The Wrestling Thread: Say his name. - Clash of Champions 12/17 - Royal Rumble 1/27

Comments

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Applies to the industry these past few days..........
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,186
    At this point i'd throw bálor onto 205live
    Fuck sake Sasha..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Incoming Norbit story line for Enzo? lmao!!!!!!
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This match is super stupid lol what a finish lol
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,136 mod
    edited December 5
    Well shit. I remember back in April after the roster changes, I was talking to a friend about how, the possible reason they brought Bray over to RAW was for an eventual feud with Matt that would leak to him being broken, and then here we are now. It's one of those things that makes too much sense. Of course, now we gotta worry about Vince ruining it.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    edited December 5
    Can't wait for these two nuts to cut promo of the year material on each other every week.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,883
    I cam’t believe I’m finally excited in a Bray Wyatt program again. Feels good man.
    Went back and watched RAW after seeing this, very good episode.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,255
    edited December 5

• Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,608
    I must say Jordan was great as a whiny entitled heel.
    Can't wait his heel story to go into full overdrive.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestling-hires-senior-executive-team/
    TORONTO – Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions LLC, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. and parent company of IMPACT Wrestling, announced today that Don Callis and Scott D’Amore have joined the company as Executive Vice Presidents. Reporting to Ed Nordholm, President of the Company, they will form a 3-member Executive Committee with overall responsibility for developing the creative direction for the Company and managing the execution of the Company’s business plan.

Don Callis has built a critically acclaimed 15-year career in the wrestling business as a performer, color commentator and writer for WWF, ECW and TNA. After retiring from wrestling in 2004, he obtained an MBA and established another successful career in international business. Callis recently returned to the world he loves and is now the color commentator for New Japan Pro-Wrestling (a role that he will retain) and co-hosts the hit podcast “Killing the Town” on The Jericho Network.

Scott D’Amore has held just about every position in the wrestling industry, including performer, trainer, promoter, writer and producer. D’Amore is an IMPACT Wrestling original, having been with the company from its early days in the Asylum until his departure in 2010. In his time away from the organization, D’Amore applied his entrepreneurial spirit to transform The D’Amore Group from a family-run construction company into a multi-faceted real estate development company. He has kept his hand in the industry, running Border City Wrestling in Windsor in collaboration with the Entertainment Technology program at St. Clair College. He also owns and operates Can-Am Wrestling, a successful professional wrestling training facility that has produced numerous top talents in the wrestling industry today.

“I am excited that Don and Scott have made this commitment to the Company,” said Ed Nordholm, president of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. “The 50 years of experience and success in the wrestling industry brought by Don and Scott, combined with the global media, marketing, sales and financial expertise of Anthem, provide the management depth and expertise that will propel IMPACT Wrestling to greater success as we continue to expand our footprint, embrace digital opportunities and grow the brand.”

Let's see where this goes for Impact................

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt? Yes please
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I must say Jordan was great as a whiny entitled heel.
    Can't wait his heel story to go into full overdrive.

Yea, I hope they continue with this direction. His in-ring ability and competitiveness should stay the same, but having him whine and complain to Kurt when things don't go his way could make him a solid heel.
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    Wait, Cyrus is doing commentary on NJPW? Shit, I had no idea.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282
    edited December 5
    LivewireX wrote: »

He's actually been absolutely amazing on commentary. He's arguably the best color man in the world right now, even over Graves. He's hilarious, he's biased but he ALWAYS ends up putting over the talent. No Kenny Omega match is the same without him on the mic.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,041
    Saitsu wrote: »
    LivewireX wrote: »

He's actually been absolutely amazing on commentary. He's arguably the best color man in the world right now, even over Graves. He's hilarious, he's biased but he ALWAYS ends up putting over the talent. No Kenny Omega match is the same without him on the mic.

he loves it when people put him over more than he puts over himself too lol

He's good, I don't usually watch the matches in English. Not because Japanese is superior by any stretch. It's just what I am used to since it was always in Japanese before.
    <Metric> songo is #1 3s player
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nigel is my favorite color guy but I have always popped for Nigel, he could both talk and wrestle while having a unique look. Sucks his shoulder was jacked up.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    As crazy as this sounds.

I love the approach WWE is going with Reigns, Joe and Jordan.

Reigns is still getting mixed reactions but he's definitely improving
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited December 5
    I have a feeling reigns will drop the title to joe so reigns can win the royal rumble and face Lesnar at mania.

So all the good will he has built with the fans will all be gone when he wins the rumble.

And it’s going to happen in philly of all places. So you know the heat will be nuclear
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,608
    edited December 6
    I can handle people disrupting Elias but the Maestro himself amidst Rusev Day Chirstmas Celebration?

tumblr_mcj1p0PVGp1qlrs5eo2_500.gif
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    As crazy as this sounds.

I love the approach WWE is going with Reigns, Joe and Jordan.

Reigns is still getting mixed reactions but he's definitely improving
    Reigns’ reactions have definitely been improving steadily....
    I have a feeling reigns will drop the title to joe so reigns can win the royal rumble and face Lesnar at mania.

So all the good will he has built with the fans will all be gone when he wins the rumble.

And it’s going to happen in philly of all places. So you know the heat will be nuclear
    But you just know that this is going to happen and crap all over that good will.
    I want WWE to prove me wrong and keep Roman in the IC scene, giving someone else the Brock rub to elevate them. But I know that isn’t going to happen and that they’re just going to fuck everything/everyone (especially Roman) over again.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,914
    So here's a question. When was the last Royal Rumble that had a winner the fans genuinely liked? Has there been one since Edge back in what, 2010?
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I liked when Voldemort won.
    Green Karin.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also reminds me Randy Orton winning last year was a complete waste, only for him to feud with Bray Wyatt, make Wyatt useless, and eventually drop to Jinder.
    Green Karin.
    edited December 6
    Current card for Clash of Champions
    WWE title match
    AJ Styles (c) vs. Jinder Mahal

Lumberjack Match for the Smackdown Live Women’s title
    Charolette (c) vs. Natalya

Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship Match
    The Uso’s (c) vs. Aidan english and Rusev vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs. the New Day

Triple threat US Title Match
    Baron Corbin (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler

Tag match
    Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton w/ Shane McMahon as guest referee.
    Added stipulation is if Zayn and Owens lose they are fired from WWE.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

What a nice house show card.
    Wait that’s the PPV?.. Oh no...
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    What a nice house show card.
    Wait that’s the PPV?.. Oh no...
    The card isn’t that bad. The tag matches should be good at least. And AJ always delivers.

I got the day off to watch it so it better be good. Lol
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

edited December 6
    Mike Elgin getting exposed for allegedly covering up a rape by one of his students..........a shame.

Now he went and made derogatory remarks about Jeff Cobb? Isn't that his tag team partner at New Japan?

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 6
    Mike Elgin getting exposed for allegedly covering up a rape by one of his students..........a shame.

Now he went and made derogatory remarks about Jeff Cobb? Isn't that his tag team partner at New Japan?

Elgin has always been a piece of shit.
    Post edited by Kinniku Buster on
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282

It's not that he covered up a rape, it's that he came out in support of her but DM'd someone else saying that he thought she was a liar and a whore. So he's a two faced bitch.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    odin wrote: »
    Whoa, what else did he do?

He sold his promotion in under an hour to try to wash his hands of the mess and he quit twitter. Since he tried to cover it up and slut shame the victim he's been losing all his US bookings.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file