The Street Fighter V General: Byron shooting eagles protecting freedom or we riot!

Comments

• SaturiusSaturius Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Saturius wrote: »
    I finally fucking got the million dollar fight trophy. I can now finally buy some shit since my OCDness didn't let me buy anything till I got it.

I'm not sure you knew but you didn't have to actually save money to get that trophy.....

You just have to accrue the funds over time lol. I got the trophy when I was sitting on 200k

I knew. But I wanted to see that fucking number too. It was beautiful.
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 339
    Takes you 2 hours to find a match in 5 though. Does menu surfing count as the game?

Dear steam, I bought this brand new game and only Ronaldinho from Brazil seems to be playing and I can't talk to him, can I have a refund.

Idk breh I was playing yesterday and the game was literally giving me matches the second I got back to the menu from the previous match.

@Gamogo Also I'm confused why you would get the season pass if your not interested in at least trying the characters. It's not like capcom has just canceled all the upcoming dlc characters, so I don't really see it as a waste unless you don't play the game anymore.
  • CHNchilla89CHNchilla89 Joined: Posts: 889
    I wonder how long Fuudo has known about Mika's secret dandy step?

Now it makes more sense why they nerfed Mika so hard. All of the secret tools are coming out. She would have been ridiculous with all of her old stuff plus this dash

If this isn't sarcasm (and I think it is), you are giving Capcom way too much credit
    He told me my story was cool.

Then he called me bro
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,414
    Can't mouse scroll on SRK anymore.
    What a pain in the ass, and I don't even know what I fucked up.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,720
    Gamogo wrote: »
    I submitted a refund request via Steam for the non-existent Season 2 DLC I paid for like a gullible retard back in December.

I will keep you guys in the loop as to how this unfolds.

If successful, I encourage others to do the same. Capcom doesn't deserve my money, nor yours.

Edit 1: Refund request received. Being reviewed for approval now.
    Edit 2: Denied. Steam feels Capcom have delivered the season 2 DLC and its contents.

Their justification is because my playtime of an included product (Street Fighter V) exceeds two hours. I explained that my argument isn't with the parent product, it is with the DLC and its multiple failures to deliver what was promised. This was rejected outright. I suspect their refund policy isn't malleable in any way.

I think this shitty release has more criticism invulnerability frames than every reversal in the game. Combined.

I am not a DLC kind of guy, but I made a point of buying the Season 2 pass as a means to support Capcom and Street Fighter V because I wanted their new approach for the game and continued updates to succeed. I won't be doing this any more, because Capcom aren't holding up their end of the deal nor showing any concerted effort to even try.

Imo you probably have a better chance boycotting season 3 at this point. You can also go around the season pass by making a smurf account to obtain their stuff for free.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

• OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 7,352
    Can't mouse scroll on SRK anymore.
    What a pain in the ass, and I don't even know what I fucked up.

Restart browser, it usually fixes it
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • YorKeYYorKeY Top tier poster Joined: Posts: 5,757

Nothing will ever be as funny as 007 Gootecks, the nigga won't 0-7 for pete's sake. lmao
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: No one and everyone
    MvC Infinite: Roll, Jill, Ruby Heart
    Steam: iYorKeY
    Currently playing: Max Payne 2
    I love Ruby heart.
    Click this link for Kreygasm

• A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,441
    Time to main Mika

Un-true believer
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,163
    I still laugh at people thinking it's Goutetsu because on the silhouette you see a stick hanging from the left shoulder, not realizing it is actually part of the background.

Yeah same. I'm actually glad it's not Goutetsu. Not really a fan of the withered DBZ over 9000 types.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    CFN: TWINBLADES
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,108 mod
    How do you redesign a character thats never existed?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 1,380
    I got a refund on Steam on a game that didn't run on my toaster and just sat there for two months. Always go by those two hours.
    What if more people requested a refund for the season pass, even with failure? Wouldn't it at least raise awareness?
    yes, yes, everyone wants the Mika cheer leading outfit, apparently that's number two on most searched for google behind Trump.
    Dota 2 player.
    I love Ruby heart.

• RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 491
    edited April 21
    So whats the over and under we dont see the new character until next Friday on ELeague?
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,380
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    So whats the over and under we dont see the new character until next Friday on ELeague?

Is ELeague not on tonight?
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 2,924
    YorKeY wrote: »
    No, it's SF, no awareness will be raised, it will still be the king of fighting games, and most played FG.

brawlhalla, cough, cough...

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 2,924
    No, it's SF, no awareness will be raised, it will still be the king of fighting games, and most played FG.

I feel bad because I shouldn't reward Crapcom for this game.

Then I win and spend my earnings on a outfit and feel good inside.

I'm terrible :(

giphy.gif

edited April 21

I'm sorry, but this must be posted. Dragon Ball Super with Bruce Falconer DBZ funimation music. Kreygasm

1:07 <3

Trunks thought SSJ3 was the highest a saiyan can go, fool, the future has made him forget his past, saiyans have no limit. (hey that was pretty good)

SSJ BLUE! O_O

Dota 2 player.
    I love Ruby heart.

• CHNchilla89CHNchilla89 Joined: Posts: 889

ELeague is on tonight, yeah.

He told me my story was cool.

Then he called me bro
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 491

I have no clue.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,017
    Wait, people talking mika still being good? Remember saying that day 1 of season 2, maybe day 2. Don't even have to play the game to know the character is still stupid, I was in training mode one day and all her corner shit is still there.

You and Ves still play training mode in a game you guys think is trash.

Capcom could shit on our heads in our sleep and we'll still boot the game up lul

On a side note this song is fucking flames.

