The SSJ5 General Thread: E3 happening but Ono doesn't Spirit Bomb

Comments

• DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    appomo wrote: »
    @Evil Canadian

Brainiac is going to be playable? I thought he was too huge to play? (And I thought you said Darkseid + Joker were left...)

Brainiac was announced as playable a long time ago, just then they went media blackout on him. He is more than likely the proper "boss" of the game and will show up after the Gorilla Grodd stuff finishes up in the plot.

...whats with darkseid?

Pre-order stuff got no place in plot.

Just like Goro, goro never showed up in the plot at all.

Which is a terrible waste of an opportunity. Darkseid is second only to Joker when it comes to DC villains.
  • JaxxxJaxxx Joined: Posts: 916
    Juri player base will go up for 2 weeks with the new costume.

I still need to buy Chun Lo and Bboy Ryu

are you a completist?
    or do you really like the redbull outfits?
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 6,785
    Oh. My only experience with Braniac was the Convergence comic (I don't really read comics often) and he's gargantuan in that.

He's been a lot of things over the years(robots, starships, etc) but his appearance finally normalized a few years back by retconning all previous Brainiacs were only a expeditionary force and the "True" Brainiac is da big green guy.

Convergence.... well uh... DC Rebirth is fantastic so I guess we can forgive convergence for being what it was.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,217
    How about a good costume for Rashid? And Guile? Enough with the Ryu and Chun skins!!!!!
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 846
    Wait a minute, just thinking about it, they still haven't announced the new trials, right ? I'm starting to think the new content they are talking about might be that and not the new character.
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Left behind Joined: Posts: 2,724
    Hm. Well, at least I know that news for the character will be coming within the week.

Yep news for Brainiac is thursday it seems

Byron though heh, who the fuck knows!!!!!!!!!!

What if it's not Byron? What if it's somebody else?

yeah, we will get tyrone... his twinbrother instead :D

Call me in then.
    Daemos wrote: »
    @Evil Canadian

Brainiac is going to be playable? I thought he was too huge to play? (And I thought you said Darkseid + Joker were left...)

Brainiac was announced as playable a long time ago, just then they went media blackout on him. He is more than likely the proper "boss" of the game and will show up after the Gorilla Grodd stuff finishes up in the plot.

...whats with darkseid?

Pre-order stuff got no place in plot.

Just like Goro, goro never showed up in the plot at all.

Which is a terrible waste of an opportunity. Darkseid is second only to Joker when it comes to DC villains.

Wait for Injustice 3 I guess. I am much happier that the spotlight is focusing on people like Grodd(even outside of the ape stuff) because lesser known villains need a time to shine too!!!!!

Having Grodd and the B-tier crew(cold, cheetah, scarecrow and so forth) get time to shine in the plot is great. Then you can finish off with your proper big bad in Brainiac.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,715
    Oh. My only experience with Braniac was the Convergence comic (I don't really read comics often) and he's gargantuan in that.

He's been a lot of things over the years(robots, starships, etc) but his appearance finally normalized a few years back by retconning all previous Brainiacs were only a expeditionary force and the "True" Brainiac is da big green guy.

Convergence.... well uh... DC Rebirth is fantastic so I guess we can forgive convergence for being what it was.

why did you not opened a thread for the game..as it seems no real one exist so far?!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Norieaga wrote: »
    How about a good costume for Rashid? And Guile? Enough with the Ryu and Chun skins!!!!!

Rashid and Guile are too high tier for new costumes

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• SAOTOME2USAOTOME2U My favorite SF? Alpha 2 (minus CCs) Joined: Posts: 480
    Someone brought up an interesting point. Alex and Ibuki's nostalgia costumes were teased at the same time as the Thailand stage -- odd that we haven't heard anymore about that. Maybe next month with new character?

Also, am I the only one tired of getting only a few character costumes at a time and no one else? Odd that with SF4, they released costumes for everyone at the same time. Not counting Story Mode that gave everyone an alternate, we have Ryu with 4 alternates, Chun and Cammy with 3, and everyone else with one (Battle Outfits), maybe 2.

I understand it takes time to get these things up and running...I get that. But the constant radio silence we get for 3-4 weeks at a time, and then (what I consider) half updates just seems....blah. I just think they should do more like 2 new stages at a time and other new options/content updates. Is it really unreasonable that with every new character they release, every other month, that we get maybe a new stage, some new colors, new costumes or something as well? Just my thoughts... :confounded:
    A logical, and objective member of the FGC -- we exist.
    Twitter: @ YoSHO2U
    Jaxxx wrote: »
    Juri player base will go up for 2 weeks with the new costume.

I still need to buy Chun Lo and Bboy Ryu

are you a completist?
    or do you really like the redbull outfits?

Nah I don't have too many costumes. Just a big Bboy fan. Even if the costumes are rather exaggerated and not very Bboyish any way

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

why did you not opened a thread for the game..as it seems no real one exist so far?!

bah not enough support on srk to actually support a thread

ill bitch and moan about injustice here occasionally with my good friends!!!! :)

whens 2.5 patch alreadyyyyyyy, can't play injustice, don't wanna play sf5 in its current form

All I can do is sit and think and thinkings for idiots
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    Why do I still delude myself into thinking one of these days those fuckers are gonna remember nostalgia alex and ibuki costumes

piece of my soul leaves my body everytime
    q6OPSXw.gif

They scrapped those costumes to make the new ryu and chun ones.

Only so many polygons to go around had to conserve and re-use.
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,290
    Only Ryu costume looks good.
    Chun up to 7 outfits now God Damn.
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    https://discord.gg/w6naQPC
    Abigail Discord:
    https://discord.gg/37bZmH8
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,512
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    Why do I still delude myself into thinking one of these days those fuckers are gonna remember nostalgia alex and ibuki costumes

piece of my soul leaves my body everytime
    q6OPSXw.gif

This gif actually fucking perfectly describes that feeling.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,652
    edited April 18
    Norieaga wrote: »

While i completely agree with you, in Ryu's defense that's like the first decent alt i get

SFA Ryu was bad. Had it's chance to shine with #9 color being SF2 one, but these barbarians fucked it up and all i'm left with is a bad costume with an "almost SF2" color

Premium Ryu was made for NeoGaf gay community and TloU fans
    cUvCqhO.gif

Halloween Ryu was a nice concept but ultimately a mess

BBoy Ryu was BBoy Ryu and should count as -1,5 avaible alts just for the offense of having seen it

This left Ryu with 2,5 alts, wich technically is just 0,5 more alts than Rashid and Guile

Next week we get the first decent one, leave Ryu alone lol

I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,605
    After all this time wasted reading these blog posts, I still have no idea what "Hit the jump" means.

EDIT: Also wow, that Ryu is fucking nice.
    It's telling you to work on your anti airs.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,855
    Froztey wrote: »
    nR0lO1q.png

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG @Trife88

Holy shit I just realized this mean 10 alt colors for his outfit!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • ZenisideZeniside Joined: Posts: 2,986
    I came across my first hip hop or whatever the hell it is Ryu and it was as if someone was stabbing me in the eyes. It was hideous and I thought I was fighting ken at first.
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 7,855
    Yeah, BBoy Ryu is like encountering a shiny Pokemon. I think I've only see one in the wild.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Menat :P
    Tekken 7: Katarina Alves/Master Raven
    Rev 2: Elphelt
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a lowercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 8,216
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    nR0lO1q.png

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG @Trife88

Holy shit I just realized this mean 10 alt colors for his outfit!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

STEP ON ME AND CALL ME YOUR SLAVE JURI

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG X100
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,758
    Has Chun actually gotten this costume?

akiman_chun-li_alt_sfv.jpg
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 1,819
    mykka wrote: »

While this art is great WTF, CAPCOM WHERE'S MY URIEN COSTUMES JEEEEEEEEZ
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,883
    mykka wrote: »

Nope
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,136
    No, and I hope she never does. (Chun doesn't need anymore costumes)
    Within the dream, he stayed.

