The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,079
    edited April 18
    Someone reminded me of this godlike set, had to watch it again,

One of the best sets in SFV to date and makes a case for why Ryu and Chun need to be brought back to their S1 glory. The gameplay is so pure.
  • TeriosTerios Where do you want me to break you first? Joined: Posts: 1,675
    The AE2012 Tier List thread was the best times I've had on this site. Somehow I became a trusted source for Makoto matchup knowledge, don't ask me how that happened.

Nerf Akuma's sweep.
    Rashiidoooooooo!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    Gg guys, Street Fighter V killed excellent adventures

SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,866
    What I missed during the last pages of the last thread:

- @Quark plays FFXIV (good to know I'm not alone with this)
    - Lots of ass pictures.

I wish I would have been there, to bad I wasn't.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,173
    Cipher wrote: »
    What I missed during the last pages of the last thread:

- Quark plays FFXIV (good to know I'm not alone with this)
    - Lots of ass pictures.

I wish I would have been there, to bad I wasn't.

Aww, I'm sorry man...here, let me make it up to you.
    sexys_ass_by_elmatiax-d7tgkr3.jpg
    In theory the goal of a secondary is (usually) to cover the bad matchups for your primary. Since you're playing a character that doesn't seem to have any aggressively bad matchups to worry about I would suggest that instead you look at a character that just plays differently than Cammy so that a counter-pick with the secondary would be more based on the type of player you've run into. To that end I would suggest you pick between Laura, Mika, Zangief and maybe Rashid.

I've become addicted to fast walkspeeds with good buttons...it's hard to go back to having only one or neither.

That said, maybe I will try Zangief again...out of the ones you listed he's the one I had the most fun with.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • appoappo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,613
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

i know it is meant as a joke but with sfV the vierwenumbers on the excelent episodes dropped a lot.
    thats most likely the reason why the bring him in now with his own segment.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,075 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    mowr wrote: »
    yjzrKfH38bqQPeZjNZNf-f0N9K7S8bPQyuQnqNcB2hk.png?w=948&s=f1ab4b8d0784d466ca52ecd3ea51653b

I can't believe I am saying this, but he's actually right.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,866
    @LordWilliam1234

You Sir deserve a medal, sadly I have none.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,525
    Fuck Byron, whens Ed??!!
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,173
    Cipher wrote: »
    You Sir deserve a medal, sadly I have none.

I'll take a "rise up," it's the most obvious reaction after all :wink:
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • appoappo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,613
    there he switches games to have fun and thats what he gets....poor man :P
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FunMushySashimiCoolStoryBro
  • GKNGKN Joined: Posts: 22
    The continous support and information about the game was Capcom and Ono dissappearing from twitter and other media for good.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,913
    Lol this game is so salt inducing. Play against gief it's just jump dash charge armor jump dash charge armor.

Anti air him a couple of times and bam dash SPD. Hit his dash SPD bam, jump.

Mix armor charge for autofootsies and some cr.lp and some SPD vortex and there's gief for you. So fun.

lol I don't even mind the SPD vortex but it just becomes unfun when the neutral is so spazzy. Play perfect calling all the options out without the benefit of a strategy that covers more than one option at a time, mess up once and get vortexed.

LOL mad salt.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,980
    edited April 18
    appomo wrote: »

i know it is meant as a joke but with sfV the vierwenumbers on the excelent episodes dropped a lot.

True. Plus the last few episodes I saw, the guest usually had to carry them. I saw one episode where everyone was winning except Gootecks. It was sad.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
  • SkiesOfAzelSkiesOfAzel Joined: Posts: 949
    edited April 18
    Daemos wrote: »
    yjzrKfH38bqQPeZjNZNf-f0N9K7S8bPQyuQnqNcB2hk.png?w=948&s=f1ab4b8d0784d466ca52ecd3ea51653b

Plus he color matched it with his eyes. But even if he hadn't, that pose oozes of testosterone.

I now eagerly expect Punk's post about the right glitter shades for CPT tournaments.
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,718
    Fuck Byron, whens Ed??!!

The true believers
    Vhozite wrote: »
    *Picture of a bitch nigga*

All he needs now are some high heels and a pair of earrings.

As long as they are color matched. You wouldn't want to ruin the effect, unless you are jelly that he has a better purse than you (understandable, you are only human after all).
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,092
    Honestly I've been using kolin's back dash during gaps in block strings to get away. I don't even see her vreversal as a defensive tool anymore, just something to regain offense on certain moves. Oh another thing.... capcom should switch urien's crush counters around. Make st.hp knock down and df.hk for max damage punishes.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 942
    appomo wrote: »

True. Plus the last few episodes I saw. The guest usually have to carry them. I saw one episode where everyone was winning except Gootecks. It was sad.

