The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,744
    They copy your points over from the "real" CFN at the start of the beta, then you do beta things that only affect beta things, and when it's over nothing carries over.

Sure that's the way it's "supposed" to work, but I don't trust them anymore, so I switched to casual to mess around with Ed and will play my main in ranked if I feel like playing Ranked.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,762
    Dime_x wrote: »
    What are eds ways of dealing with fireballs? He doesn't seem to have anything particularly good. His own fireball is to slow to keep up and negating with the startup seems like suicide since it's hard because the startup is slow and because if he throws a fireball back he's at massive frame disadvantage since the opponents fireball is full screen by the time ed absorbs it.

V-Skill, KK in mid range
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    edited May 12
    I would like to test the limits of the new cfn if anyone is available. I'm in Miami right now, can do either PS4 or PC.

I played twin last night all the way across the country and I was impressed with how well it worked. It showed 4 bars the whole time in between sets and most matches were great on my end.

I'll be running Ed... don't care who you run, just want some ft5 with someone far away
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Trife88Trife88 GHOSTFACE WAIFUS Joined: Posts: 7,597
    edited May 12
    So the beta is 8 gig aswell? Is this a fucking joke?

It's the full game, what did you expect?
    Zeniside wrote: »
    charged FP is unfortunately ass on block.

-2 actually. Just saw it with Frame Trapped.

Why should it be the full game, the full game is on my system. Costume update - 8 gig, colour 8- gig, new menu system? 8 gig...

Fuck it, not going to bother tonight, I'll let it run when I'm in bed.

It's the way Capcom packed their files .

1. Character.pak (500MB)
    2. Inside lies everyone's outfits
    3. Capcom creates a new outfit for a X character that's in Character.pak
    4. The new outfit is 25MB,
    5. Capcom puts the new outfit that's only 25MB into the Character.pak (500MB) and sends it off for us to download.
    6. Capcom can not send of the 25MB file because the file HAS to go inside Character.pak (500MB)
    7. Capcom can not create a new pak because that would require more code work. Capcom would have to code the new pak to route back to the Character.pak file (since the main files are there IE Sounds, Story Mode Text, Win Quotes, Story Animations etc)

They tried to level up from their mistakes with SF4. In SF4 you can literally copy paste DLC for free.

If Capcom did what most people are thinking, the 25MB file would overwrite the 500MB file.

tl;dr Your gaming console got left behind.

Street Fighter V is the best game of our generation.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,443
    Being able to AA with his KK special is pretty legit. So easy to react if your anticipating a jump at all. Plus you can get some decent damage off of it.

I want to test some vtrigger ideas I have but I'll have to try to find some time.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Also was constantly getting two v triggers a round when I made an effort to v skill. Builds decently if you do the punch follow through on block
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,584
    Bout to try Ken for the first time since S1. My hit confirming is about to be complete shit
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,761
    Trife88 wrote: »

Why should it be the full game, the full game is on my system. Costume update - 8 gig, colour 8- gig, new menu system? 8 gig...

1. Character.pak (500MB)
    5. Capcom puts the new outfit that's only 25MB into the Character.pak (500MB) and sends it off for us to download.
    6. Capcom can not send of the 25MB file because the file HAS to go inside Character.pak (500MB)
    7. Capcom can not create a new pak because that would require more code work. Capcom would have to code the new pak to route back to the Character.pak file (since the main files are there IE Sounds, Story Mode Text, Win Quotes, Story Animations etc)

They tried to level up from their mistakes with SF4. In SF4 you can literally copy paste DLC for free.

If Capcom did what most people are thinking, the 25MB file would overwrite the 500MB file.

Yeah but its the same on PC too right?
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 12
    I hope they don't let Ryu die like this, I really enjoyed playing him. They really should improve his range on cr mk and make his fireball better instead of trying to give him more offensive tools. Also his V trigger just runs out so quick as if it would be too strong if it lasted longer.
    CFN ScootMagee
    What other stage interactions were added?
    edited May 12
    What other stage interactions were added?

boxes break on Guile's stage.
    Other than that I didn't see any changes on the beach, or vegas stage.
    Or they were there and i just aint notice them

On a unrelated note, I remember why Ken is so damn fun again.
    SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien, Ed, Cammy, Ken. Gonna learn Laura and Chun someday....someday

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,711
    edited May 12
    What are eds ways of dealing with fireballs? He doesn't seem to have anything particularly good. His own fireball is to slow to keep up and negating with the startup seems like suicide since it's hard because the startup is slow and because if he throws a fireball back he's at massive frame disadvantage since the opponents fireball is full screen by the time ed absorbs it.

