The Wrestling Thread: - Takeover Brooklyn III 8/19 - Summerslam 8/20

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,619
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Leave the dancing to Naomi Lana. I don't want to see that make it to TV.

Too late. They are already running promos for this gimmick.

I guess they could always pull an Emma and call it back, though... Wonder if she's going to keep the accent.

They can always change the gimmick for her not to be a dancer. Make her Emmalina. She got over just for being hot anyway.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 972
    90% of the divas look the exact same to me.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,406
    ^ So if you like one, you like 90% of them! :)

OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,040 mod
    Benoit reference on Ellen Degeneres' show.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reading the latest NXT spoilers..........
    tumblr_nypawv1gHl1rerytio1_500.gif
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
    So it looks like we getting that...
    Itami vs Roode program.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,795
    edited April 20
    Full Sail is shit. NXT is so much better on the road due to these idiots trying to put themselves over.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,172
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Full Sail is shit. NXT is so much better on the road due to these idiots trying to put themselves over.

Even the other orlando crowd is better when they do outside of full sail the shows are better

Full sail deserves squash matches and endless promos, they need to do that for nxt

I remember in 2013 the crowd was mostly full of kids and their parents

It was better

Now it has become impact zone. I hated those crowds

I hate the nxt chant.

The crowds in australia, osaka, brooklyn, and san antonio were better

I hate full sail more than uk crowds
    Seeing they are in chicago and hideo does the gts...
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,522
    Potential major injury happened at today's NXT tapings, could possibly be considered as a tapings spoiler so I'll put it behind a tag.
    Ember Moon got knocked off the top rope to the floor, in doing so she "essentially did a suicide dive and nailed the guardrail with her shoulder".
    Apparently she was seen crying and was helped to the back by medics.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Well fuck.
    Here's hoping they can build up the rest of the division because if she's out on injury, then Asuka won't have anyone legit to have a program with.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    Well fuck.
    Here's hoping they can build up the rest of the division because if she's out on injury, then Asuka won't have anyone legit to have a program with.
    Asuka wiped the women division in the battle Royal and it ended in a no contest. If Moon is really injured then NXT women division is fucked.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,522
    Well fuck.
    Response to this in tag since it contains major tapings spoilers.
    Luckily, NXT have a pretty easy way of getting around this. Asuka was scheduled to defend in a Fatal 4 Way between her Ember Moon, Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot at Takeover.

This is because Asuka beat them all down when they were the final 3 participants in a battle Royale to determine the number 1 contender.

So they could either take Ember out of the match or they could replace her.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    The nxt women need more debuts. Mary Kate, Kimberly, Ruby Riot. They are all pretty damn good. We still have hojo and apparently io to come up.

Wwe need to just sign up deonna purazo, rachel ellering, and santana garrett already.

Also apparently we got
    candice larae in that battle royal.

Honestly it will take time. If Asuka is to be defeated by anybody, i would give it to mandy rose for the heat.

Aaliyah, liv and Kayla braxton are too cute

Of course enzo is smashing liv
    edited April 20
    tumblr_ooooyqjKNc1sj4xr4o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ooosm5dMg61vxmjuao1_500.png

This was long overdue..............I read the crowd erupted when she walked down the aisle.

As far as Ember's injury..............it sucks.
    Before joining WWE, she had a serious shoulder injury that would've hurt her chances with WWE had she not took care of it ASAP.
    I hope it's not the same one.

As for this injury hurting the Women's division..............not really.
    There are already women coming up that can potentially be the one to dethrone Asuka.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Paolochun wrote: »

hello tastecancer we meet again
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited April 20
    Might as well just run with it, call her up to SmackDown as a Lesnar-esque monster heel who's on the show because she's looking for a challenge since NXT "disappointed" her. At the same time, have the NXT women's midcard fight for the number one contendership and who "can beat Asuka" and, if they really need titles, give us a women's tag title (Peyton and Billie are already perfect for this).

That said, if they really need someone to go against Asuka, the closest I can think of is Nikki Cross, at least as a filler program until Ember comes back or the new signings get over. The problem with this is that she's a heel and running with Sanity, which would ruin Asuka's heel turn.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

Braun got merch...........
    Might as well just run with it, call her up to SmackDown as a Lesnar-esque monster heel who's on the show because she's looking for a challenge since NXT "disappointed" her. At the same time, have the NXT women's midcard fight for the number one contendership and who "can beat Asuka" and, if they really need titles, give us a women's tag title (Peyton and Billie are already perfect for this).

That said, if they really need someone to go against Asuka, the closest I can think of is Nikki Cross, at least as a filler program until Ember comes back. The problem with this is that she's a heel and running with Sanity, which would ruin Asuka's heel turn.
    Really...........I can name a few more that can be "the one" to dethrone Asuka:

Ruby Riot
    Peyton and/or Billie
    Andrea
    Kimber Lee
    Daria (Sonya)

-Traitor Aizen Souske

That said, if they really need someone to go against Asuka, the closest I can think of is Nikki Cross, at least as a filler program until Ember comes back. The problem with this is that she's a heel and running with Sanity, which would ruin Asuka's heel turn.

