The Wrestling Thread: - Cesaro hates beach balls - Join us on discord! - No Mercy 9/24

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,229
    edited August 9
    Aleistar Black vs. Hideo Itami at brooklyn III.

Stiff as fuck. I can't wait.

Pause

Aleister wins, Hideo debuts beating the shit out of Shinsuke.

I really hope the eventual Black/Roode match is just 6 seconds. Bell rings. Black mass. Over

How did miz re-establish the ic belt, give the social outcast a new coat of paint, and then not end up in any sort of feud for summerslam

A triple threat with seth and dean would have made more sense or even a feud with Bálor.

It makes no sense to just put jason jordan in that spot
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,100 mod
    More on Enzo.
    http://amp.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0807/629885/more-details-on-enzo-amore-backstage-heat/

Apparently he brought some "questionable" friends backstage and they started taking video where they weren't supposed to.

That, and there's talks about him going into the music business.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 9
    So someone who was at RAW last night clarified that the crowd booing during Bayley's segment initially was about her being injured,but Bayley apparently took it the wrong way and thought they were booing her...................so the crowd started booing her.

I like where this is going..........

it was a slow start...but i can see this being great if given enough creative room. i smell a potential new day thing possibly, plus ole cruiserweight john cena apollo cruise and his 5 moves of doom need it. without this i dont see him lasting too much longer.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,160
    Make Titus Worldwide the PREMIER stable.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Am I the only person wishing for a match between Kyle O'Reilly........and Oney Lorcan?
    Fuck it lets go all the way, ReDragon vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch for maximum stiffness.

....... could it be???!?!!
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    street profits confirmed the new cryme tyme and i love that. entrance was too trill.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited August 10
    Smackdown was litty two titty because of the hyped ass crowd

Oney and Burch could be a really awesome ugly brawler team. Just them mugging fools in nxt would be dope.

Again the nxt tag division builds
    oney and burch seem perfect type of duo to fight redragon

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited August 10
    I really enjoy heavy machinery they just need to wrecklessy toss and squash everybody

So like we got cryme tyme vs duce and domino?

Street Profits is off and popping. They will be over main roster as long as they stay the hell away from r-truth
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746

That's because Brock is going back to UFC to destroy Jon Jones
  • VaderTimeVaderTime Joined: Posts: 61
    Has there ever been a Summerslam card which has ever looked so weak on paper than this years card?
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    1995???????
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 8,958
    Yeah there have been a lot of worse summerslams.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Star vs. The Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - GLOW

• eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm only interested in the fatal four way match at summerslam.
    Green Karin.
    I honestly think there are quite a few decent matches on the card. Just nothing THAT exciting. But the match quality should definitely be there

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I mean Corbin isn't wrong. Meltzer is the biggest Mark out there who just makes educated guesses on what's going on and points out the obvious.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing - Splatoon 2 (Switch), Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

Corbin hates the Indys, going after Meltzer is going after the biggest support beam of the Indys. It's perfect!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690
    edited August 11
    Corbin shit talking Meltzer about being old when he's a guy who seemingly never outgrew his edgy phase.
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Corbin sucks let's be real. Lol
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 964
    He can be carried to good matches. Him and Rhyno in that tag tourney. Triple threat w Styles and Ziggles before the botch...he ain't Kalisto
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
    2-D wrote: »
    He can be carried to good matches. Him and Rhyno in that tag tourney. Triple threat w Styles and Ziggles before the botch...he ain't Kalisto

Speaking of which, he and Kalisto had a "much better than it had any right to be" Chairs match.

You can work with Corbin.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,882
    It's not like Baron is Ryback out here hurting people and believing his own hype. He can at least be carried to good matches and cut serviceable promos.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited August 11

I didn't know the beat for the Street Profits theme was used for the Team B.A.D.............

Fuck.........the potential in the NXT Tag Team edition!!

Street Profits
    Sanity
    TM61
    Heavy Machinery
    Authors of Pain

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,750
    Corbin is average as fuck. Meltzer is one of the MOST RESPECTED journalists in combat sports.

He could stop covering wrestling tomorrow and still be excellent at his job covering MMA and Boxing.

Corbin is a poor, poor mans Braun who the best thing you can say about him is that he can be carried to great matches sometimes.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    Reason4U wrote: »
    Corbin is average as fuck. Meltzer is one of the MOST RESPECTED journalists in combat sports.

He could stop covering wrestling tomorrow and still be excellent at his job covering MMA and Boxing.

Corbin is a poor, poor mans Braun who the best thing you can say about him is that he can be carried to great matches sometimes.

Why the fuck are people getting mad for Corbin for playing to his gimmick?
    Saitsu wrote: »

Cause kayfabe
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,750

What gimmick? He hasnt done the I hate indys thing in forever. Corbin hates EVERYONE.

His character has devolved into miserable prick who likes fighting sometimes. Lol.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,185
    It's funny that Corbin hates indys when he has always looked like "generic-middle-of-no-where-rural-town-edgy-gimmick-having-local-indy-wrestler-guy"
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,078

I was mad at Corbin because he's overrated as hell and sucks so bad he made Nakamura look terrible.
    Apathy-Inc wrote: »

I was mad at Corbin because he's overrated as hell and sucks so bad he made Nakamura look terrible.