It's always been like that though. Mike is the one who used to win a lot in SFIV but can't get anything done in SFV. Gootecks was always just losing. I think that's part of the charm to be honest. Nobody wants to see 30 games win streaks with Urien on Excellent Adventures.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,157

i'm starting to feel sorry for him. dude has no real friends, always needs to prove himself (i wonder where that comes from?), and sucks at fighters and lacks humility to actually blame himself for losses. he'll never get better at games because of that.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    i'm starting to feel sorry for him. dude has no real friends, always needs to prove himself (i wonder where that comes from?), and sucks at fighters and lacks humility to actually blame himself for losses. he'll never get better at games because of that.

His GF left him too. And he's probably not blaming himself for it.

He's a sad, sad man indeed.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • CHNchilla89CHNchilla89 Joined: Posts: 964
    @CHNchilla89 yeah he is mad good. Asked for another set after the tournament. Tell him I said what's up

The ELeague guys actually ran a little bar tournament last night, and he won that too. He's really been improving steadily over the past since year when I first met him. I think first time I played him in tournament it was pretty close, but I can't touch him at all now.

He told me my story was cool.

Then he called me bro
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,918
    Seems to me that the asians are just upset that they can't consistently win majors anymore in SFV, and just call the game bad as an excuse.

@CHNchilla89 I fought him again after the tournament in a first to three and it went 3-2 his way. His neutral is crazy and I've never seen a Birdie utilize command grab like he does. He should start entering majors if he hasn't already lol
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,376 mod
    edited April 18
    Seems to me that the asians are just upset that they can't consistently win majors anymore in SFV, and just call the game bad as an excuse.

@CHNchilla89 I fought him again after the tournament in a first to three and it went 3-2 his way. His neutral is crazy and I've never seen a Birdie utilize command grab like he does. He should start entering majors if he hasn't already lol

It's more like a vocal minority of a few of the top asians and other top players. The majority of asians from interviews I've seen seem to really like the game just with some criticisms.

Bigger issue seems to be random US/Euro people defending them losing with "the game sucks/too easy so they're losing" shit. In Marvel 3 people did the same thing to defend Sanford Kelly and Yipes not having good results in that game.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod

image quoting cause fuck you

when you have to reassure yourself in a post it's pretty fuckin obvious you're self conscious about it
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,918
    You know LTG does that shit just for attention.. He knows that the people over at r/sf and r/kappa are obsessed with him for some reason, so he goes and posts dumb things like that.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz

So if someone has a different opinion than yours, he must have an ulterior motive right? The fact is that Capcom was promising left and right that SFV would be all about fundamentals.

What we got instead is a different kind of set play based around 50/50s, heavy buttons that lack a proper hurtbox during startup and recovery and a risk reward factor that makes no fucking sense whatsoever. And Bonchan is absolutely right about the balancing process, even the worst top tier cheese of S1 seems reasonable and fair compared to what we got with the S2 top tiers.

Yeah I remember mentioning a while back in the last thread that Birdie is such a nightmare in V-trigger because of the command grab/ex headbutt mixup. He utilizes that really well and he's really good at throwing out clutch c.lp's to interrupt pressure. He was at Final Round, but I think he's trying to travel more this year. Honestly I think a lot of Atlanta players would do really well if they got more experience under their belts.

Then he called me bro
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,075 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 18
    Gamogo wrote: »
    Daemos wrote: »

Nope.

What do you mean "nope"? It's a piece of accessory, if you think it's more than that (like a measure of something as subjective as masculinity) then you are deluded.

Your sense of style could be narrow and limited, but it doesn't mean that others' should be the same. Whether it looks good or not, comes down to personal taste. If you feel good, and you feel right wearing something - Go for it.

57a3a7aa73430ab465c1b8e90d07ceae.jpg

5c47d0c29a90483bbd56de0e0b0f1ede.jpg

Lots of straight men can pull off eccentric fashion tastes that include but are not limited to stuff like purses, earrings, and heels.

You have an ocean of shit to make fun of when it comes to LTG, this isn't one of them.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • StoneMonkeys_StoneMonkeys_ Joined: Posts: 20
    Why cant i buy certain costumes, stages anymore? Why dont Capcom want my money?
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,853
    This is a topic worthy of after page 500. Not the first 10.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,980
    Veserius wrote: »
    The asian top players have been trashing the game since pre-evo last year.

reverse engineering that into salt is dumb.

IIRC a lot if them shit on SFIV too.
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,664
    The asian top players have been trashing the game since pre-evo last year.

reverse engineering that into salt is dumb.

Forget pre-evo...the game was getting bashed pre-release.
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

also if you enjoy being stylish you also enjoy penises in your orifices.

middle school up in here.

QFT though I will say some of those styles @Daemos linked to are really strange.

I think in general most Americans have really whack styles though. My best friend studied abroad in Japan for a year and really implemented that style. When he got back we'd go out to bars and chicks would think he was gay (this was in a college town in the South so keep that in mind) just because he was dressed nicely.

Hell, I've gone out to bars during wintertime and literally had chicks come up to me just because I was wearing a scarf (again, I live in the South). Dudes really don't realize that dressing well will get you vagina.

Then he called me bro
This discussion has been closed.