Ruby Riot
    Peyton and/or Billie
    Andrea
    Kimber Lee
    Daria (Sonya)
    Peyton and Billie don't belong anywhere near that list. Not with their current gimmick and not as heels, unless you want to waste Asuka's heel turn.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited April 20

Ruby Riot
    Peyton and/or Billie
    Andrea
    Kimber Lee
    Daria (Sonya)

I can't see Peyton and Billie being able to even if they gang up on her. Those two can't beat Liv Morgan clean.

Ruby Riot
    Peyton and/or Billie
    Andrea
    Kimber Lee
    Daria (Sonya)
    Peyton and Billie don't belong anywhere near that list. Not with their current gimmick and not as heels, unless you want to waste Asuka's heel turn.
    The issue is though...........is Asuka really a heel to the crowd?
    She rarely gets booed (I partly blame the Full Sail Crowd).
    If anything.........Peyton and Billie can gain MASSIVE heat for dethroning Asuka by actually cheating the next time.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    More importantly, anyone else aside from Ember would need months of build up, which would further delay Asuka getting callef up.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

Ruby Riot
    Peyton and/or Billie
    Andrea
    Kimber Lee
    Daria (Sonya)
    The issue is though...........is Asuka really a heel to the crowd?
    She rarely gets booed (I partly blame the Full Sail Crowd).
    If anything.........Peyton and Billie can gain MASSIVE heat for dethroning Asuka by actually cheating the next time.
    Even if Full Sail didn't fuck up the heel turn it would still be difficult to boo her. This is the most badass she's been in her NXT run. How can I boo her?
    More importantly, anyone else aside from Ember would need months of build up, which would further delay Asuka getting callef up.
    To be fair..........Asuka apparently does not want to called up so soon. I doubt she will since the Superstar Shakeup and WM week already happened.
    Also..........HHH and the creative team are debating whether or not they want Asuka to arrive the main roster undefeated.

As far as Peyton and Billie go............I get what you guys are saying. Weird booking on them.
    I do keep mentioning Peyton/Billie because it was heavily rumored that creative wants to put the belt on Peyton this year.

Still........that leaves Kimber Lee, Ruby Riot, Nikki Cross, Sonya (Daria), and maybe Andrea.
    Hell even whoever wins the upcoming Women's tournament can get a shot.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    The problem is that NXT women's hasn't built up any main event faces aside from Ember. Dodging the Eclipse with the referee assist was a great move that helped build her as a heel/tweener and could have been the setup for an even bigger swerve down the line.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    I feel Asuka will be called up by the Summer. No way she's staying in NXT after Takeover Brooklyn 3.
    Yeah.......that makes sense as Takeover Brooklyn has been called NXT's "Wrestlemania".
    I honestly see her dropping the title around that time.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I wonder if they can give her 20 more matches before then.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Sure...............they still do live events.
    Not sure why though..........she technically already beat Goldberg's undefeated streak.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I forgot wwe also signed crazy mary dobson

I really want the womens tournament to be more of a dusty classic showcasing their recent signees and unknown nxt girls. Their recent signees also happen to be the best women out there.

I really want to see War Machine in wwe. They are killing it in new japan. Fuck if wyatt needs new wyatts war machine already have the beards
    Sure...............they still do live events.
    Not sure why though..........she technically already beat Goldberg's undefeated streak.

Depends on whether we want to talk about the real streak vs the kayfabe streak.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited April 20
    Mary Dobson is basically doing Sara Lee's gimmick prior to getting preggers at the moment..........funny because both have similar first names.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Except she is actually a good wrestler

Ey/tye is a good match with a blade job. Old school nwa style cage match.

Sara Lee got voted in by aj fans because she looked cute

Mandy Rose actually made it to tv and house shows.

That other guy who won te hasn't even done shit
    Yeah.............Mandy Rose should've won.
    I already said that if the voting was simply up to the WWE staff..............Sara and ZZ would've been outsed the 2nd episode.
    At least ZZ lost weight and is working the indie scene.
    Please........no more Tough Enough.

Waiting for these to be a thing on NXT TV..............

As for Josh:
    It was reported that Josh got a massive concussion during one match.............and he's pretty much on the shelf.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Mandy was doing the eva marie thing on the few nxt shows she was on except she cAN WORK
    On a different note, that dude from heavy machinery sounding like a cross between the Macho Man and Booker T in that segment with Drew.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tumblr_ooooyqjKNc1sj4xr4o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ooosm5dMg61vxmjuao1_500.png

This was long overdue..............I read the crowd erupted when she walked down the aisle.

As far as Ember's injury..............it sucks.
    Before joining WWE, she had a serious shoulder injury that would've hurt her chances with WWE had she not took care of it ASAP.
    I hope it's not the same one.

As for this injury hurting the Women's division..............not really.
    There are already women coming up that can potentially be the one to dethrone Asuka.

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am a happy man.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,151
    I have no idea who that is lol. Should I?

As for the whole Billie and and Peyton thing - just no. They're horrible.
    Mrs. Gargano
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,151
    I don't think I'll ever be comfortable watching inter-gender matches like those. It's one thing to have spots here and there. I think my limit is Attitude Era Dudleys.

That being said, it looks like she can go in the ring.
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,523
    Vader passed out at a show in Japan

Shit is sad, because he still wants to wrestle but he cannot physically.

DwqUgm8.jpg
    This is what it feels like.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I honestly believe Vader wants to die in the ring
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,179
    I thought Vader was ok in his financial situation? He needs to stop.