Show season 2 new character silhouettes in character select?

ThatBoomguy95ThatBoomguy95 Joined: Posts: 1
I feel for the people who bought both seasons should get to see silhouettes of the new characters because a good majority of people who bought the game should get most of everything or at least give us an arcade mode like the good ol' days

Comments

  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,360 admin
    moved to the sf5 forum

    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    edited April 13
    I feel for the people who bought both seasons should get to see silhouettes of the new characters because a good majority of people who bought the game should get most of everything or at least give us an arcade mode like the good ol' days

    Even better, people who buy the character pass up front, should get beta test time with each new character as they finalize them.

    That would sell character passes, would help balance the game and be a nice thank you to those who do buy the pass early.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,295
    And how do you prevent those people to share the information to anyone else?
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    And how do you prevent those people to share the information to anyone else?

    They wouldn't be able to prevent the sharing of information, yet only those who purchased the season pass would actually be able to have fun beta testing the characters.

    Seems fine to me.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,295
    edited April 17
    I was replying to OP saying that people who bought season pass should be able to see the silhouettes. It wouldn't take long for someone to share what they see with anyone else.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited April 18
    I was replying to OP saying that people who bought season pass should be able to see the silhouettes. It wouldn't take long for someone to share what they see with anyone else.
    I only got into SFV a month ago, but doesn't Capcom release the silhouettes anyway?

  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,425
    I just wanna know who's next. This season pass thing feels just dumb to me, I'm new to the whole modern street fighter thing, was it like this in SFIV? how have you people not rioted if so?
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,295
    In S1 the characters were leaked beforehand so we didn't have to wait to know who's gonna be there. Before that, people might've waited for 1 or 2 years to have new characters.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,425
    So with next apparently being Ed I really wanna know who's next after next since, holy balloni I couldn't care less about Ed.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,592
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,611
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

    All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • EvorglebEvorgleb Joined: Posts: 155
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,575
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    Ya could be partners in crime :tup:

    Same here :lol: :tup: Because I know all of them will be awesome to play (and that I could "main" had it not been for that I'm so traditional as to just stick with Ryu) :peace:
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,425
    Well so far I've had 0 interest in the chars that have been released. And since you don't need to buy season pass during the season I'll gladly wait, then they release Blair Dame and I buy it in an instant (I'm delusional)
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,592
    edited April 28
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    It's masses blindly accepting whatever Capcom does that ruined franchises like RE, DMC and now SF. Keep buying whatever they bring out until you're broke, dawg.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,917
    edited April 28
    nm
    Post edited by purbeast on
  • EvorglebEvorgleb Joined: Posts: 155
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    It's masses blindly accepting whatever Capcom does that ruined franchises like RE, DMC and now SF. Keep buying whatever they bring out until you're broke, dawg.

    Let get something straight. You do not own Street Fighter, Capcom does. Capcom is free to do whatever they like with their brand and you as a consumer can either choose to buy their products or not buy them. If they make products that are entertaining then yes I will continue to spend my money on it. I will not be pressured or shamed by an entitled vocal minority who think their opinion is the one that matters. If that makes me part of the "masses", cool.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    It's masses blindly accepting whatever Capcom does that ruined franchises like RE, DMC and now SF. Keep buying whatever they bring out until you're broke, dawg.

    Let get something straight. You do not own Street Fighter, Capcom does. Capcom is free to do whatever they like with their brand and you as a consumer can either choose to buy their products or not buy them. If they make products that are entertaining then yes I will continue to spend my money on it. I will not be pressured or shamed by an entitled vocal minority who think their opinion is the one that matters. If that makes me part of the "masses", cool.

    Yeah, that's a very professional attitude to have towards your fans right there!

    What do they pay you to do damage control PR?

    Discounted Capcom t-shirts and stolen EBT cards?

    Fuck off.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,592
    edited April 28
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    It's masses blindly accepting whatever Capcom does that ruined franchises like RE, DMC and now SF. Keep buying whatever they bring out until you're broke, dawg.

    Let get something straight. You do not own Street Fighter, Capcom does. Capcom is free to do whatever they like with their brand and you as a consumer can either choose to buy their products or not buy them. If they make products that are entertaining then yes I will continue to spend my money on it. I will not be pressured or shamed by an entitled vocal minority who think their opinion is the one that matters. If that makes me part of the "masses", cool.

