot like wwe, hard cam, big spots set up for that dramatic camera work, and that basic drama and character work from top tier guys

The lower tier workers do the spot fest, and the main event is your wwe main event of dramatic kickouts after finishers
    This is interesting/disappointing. Jericho was supposed to win the Universal title at 'Mania right until "plans changed" because of "the Goldberg factor".
    I was supposed to finish up after WrestleMania, that Monday afterwards. About, I don't know, December maybe Vince (McMahon) called me in, he had a big idea. I can probably say this now: the original idea as things change all the time, exclusive for Busted Open, was for me and Kevin Owens to work at WrestleMania, for me to win the title, and then to lose it to Brock in Sacramento at the next pay-per-view, which was April 30. So when you get presented with that idea it's like 'well, sure, of course I'll stay for that.' Then, as things go, the Goldberg factor started and things changed his mind. At that point I was already locked in for the extra month, doing another month with Kevin Owens, which was the way to do it anyways. My plan was not to finish up on SmackDown on a Tuesday and go straight into rehearsals on a Wednesday. It was not supposed to be that but sometimes that's how it works.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

kenny king and jim cornette got into a beef and kenny is gettin verbally bitch smacked

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Of course he is.........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    kenny king and jim cornette got into a beef and kenny is gettin verbally bitch smacked

Where at, I want to see that lol.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Takeover gonna be sick tonight.
    2014 AJ was so good compared to his latter years in TNA.

I like how WWE made the springboard forearm a legitimate finisher , despite it just being a signature move for years.

It's definitely a good visual .
    Green Karin.