The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,292
    GKN wrote: »
    We don't have time to finish the April patch and the new character on schedule.

BUT LOOK AT ALL THO$E COSTUME$ $_$

Of course the artists for the costumes are literally the same people who develop the server infrastructure.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,292
    willseless wrote: »

Of course the artists for the costumes are literally the same people who develop the server infrastructure.

They could fire one or two artists and hire one or two programmers.

The artists for most of their costumes aren't even Capcom employees.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If you stop working on the outfits that ain't gonna speed up the fixes.

That's not the problem. It's that they are giving costumes to the wrong people !!!!
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,917
    Cestus wrote: »
    this stuff is crap

Will buy the Ryu one

And people are still wondering why Capcom will put out a bajillion costumes at $4 and not put out free patches to fix a broke as fuck online game...
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,608
    mykka wrote: »
    bad48b29b9c0393fbf68788bc8583e4d.png?v=209700

I actually liked the first blue/black outfit best. The hearts on the knees are a nice reference to her Alpha 3 costume

None of these
    Only Mika alt the world ever need

tiffany-hr.jpg

It will even follow better theyr current fundraised-by-virgins model
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    purbeast wrote: »
    this stuff is crap

Will buy the Ryu one

And people are still wondering why Capcom will put out a bajillion costumes at $4 and not put out free patches to fix a broke as fuck online game...

It's like the first decent Ryu alt i get, will buy without regrets

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 443
    DiasFox wrote: »
    The most electrifying Pikachu(man) in all of entertainment!

PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,447
    Daemos wrote: »

That's not the problem. It's that they are giving costumes to the wrong people !!!!

You're not getting a cape, Daemos.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 405
    Who in there right mind will buy this shit?? lol

Male stripper Alex and pink cheerleader Mika...

You're not getting a cape, Daemos.

bed6abb40d860d053ef1ebc3cd33903a.gif
  • YorKeYYorKeY Fight for the future Joined: Posts: 7,847
    Max also never said MK X was his favorite game, it's his favorite game within recent years, Third Strike is his favorite fighting game, and maybe Marvel vs Capcom 1, which are both indeed fine choices.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,984 mod
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »
    Quark wrote: »
    make meaties much more reliable

The number of active frames tells me that Capcom intentionally made meaties unreliable to discourage them. The mistake is that they didn't count on players just going for them anyway because the potential reward is too good to pass up.

It's not so much to discourage them, they are very much the bread and butter of the SF5 pressure game, it's to make it a scramble situation where the defender also has a good chance of winning the exchange. It just goes back to the point that people like pressing buttons.

Makes the game more random imo. Combine that with more rewarding jumps, easy combos, weaker neutral, input lag and Baltard for a much smaller skill gap.

For sure, it's a pretty poor game, just gota try and find something you like about it because it's the main event.

Unfortunately I like playing Ryu lol. I still enjoy the game but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a ton of issues with the way it plays.

Once Akuma gets to 900 health you honestly should just play him. I think Ryu will be more competitive in 2.1, but Akuma gives you better set play and technically a better zoning game since fireballs don't really need to be active all the way to full screen in this game any ways. Once his DPs are anti air active on frame 1 I don't see any reason to use Ryu over him. You get a better overall shoto game with better walk speed and a more dangerous V Trigger with better ways to build for it. His stubbiness isn't that bad since his c.MK and s.MK do have more range than people credit them for and combined with his fastest walk speed for a shoto let him whiff punish things decently. He's also the only shoto with multiple plus on block buttons including I believe at least 2 that are plus 3.

Also has things like air ex fireball which stops a lot of shit in the neutral game and gives you space. Something that the other shotos don't really have. Secretly one of the best EX moves for a lot of reasons.

Watching WFX Samurai and Tokido fight against Laura players (Samurai vs 801 and Tokido vs Wolfkrone), they definitely get better momentum and control vs Laura than they would with a Ryu. You can see that they are a lot more in control of pressuring and zoning her than a Ryu would be.

Ryu has a nice white gi and stuff, but if you wanna do shoto stuff and have more options, just start learning Akuma.

I've considered playing Akuma and Guile but I'm just too lazy to learn new characters. My playtime is already very limited.

That's what I figured. Old man gotta stick with the old and busted

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

That Alex costume reminded me of this. But there isn't even a firefighter.
    Village-P..jpg

Which inadvertently reminded me of this gem classic!

• Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 982
    edited April 20
    mykka wrote: »

I actually liked the first blue/black outfit best. The hearts on the knees are a nice reference to her Alpha 3 costume

None of these
    Only Mika alt the world ever need
    tiffany-hr.jpg

It will even follow better theyr current fundraised-by-virgins model

Yeah, we need a Rival School pack.
    Ryu/Gouki as Batsu/Daigo/Raizo, Karin as Yurika, Nash as Kyosuke, Mika as Tiffany (I'fd rather have her Project Justice outfit), Ken as Roy, Birdie as Bowman, Chun as Kyoko, Juri as Akira. All of those possibilities !
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • yung_balrogyung_balrog Joined: Posts: 1,008
    edited April 20
    rR6VSmg.jpg

bring back this costume except not all fucked up imo
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,808

They could fire one or two artists and hire one or two programmers.

The artists for most of their costumes aren't even Capcom employees.

same goes for the people who handle the server.

Flacko_ali wrote: »
    Who in there right mind will buy this shit?? lol

Male stripper Alex and pink cheerleader Mika...

Filipino Champ will buy it

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    I literally screamed with laughter at that Alex outfit

I honestly don't have an issue with it. He's from NY and after 9/11, firefighters have been closely identified with the city.

Perfect for that grudge match against Rashid in the Skies of Honor stage.

Kappa
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,447
    edited April 20
    ...well, at least Capcom is giving us more info now? :pensive:

More often, anyway...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,594

The third to last and last ones are what you needed, Capcom. Why do you keep reverting back to so basic designs???!!
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,892
    But FChamp plays Dhalsim...
    What is like $2500 a month?
    Capcom are really testing my shill with these latest offerings. Hard to defend this.

In defense, the Mika outfit is TBS friendly.

F.Champ said he bought over 200 dollars in DLC and Dhalsim has shit for costumes.

There must be an explanation

• riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,703
    I literally screamed with laughter at that Alex outfit

I honestly don't have an issue with it. He's from NY and after 9/11, firefighters have been closely identified with the city.

My father is a firefighter(like, actually) and Alex's appropriation of firefighter culture sickens me!!!!!

What if there aren't any firefighter outfits that fit him? Have you seen how regular shirts look on the guy? Pretty brave to fight fires with no real protection if you ask me.
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,626

F.Champ said he bought over 200 dollars in DLC and Dhalsim has shit for costumes.

There must be an explanation

I buy a bunch of DLC and costumes for characters I will never use as well.

Its only right, buy costumes, buy buy buy!!!!!!!!
    edited April 20

TWINBLADES wrote: »
    InJUSTass shilling

The better game is coming a few weeks after everyone gets bored of Battered Appliance.

no one noticed the hidden comeback mechanic...good...gooood....

Froztey wrote: »
    @entiretyofAlexsubforum

so which one of you asked for Fireman Alex instead of Nostalgia Alex?

Oh, literally none of us.

Nobody asked for Birdie (or fat Birdie), but we got him any way

RAW_Guts wrote: »
    Alkipot wrote: »
    What would Laura's profession outfit be?

Sending Sean to the hospital

Only if he don't pay after

edited April 20
    Froztey wrote: »
    @entiretyofAlexsubforum

so which one of you asked for Fireman Alex instead of Nostalgia Alex?

Oh, literally none of us.

Nobody asked for Birdie (or fat Birdie), but we got him any way

they wanted to give evilcanadian something to play but he betrayed them, picking the slim spain guy.

• NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,575
    edited April 20
    rR6VSmg.jpg

bring back this costume except not all fucked up imo

Yeah this was also among my favorites from that zombie pack.

Chunli already has nothing but incredible costumes but I'll gladly take more, especially now that all the top-tier jokesters have stopped playing her :)
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
    Veserius wrote: »
    3s is favorite fighting game > doesn't know chun matchup > shits on people who play chun

Also I question anyone who has MVC1 as a favorite game, that game is broken as hell, and double war machine makes 3s Chun look like a low tier character.

Double War Machine is cool as shit. Well at least to watch

edited April 20
    The best part about Fire Rescue Alex is that they had to throw in a "warming up" pun in the description of it. Alex stands in the heat of fire as a warm up

• mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,171
    Idk how ppl play ranked all day shit is super stressful
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
This discussion has been closed.