What is going to happen to the rest of Mad Catz stock?

AZERTY_my_QWERTYAZERTY_my_QWERTY Joined: Posts: 3
I'm not sure what the procedure is here but I'm sure Mad Catz has tons of fight sticks sitting in some warehouses somewhere. Will there be a liquidation sale of sorts? How would one be able to find these sorts of auctions/sales. The only information I could find about their backruptcy and who is handling their assets is this,

"The company, founded in 1989, is incorporated in Canada but headquartered in Mira Mesa. Its board of directors and executive officers have resigned, and PricewaterhouseCoopers has been appointed to oversee the company." (link)

Anyone else have any info on this?

I'm sorry I'm new here so if this is the wrong sub-forum for this please move to appropriate place.

Comments

• Murphy0XMurphy0X Joined: Posts: 63
    That implies they had money to pay their manufacturer. My guess is there is some stock sitting idle, but not a ton. If you're not operating in the black, you're not going to keep a large stock of inventory on hand.
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 995
    here in the UK some of their stock has been put up for sale by a 3rd party company

I bought 2 F.L.Y. 9 wireless Flight Sticks for PS3 for £14.99 each. received today, amazing quality, tested and works well with my only flight game After Burner Climax, time to buy a few more now........
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 64
    anzhar wrote: »
    here in the UK some of their stock has been put up for sale by a 3rd party company

I bought 2 F.L.Y. 9 wireless Flight Sticks for PS3 for £14.99 each. received today, amazing quality, tested and works well with my only flight game After Burner Climax, time to buy a few more now........

Hi
    Which company? Got a link?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,366
    This thread, LOL.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • earthwormbenearthwormben Joined: Posts: 39
    Darksakul wrote: »
    This thread, LOL.

???
    I'm not sure what your getting at?
  • herbaltea33herbaltea33 Joined: Posts: 1
    The Mad Catz website looks like it's been taken off line as is the Tritton site, but I found this site https://www.madcatzdownloads.com which has the windows 10 drivers for the TE2+ TEs+ and TE sticks. They charging a few dollars for each to help keep the drivers available apparently
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,179
    I know the company is bankrupt/kaput, but charging 2 quid for something that someone else created--without their permission--is lame, extortive, and illegal.
  • JayduckyJayducky Stupid Questions---> Joined: Posts: 737
    This thread, LOL.

I second that!, lol
    Step 1: Put a hole in the box.
    edited April 19
    You might not agree with the "lame" and "extortive" parts.. but international intellectual property case law agrees with me.
    [EDIT: unless of course, you're China :wink: ]
    Post edited by jopamo on
    edited April 19
    jopamo wrote: »
    Do some Google searching before impulsively tapping that "Get Rekt" button, @Jayducky .
    You might not agree with the "lame" and "extortive" parts.. but international intellectual property case law agrees with me.
    [EDIT: unless of course, you're China :wink: ]

So, your directing that against just me? I'm not the only one in this thread to say that. lol.
    Darksakul said the same thing. ;)

edited April 19
    He just said this thread is laughable. I agree. That was not my point...

I was commenting on @herbaltea33 'a post about a guy charging 2 pounds-a-download for Mad Catz product drivers.
    It doesn't cost 2 quid-a-download to keep a site like that running. Links could point to a free Dropbox or google drive account. That guy is doing something illegal for profit. Hence, my comment.
    edited April 19
    He just aid this thread is laughable. I agree. That was not my point...

I was commenting on @herbaltea33 'a post about a guy charging 2 pounds a download for Mad Catz product drivers.
    It doesn't cost 2 quid a download to keep a site running. Links could point to a free Dropbox or google drive account. That guy is doing something illegal for profit. Hence, my comment.
    So, why did you direct towards me. That has nothing to do with me. lol!
    Jopamo, did you just edit your post so it doesn't look like your directing toward me? lol

Because you had initially set "Get Rekt" for my following post.
    I know the company is bankrupt/kaput, but charging 2 quid for something that someone else created--without their permission--is lame, extortive, and illegal.

...Now I see that you've changed that "Get Rekt" to a "LOL."
    giphy.gif
    Jayducky wrote: »
    Jopamo, did you just edit your post so it doesn't look like your directing toward me? lol

I edited my earlier post to reflect your change. Next time don't secretly change your comment tag when you get called out, and then make believe it didn't happen.

...oh and before I drop the mic on this silly thread (and you in general) thanks for posting this completely unsolicited gem on my wall:
    eIAsGoel.png

giphy.gif
    This thread, LOL.

