The Wrestling Thread: Join us on Discord!- NXT Takeover Philly 1/27 - Royal Rumble 1/28

1202204206207208

Comments

  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,391
    old school:




  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    Chachi wrote: »
    Random wrestling thoughts in my head at the moment (simple mark warning):

    - What WWE would be like with NJPW booking/creative freedom
    - Whether or not NJPW messes around with shit like charities or anti-bullying campaigns
    - Who would get exposed on the mic in a WWE vs. NJPW event (guys from other feds can get thrown in this fictional construct)
    - How much sway Vince still has in the WWE product after selling his stock (I'm probably underestimating how much money he still has in the company)

    In new japan they don't have creative freedom things are planned in advance with plan a-g. Gedo/jado are as meticulous as vince/pat patterson used to be in the eighties.

    As far as promos they have to hit notes. You might mean as far as look, character, promos? New japan cares how you come across. This is why sami callihan blackballed himself from ever coming back.

    NJPW has done fundraisers for the tsunami, and awareness for exercise and staying active.

    I am guessing you think promos don't matter in njpw. The final calls and press calls are just promos. All their guys can cut major promos. Except ishii. Shibata can get down right mean. But goto, naito, tanahashi. Okada. The reason they get those reactions is the promos.

    As far as Gaijin, you take away cursing and Tama is just not as fun. I think zsj is underrated. Kenny is good. But i think the best gaijin promo is juice robinson. Dusty really shined him up.

    But wwe guys no filters and with filters smoke them. The Usos are just too good on wwe tv, on yt, on total divas

    They just got this extra bit that makes you like them.

    The front runners to buying wwe outright are fox should espn buy the ufc tv rights.

    They are cash rich. Vince saw how much ufc sold for. With wwe films actually now being a money maker. Vince could concievably sell wwe for 3 bil
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    Meltzer gave Jericho vs omega 5*

    What a crock of shit.

    its a legit 4 star match. buttt you hated the whole show sooo im like dismissing everything you say.

    I didn’t hate the show. It didn’t live up to the hype though and a lot of the matches were just bad. Bucks vs. Rpg3K was just bad. The never weight 6 man gauntlet was bad, Kota vs. Cody was OK but boring. LIJ vs. Killer Elite Squad made no sense and was basically a squash until LIJ hit their 5 moves of doom.

    The four way was great, goto vs Suzuki was good, Naito vs Okada was good despite the wrong person winning, omega vs Jericho was OK at best. The ref didn’t know what nodq meant throughout the match which was super annoying. It was not a 5 Star Match. It wasn’t even a 4 Star Match.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

    Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Meltzer truly gives no fucks. The joke about everything being better in Japan or in the Toyko Dome with him is true.
    I already knew this when he gave Neville Zayn a 4.75 and then Nakamura Zayn a 4.75

    Unbelievable that he gave Jericho Omega 5 stars and yes I agree with SH that it was barely a 4star match.

    And I like NJPW and attended the Long Beach show.
    Green Karin.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    The best match was the one with the most heart

    I loved Goto/Suzuki

    I kind of want Goto to win the title from Naito.
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    Dude has a twenty year career and went from hated by the iwc to loved. It was thanks to that heel run. The batista feud started it. But that ecw run rebuilt him. Then he had that feud with orton and a run as world champ.

    He really was this generation's vader honestly. Those matches with punk, bryan, cena, batista, rey, are underrated

    I really wish he had that passing the torch match with Big E.
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wish he got a non-kayfabe send off.
    Instead of just never appearing and never to be shown again.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did anyone happen to watch ROH Final Battle? I’m mid-watching it right now. I’m on Team Best Friends vs. Motor City Machine Guns.

    So far I really like it. ROH has really stepped up their game when it comes to production. Hearing Cabana on commentary is weird to get use to. So is the new guy, Ian something. I’m use to hearing Dave Prazac from all my roh dvds from like 04-07. Lol.

    I won’t be able to watch the rest of it until tomorrow night (work late tonight and work early in the morning tomorrow) but so far I really like what I’ve seen. I don’t know if it’ll get me to follow their weekly tv (I simply don’t have the time) but I’d be more than willing to watch all their PPVs.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

    Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,617
    odin wrote: »
    Wish he got a non-kayfabe send off.
    Instead of just never appearing and never to be shown again.

    Would you trust Mark Henry with retiring on air again? Half the arena would be keeping their distance.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 21,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

    "Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn.. Ended up like Edge... Without the long storied career.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That sucks, now its time for all these marks to start begging for a porn career to blossom.

  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wouldn't mind seeing her in some interracial scenes
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,553

    But is she done as a backstage performer?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

    "I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 58
    she can be a fluffer.

    but seriously she couldnt even control her body after that kick. why would horseface even do that move?
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,617
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    I mean sasha is really sloppy and a good spot is not doing kicks to the back on someone with neck issues

    Wow her movie ends in wrestling early

    She can make a killing as a thot like summer rae is
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 21,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tumblr_oztl44aZwM1s066k8o1_400.gif

    Pentagon Jr. is great........
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

    "Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    Shane strickland would be a pretty good replacement for Rich Swann

    Fuck man why swann have to be a dirtbag
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,617
    dab00g wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    I mean sasha is really sloppy and a good spot is not doing kicks to the back on someone with neck issues

    Wow her movie ends in wrestling early

    She can make a killing as a thot like summer rae is

    Half the division is sloppy. Who would you put Paige against that wouldn't put her at risk?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,123
    Saitsu wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    I mean sasha is really sloppy and a good spot is not doing kicks to the back on someone with neck issues

    Wow her movie ends in wrestling early

    She can make a killing as a thot like summer rae is

    Half the division is sloppy. Who would you put Paige against that wouldn't put her at risk?

    If you're to the point where you're one sloppyish move away from a wheel chair your career is over. It's not a matter of "who" or "what" but "when".

    Really sucks for her and right before the Women's Rumble too..
    Maybe they can keep her as the talker of Absolution?
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,617
    Apathy-Inc wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    I mean sasha is really sloppy and a good spot is not doing kicks to the back on someone with neck issues

    Wow her movie ends in wrestling early

    She can make a killing as a thot like summer rae is

    Half the division is sloppy. Who would you put Paige against that wouldn't put her at risk?

    If you're to the point where you're one sloppyish move away from a wheel chair your career is over. It's not a matter of "who" or "what" but "when".

    Really sucks for her and right before the Women's Rumble too..
    Maybe they can keep her as the talker of Absolution?

    That was my point.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,161
    The move that ended Paige's career.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Apathy-IncApathy-Inc Die white girls Joined: Posts: 3,123
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Apathy-Inc wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    I mean sasha is really sloppy and a good spot is not doing kicks to the back on someone with neck issues

    Wow her movie ends in wrestling early

    She can make a killing as a thot like summer rae is

    Half the division is sloppy. Who would you put Paige against that wouldn't put her at risk?

    If you're to the point where you're one sloppyish move away from a wheel chair your career is over. It's not a matter of "who" or "what" but "when".

    Really sucks for her and right before the Women's Rumble too..
    Maybe they can keep her as the talker of Absolution?

    That was my point.

    Yes, I was agreeing with you. I've given up on direct conversation with the other guy.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef R.I.P Dec 2017 - Jan 2018 Joined: Posts: 8,984
    edited January 13
    When talking about this we need to remember when Goldberg ended Bret Hart’s career with a botched thrust kick. Bret Hart, one of the most bitter men in wrestling (completely justifiably though) and obsessed with safety, did not feel any ill will towards Goldberg about it and compliments him on being a very nice person.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,676
    edited January 13
    In b4 Spuddy's alt blames female Samoa Joe...
    she can be a fluffer.

    but seriously she couldnt even control her body after that kick. why would horseface even do that move?


    Ahh.. too late..

    Apathy-Inc wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Apathy-Inc wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    I mean sasha is really sloppy and a good spot is not doing kicks to the back on someone with neck issues

    Wow her movie ends in wrestling early

    She can make a killing as a thot like summer rae is

    Half the division is sloppy. Who would you put Paige against that wouldn't put her at risk?

    If you're to the point where you're one sloppyish move away from a wheel chair your career is over. It's not a matter of "who" or "what" but "when".

    Really sucks for her and right before the Women's Rumble too..
    Maybe they can keep her as the talker of Absolution?

    That was my point.

    Yes, I was agreeing with you. I've given up on direct conversation with the other guy.

    Wise
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Is it really wise to blame Sasha? It took Paige over a year to come back from that neck injury, she seemed shaky still in the ring and she lost a bit of body mass as well which probably didn't help. She was nowhere near the ring shape she was in a couple of years back.

    This was inevitable as sad as it is.

    Yeah.

    I think they did kinda rush her in once she was cleared. The loss of body mass would have been a factor too. Dirtsheets are saying she is well liked backstage so hopefully she stays on as a mouthpiece.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,957
    When talking about this we need to remember when Goldberg ended Bret Hart’s career with a botched thrust kick. Bret Hart, one of the most bitter men in wrestling (completely justifiably though) and obsessed with safety, did not feel any ill will towards Goldberg about it and compliments him on being a very nice person.

    I could be wrong, but wasn't part of what actually caused Bret's retirement the fact that since he initially thought the injury wasn't as bad as it was, he kept wrestling matches after that for a while instead of taking time off to let it heal, which led to things becoming a LOT worse?
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    Bret kept doing nitro and house shows

    Fuck after that starrcade match bret had a hardcore match with terry funk and took direct shots to the head with a trash can

    The thing about that kick spot is paige is returning from neck surgery. And really it could have been taking one bump. But it was an errant kick from sasha who is tiny and works that soft style but like the rest of the division is prone to sloppiness

    It literally could have been anybody

    I just think that doing that spot was dumb on both of their parts

    Also the girls don't have the kind of necks that the guys do.

    Tyson Kidd suffered the same type of injury that killed misawa in the ring, except he survived and is walking
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,161
    When talking about this we need to remember when Goldberg ended Bret Hart’s career with a botched thrust kick. Bret Hart, one of the most bitter men in wrestling (completely justifiably though) and obsessed with safety, did not feel any ill will towards Goldberg about it and compliments him on being a very nice person.

    Bret was in no position to blame Goldberg. He had a concussion when he wrestled that match. I'll place his career ending injury more on Bret than I do Goldberg.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm not sure if you guys have ever been pushed in the back, but whiplash fucking sucks. I've been on the receiving end of that as a simple joke, and I blew the fuck up.

    a full kick to the back like that is reckless.
    Green Karin.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 684
    It was a reckless move, and it was not a light tap. Usually a spot like that is a kick to the front, not the back. Based on the perspective, it looked like Sasha kicked her right in the spine as well.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,489
    That also is not a typical sasha move

    When dudes like Minoru Suzuki or ishii work that spot it's not a direct spine kick. It goes across the back.

    That was a reckless spot that she never does. She usually does a dropkick or the double knees to the front.
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,676
    edited January 13
    Technically Bayley did the same move to her previously albeit a bit lighter.
    The point people are making isn't about the move but more or less about borrowed time and shit like that being inevitable sooner or later based on Paige current body wear and tear down.
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Going to try and finish ROH final battle tonight since I get off early enough to watch some wrasstlin’.

    Either that or catch up on nxt. I’m a few weeks behind
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

    Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 14
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Say....my....name! Joined: Posts: 21,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

    "Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,161
    edited January 14
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file