"Some garbage is okay." - Safety Stegosaurus
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just saw the news article on SRK about KI Definitive Edition containing KI 94. Do you think if SFV rereleased with USF2 as a bonus, it would be a good idea?
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Do I drive? Or am I driven?" Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Just saw the news article on SRK about KI Definitive Edition containing KI 94. Do you think if SFV rereleased with USF2 as a bonus, it would be a good idea?

Yes, yes! Of course!
  • JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,059
    Ryu's costume is dope, Chun's is lame. wtf at this blog post though lol. I guess no new character and possibly no balance update / CFN update this month?
    JoeyTones wrote: »
    Ryu's costume is dope, Chun's is lame. wtf at this blog post though lol. I guess no new character and possibly no balance update / CFN update this month?

I guess you have no faith in our Lords

I have faith in their cruelty and barbarous ways
    edited April 18

I lost faith since reading this last month

"Chun-Li

Hyakuretsukyaku (Normal/V-Trigger)
    Changed the number of necessary inputs when rapidly pressing K from 4 to 5
    Developer Comments: The initial change to Hyakuretsukyaku was made so that both legacy players and new players could input the command for this attack as they saw fit. Unfortunately, for some players who press buttons repeatedly either in block stun, hit stun or during combos, this sometimes led to accidental inputs. To alleviate this issue, the number of K inputs has been increased."

tocry.png

I remember when s2 started people were saying the mash input was better in some way like the move property changed

that was all just BS then wasn't it?

I have faith in their cruelty and barbarous ways

Wait till Marvel hits. Your eyes won't be ready.

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,715
    edited April 18

bah not enough support on srk to actually support a thread

ill bitch and moan about injustice here occasionally with my good friends!!!! :)

whens 2.5 patch alreadyyyyyyy, can't play injustice, don't wanna play sf5 in its current form

All I can do is sit and think and thinkings for idiots

at one point you have to lay the seed for it to become a.....big ape
    Post edited by appomo on
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,779
    purses are dumb.

backpacks are where its at regardless of gender.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    That fancy Qanba bag looks cool. If it can be used for more than just sticks that would be a stylish accessory.
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    Abigail Discord:
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Trying really hard Joined: Posts: 7,668
    Both the Thailand stage and those alts looks really good. I need to mod the CPS1 Bison theme in on it, dem bells tho.

That being said, for fuck's sake Capcom reveal the next character already holy fuck.
    CFN: SpitefulBanette
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,605

Yes, yes! Of course!

I read this and heard Raul Julia's voice.
    From the blog post:

"More new content for April is on the way, so stay tuned for more."

Nay-sayers need to stfu and gtfo.
  • SkiesOfAzelSkiesOfAzel Joined: Posts: 933
    edited April 18

I lost faith since reading this last month

"Chun-Li

Hyakuretsukyaku (Normal/V-Trigger)
    Changed the number of necessary inputs when rapidly pressing K from 4 to 5
    Developer Comments: The initial change to Hyakuretsukyaku was made so that both legacy players and new players could input the command for this attack as they saw fit. Unfortunately, for some players who press buttons repeatedly either in block stun, hit stun or during combos, this sometimes led to accidental inputs. To alleviate this issue, the number of K inputs has been increased."

tocry.png

I remember when s2 started people were saying the mash input was better in some way like the move property changed

that was all just BS then wasn't it?

No it wasn't. They increased the negative edge buffer window by a lot. I dropped the game in the middle of season 1 and got back to it two weeks ago and it's really noticeable and extremely annoying. I have to hold down buttons for a year and a day, it's ridiculous. Even if you depress when the direction is down back, it still counts it as qcf in some cases.
    edited April 18
    Lol I guess I really am the only one who likes B-Ryu...also have B-Chun, but that outfit is actually garbage in game.
    PSN/CFN- Ribu_the_Luster
    Ed_SFV Discord:
    Abigail Discord:
    From the blog post:

"More new content for April is on the way, so stay tuned for more."

Nay-sayers need to stfu and gtfo.

april 2018
  • SkiesOfAzelSkiesOfAzel Joined: Posts: 933
    From the blog post: