The Wrestling Thread: - RIP Bobby Heenan - Join us on discord! - No Mercy 9/24

Comments

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,668
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Sheamaro aren't winning, I am pretty sure they are waiting for Revival to come back to take the belts of Hardys.
    As much as I like the Revival and I'm aware Sheasaro more or less took their slot with Dash getting injured, this would be the wrong booking decision right now. Sheasaro would be dead in the water after turning and being built up just to lose again, the Tag Division would have no viable faces outside of the Hardyz.

Additionally the Hardyz as a nostalgia act have a limited shelf life so it's better to have Sheasaro go over here to give Matt a catalyst to change into the full broken gimmick sooner rather than later (Jeff is going to be over as fuck regardless and is likely getting a world title push in the future so he could change with Matt but he doesn't necessarily have to). You can then have them regain the titles again the following PPV with their new Broken powers.

After this and the rematch, then you have the Hardyz feud with the Revival, have Revival go over and then move both Hardyz members into singles.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,534
    Matt cannot go anymore. Sheamus couldn't get quality out of him. The hardyz work better in tags.

I would love to see Lesnar ragdoll jeff again
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,511 mod
    Besides, it seems that they're already going all in in bringing the Broken Universe back. Stalling it to wait for the Revival would do more harm than good right now.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    I wonder what happens with rowan and harper

Those two have a five star match against the usos

I can see those two as the equivalent of sheasaro

I just loved how they work. Pissed we never got that match with the dudleyz
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    I dislike seeing Rowan hold Luke back, creative does that enough. Always stop and go with Luke singles runs, he just needs time to do it and they always have him in short bursts before pairing him back with Bray or Rowan.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    SmackDown tag division is in a holding pattern until the New Day is ready. Granted it's not a bad one since we got to see midcard teams fight it out for the right to face the Usos. But any more involved programs are likely not happening anytime soon.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited May 9
    CODY is having wcw saturday night level matches everywhere. He lacks motivation or fire really. His best match so far is the one with Juice. He is a 3 star machine.

I hope he steps it up at the g-1. But we have not seen the blocks yet.

Have a feeling on certain roh/indy talents. I think Cole comes to nxt before the influx of guys like kyle o'reilly, bobby fish, & the women/europeans. I think wwe will bring in Keith Lee based on size, look, athleticism, and promo. Then push him huge in nxt, until vince sees him then brings him up.

Once Season 3 of LU ends penta, fenix, and ricochet are wwe bound.

I think wwe sends nxt guys to the uk show to develop and brings those guys to takeovers. Since wwe: uk is being shopped around with interests from itv and other channels. since the wos tapings have been postponed indefinitely. And progress/icw are doing the wwn/evolve deal with wwe. I think wwe may have a network show on uk tv.

That creates some interesting scenarios as wwe would want their uk brand to flourish.
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,274 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    205 Live is 30 minutes going forward..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,371

Goddamn... Why even start a Cruiserweight division if you aren't going to give them anything?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »

Goddamn... Why even start a Cruiserweight division if you aren't going to give them anything?

Cause Vince gets hyped by new things, then gets bored very quickly.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,713
    Because giving the Cruiserweights a decent time slot (i.e. before SD Live, bumping that show back an hour) would actually make sense and disprove Vince's idea that smaller wrestlers are bad and hosses are good.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,477
    They should end the raw exclusivity. SDL would be hungry to work with them.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 10
    I would take Jinder as champ over Orton at this moment tbh. Apparently SD was heavily edited and there were a ton of We Want Curry chants towards Jinder.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited May 10
    The funny part is that most Indians dont speak punjabi. KO with the real talk.
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
    edited May 10
    I am just saying Curry is delicious I don't understand the editing, I will take it with my fried chicken and watermelon.

Naomi that was terrible.

I had to mute my tv because they let Charlotte talk again.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,058
    205 live will likely be cancelled by the end of the year. neville is trying to keep the cruiserweights afloat (and he's done a great job) but its just not enough.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

Are they doing everything they can to bury Shinsuke? This artist shit has to stop, King of Strong Style worked fine.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,021
    Smackdown creative is focusing on the wrong aspects of Shinsuke. They are selling him on his quirkness and being eccentric.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    jae hoon wrote: »
    I am just saying Curry is delicious I don't understand the editing, I will take it with my fried chicken and watermelon.

Naomi that was terrible.

I had to mute my tv because they let Charlotte talk again.

The Maharaja of Curry can be a better gimmick for Jinder. They are wasting Nakamura on Ziggler. Gives me flashes of the Corbin Ziggler never ending feud. Dolph aint no Miz.
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
    Who is this person they are masquerading as Lana?
    edited May 10
    Ok I am in on the Fashion Police, don't see them winning though.

Uhh so Luke Harper jobs to a job guy, why?
    Lol Usos...

12 DAYS!
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Lol at the Usos corpsing at their own promo.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i still firmly believe that some of the writers changed brands, it is the only logical explanation.
    Green Karin.
    edited May 10
    Ward and Dogg are still in charge however and you can still see their style on the show (such as more focus on the belts). It's probably just Vince being Vince and them having to change things up to satisfy his whims.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,840
    d3v wrote: »
    Ward and Dogg are still in charge however and you can still see their style on the show (such as more focus on the belts). It's probably just Vince being Vince and them having to change things up to satisfy his whims.

Is it possible that Vince is just getting more senile and is starting to be unable to tell which is RAW and which is Smackdown?

"Man, these 3 hour shows feel shorter and shorter each week!".
    Seeing as how Vince is doing less and less traveling with the product these days, I'd say it's safe to assume that time is finally catching up to him.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,058
    So I guess if Braun isn't cleared by Great Balls of Fire (God what a dumb ppv name. Some wcw level shit) they plan on doing a #1 contender tournament.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

The whole Raw exlusivity thing is kinda funny when you consider that some of their segments are clearly shot on the SDL set, after SDL.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    What's this? Beer in a WWE ring after the PG-Era?
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited May 10
    d3v wrote: »

The whole Raw exlusivity thing is kinda funny when you consider that some of their segments are clearly shot on the SDL set, after SDL.

Yeah, they look to be made for each other. Putting it before SDL and then returning Talking Smack back to its original time slot would make for a great watching experience. Most people tend to get burnt out post the main event.

So I guess if Braun isn't cleared by Great Balls of Fire (God what a dumb ppv name. Some wcw level shit) they plan on doing a #1 contender tournament.

Probably Balor? Bray didn't continue his program with him this raw, or did he?
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
    edited May 10
    Chachi wrote: »
    Because giving the Cruiserweights a decent time slot (i.e. before SD Live, bumping that show back an hour) would actually make sense and disprove Vince's idea that smaller wrestlers are bad and hosses are good.

It can still be "live" and have a better crowd as a pre-show

It makes no sense why it isn't the rAw pre-show and sd gets main event for their midcarders

They can't build shinsuke as king of strong style because he has not wrestled yet. This artist shit is whack.

I think his charisma sells him. Just wait for him to get overexposed on sd

All the americans/europeans ie white people saying omega should be champ to expand new japan are fucking dumb.

New Japan is backing Okada as the ace and the only guy who can challenge him in money is Naito.

Okada is the face njpw wants to push during their expansion because he is the man in the promotion. He is their Roman Reigns. Omega would not push them as this different wrestling brand. Plus how would a company called new japan push their white champion. No. New Japan sold out shows because of okada. Those long beach shows sold out because of new japan is a strong brand.

Also Omega unwilling to commit is why njpw has not given the belt to him.

To give kenny the belt for the expansion is the equivalent of making Scarlett Johanson the lead character in ghost in the shell
    SD tag teams look to finally be exciting now that the Usos have turned heel. Good choice since the New Day would have eclipsed them if they remained face. All that needs to happen now is for them to be as entertaining as they were with the 12 days thing.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    New Day became obnoxious about 6 months ago

Like fuck them. I enjoy seeing kofi and xavier get wrecked. Big E is ready for that major singles run. He can wreck the other two and go on his own as a face.
    They still sell a lot of merchandise though.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    I think bigger picture big e needs to be a main event singles guy.
    Oh hey, Mojo Rawley still exists.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jinder actually getting better in ring and promo.

I can tell he has a cold or something....his voice was cracking a lil.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast