The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,515
    edited April 18
    Damn UNIST getting a console release?
    What's tomorrow...P4AU2.0? HnK in HD? Competent SFV?
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,262
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    appomo wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Gg guys, Street Fighter V killed excellent adventures

i know it is meant as a joke but with sfV the vierwenumbers on the excelent episodes dropped a lot.
    thats most likely the reason why the bring him in now with his own segment.

True. Plus the last few episodes I saw. The guest usually have to carry them. I saw one episode where everyone was winning except Gootecks. It was sad.

It's always been like that though. Mike is the one who used to win a lot in SFIV but can't get anything done in SFV. Gootecks was always just losing. I think that's part of the charm to be honest. Nobody wants to see 30 games win streaks with Urien on Excellent Adventures.

I wouldn't say always. At first they both won a lot. They'd pick random characters and body people on XBL. They were clearly trolling. As the player skill level rose, Gootecks started using his mains (Balrog/Rose) more because started losing a lot. Mike was still able to troll. He rarely used Honda.

With SFV, they aren't really able to troll. One of them losing is funny. Both of them losing isn't entertaining. The best SFV episodes, from what I've seen, feature K-Brad. He's able to beat most online warriors with various characters, like Mike and Gootecks used to.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,010
    Byron in the title :(
    TS throwing a shadow of misfortune over SFV

I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 8,933
    edited April 18
    @Daemos please stawp gaying up the thread!!!! I go to kpop forums for my dose of gay posters!! Please!!!!!!!
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (WHEN MY GIRL GETTING A NEW OUTFIT CC!?!)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
    We finally get @LordWilliam1234 to stop posting LTG stuff and @mowr picks up the mantle.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 7,020
    Honestly, I haven't watched Excellent Adventures since they started playing V. No idea why.

Outside of tournaments and some random streams every now and then, I don't really watch much of V.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited April 18
    I watch V replays all the time. Right now I'm subbed to Dead Ace, Xuses, Olympic Gaming and Karozzo and also watch Rektscrub's stuff.

I like watching this game. I also still watch SF4 replays since yogaflame uploaded a million so they always pop up in the recommended.

SFV: Cammy/Kolin (WHEN MY GIRL GETTING A NEW OUTFIT CC!?!)/Karin (Menat too hard fuc dat bich)
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,435
    ribu wrote: »

When's Persona 5 Arena? Come on, Atlus, P4 is long dead anyway

I doubt Hokuto no Ken rerelease is ever happening because Sega can't seem to be bothered to do anything gaming-related if it's not called "Sonic" or "Yakuza", not to mention ArcSys' hands are kinda tied right now
    Honestly, I haven't watched Excellent Adventures since they started playing V. No idea why..

Because it's fucking boring, that's why. SFV's slow matchmaking, hour-long load times, and hundreds of transitions and menu animations just kill ANY sort of pacing that the show had in the Ultra days
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,515
    ribu wrote: »

I'd be fine with a PC release already
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Hawkeye/Thanos (Space?)
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 18
    Veserius wrote: »
    also if you enjoy being stylish you also enjoy penises in your orifices.

middle school up in here.

QFT though I will say some of those styles @Daemos linked to are really strange.

They would be if you haven't left the town you were born in yet (i.e. living under a rock) or allowed yourself out of your comfort zone. Travel/read enough and nothing becomes stranger than people who relinquish themselves to mediocrity.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 3,995
    I always thought a purse was a means of helping a woman carry her many accessories that men dont carry
    Plus the clothes they wear usually dont have room, dont have pockets, or pockets big enough to carry wallets
    If a man does use a purse, what exactly does he use it for and what do they carry inside of it?
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,121
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    I always thought a purse was a means of helping a woman carry her many accessories that men dont carry
    Plus the clothes they wear usually dont have room, dont have pockets, or pockets big enough to carry wallets
    If a man does use a purse, what exactly does he use it for and what do they carry inside of it?

the same stuff, thats why its considered.....to be a bison main when you run around with one.
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,893
    SFV's slow matchmaking, hour-long load times, and hundreds of transitions and menu animations just kill ANY sort of pacing that the show had in the Ultra days

Yeah dude. The menu and pointless UI transition stuff sponges up so much play time to the point where I can actually feel myself growing older during sessions of SFV.

It's a substantially better experience when I play with other PC players with SSDs combined with the fastload fix released by Tool Assisted however. It's still not fantastic, but it's an improvement over Capcom's formal offering, that's for sure. I really hope Capcom apply that speed-up he wrangled into the formal game so console folks can enjoy the bump in load times it offers.

The fade to white transition it speeds up is an intentionally handbraked and canned animation. It's potentially required as a means to allow slower consoles/PC to establish a synced session before entering matches, though I doubt this as when I play against console dudes, on my end it races through and the game simply waits for them to catch up. My point being, it looks as if it can be safely removed completely without it having any negative effect on loading the game, irrespective of platform.

Daemos: Calm blue ocean.
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,121
    @Evil Canadian

portrait.png
    for you to find your way into this new thread :monkey:
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,857
    No celebrity I like on the planet could make me buy and rock a purse.
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible SFV/Injustice2 play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,893

His boss's dirty laundry.

hqdefault.jpg
    Guacamole is awesome.
    Daemos wrote: »

Going through my purse right now: Phone(s), eyedrops, cigarettes, lighter, wallet, weed, medication, lip moisturizer, hand sanitizer, pen, blotting paper, gum.

Granted I usually leave it in the car because I don't like to be burdened by it if I am moving a lot. But it comes in very handy (pun intended).

Kek weed

>You leave it in the car

FRAUD
    R
    A
    U
    D

• CHNchilla89CHNchilla89 Joined: Posts: 964
    edited April 18
    Veserius wrote: »
    also if you enjoy being stylish you also enjoy penises in your orifices.

middle school up in here.

QFT though I will say some of those styles @Daemos linked to are really strange.

They would be if you haven't left the town you were born in yet (i.e. living under a rock) or allowed yourself out of your comfort zone. Travel/read enough and nothing becomes stranger than people who relinquish themselves to mediocrity.

Fuck outta here with those whack ass generalizations about mediocrity and living under a rock. I live in Atlanta (yes actually IN the city) and have spent a decent amount of time in LA and NYC. I'm well traveled enough to know that those sorts of styles are not the norm, even in very fashion forward cities (Atlanta is one of them).

Your whole post reeks of smugness... better put that attitude back in that purse of yours if you can fit it in there.

TWINBLADES wrote: »

Going through my purse right now: Phone(s), eyedrops, cigarettes, lighter, wallet, weed, medication, lip moisturizer, hand sanitizer, pen, blotting paper, gum.

Granted I usually leave it in the car because I don't like to be burdened by it if I am moving a lot. But it comes in very handy (pun intended).

Kek weed

>You leave it in the car

FRAUD
    R
    A
    U
    D

Literally everything he listed could be left in your dash or glove compartment

He told me my story was cool.

Then he called me bro
    edited April 18

It's a purse ultimately, it doesn't have a sex or gender. How you prefer it to look is personal taste. The same logic extends to stuff like make-up, piercings, and heels, many of which were used by men for decades or centuries before they were available for women. It comes down to how you wanna carry it.

Getting hung up over style choices is one of the most ridiculous things to do considering how volatile and utterly fluid fashion is, and how dramatically it can shift from time to time, and place to place.

I guess it's just a matter of preference

the women i know carry necessities in their purse
    meds, tampons/pads, makeup(necessity to some i guess), wallet, keys, etc because most of the clothes they wear dont have pockets or have pockets big enough to carry those things

are men wearing purses because they need to or is it just a fashion thing? or both?
    are women wearing purses because they need to or is it just a fashion thing? or both?

I carry tons of shit on me in my pockets
    phone, eyedrops, wallet, keys, pen, tools, gum, earbuds
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,266 mod
    I'ma buy one of those Evo bags and call it my purse.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited April 18

So then why you just don't use one of these?
    Dakine_STATION_20L_Granite_263035_513235.jpg

I find such bags to be infinitely more convinient since you don't actually have to carry anything and just throw it behind your back

Source: used one for 6 years in College and University

The FGC is a Jansport only community :whistle:
    edited April 18
    are men wearing purses because they need to or is it just a fashion thing? or both?
    are women wearing purses because they need to or is it just a fashion thing? or both?