V-Skill, KK in mid range

Yeah I thought so... sigh. Unfortunately these are all basically kinda bad counters.

KK has no range so I don't really see what that does...

V skill has 20 frame startup...

His own fireball has 11 frame startup. These are all VERY predictive moves unless at full screen for his fireball, but no decent player is going to sit there chucking fireballs at predictable speeds from full screen if they know you are going to try to absorb.

So it seems like he's an approach slowly and neutral jump mostly kinda character when outfireballed. And use the fireball counters only against super telegraphed fireballs... of which there probably won't be many.

Sigh.

Maybe kk has more range against an outstretched fireball than I think.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    KK has more range than you would think. You can use it where a mid range Ryu player would throw fireballs. It should work on cr. MK xx fireball too
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    At least Jiewa seems passionate and puts up a fight.

Not vs. Windalfr :cowboy:
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    Technically yes. Though Chun could probably have stayed on the offense then with IALL among other things instead of backing off and giving Ibuki room to breathe which is basically just an invitation to get hit by a V-Trigger cancel. I'm just not a fan of the V-Trigger comebacks at all. Earlier in the stream there was a Vega vs. Laura match and at one point Vega had a 50% life lead whereas Laura had 20% life left and V-Trigger available. At that point I was 95% sure Laura would win. And she did.

Yeah Chun had better bullshit to fight the bullshit then.

We're back to trying not make Sagat angry. Don't make him angry.

bruh do i have to give you the how to embed with timecodes tutorial again?
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,393
    Technically yes. Though Chun could probably have stayed on the offense then with IALL among other things instead of backing off and giving Ibuki room to breathe which is basically just an invitation to get hit by a V-Trigger cancel. I'm just not a fan of the V-Trigger comebacks at all. Earlier in the stream there was a Vega vs. Laura match and at one point Vega had a 50% life lead whereas Laura had 20% life left and V-Trigger available. At that point I was 95% sure Laura would win. And she did.

Angry Sagat is fun tho
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,526
    Didn't Winfalfr make it on stream?
    I think I watched the whole event and didn't see him.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    He made it to top 32 at last Dreamhack Austin but his matches were never streamed. He ended up top 8 (or top 16, can't remember) the previous year.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    Landed Cammy's air throw.
    that thang ugly as hell.
    But i will use it.

SAGAT WHERE YOU AT BRUH?
  • ZenisideZeniside Joined: Posts: 2,987
    edited May 12
    I don't think Ed will have problems with fireballs or at least I never noticed it in the matches I played. His dash is very effective. It might be different against Guile, but I had no issue keeping up with Ryu at mid range.

F+mp building metre is not too shabby for a 34 total frame move. It also has a decent hitbox with a lot of active frames.
    ED6_P.png
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,793 mod
    Veserius wrote: »

No. I already learned it from you the very first time you mentioned it like months ago. It just doesn't work with that old ass video for some reason. At least not the #t seconds only one.

Same problem happened with some old uploaded Power Rangers videos I was trying to timestamp

Sagat just heard he got canned for Season 3

VmG0p9.gif

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,606
    edited May 12
    Landed Cammy's air throw.
    that thang ugly as hell.
    But i will use it.

When will you use it really? Can't use it to keep people in the corner as it sideswitches, midscreen you might as wel do b.mp for a potential sideswitch mixup + easy pressure.
    Shit isn't good and looks like it was made by a modder.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• bisonatorbisonator Joined: Posts: 625
    Ed game plan. Dash in. Dash out. Dash out. Fireball. Fireball. Fireball. Dash in. Crouch MP. Dash out. Fireball. Fireball. Dash in. Crouch MP. Fail at confirming off MP. Dash out... knocked down? wake up EX upper I suppose.

If you're good at single hit confirming you'll do well.

I don't watch enough pros or tournies but...