I gotta smoke to this

this song is hella dope
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    The EL thing is supposed to be next Friday. We better get that character reveal today. I swear to gawd!!!!!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 51,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 21
    willseless wrote: »
    I got a refund on Steam on a game that didn't run on my toaster and just sat there for two months. Always go by those two hours.
    What if more people requested a refund for the season pass, even with failure? Wouldn't it at least raise awareness?

If people haven't attempted to ask for refunds after this long for something that has little value, they're probably just holding out on a character they like. Plus for some people the 30 dollars is easier than spending time. I've heard too many stories about PC returns to buy stuff I kinda sorta want

The hiding the characters thing isn't that big of a deal in itself. Killer Instinct Season 2 hid all their new characters behind a silhouette for their season. People complained, but the characters ended up being pretty cool and came in a timely manner. Bigger issue with the SFV character pass other than lack of value is the extended delays on top of the bimonthly release. Not even KI players would handle waiting this long for army dude.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• crash_and_burncrash_and_burn While you're at it, add some more bells!!! Joined: Posts: 2,380
    The remastered SFII Thailand temple stage has inspired me to read quite a bit about Thai history, both Buddhist and military history.

King Rama I and The Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the Yaksha that serve as the temple's guardians are all very interesting.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 4,818
    nfds_allwd wrote: »
    even older than syndel

Oh dang we got 2 women who look older than 25 in all of fighting games now. Truly the market is booming!!
    nfds_allwd wrote: »
    even older than syndel

Come come come cooooome hora hora hora hora

Lmao wtf is this!
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 978
    I get the frustration from some people regarding the season pass and how long it's taking to get the next char. Capcom is so cagey with what info they let out.

I'm more easy going with it because I like the game so much, so $30 to support it and get more characters and costumes is nothing to me.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,028
    JoeyTones wrote: »
    I like the game so much

try playing other games kthx
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Veserius wrote: »
    I like the game so much

Play anime

No one really wants to do that though....

Wtf Bonchan is playing Ryu again.......
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,051
    Jesus, yesterday I spent the whole evening playing Persona 5 and I didn't do any fights. Just other stuff (so much to do) and usually I get bored when there is no combat gameplay but this game is really entertaining and addicting even out of combat.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 978
    Veserius wrote: »
    I like the game so much

try playing other games kthx
    I give most of them a shot but only have so much time. I'm busy enough trying to git gud at SF as is lol
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,775
    Pertho wrote: »

Pretty sure he meant redesign from the NPC model, like they did with Kolin.

Also, pretty sure you're intentionally being obtuse.

If he is to make the cut (which seems likely) I expect his model to be the one we are familiar with. In-game it seems to reflect a level of detail on par with the regular characters:
    Air_Force_Base_Artistic.PNG
    Which also seems to be the same model used for the horror show otherwise called 'story mode.'

Guacamole is awesome.
  • EdmundEdmund Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 527
    The remastered SFII Thailand temple stage has inspired me to read quite a bit about Thai history, both Buddhist and military history.

King Rama I and The Temple of the Emerald Buddha and the Yaksha that serve as the temple's guardians are all very interesting.

I was studying about King Rama during history lessons in school and when we were on the topic of Rama V (chulakongkorn), the teacher said that he had over 100 wives and concubines and I couldn't help but exclaim "Omg he's fucking so many women!!!"

My parents got called over to school the next day.
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 553
    Damn, just watched some tennis and Goffin just beat Djokovic. Felt when i watch some SF V replay and a super silver owns a diamond player.
    Gamogo wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »

Pretty sure he meant redesign from the NPC model, like they did with Kolin.

Also, pretty sure you're intentionally being obtuse.

If he is to make the cut (which seems likely) I expect his model to be the one we are familiar with. In-game it seems to reflect a level of detail on par with the regular characters:
    Air_Force_Base_Artistic.PNG
    Which also seems to be the same model used for the horror show otherwise called 'story mode.'

I actually noticed this too. The Byron Guile swap mod is too HQ for an in game model that was only gonna be used for story mode. If you noticed allot of the Kanzuki ninjas in story mode look like Capcom didn't give a fuck lol

Still Kolin got a redesign despite having a decent story mode model. So I expect the same for Byron even if his HD remix is only minor.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 183
    The EL thing is supposed to be next Friday. We better get that character reveal today. I swear to gawd!!!!!
    And some brand new information for MVCI!
    giphy.gif

PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • QuarkQuark Joined: Posts: 3,687
    edited April 21
    19_ridiculous06.jpg

Why are people buggin' over Taylor being the new character? I was skeptical about the all new thing but Kolin's redesign came out great. Now she's one of my favorite SF characters.

I saw the EH's poll and people are screaming for Q and Sagat lol

And people keep thinking he'll be the low res camo model or some shit. Like they HD remixed Kolin so why wouldn't the same happen to Byron?

I'm actually excited for the guy. I wanna play all the S2 characters.

Now that the voice actor "leak" has been debunked is there actually a reason for us to expect it's Byron, though?

The 2nd silhouette doesn't match him at all as far as I can tell. Byron has a distinctly ugly pointed cap whereas the silhouette looks to be wearing a flat one. The silhouette also has a weird hourglass shape that suggests a more exaggerated upper body physique than Byron, and a lower half that almost looks to be a skirt of some sort. Plus a popped collar that wouldn't at all be fitting for a military uniform.

Another weird thing is that the silhouette's arms are outstretched and appear to be MASSIVE if you look at the bottom contour of the left arm and the top contour of the right arm.

I'm thinking this is a brand new one (although if it's Byron I won't be shedding any tears)
    Post edited by Quark on
    "Please understand, I never had a secret chart
    To get me to the heart of this or any other matter"