I know a lot of women that don't carry purses (and no they are not lesbians), it really comes down to your lifetstyle. I have an iphone 7plus, and it's a huge phone. If I wanna carry that on, with all the stuff that I may need throughout the day while I'm out it, it weighs me down in my pockets or bulges (it can if you smoke I love My Little Pony so much it hurts). A purse seems like a sensible solution functionally speaking in today's world. I don't see the fuss about it also having a pleasing form as a fashion accessory.

Many designers have went out of their way in the last 2 decades to produce purses for men. Even cosmetics companies have produced lines of cosmetics targeted at men (I'm not necessarily referring to makeup, but rather skincare. Even though the product itself is exactly like women's, be it a purse, or a moisturizer, they have to repackage and rebrand it as men's to circumvent people's hangups and hesitations.

Some brands did the complete opposite, and neutralized their products, making them as gender ambiguous as possible. Producing clothing and shoes that are functionally and aesthetically genderless. It's a new age in a capitalism for better or worse.

I know a lot of women that don't carry purses (and no they are not lesbians), it really comes down to your lifetstyle. I have an iphone 7plus, and it's a huge phone. If I wanna carry that on, with all the stuff that I may need throughout the day while I'm out it, it weighs me down in my pockets or bulges (it can if you smoke your mother). A purse seems like a sensible solution functionally speaking in today's world. I don't see the fuss about it also having a pleasing form as a fashion accessory.

Many designers have went out of their way in the last 2 decades to produce purses for men. Even cosmetics companies have produced lines of cosmetics targeted at men (I'm not necessarily referring to makeup, but rather skincare. Even though the product itself is exactly like women's, be it a purse, or a moisturizer, they have to repackage and rebrand it as men's to circumvent people's hangups and hesitations.

Some brands did the complete opposite, and neutralized their products, making them as gender ambiguous as possible. Producing clothing and shoes that are functionally and aesthetically genderless. It's a new age in a capitalism for better or worse.

Males vs. Purses : New Age of Capitalism
    edited April 18

Cuz of personal taste? If I functionally need to carry a purse, it better look good to me just like any item of clothing. Whether it is a backpack, handbag, shoulder carryon, whatever.
  • nfds_allwdnfds_allwd Joined: Posts: 521

this shit is ugly as fuck. when i was in uni ony long dirty haired nerds were using them shits, type do burn anime on cd's and drink beer while listening to anime openings

edited April 18
    Unless you're camping you can't be caught dead with those things anymore.

Please @DevilJin 01
    Dont relinquish yourself to mediocrity

I know a lot of women that don't carry purses (and no they are not lesbians), it really comes down to your lifetstyle. I have an iphone 7plus, and it's a huge phone. If I wanna carry that on, with all the stuff that I may need throughout the day while I'm out it, it weighs me down in my pockets or bulges (it can if you smoke your mother). A purse seems like a sensible solution functionally speaking in today's world. I don't see the fuss about it also having a pleasing form as a fashion accessory.

Yes I know alot of women don't carry purses
    I'm talking about the women who do and do it because they need to
    I think the reason why purses are tied/related to women is because it's something that women actually needed while being fashionable whereas maybe men are now wearing it because it's out of the norm fashionable
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,004 mod
    I think the smaller roster and the gameplay make SF5 excellent adventures less fun. Plus the odds of there being real low tier killer feels smaller.

One thing I didnt like was the overproduction of the show. First excellent adventures were great because thats legit all of the fgx dudes when playing online. After that it seems they cared more about being entertaining than just letting the natural reactions happen.

I have a couple of locals that would be great for that style of show. Conversations are too real with them. :rofl:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 798
    edited April 18
    Unless you're camping you can't be caught dead with those things anymore.

Where else is a ninja gonna store their kunai stocks?

bag picture

I find such bags to be infinitely more convinient since you don't actually have to carry anything and just throw it behind your back

Source: used one for 6 years in College and University

Nah
    Why not one of these

P15418514.jpg

Too small
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

Who the fuck would carry that piece of shit!

7eaaa970-249a-0132-08f0-0eae5eefacd9.gif?

Well maybe not exactly like that one. I'm personally using this one:

00188-1-510x600.jpg
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

This discussion has been closed.