The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,834 mod
    LoyalSol wrote: »

No a year ago defensive options weren't too strong. All the top players were saying the game was very rushdown heavy.

It was random people on SRK who were saying that.

Damned random SRK people.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,402
    Froztey wrote: »
    @entiretyofAlexsubforum

so which one of you asked for Fireman Alex instead of Nostalgia Alex?

Oh, literally none of us.

Nobody asked for Birdie (or fat Birdie), but we got him any way

I actually totally was asking for Birdie

then I got fat Birdie

and it was even better
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,355
    @entiretyofAlexsubforum

I actually totally was asking for Birdie

then I got fat Birdie

and it was even better

...tssss..vega main....... :coffee:
    appomo wrote: »
    @entiretyofAlexsubforum

they wanted to give evilcanadian something to play but he betrayed them, picking the slim spain guy.

I want to love Birdie so much, and he was my guy through the betas and early launch but he just don't click and it makes me sad :(
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,629
    Finally...where to get those Damn gootecks shades...and a contest to get a pair!. https://wn.nr/UNvmLR
    Only downside is you can win cross counter subscriptions...
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

Might have to get a pair

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 292
    - More New Costumes Coming in the April Update! -

o boi o boi here we go finally time for me to eat my words and get that sweet sweet nostalgia ibuki

- Here have bullshit Alex, bullshit Chun, and bullshit Mika! -
    RGKSu6N.jpg
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
    Idk how ppl play ranked all day shit is super stressful

I am never stressed, but I often do view opponents in Ranked as sub human and always assume the worst of them.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,749
    mykka wrote: »
    who is Chun sucking off at the office to get all these costumes?

Certainly not the person in charge of the buffs department... Balrog's taking care of that guy.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,114

If ranked is stressful then you're going to pee your got damn pants in a tournament.

I usually play ranked cuz you get the widest assortment of players the most quickly. I can run through matchups a lot quicker and people play seriously which forces you to be on your game.

Casual is too much sandbagging with secondary characters where I run through diamond players with my Ultra Gold Juri where another Ultra Gold player in ranked would actually challenge me in ranked. I only do battle lounge with friends because I don't like large lobbies or dealing with multiple randoms that may have laggy connections.

I meaann i do ok at locals <_< i got 7th playing not karin lol (rog) but idk im playin karin wrong im sure of it -_-
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May

If ranked is stressful then you're going to pee your got damn pants in a tournament.

I usually play ranked cuz you get the widest assortment of players the most quickly. I can run through matchups a lot quicker and people play seriously which forces you to be on your game.

Casual is too much sandbagging with secondary characters where I run through diamond players with my Ultra Gold Juri where another Ultra Gold player in ranked would actually challenge me in ranked. I only do battle lounge with friends because I don't like large lobbies or dealing with multiple randoms that may have laggy connections.

I meaann i do ok at locals <_< i got 7th playing not karin lol (rog) but idk im playin karin wrong im sure of it -_-

Well then keep playing Rog in ranked and the stress should ease off

• Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 546

How is rank stressful, just do your thing and the points will come... and go naturally.
  • amrraedamrraed Bombeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 4,525
    Anyone want me to get em a card ?
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,511
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    Fun Fact: In the firefighter costume, Alex's Flash Chop animation is replaced with him swinging the axe on his back. If he finishes off the opponent with a chop, the axe gets embedded into the opponent's clavicle; blood that looks super realistic will spurt out all over Alex as he realizes his insatiable thirst for murder.

Still low tier
    Today is a special day

I think you all know what I mean wink wink

bless you on this day

LPJxufy.jpg
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,821
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    Fun Fact: In the firefighter costume, Alex's Flash Chop animation is replaced with him swinging the axe on his back. If he finishes off the opponent with a chop, the axe gets embedded into the opponent's clavicle; blood that looks super realistic will spurt out all over Alex as he realizes his insatiable thirst for murder.

Yeah Alex is the best Mortal Kombat Char........
    Wait a minute get that shit out of here!
    Alex isn't allowed to use an Axe, thats reserved for Noembelu!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Too bad Spinning Beat isn't here to shows a picture of some grams on his arcade stick

• NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,713
    It'd actually be really cool if some costumes replaced how an animations look (but kept the same frame data and whatnot)
    What is like $2500 a month?
    It'd actually be really cool if some costumes replaced how an animations look (but kept the same frame data and whatnot)

That would be very trippy and confusing for the other guy. Not a big fan of this to be honest.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,905

No a year ago defensive options weren't too strong. All the top players were saying the game was very rushdown heavy.

I was wondering why people were complaining so hard about meterless DPs back then

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10948087/#Comment_10948087

My position has been completely consistent on this. I've said multiple times in S1 that offense was good in this game and yet Capcom made it stronger in S2 and is now making it even stronger in S2.5 with the removal of Jump/OS

Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
    Too bad Spinning Beat isn't here to shows a picture of some grams on his arcade stick

Today is special cause its thursday the 20th

or hitlers birthday

drugs are very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • zektbackzektback Joined: Posts: 353
    The worst parts of Mika's s.HK/charged HK are V Reversable any ways and like Froztey said, there are also options that low profile it. It's not really high reward anymore with all of the current defensive options against it.

If getting V-Reversaled for a meterless move that combos on hit, CCs on counter hit, and puts you into a mix up situation on block is the worst of your problems, that's not a horrible problem to have. As for the low profile, those are exceptions not the rule.

And I'll say it again, it's not that any one move is a problem. It's the fact that there are a shit ton of these moves in the game along with stupid CC normals, high damage V-Triggers, and close to no defensive options that's the problem.

The game is a mess on a mechanical level. And top players have been saying it all over the place.

I think the defensive options are fine for this game.

If you main a character that has a defensive option then of course the defense in this game is fine.

or hitlers birthday

I wonder will ranked be easier today?

Hmmm, I've played SF drunk but never...in an "elevated" mindset. lol
  • septicseptic It was love at first sight Joined: Posts: 402

or hitlers birthday

reminded me of this classic..

I finally got my wish with SF5..... Sort of.

Finally a R.Mika skin with a different hair style. I love the ponytail
    6f946d83f74c86bf8052b75cac2f57df.jpg?v=202200

Now I just need my skin tight leather suit Chun.

PS... One swim suit Juri for me and @LordWilliam1234 and i would still want an Ice Queen one for Kolin.

I was wondering why people were complaining so hard about meterless DPs back then

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10948087/#Comment_10948087

My position has been completely consistent on this. I've said multiple times in S1 that offense was good in this game and yet Capcom made it stronger in S2 and is now making it even stronger in S2.5 with the removal of Jump/OS

Capcom must really want sf5 to be really explosive
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,563
    edited April 20
    amrraed wrote: »
    I finally got my wish with SF5..... Sort of.

Finally a R.Mika skin with a different hair style. I love the ponytail
    6f946d83f74c86bf8052b75cac2f57df.jpg?v=202200

PS... One swim suit Juri for me and @LordWilliam1234 and i would still want an Ice Queen one for Kolin.

All of this in addition to your avatar, nephew?
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    These costumes suck.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,713

You're part of the problem.
    What is like $2500 a month?
    Neclord wrote: »
    These costumes suck.

No... Don't say that. Don't break my heart soul mate.

Chun as a hot business woman. That is extremely awesome.

Also finally a truly different R.Mika outfit, something without her ass and boobs hanging around, that is great. We need more diversity like this.

If i can't win then i at least have to look good while losing.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,764

You don't want skin tight leather suit FANG, do you?
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
    edited April 20
    zektback wrote: »

If you main a character that has a defensive option then of course the defense in this game is fine.

Laura and Rog are 2 of the best characters with no attack invincible reversal. Urien only has 4 frame lights and a reversal so slow that meaty lights recover before it hits. Things are fine for them defensively. Laura and Rog were characters that in Season 1 people downplayed becuase they had to hold shit once people got near them other than 3 frame mashing.

There are just other defensively weak characters with lacking tools. I always said the chatacters with little reversal options should have strong tools to compensate and they at least got that right for some characters.

Except Vega. He will still be really bad with no attack or throw invincibility on anything.

If chatacters with limited reversal options are high tier, then defense is workable.

• riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,629
    So, like, we can get some costumes for F.A.N.G?

Jesus, Capcom. Throw us some love.

Honestly,
    FANG sort of got the perfect outfit as far a defaults go lol...
    If he gets any they will probably always be Kung-Fu based.
    And because of how fucked up his actual mode is they have to hide the top of his head and his hands lol...
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,294
    I hope we get police officer, Native American Chief and construction worker skins to go with Alex. Just call it the Village People pack.

In the Navy will save the FGC.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    Mannn fighting geif without jump back os is gonna be a difficult that 1 knock down could lead to death
    zektback wrote: »

Laura and Rog are 2 of the best characters with no attack invincible reversal. Urien only has 4 frame lights and a reversal so slow that meaty lights recover before it hits. Things are fine for them defensively. Laura and Rog were characters that in Season 1 people downplayed becuase they had to hold shit once people got near them other than 3 frame mashing.

There are just other defensively weak characters with lacking tools. I always said the chatacters with little reversal options should have strong tools to compensate and they at least got that right for some characters.

Except Vega. He will still be really bad with no attack or throw invincibility on anything.

EX back claw is throw invincible, its his only invincible move!!!!!!!!!

So say near end round you got dude read like a fucking book right, blocking and waiting for that throw you know is coming and

BOOM YOU GOT HIM

too bad claw broke off from all the blocking(this has happened to me more than once)
    You know what i hope for season 3

that claw breaks off even sooner

cause fuck it why not, it shouldn't even break off to begin with doubly so now hes a stance character and he loses part of his moveset

but fuck it break it off in 2-3 blocks top

then break his arms and legs on next block
This discussion has been closed.