???
    I'm not sure what your getting at?

Useless speculation is useless.

• AZERTY_my_QWERTYAZERTY_my_QWERTY Joined: Posts: 3
    I'm not sure what the joke is? I'm serious, they filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy which is:
    Liquidation under a Chapter 7 filing is the most common form of bankruptcy. Liquidation involves the appointment of a trustee who collects the non-exempt property of the debtor, sells it and distributes the proceeds to the creditors.
    LINK

I'm pretty confident these sales are auctions usually held in private but if someone here finds some info on where you could possibly purchase some inventory everyone here would jump at it.
  • HappensHappens Joined: Posts: 3
    They seemed to be having stock issues while they were still alive (considering how hard it was to actually get a TE2) so I don't think they have a warehouse full of sticks to sell. If anything they probably have garbage like mice and keyboards to sell off.
  • KunikuKuniku Joined: Posts: 351
    Any auctions will be "warehouse" lots of products, so don't expect to be able to pop along to an auction at hopes of getting a cheap fight stick, most likely another company will by the stock to try and make a profit by selling it on - so look for other companies selling cheap (unless they try to sell them as "collectors pieces" at a premium of course)
    edited April 21
    So I see it as one of the following

Scenario #1 Warehouse sells Mad Catz Sticks for cheap to clear out stock and make room for something else. This is unlikely because most warehouses lack the means to sell in a store front.

Scenario #2 (most likely) presented by Kuniku, warehouse does LOT auctions (sells the entire stock in a single auction) to a company who resells the sticks for a profit.

Scenario #3 Warehouse themselves sell the sticks at a inflated price on Amazon or eBay. Unlikely as as simple as it sounds, warehouses rarely sells to a store front, they might lack the personnel or facilities to run such an operation.

Scenario #4 Warehouse holds on to the product, and its forgotten for years or decades, sticks sold later as New Old Stock. (Possible).

• StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I see it as one of the following

Scenario #4 Warehouse holds on to the product, and its forgotten for years or decades, sticks sold later as New Old Stock. (Possible).

I hope new-old happens that would be the most excited I've been for current generation Madcatz sticks outside of the first image of the Madcatz Alpha stick.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    edited April 21
    Fightstick Alpha got you excited? How so? Not being a douche, I'm actually curious as to why.

I never tried it, and people who did tossed them
    up on eBay with the quickness. That made me lose interest.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fightstick Alpha got you excited? How so? Not being a douche, I'm actually curious as to why.

My main stick has been the Hori Namco stick since '97 Tekken2/Soul Blade combo. Still my main stick today albeit all modified, easily fits for air and hotel travel. I bought another one just to keep stock one just for nostalgia but even that gets used occasionaly with brooks/Xtokki adapters.

So seeing another small form factor stick that actually looked like something I'ld want to use was exciting until I just modded my go-to namco for current generation.
    (Hori's current gen smaller stick options I personally don't like)
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    Thx. The Hori Namco stick is awesome AF. Enjoy!
    edited April 28
    @herbaltea33 I was able to download the full gamut of Mad Catz fightstick drivers at their corporate site. That makes madcatzdownloads even MORE shady than it already was. Fuckers..

Anyway, I've got the lot zipped and upped to Zippyshare HERE. If anyone needs them once the site goes down--hopefully you'll find this thread. If the link doesn't work anymore (may be auto-deleted due to inactivity after a time) then PM me.
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 420
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 190
    edited May 1
    Well that escalated quickly.

8xlrvb.png
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 140
    Hell on eBay people were wanting 399-429 weeks before mad catz went under. Never understood their pricing logic. Lol
    edited May 1
    Neither do I. For [less than] that price range, you can have a custom stick (and a really nice one to boot)!
  • dav3ybdav3yb Quarter Man Joined: Posts: 1,119
    Neither do I. For [less than] that price range, you can have a custom stick (and a really nice one to boot)!

Or for about 1/3rd of the price a hori that is just as good/better.
  • airdoojieairdoojie Joined: Posts: 55
    Man, it sucks that MadCatz went out of business. I was really hoping for a revamped PS4 "+" edition of the V.S. fightstick down the road :(
    edited May 4
    dav3yb wrote: »

Or for about 1/3rd of the price a hori that is just as good/better.

True. I'm done buying commercial market sticks myself--but for people in the market for one--buying a Mad Catz right now is a silly proposition (for the current prices)