Yeah, because Ziggler made Nak look like a million bucks. I'm not his biggest fan either but I'm not gonna pretend their shit match at Battleground didn't take two to tango. Their SDL match showed they can do much better.
  • Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,078

Yeah, because Ziggler made Nak look like a million bucks. I'm not his biggest fan either but I'm not gonna pretend their shit match at Battleground didn't take two to tango. Their SDL match showed they can do much better.

That speaks to the booking of Nakamura in general, which is a whole other discussion and problem not directly tied to Corbin.
    In any case. Meltzer isn't wrong here. Both Corbin and Apollo Crews were, I think, called up way too early and simply based on their look and nothing else.

And I'm sorry but we can put a stop to "well he can be carried at least" as a positive?
    "At least he can be carried" is not something I think should be at the top of the PRO list of a (near) future world champion.

That speaks to the booking of Nakamura in general, which is a whole other discussion and problem not directly tied to Corbin.
    In any case. Meltzer isn't wrong here. Both Corbin and Apollo Crews were, I think, called up way too early and simply based on their look and nothing else.

And I'm sorry but we can put a stop to "well he can be carried at least" as a positive?
    "At least he can be carried" is not something I think should be at the top of the PRO list of a (near) future world champion.

Nakamura has a problem outside of booking (which I do agree is relatively shoddy) and that he just coasts 95% of the year. This was also an issue in NJPW. He just simply wouldn't care unless he deemed an opponent worthy.
    "He can be carried" is a pro in a company that let Orton lazily half-ass his way to, what is it now, 9(?) Title reigns, and constantly ignores or undercuts the guys that could and should be fantastic champions with shit gimmicks, booking, and blink-and-you'll-miss-it runs.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Orton does the opposite of undercut guys though, he wanted to put Bray over and part of the reason he was so pissed is because Bray was supposed to go over him at SummerSlam with a face turn, Orton also wanted Christian to have a longer title reign.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746
    Jon Jones calling out Lesnar again...
    Braun and Roman have excellent chemistry with the potential for many 4 star matches in a certain setting

Braun should win the wwe title and be the franchise guy

There was once huge oddly faced intense guy who became the wwe franchise even though he had silken hair and the skin of a hot dog

I didn't know the beat for the Street Profits theme was used for the Team B.A.D.............

Street Profits
    Sanity
    TM61
    Heavy Machinery
    Authors of Pain

oh shit...black otaku made it to nxt? dude was one of the first people to buy our shirts. lol. we were like wtf a nfl player??

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    maxx wrote: »

Street Profits
    Sanity
    TM61
    Heavy Machinery
    Authors of Pain

oh shit...black otaku made it to nxt? dude was one of the first people to buy our shirts. lol. we were like wtf a nfl player??

IIRC, he's been at the performance center since August last year.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO

Street Profits
    Sanity
    TM61
    Heavy Machinery
    Authors of Pain

He'll forever be a hero for beating the shit out of 4chan at Pokemon.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,690
    po pimpus wrote: »
    "He can be carried" is a pro in a company that let Orton lazily half-ass his way to, what is it now, 9(?) Title reigns, and constantly ignores or undercuts the guys that could and should be fantastic champions with shit gimmicks, booking, and blink-and-you'll-miss-it runs.

13 title reigns. Orton has no problems putting guys over. He was the one who dropped the belt to Jinder and loss to him in three straight PPVs. Orton was the first guy Reigns beat to solidify him as a main-eventer. He even put over Jack Swagger during his forgettable run as world champion.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    d3v wrote: »

Street Profits
    Sanity
    TM61
    Heavy Machinery
    Authors of Pain

IIRC, he's been at the performance center since August last year.

good to know...just contacted him a few min ago about hookin him up with some more stuff.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    I know Randy will put another guy over in a heartbeat... It's his zero fucks given methods when he's main evening and the terrible booking that ruins the guys he tries to put over that's the problem.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,555
    I really hope Great Black Otaku turns out well, that guy is an awesome dude and on paper he sounds like he could be an awesome wrestler.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    edited August 11
    Randy tries to play it too safe, thanks in part to wanting to protect his hypermobile shoulder (following the advice of his mentor Jake the Snake). The result is that he's using a 1980's playbook without the refinements needed to make it work in this day and age.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I know Randy will put another guy over in a heartbeat... It's his zero fucks given methods when he's main evening and the terrible booking that ruins the guys he tries to put over that's the problem.

The booking pisses him off and he isn't where he wants to be

The match with jinder on sd was actually great because of that crowd
  • DebaserDebaser no box required Joined: Posts: 802
    Damn we hatin on Corbin? That's my favorite pastime! I still don't know what his gimmick is supposed to be, like angry Korn groupie? Really wish he'd wear some better pants instead of those ones he stole out of Leatherface's dumpster. Can't wait for his hairline to look like this in a few years.
    Auburn.jpg
    Edward James Olmos? You got class man! Kemo Sabe!
    -Gandido
    AV by Worthless, Infinidragon, Epp1e, SuicidalGrandpa, DominoLogic
    Happy 20th anniversary Degeneration X.................

-Traitor Aizen Souske