The Wrestling Thread: With a side of Jojo - Great Balls of Fire - 7/9

Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Stu-BootyJoined: Posts: 8,620
edited June 19 in General Discussion
With Wrestlemania over and the dust settled on RAW and Smackdown its time for a new thread. As long as we are all willing and able this will happen every year.

Chat with us on Discord! We meet up for the following:
Monday Night Raw
Smackdown Live (Tuesdays)
NXT Takeovers (Select Saturdays)
WWE Live Events/PPVs (Select Sundays)

Takeovers and Live Events/PPV dates will usually be in the thread title.

Merch
DVDs/Blu-Rays
Podcasts
Popular Indy Promotions
Streaming Services
"News"
Enjoy!
Post edited by Kinniku Buster on
Peace to the Mountain
Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Comments

• Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Stu-Booty Joined: Posts: 8,620
    reserved.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,978
    WE'RE HERE...

..To job at PPVs...

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just wanna be on page 1 of a new thread.

Push Zayn!
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,332
    1st page! We in there!

On a serious note Goldberg has a podcast?? Since when?
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 19,812
    Looking back at the wm entrances

Naomi had the dopest one, followed by bailey, then charlotte
    dab00g wrote: »

No it was obviously POWAH GEYSER Reigns and Sons of Anarchy HHH...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,292
    edited May 6
    Miz talks about always wanting to do puro in his shoots so I'm glad he's been given the opportunity to welcome Nakamura onto the main roster with his opening feud.

Barring some kind of Mistico-level fuck-up I think Nakamura will be fine. Vince likely paid a good chunk of change to lure him from a surefire gig in NJPW so he's going to want to get his money's worth.
    Post edited by Psychoblue on
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,997

Zack Ryder is now dating Chelsea Green?

I didn't realize he and Emma stopped dating.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,608 mod
    Pertho wrote: »
    As the commisioner of GD, I would like to formaly announce that Kinniku Buster is now in a tag team with hornswoggle and they have Eva Marie as their manager so she can cut all their promos.

#BestBeleiveInFutureEndevoursBecauseYoureInOne

Since I future endeavoured the other thread, what does that make me?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    As the commisioner of GD, I would like to formaly announce that Kinniku Buster is now in a tag team with hornswoggle and they have Eva Marie as their manager so she can cut all their promos.

#BestBeleiveInFutureEndevoursBecauseYoureInOne

Since I future endeavoured the other thread, what does that make me?

Vince, obviously.
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,074
    So Taeler Hendrix is done with ROH and speculation is that she'll be in the WWE women's tournament. The more I get to see of her, the better.
    edited April 5
    po pimpus wrote: »
    dab00g wrote: »

No it was obviously POWAH GEYSER Reigns and Sons of Anarchy HHH...

Oh yes the Hungry WolfxBig Dog comparison

The burning Knuckle looks so dope

Miz was going to be a young boy in NOAH before wwe did tough enough auditions

If miz didn't get chosen he would have been in matches with kenta, marufuji, etc

Miz works stiff and ugly like shane.

That black eye aj had due to the shane punches
  • NekoSempaiNekoSempai Pimp Named Slickback Joined: Posts: 68
    New thread. Now to come out of lurking and participate again. Sup all.
    Nomnomnom
    Also love the rings of saturn being used by neville. I have always loved that move.
    My main issue with smackdown last night was why is Luke teaming with Orton? He's the one that caused the betrayal. Wouldn't he just end up going right back to Bray with an "I told you so?"

dumb.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AYO?! wrote: »
    I love that he does Rings of Saturn purely to deny the crowds the Red Arrow. He only busts that move out when he absolutely needs to.

Neville gets being a Heel. Great run by him.

flips=face lmfao
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Welp, GG no RE Vaudevillians.
  • TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Subscribed!

Um, Renee Young is beautiful. :)
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
    My main issue with smackdown last night was why is Luke teaming with Orton? He's the one that caused the betrayal. Wouldn't he just end up going right back to Bray with an "I told you so?"

dumb.

Same reason Bálor forgave rollins

It looks to just be simon gotch and not aiden english. I think gotch got released because of how much the locker room disliked him.

Aiden English can return to his thespian singing gimmick. Hey maybe they bring back sandow to team with him now that sandow left tna.

That leaving tna stat boost is major..

I mean look at:
    Roode
    Rhyno
    TJP
    EY
    AJ
    Gallows
    Mickie James
    The Hardyz
    Angle

Hell look at mcIntyre on board to be nxt champion.

If Jade, Sandow, Cody, and EC3 come to wwe. Who knows what could be in store.

I still want that Cody retires Dustin storyline that both of them wanted to do.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,608 mod
    It's not major... it's glorious.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i was really worried mustafa was gonna get lost in the shuffle of cruisers. but i really gotta say hes stepped it up. his match with midget orc lesnar was really good.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,384
    Super Draft here we come!!!
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,420
    Gotcha got future endeavored; that's what happens when you get fucked up by Hunico.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • BR3N7BR3N7 mmmmm creamy!!! Joined: Posts: 1,873
    I really hope they get this shake-up correct.

I feel Smackdown loses no matter what but I like the idea of a yearly swaping.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    First page boyz
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

Gotch will end up in TNA.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

dumb.

