The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,711
    BraboChoke wrote: »
    How do you juggle after the ex follow up to his double kick button special?

V skill or ex. Upper
  • WindalfrWindalfr Moe is cancer Joined: Posts: 1,855
    ed is super cool. already have so many ideas. his mash special is really interesting
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,004 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Steam being slow as hell delivering the goods.
    This is offensive.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I heard Ed is Bison's little cousin.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,897
    mowr wrote: »
    Dime_x wrote: »
    What are eds ways of dealing with fireballs? He doesn't seem to have anything particularly good. His own fireball is to slow to keep up and negating with the startup seems like suicide since it's hard because the startup is slow and because if he throws a fireball back he's at massive frame disadvantage since the opponents fireball is full screen by the time ed absorbs it.

The initial f+mp cancels fireballs and has good recovery.

Yeah I can't imagine a character with as many tools as Ed having big problems with projectiles in a game where 2 characters have good projectiles. I'm sure his V Skill will come in handy vs them too.

I remember Kolin players were supposed to have problems with fireballs for like the first week she came out or something ridiculous also. Don't see this guy having fireball problems other than vs Guile who gives everyone fireball problems.

Trife88 wrote: »
    So the beta is 8 gig aswell? Is this a fucking joke?

It's the full game, what did you expect?
    Zeniside wrote: »
    charged FP is unfortunately ass on block.

-2 actually. Just saw it with Frame Trapped.

Why should it be the full game, the full game is on my system. Costume update - 8 gig, colour 8- gig, new menu system? 8 gig...

Fuck it, not going to bother tonight, I'll let it run when I'm in bed.

It's the way Capcom packed their files .

1. Character.pak (500MB)
    2. Inside lies everyone's outfits
    3. Capcom creates a new outfit for a X character that's in Character.pak
    4. The new outfit is 25MB,
    5. Capcom puts the new outfit that's only 25MB into the Character.pak (500MB) and sends it off for us to download.
    6. Capcom can not send of the 25MB file because the file HAS to go inside Character.pak (500MB)
    7. Capcom can not create a new pak because that would require more code work. Capcom would have to code the new pak to route back to the Character.pak file (since the main files are there IE Sounds, Story Mode Text, Win Quotes, Story Animations etc)

They tried to level up from their mistakes with SF4. In SF4 you can literally copy paste DLC for free.

If Capcom did what most people are thinking, the 25MB file would overwrite the 500MB file.

tl;dr Your gaming console got left behind.

Yeah but its the same on PC too right?

Mustard is all powerful

LOL! Yeah I'm still having trouble versus fireballs. Watched a few eds and they have all lost to ryu... want to see an ed beating a smart fireball throwing ryu.

As it is I'm playing against nothing but akumas and ryus ATM. Don't have an answer for smart fireballs cause everything that ed has that beats fireballs requires very fast reactions or a really dumb fireball like full screen.

His own fireball is 11 frame startup then 8 frames to absorb.

His KK requires a ryu throwing fireballs pretty predictably from midrange from what I've seen. Using chuns slide to go under fireballs seems easier for me.

His v skill is 20 frame startup, 35 for the charged version. None of this really screams anti fireball from what I've seen.

I'll need to see an ed player playing against a decent fireball thrower and winning, to see what's up.

I don't have much of an answer for akumas air fireball either at this point... I can use KK to trade in his favor, maybe a PPP if he jumps from hella far.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,498
    Windalfr wrote: »
    ed is super cool. already have so many ideas. his mash special is really interesting

no one is really looking at it, saw it was only -3 right?
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • ZenisideZeniside Joined: Posts: 2,996
    edited May 12
    6 frame start-up, 80 damage, +3 hit -3 block. It is quick for a rather safe special.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,790
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,733 mod
    @Veserius

I'm bad at pianoing, what was your method for Blanka?
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 819
    I just slide my finger from jab to fierce and back to jab since the strength doesn't matter
    Maybe I'm a pussy but sliding kinda hurts my hand
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 819
    You can tap jab, strong, fierce, jab, fierce. Rather easy if you switch your controls so you have jab on your ring finger and fierce on your pointer
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,498
    Froztey wrote: »

try using a different finger/part of your finger.

when i used to slide on my index finger i would get a blister, now i slide on my middle finger, outside edge along the top knuckle.

you can also try using tape(like henry cen) or a glove(like scumbag).
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Just a theory, but next I play I'm going to try:

Strong>jab>fierce>strong>jab

As a way to link into hands off of a st.mp. It's a VERY easy piano because it's going right to left.

What I don't know is if the buffer will hold off of the initial st.mp long enough to link from the st.mp.

But in theory it should work if the buffer is long enough and if the hands have enough range, since the st.mp is +9 on hit and the hands are 6 frame startup.

I'm an old chun piano player so it's not hard to do for me.

