The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,161 mod
    edited May 12
    Yeah other than losing my turn there was nothing too unsafe about charged s.HP from what I was messing with. Which that means you can threaten people with the classic at minus 2 any ways.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,514
    Yo why is Urien so damn fun to play as? That standing and ducking mk? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawdlike!

Oh, if anybody ask I'm feeling under the weather.

*cough cough*
  • ZenisideZeniside Joined: Posts: 2,987
    edited May 12
    Maybe playing all those Guatemala and PR people screwed me up with it. I seem to be running into loads of them tonight.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,448
    Who the fuck is sending Flash all over the world?
    He's like a worse version of Jiewa.
    At least Jiewa seems passionate and puts up a fight.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,407
    Zeniside wrote: »
    So the beta is 8 gig aswell? Is this a fucking joke?

It's the full game, what did you expect?
    charged FP is unfortunately ass on block.

-2 actually. Just saw it with Frame Trapped.

I guess the data I saw was wrong about it.

I think it just counted the total animation including the side switch. I was always able to tech grabs when it was blocked.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken [MvCI] Thanos/Cap Marvel (Time)
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,517 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »

Well the Dictator outfit Ed wears is pretty fitting of white power.

Think Bison is the only character I have a losing record against. Fuck that character. For some reason he doesn't make sense to me.

Is that why you're ignoring my pleas of giving the character's forum a befitting subtitle? :open_mouth:
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,636

Why should it be the full game, the full game is on my system. Costume update - 8 gig, colour 8- gig, new menu system? 8 gig...

Fuck it, not going to bother tonight, I'll let it run when I'm in bed.
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,050
    Can someone please tell me if my rank progress carries over from the Beta? I notice I have a similar points in Beta (about 600 less) and was wondering how the system worked
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • bisonatorbisonator Joined: Posts: 616
    Can someone please tell me if my rank progress carries over from the Beta? I notice I have a similar points in Beta (about 600 less) and was wondering how the system worked

It doesn't carry over
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,074
    thx for reminding me why i dont play this game anymore :peace:
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,050
    They copy your points over from the "real" CFN at the start of the beta, then you do beta things that only affect beta things, and when it's over nothing carries over.

Gotcha thanks.

Has there been any talk of additional balance changes being added or is it just the shit we know about ?
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • ValoonValoon Joined: Posts: 1,977

Why should it be the full game, the full game is on my system. Costume update - 8 gig, colour 8- gig, new menu system? 8 gig...

Because of the engine they use (UE4) and probably some fuck up on planing they basically have to. You'll see that it doesn't take 8Go more on your computer everytime. UE4 works with package and for some reason SFV (and some other games too they are not alone) is not split into many small packages (maybe they can't?) so they have to re-send the whole package each time.
    They could litteraly change one line of code, you'd dl 8 Go.
    [SFV] Ken
    [USFIV] Ken
    [GG-XRD] Sol
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,543
    edited May 12
    Dime_x wrote: »

What in the absolute fuck. The spacing is totally different. Holy shit. I knew the rollback was one sided but now the spacing is different to... sigh.

That's the perspective playing tricks.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri, Zeku???
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

edited May 12
    A couple things:
    - f+MP won't work if you're already walking forward, but if you do any other direction right before f+MP it will work, for instance b,f+MP or qcf+MP. This also helps for confirms (I could do st. MP, cr. HP, qcf+MP x3 and get the projectile hit before confirming into super).
    - KK has projectile invincibility from frame 2, so if you're feeling cocky can actually use it midrange to punish projectiles on reaction
    - best meterless CC combo from st. HK seems to be cr. MK xx PP. If you're too far you can dash in and tap st. LP to get the conversion into palms
    They copy your points over from the "real" CFN at the start of the beta, then you do beta things that only affect beta things, and when it's over nothing carries over.

Gotcha thanks.

Has there been any talk of additional balance changes being added or is it just the shit we know about ?

Sadly just the things that we know about.
    Was hoping myself they'd do additional changes to bring the top tier in line with the mid and buff Alex and Ryu to something remotely playable.

You complain about this everytime it happens like it's not going to happen again. Like the guy said, new fingernail paint for Juri, hold the 8 gigs.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I'm watching a gold Ryu struggling with some newbie who picked Ed.
    That character is so bad on every level, it's comical.
    Funniest shit is when he gets a throw and gets pushed out unnaturally far by the hand of God.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,445
    Ed can get some REALLY nice pressure going with his slow v trigger on block. Dash up cr.lp or cr.mp, v trigger hits once, dash up and do it again and again... can push the opponent like half screen doing it cause of the pushback on eds moves moving the opponent back before the fireball can hit, but covering the opponents recovery after blocking an ed move.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,636

You complain about this everytime it happens like it's not going to happen again. Like the guy said, new fingernail paint for Juri, hold the 8 gigs.

Costumes, colours , stages and music I can possibly believe. One character and a bunch of numbers that don't actually replace the files with anything different?

It's 2000 and fucking 17. This game feels like it's 2003 I swear.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    Chun-Li almost getting a perfect on Ibuki. Gets hit by something into V-Trigger, gets hit by mixup, dies.

Welcome to Season 2 girl.
    edited May 12
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    Chun-Li almost getting a perfect on Ibuki. Gets hit by something into V-Trigger, gets hit by mixup, dies.

Technically that could happen to her in Season 1 also. Just Ibuki has better neutral and frame trap conversions in Season 2 so people pick her more.

Costumes, colours , stages and music I can possibly believe. One character and a bunch of numbers that don't actually replace the files with anything different?

Well at least in 2003 the download would be a smaller size.

You either download 20 gigs of uncompressed stuff or those 8 gigs. It's up to you.
    UE4 is always like that. Other games like PUBG have the same issue.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    edited May 12

Technically that could happen to her in Season 1 also. Just Ibuki has better neutral and frame trap conversions in Season 2 so people pick her more.

Technically yes. Though Chun could probably have stayed on the offense then with IALL among other things instead of backing off and giving Ibuki room to breathe which is basically just an invitation to get hit by a V-Trigger cancel. I'm just not a fan of the V-Trigger comebacks at all. Earlier in the stream there was a Vega vs. Laura match and at one point Vega had a 50% life lead whereas Laura had 20% life left and V-Trigger available. At that point I was 95% sure Laura would win. And she did.
    Ed can get some REALLY nice pressure going with his slow v trigger on block. Dash up cr.lp or cr.mp, v trigger hits once, dash up and do it again and again... can push the opponent like half screen doing it cause of the pushback on eds moves moving the opponent back before the fireball can hit, but covering the opponents recovery after blocking an ed move.

The complaints are coming

A jump in combo with Vtrigger and a super..... alright...

Some of the ball shit looked decent though. Game looks like Mortal Kombat now.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 12
    g

This shit has been like MKX for some time now.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,489
    Why couldn't the beta have training mode, I really wanna try Ed :cry:

Really? I'm playing him in training mode in the regular game right now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The link to that mod was down when I tried to get it this morning :cry:
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Guile(?)
    Smash 4: Toon Link
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)

The only real cool shit was cr.hp CC into v trigger stuff. But that's almost never going to be seen, the rest is just slightly advanced combos and yeah, v trigger plus super so...
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,407
    Don't know if the guy did Edward's wu super fast enough, but I saw it and tried to grab him out of it (dumb as hell I know)
    I'm watching a gold Ryu struggling with some newbie who picked Ed.
    That character is so bad on every level, it's comical.
    Funniest shit is when he gets a throw and gets pushed out unnaturally far by the hand of God.

I actually just started playing ryu for the first time since s1.
    All i know is i dont get shit off forward throw and i dont like it.

bout to mess around with either Cammy or Ken next.
    I think i'm starting to make some of these Ed's salty
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
    edited May 12
    Technically yes. Though Chun could probably have stayed on the offense then with IALL among other things instead of backing off and giving Ibuki room to breathe which is basically just an invitation to get hit by a V-Trigger cancel. I'm just not a fan of the V-Trigger comebacks at all. Earlier in the stream there was a Vega vs. Laura match and at one point Vega had a 50% life lead whereas Laura had 20% life left and V-Trigger available. At that point I was 95% sure Laura would win. And she did.

Yeah Chun had better bullshit to fight the bullshit then.

We're back to trying not make Sagat angry. Don't make him angry.

Why couldn't the beta have training mode, I really wanna try Ed :cry:

Really? I'm playing him in training mode in the regular game right now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The link to that mod was down when I tried to get it this morning :cry:

Watch your PMs...
    What are eds ways of dealing with fireballs? He doesn't seem to have anything particularly good. His own fireball is to slow to keep up and negating with the startup seems like suicide since it's hard because the startup is slow and because if he throws a fireball back he's at massive frame disadvantage since the opponents fireball is full screen by the time ed absorbs it.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,612
    edited May 12
    What are eds ways of dealing with fireballs? He doesn't seem to have anything particularly good. His own fireball is to slow to keep up and negating with the startup seems like suicide since it's hard because the startup is slow and because if he throws a fireball back he's at massive frame disadvantage since the opponents fireball is full screen by the time ed absorbs it.

The initial f+mp cancels fireballs and has good recovery.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
This discussion has been closed.