Probably for the same reason Finn teamed with Seth. That reason being that wrestling is stupid.
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,668
    First page? Pyro entrance?
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • _Hamsworth__Hamsworth_ Stand-User Joined: Posts: 99
    edited April 6
    Does anyone here watch any non-NJPW Japanese stuff? If you were bothered by the relative lack of good matches at WM33 and are already up to date on NJPW or it's just not your bag you can see tons of different Japanese stuff really easily nowadays.

DDT just had one of their big 3 events of the year and they have a subscription service that's really easy to use and pretty cheap (900 yen a month). Judgement was really dope and the top 4 matches are all great and meaningful long term. The sheer variety of different kinds of matches cannot be understated either! Harashima might be the most smartly booked ace of the current generation and puts on great match after great match.

Dragon Gate have Dead or Alive coming up and that always has the craziest cagematch of the year. Don't be fooled by the crazy fast work-rate and lack of selling, Dragon Gate has plenty to offer in awesome character work, rock solid booking and very exciting matches!
    Sadly the only official way to watch their stuff is with a Nico Nico account which I cannot recommend, but their shows do get uploaded to the Real Hero Archive (Google it).

I also watch BJW, AJPW, Noah, Michinoku Pro and Sendai Girls. All are available of the aforementioned archive. Can supply more info on those looking to get into this stuff.

For the record I enjoyed WM33 but I do think it's a bad sign when the most technical match was the first match of the pre-show and the next one was the opener involving Shane McMahon. I know it's not meant to be about that but when the payoff for Orton vs Wyatt was what happened, it's hard not to be mad. Thankfully there was Takeover the night before and that was solid. Nakamura seems so toned down though, which annoys me. If anyone has seen his feud with Hirooki Goto over the IC you'll know he can put on a variety of good matches with strong storytelling.

Sakura Genesis on Sunday! I know everyone here is hype about Shibata vs Okada but Hiromu Takahashi vs Kushida has the potential to be match of the night, and it's the second last match on the card so they will get time. The first time round was crazy so who knows what will happen this time!
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    I've checked out NOAH, Dragongate, and AAA in the past. Usually when they have good periods but lately it has just been NJPW, WWE stuff, and Lucha Underground mixed with old Memphis and Midwest shows I can find.

Sakura Genesis should be cool, will check it out.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,292

Nakamura seems so toned down though, which annoys me. If anyone has seen his feud with Hirooki Goto over the IC you'll know he can put on a variety of good matches with strong storytelling.
    They had Nakamura go full steam and he caved Austin Aries' face in.

• _Hamsworth__Hamsworth_ Stand-User Joined: Posts: 99
    edited April 6

Haha, does it count when it's unintentional? I was more meaning that a lot of his NXT matches have seemed quite similar in structure. I've still enjoyed them but he should have been having classic matches with Samoa Joe and it never quite reached that level.
    I've checked out NOAH, Dragongate, and AAA in the past. Usually when they have good periods but lately it has just been NJPW, WWE stuff, and Lucha Underground mixed with old Memphis and Midwest shows I can find.

Noah is on the up lately after their rebranding as Noah the Reborn, Nakajima is an awesome champion who carries himself really well. If you can, check out the championship match between him and Takashi Sugiura from January, it's one of the stiffest matches I've ever seen.

Dragongate is great right now too. I've been watching solidly since Kobe World last year. All the Twin Gate title bouts have been amazing since with Jimmy Kagetora and Jimmy Susumu being my favourite tag team from last year. Jimmy Susumu has a title match lined up against Yamato that I can't wait for!

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Naomi's plates in the belt actually GLOOWWW.............

giphy.gif
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Chop Suey! Joined: Posts: 591
    I gotta say, Maryse looked super hot dressed as Nikki Bella.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
    Spoilers from the NXT tapings today:
    Itami seems to be the first post-Shinsuke feud for Bobby Roode and probably will main event the next Takeover. Love it!
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    maxx wrote: »
    I love that he does Rings of Saturn purely to deny the crowds the Red Arrow. He only busts that move out when he absolutely needs to.

Neville gets being a Heel. Great run by him.

flips=face lmfao

Exactly my point Maxxy baby.

How can you tell Randy Orton or HHH are a Face/Heel? The Commentary will tell you.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.

Haha, does it count when it's unintentional? I was more meaning that a lot of his NXT matches have seemed quite similar in structure. I've still enjoyed them but he should have been having classic matches with Samoa Joe and it never quite reached that level.

Noah is on the up lately after their rebranding as Noah the Reborn, Nakajima is an awesome champion who carries himself really well. If you can, check out the championship match between him and Takashi Sugiura from January, it's one of the stiffest matches I've ever seen.

Dragongate is great right now too. I've been watching solidly since Kobe World last year. All the Twin Gate title bouts have been amazing since with Jimmy Kagetora and Jimmy Susumu being my favourite tag team from last year. Jimmy Susumu has a title match lined up against Yamato that I can't wait for!

Dragon Gate been fire since the build up to tozawa's farewell

The saddest part of noah getting swooped was the death of noah vs njpw, specifically Nakajima/Shibata

Nakajima is an awesome ace, but i think he would be better served in new japan. Especially with how basically kensuke adopted him. NJPW loves legacy wrestlers.

I want Nakajima to sign with new japan and have a run there.

It is similar to how i feel about Lashley in tna.

Hey we could get Lashley/Nakajima

Or even Nakajima/Johnny Mundo
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Still in first page? Subscribed!
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....