Easiest chun piano method to just do heavy medium light x2 across the kick buttons. Gave you an ex legs everytime.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited May 12
    Veserius wrote: »

try using a different finger/part of your finger.

when i used to slide on my index finger i would get a blister, now i slide on my middle finger, outside edge along the top knuckle.

you can also try using tape(like henry cen) or a glove(like scumbag).

yeah side of the middle fingers works better just feels strange, I'll adapt. cheers
    YouTube
    Twitch
    edited May 12
    Yeah, st.mp one hit confirm> link into hands, works. Just tried it.

Not easy to do because might plink the medium to jab and get out a psycho upper, but it's doable with practice.

Slide method will probably be a lot better, will practice that next.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,747
    edited May 12
    Ed's CA felt incredibly fast.
    at least compared to Kolin.

cuz if i try to do far standing jab at the very edge of my jab's hit box, using Kolin, i cant confirm into CA.
    it gets blocked every time. mmm. then i die.
    edit: (at least online)

but with Ed it felt like i could confirm from a mad far away hit confirmed jab.
    it travels fast. felt like it.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,905
    Mashed special is fast and pretty much unpunishable but there's no followup I know of.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
    it scares me.
    i fear his jab now if he has full meter.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,905
    StockyJam wrote: »
    Ed's CA felt incredibly fast.
    at least compared to Kolin.

Kolin's CA = 7f
    Ed's CA = 13f
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,313
    Anyone for sets?
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • septicseptic It was love at first sight Joined: Posts: 411
    edited May 12
    Dhalsim can't do teleport shenanigans or do jump back air drills against Ed, all you need to do is press Psycho Upper and it auto-corrects. Dhalsim vs. Ed looks horrible.

Yup. could be another bad MU for Sim.

Sim's new low-back mk is fun... helps in the neutral. good tool for catching opponents dashing back after drill.
    edited May 12
    Yep, Ed CA has the slowest start-up among the cast.
    holy shit really?!?!

then people weren't blocking last night then lmfao.

everyone was too hyper lol.
    is Ed's jab hit stun the same as Kolin's tho?

if it is...
    people werent blocking last night lol.
    i cant stop laughing.
    i'm high as a kite right now lol.
    yo. lol.
    i wanna play some games motherfuckers.
    word.
    cuz i'm high.
    now is the most fun to play.
    edited May 12
    I can play some if you make a lobby and invite me even though I have been up all night.
    yo.

watch me light up the game. right.
    and then sit there wondering why i cant find any Eds online to fight against.

only to discover...
    that my monkey ass booted up the regular version of SFV and not the beta lmao.

cuz i'm high.
    nah, i wont fuck up. now that i'm aware.
    aight @Zeniside
    but what was your cfn again? wasnt it something like Zhozite or some shit like that?
    just to make sure.

and the beta right?
    edited May 12
    aight @Zeniside
    but what was your cfn again? wasnt it something like Zhozite or some shit like that?
    just to make sure.

and the beta right?

Uh it is the same as my forum alias and yes the beta.
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,939
    If only I saw the link for the mod. I want to mess around in training mode.

Indeed.

Share, gentlemen.
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    Ok, matchmaking for me is totally busted. Using the same settings as I usually have set in the full version (5 bars only, Ranked & Casual, Auto-Join) takes forever to find a game and it's mostly laggy and teleporting stuff.

It's pretty much as bad if not worse than Day One retail version. Unbelievable. The level of incompetence at Capcom is through the roof.

At least Ed seems kinda interesting. Too bad I couldn't even get his non-motion specials out (like forward + MP) because lag spikes kept ignoring my inputs.
    aight @Zeniside
    just to make sure.

and the beta right?

Uh it is the same as my forum alias and yes the beta.

loooooool

nigga i forgot about you..

i went to get juice and had a smoke and was about to listen to tunes. lol
    aight, goin online now.
    mmmm.
    the beta lag.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,030
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    Ok, matchmaking for me is totally busted. Using the same settings as I usually have set in the full version (5 bars only, Ranked & Casual, Auto-Join) takes forever to find a game and it's mostly laggy and teleporting stuff.

It's pretty much as bad if not worse than Day One retail version. Unbelievable. The level of incompetence at Capcom is through the roof.

At least Ed seems kinda interesting. Too bad I couldn't even get his non-motion specials out (like forward + MP) because lag spikes kept ignoring my inputs.

Try 4-5 bars. 5 is too strict of a condition.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 658
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    YPa7057ClUmQEpkdGQn8BxuRHehp_ZxK6uH3Ec5F6Hw.jpg?w=576&s=92f4e930f1d86226d8e0a0e8e4ea233c

Must've already been taken.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,313
    edited May 12
    Cfn seems to have improved. Cross platform play loads faster... overall faster load times, cool seeing where your friends folks are playing and who.

Early hit take on ed is he will struggle against grapplers, mainly Gief and Birdie and Guile maybe his worse mu.

My take is he's good but has a lot of bad mu.

Oh the nice CFN lady informed me I am 50-10 against Ed mirrors
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
This discussion has been closed.