    Your original post said that the identity of the characters doesn't matter, that the characters included in the Season Pass may turn out to be anyone and that wouldn't matter to you. That's not spending money on an entertaining product, that's blind consumerism. Of course you are free to do whatever you please with your money, but if you support shitty company policies with your money, then I get to comment on your consumer habits, because they affect the products I love in more ways than you can iamgine.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • EvorglebEvorgleb Joined: Posts: 155
    edited May 1
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    It's masses blindly accepting whatever Capcom does that ruined franchises like RE, DMC and now SF. Keep buying whatever they bring out until you're broke, dawg.

    Let get something straight. You do not own Street Fighter, Capcom does. Capcom is free to do whatever they like with their brand and you as a consumer can either choose to buy their products or not buy them. If they make products that are entertaining then yes I will continue to spend my money on it. I will not be pressured or shamed by an entitled vocal minority who think their opinion is the one that matters. If that makes me part of the "masses", cool.

    Your original post said that the identity of the characters doesn't matter, that the characters included in the Season Pass may turn out to be anyone and that wouldn't matter to you. That's not spending money on an entertaining product, that's blind consumerism. Of course you are free to do whatever you please with your money, but if you support shitty company policies with your money, then I get to comment on your consumer habits, because they affect the products I love in more ways than you can iamgine.

    Would I rather know who the characters will be? Sure. Ultimately does it matter? No. Because I, like many others, want all the characters regardless of who those characters turn out being. And me supporting a game I enjoy does not affect you regardless of what you think. There seems to be this ass backwards idea floating around that if people bitch and complain and dont buy DLC then Capcom will do everything they want in regards to SFV. Thats not how businesses operate though. A more likely scenario is that Capcom abandons the game all together. Buying the DLC actually makes it more likely that Capcom will address some of the long standing complaints than not buying DLC. If revenue continues to come in, they can justify continued development. If no revenue is coming then there is no point on spending the resources to work on the game. Sales for SFV have likely leveled off at this point which means DLC is the money maker. But just like me, you are free to spend, or not spend your money on whatever you like. Ill keep enjoying SFV, you can continue to teach Capcom a lesson. Let me know how that works out for you.
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Evorgleb wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    I feel sad for the Season Pass buyers, because they don't know what they're getting.

    Tbh i paid for 6 char + 6 costumes + the possibility to use 600k FM on other stuff

    Wich i think is what i will get

    Yeh, Im not tripping about the identity of the characters because I will want them regardless. I want all of the characters. They could have revealed that s2 will be Dan, Mike, Rufus, El Fuerte, Sean and Bad Box Art Mega Man and I would have been like, "....hmm...cool. Here's my money, Capcom"

    It's masses blindly accepting whatever Capcom does that ruined franchises like RE, DMC and now SF. Keep buying whatever they bring out until you're broke, dawg.

    Let get something straight. You do not own Street Fighter, Capcom does. Capcom is free to do whatever they like with their brand and you as a consumer can either choose to buy their products or not buy them. If they make products that are entertaining then yes I will continue to spend my money on it. I will not be pressured or shamed by an entitled vocal minority who think their opinion is the one that matters. If that makes me part of the "masses", cool.

    Yeah, that's a very professional attitude to have towards your fans right there!

    What do they pay you to do damage control PR?

    Discounted Capcom t-shirts and stolen EBT cards?

    Fuck off.

    Sorry. I forgot snowflakes tend to get their feelings hurt pretty quickly when faced with the reality that the constant complaining about SFV has long ago grown annoying and it makes you come off as an entitled child. Is Capcom perfect? No, far from it. Is any gaming company perfect? No. Everyone know this. STFU already.
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,575
    edited May 1
    Hold up.. I know there's a rise of racism against white people in America, so I wish that kind of political contamination can stay out of this gaming forum.

    Besides that, I agree with ya. I've purchased every DLC because 1) I want them and 2) I want to support SFV - however the "Muslim music? Sorry about that, folks! We didn't realize! Yuuuck!!"-ordeal had me very deeply offended, so I'm waiting to see how they reapproach that music, after swiftly pulling it down after just two tenths of a second.
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    NG1313 wrote: »
    Hold up.. I know there's a rise of racism against white people in America, so I wish that kind of political contamination can stay out of this gaming forum.

    Besides that, I agree with ya. I've purchased every DLC because 1) I want them and 2) I want to support SFV - however the "Muslim music? Sorry about that, folks! We didn't realize! Yuuuck!!"-ordeal had me very deeply offended, so I'm waiting to see how they reapproach that music, after swiftly pulling it down after just two tenths of a second.

    Word. Exactamundo. Precisely.
Sign In or Register to comment.