It seems Capcom fucked off whoever was supposed to be released and got to working on Ed as a wedding present for Infiltration. Which begs the questions... Do the Koreans secretly own Capcom? Has Daigo been dishonoured? You decide.
  • HaggarmaniaHaggarmania Joined: Posts: 95
    Got to play a little bit with ED last night, had fun so far. He seems good, but it will be harder to make more use of his v-trigger without an overhead. It's not Balrog's v-trigger, but seems solid. I noticed it's really easy to get two v-triggers a match, so that helps. Of course his v-trigger needs labwork, so it's hard to say.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491

works fine for me

YOU NEED TO REREAD THE TUT
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • CHNchilla89CHNchilla89 Joined: Posts: 964
    Veserius wrote: »

No. I already learned it from you the very first time you mentioned it like months ago. It just doesn't work with that old ass video for some reason. At least not the #t seconds only one.

Same problem happened with some old uploaded Power Rangers videos I was trying to timestamp

Sagat just heard he got canned for Season 3

VmG0p9.gif

Ratio 2 Sag in K groove on Cammy is delicious
    He told me my story was cool.

Then he called me bro
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 600
    How do you juggle after the ex follow up to his double kick button special?
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,327
    Ed can get some REALLY nice pressure going with his slow v trigger on block. Dash up cr.lp or cr.mp, v trigger hits once, dash up and do it again and again... can push the opponent like half screen doing it cause of the pushback on eds moves moving the opponent back before the fireball can hit, but covering the opponents recovery after blocking an ed move.

The complaints are coming

for all resources used the damage is kinda low compared to rog from what i remember :pensive:
    edited May 12
    appomo wrote: »
    Ed can get some REALLY nice pressure going with his slow v trigger on block. Dash up cr.lp or cr.mp, v trigger hits once, dash up and do it again and again... can push the opponent like half screen doing it cause of the pushback on eds moves moving the opponent back before the fireball can hit, but covering the opponents recovery after blocking an ed move.

for all resources used the damage is kinda low compared to rog from what i remember :pensive:

Optimized stuff will probably be scarier than that and it's a 2 bar trigger on a character that can take hits and stun well. It's only going to get worse

They basically took the problem with Guile's 2 bar V Trigger and gave it to Ed. It makes sense why they changed Guile because they didn't want a mid ranged/zoner to turn into an everything character for 2 bars, but similar issues should occur here despite this fitting Ed's play style more.

I assume being able to V Reversal him and remove the fireball on a hit would alleviate things a bit, but if this releases it's definitely way more dangerous than Sim's trigger

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited May 12
    It is pretty much Bison's EX blast in a multi-hit V-trigger form.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,327
    edited May 12
    appomo wrote: »

Optimized stuff will probably be scarier than that and it's a 2 bar trigger on a character that can take hits and stun well. It's only going to get worse

They basically took the problem with Guile's 2 bar V Trigger and gave it to Ed. It makes sense why they changed Guile because they didn't want a mid ranged/zoner to turn into an everything character for 2 bars, but similar issues should occur here despite this fitting Ed's play style more.

yeah you are right. didnt took that into consideration.
    he can fill it up with just losing something around 30% of his life so he will most likely always get it at least two times in a round with his 1000hp

edit
    question is how much damage he can get out of it without using bars or just one/two....
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,627
    ed v skill cancels other fireballs
    Yeah I mean I think I heard someone say that if you hit him the fireball disappears. If that works like Sim's Season 1 V Trigger than you possibly have V Reversaling a VTC as a saving grace to stop the party. Not sure yet though.

• DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 12
    It is pretty much Bison's EX blast in a multi-hit V-trigger form.

His fireball and VT = Bison's Psycho Cannon from EX Series

Psycho Upper = Bison's Psycho Impact from CvS1

Also, where the frack are the god damn DATA MINERS!
    If only I saw the link for the mod. I want to mess around in training mode.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,394 mod
    They should just make a new character that when you throw a fireball against him, nothing comes out, but it's still 33 frames of recovery.

Akuma's already in the game
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
    mowr wrote: »

The initial f+mp cancels fireballs and has good recovery.

Yeah I can't imagine a character with as many tools as Ed having big problems with projectiles in a game where 2 characters have good projectiles. I'm sure his V Skill will come in handy vs them too.

I remember Kolin players were supposed to have problems with fireballs for like the first week she came out or something ridiculous also. Don't see this guy having fireball problems other than vs Guile who gives everyone fireball problems.

Trife88 wrote: »

1. Character.pak (500MB)

Yeah but its the same on PC too right?

Mustard is all powerful

This discussion has been closed.